facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 13, 2007, 04:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
2. I think a true and confident leader leads by example, by his own contribution. Only a fragile leader try to suvive on other people's contribution.

3. Nobody is denying Bashar's past contribution to the team: as a player as well as a captain. He is one of the the best amoung the past captain. But time passes, team matures, demand increases, new options pops ups... and thus changes happens...new actors comes in ... the old retires. Thats the nature of the game....

4. I don't buy the logic that we should stick with mediore only because of the fear that we may end up much much worse captain who may screw up every thing we build so far. In life we need to make calculated risks, we need to know when to move on....unnecessary fear about unkoen future will take us no where but backward.
I don't disagree that we may need to change captain and also I fully believe that Bashar also have that in mind. My question was about the change on critical path. We are on a mission and these sort of discussion can simply break down a team unity, motivition. Are we discussing those at right time? Most importantly, in a right way?? Is it the behaviour you expect after serving the nation for so long?

Regarding your comments on successfull leader, yes, you need to lead from the front on a project. However, that's not all. Team still believe that he has the strongest and wisest and most experienced cricketing brain on the shoulder among all the players in the team. He knows what it means by manner/inter personal skill - which is one of the most important skill for sustaining the unity in the team.

But there is a word called 'bad patch' in cricket. If you don't know, look at the record of Jayasuria and Inzamam in last world cup or Vougn in this world cup. Is not it too quick to forget that he was our most prolific run scorer in both version of the games? I have to smile on your impatience as you are indicating to 5/6 innings when we are performing our best as a team. Where were all those question when we were losing every match day after day, and all our players were continiously failing?? Please keep faith on your past, this will give you peace in heart and take you frontwards.

Having said all of above, I am completely agreed to look for a new captain. But all I want is it should be happened on right time, right way and right process. Please wait a while, be patient, wish good-luck and you will definitely be provided with a new leader.
Old April 13, 2007, 04:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangladeshFan
.....I have no respect for him, he should have been kicked out of captaincy long ago,......

sometimes, I wonder, what the good internet brought to the earth
Old April 13, 2007, 04:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
I think you never played cricket or even if you had that was in PS2 or something. else you wouldn't have made such stupid comment and break that secret in front of every one.
Haaahaa.............
some people need to walk miles before they learn how to bring their imotion down. But they don't know, they actually make themselves foolish in front of the whole world by unloading all the immotional packages from their container by that time.
Old April 13, 2007, 04:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

then we should also ban calling ash, "ashrafool" that has to be at least as disrespectful to the man who has singly most responsible for 2 of Bangladesh's biggest achievements as a nation, not simply as a cricket team.

we should also similarily stop calling tapash baisya, "paposh" or "taposh"...spell his name correctly, not with an "o"...and if you can't do that, then the technology is there and write it in bangla
Old April 13, 2007, 05:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
Please Bashar got his hablu name well before the WC. so don't try to mix these two
I am not particularly discussing the hablu term here. I rather focused on the current tone of BC against our captain.
Old April 13, 2007, 05:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Bangladesh

BC will loose its unique charms- as someone termed "stadia atmosphere"- if we are deprived from the followings:

Asharful
Ash da fool
Ashrafool
AshraFULL
Olowkik Kopailla
JLO/JO

And

Last but not least- Hablu

Some "politically correct"ness is necessary but PC-gone-mad is tedious and dull!

Last edited by BanCricFan; April 13, 2007 at 05:10 PM..
Old April 13, 2007, 05:05 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

hehehe... I see what Chinaman is trying to do here, congrats to him for taking thi move and on the contrary let's just have a laugh at the some of the names given to the bangladeshi cricket team members ....

Bashar: Bash, HaBa, Hablu, Goblu, Keblu
Ashraful: Ashrafool, Eid, "Ashar"ful, Ash,
Kapali: Kapaili
Mahmud: "baang", chacha,
Omar: Gollu, Golla
Razzak: Lalla
Mashrafe: Pagla

Can't remember anymore
Old April 13, 2007, 05:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
You can not force people respect someone. I think a true and confident leader leads by example, by his own contribution. Only a fragile leader try to suvive on other people's contribution. Nobody is denying Bashar's past contribution to the team: as a player as well as a captain. He is one of the the best amoung the past captain. But time passes, team matures, demand increases, new options pops ups... and thus changes happens...new actors comes in ... the old retires. Thats the nature of the game....

4. I don't buy the logic that we should stick with mediore only because of the fear that we may end up much much worse captain who may screw up every thing we build so far. In life we need to make calculated risks, we need to know when to move on....unnecessary fear about unkoen future will take us no where but backward.

Exactly my thought! Good one Fazal. People earn their nicknames by their act.
My question is would anybody call Niaz Murshed, the chessplayer, a "habla", "hablu", "haba", even if looks like one? Why not HB look and act like a captain? He has such an outstanding opportunity to mingle with the best ex and current players and captains, and take their advice, not to mention his own coach. If he takes a class on captaincy I dont think anybody in the world would protest or be surprised, since we all know he needs HELP!

HB has been playing cricket for how long now? 20 some years, 15 of which at the international level. After all this his act on the field is just unthinkable, sometimes people wonder does he really know how to make a good decision at all, even the commentators make so many negative/derogatory comments about him that its a big shame, and insulting to say the least. HB represent BD and his act on the field can be shameful for a bangladeshi as well. Doed HB know all this? I do blame Dav Whatmore for not being able to make a good captain out of HB. This one area Dav has failed, completely.

My request to HB would be, please stop playing cricket for few weeks at least. Completely stop playing. And then watch some classic matches where players like Imran Khan, Alan Border, Ricky Ponting, even Ganguly led their teams. See what a great captain like Imran Khan could do with a hopeless Pakistan team in 1992. I was a small boy then, but my goodness I still cant forget how Imran Khan could made things upside down, a true leader who led by example with lots of his own limitations.

Sure we dont expect all this from HB, but for goodness sake, and for the sake of your own name and BD cricket, please focus in the field while playing, spend some time analyzing the opposition the night before, talk to the analyst, talk to coach on strategy, and figure out how to change and adapt to situations instead of being a ROBOT. Learn how to take risk and create pressure when a wicket falls (add a slip for example).

Now this are all so simple observation, most cricketers can do that, and I have a feeling maybe HB himself is doing that. Then why the same mistakes over and over? Why act like so naive sometime? Can you answer that HB? Please do, because we want to see you as our Imran Khan. And if you cant answer that, it means you have lost the ability to learn and understand for good and it is time to step down. Then no one will call you "hablu" anymore.
Old April 13, 2007, 05:08 PM
Cricket Guru

BTW, When Tapash is called "Paposh" this is when the line has been crossed! Or any player dubbed as a "loser"!
Old April 13, 2007, 05:29 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
BTW, When Tapash is called "Paposh" this is when the line has been crossed! Or any player dubbed as a "loser"!
Why should JO then be called Golla or Gollu ?

Habla Hablu golla gollu...ufffff ki kando
Old April 13, 2007, 05:32 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

AHHH its good to be Bangladeshi. SO much arguement over simple stuffs. Man we Bangalis love arguing and theres no denying that.
Old April 13, 2007, 05:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
AHHH its good to be Bangladeshi. SO much arguement over simple stuffs. Man we Bangalis love arguing and theres no denying that.
After a long time, I agree with you tonoy
Old April 13, 2007, 05:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocha
Why should JO then be called Golla or Gollu ?
Simple! He IS Golla!:p
Old April 13, 2007, 05:43 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
After a long time, I agree with you tonoy
Old April 13, 2007, 05:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar2005

But there is a word called 'bad patch' in cricket. If you don't know, look at the record of Jayasuria and Inzamam in last world cup or Vougn in this world cup. Is not it too quick to forget that he was our most prolific run scorer in both version of the games? I have to smile on your impatience as you are indicating to 5/6 innings when we are performing our best as a team. Where were all those question when we were losing every match day after day, and all our players were continiously failing?? Please keep faith on your past, this will give you peace in heart and take you frontwards.
As i said I don't disagree all what you said. I don't expect to drop Bashar in this WC; I wouldn't mind if that happnes either. But dont expect too much on returning his from back. Beacuse you are neglecting one thing my firend, and that is 'bad patch' and 'old player' combined in cricket is similar to 'diabetes' and 'blood pressure' combined. Ususally at the end of their career 'bad patch' doesn't go off that easily. And thats why even players like Enzy retired from ODI to concentrate more on TEST.
Old April 13, 2007, 06:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
HB has been playing cricket for how long now? 20 some years, 15 of which at the international level. After all this his act on the field is just unthinkable, sometimes people wonder does he really know how to make a good decision at all, even the commentators make so many negative/derogatory comments about him that its a big shame, and insulting to say the least. HB represent BD and his act on the field can be shameful for a bangladeshi as well. Doed HB know all this? I do blame Dav Whatmore for not being able to make a good captain out of HB. This one area Dav has failed, completely.
How do you think that you have reached at WC07 second round? Was that under your captaincy?? Bashar definitely has limitation but it does not mean he did all bad for you and your team. Did not you see ever that any other captain do mistakes or commentator lough about the captain? Who cares?? All I care is he took us to a level where we got the respect of the world. I feel sorry for you that you did not enjoy that respect. And don't blame Dav. He and Bashar definitely have a better cricketing brain than you, me or any other here in BC.

Quote:
My request to HB would be, please stop playing cricket for few weeks at least. Completely stop playing. And then watch some classic matches where players like Imran Khan, Alan Border, Ricky Ponting, even Ganguly led their teams. See what a great captain like Imran Khan could do with a hopeless Pakistan team in 1992. I was a small boy then, but my goodness I still cant forget how Imran Khan could made things upside down, a true leader who led by example with lots of his own limitations.
My request to you is stop mudding unnecessary. Enjoy the best moment of BD cricket in the whole history. Better watch some classic mathces where BD beated teams like Australia, NewZealand, India or South AFrica. See what HB did for you and your team - how bashar has done this in WC07.

Quote:
Sure we dont expect all this from HB, but for goodness sake, and for the sake of your own name and BD cricket, please focus in the field while playing, spend some time analyzing the opposition the night before, talk to the analyst, talk to coach on strategy, and figure out how to change and adapt to situations instead of being a ROBOT. Learn how to take risk and create pressure when a wicket falls (add a slip for example).
So you think the win against Australia, India, South AFrica came without any analysis or team strategy?? You have noticed his bad time but not the good time when he delivered for BD. Did you know that Jaysuria and Inzamam had an average of bellow 5 runs in 2003 world cup? Have the earth kicked them out of the soil? Ma's be patient and try to act with gratitude. It's so easy to type some words on internet.

Quote:
Now this are all so simple observation, most cricketers can do that, and I have a feeling maybe HB himself is doing that. Then why the same mistakes over and over? Why act like so naive sometime? Can you answer that HB? Please do, because we want to see you as our Imran Khan. And if you cant answer that, it means you have lost the ability to learn and understand for good and it is time to step down. Then no one will call you "hablu" anymore.
Yeah, these all are so simple that we should have Imran khan, Ricky Ponting in Banglar ghorey ghorey. How many Imran Khan do you have at your home??

Please please try to be grateful. What is your objective? Do you want to change captain today? Is there anyone in your list who can lead BD today? Try to be realistic before blaming people unnecessary. Bashar has brought your team to a level where BD was never. If you can blame captain for bad show, you MUST have to praise them for creating history for your team as well.
Old April 13, 2007, 06:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Really? Then go ahead post a picture of yours!
If I do, then these pictures will be all over Bangladesh, England and Australia and then my Aunts in Bangladesh, England and Australia will get way too many unnecessary Marriage proposals for their handsome nephew and they'll tell my mom and then I really don't want them to have that burden if you know what i mean
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old April 13, 2007, 06:56 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Why does the original post sound like an official decree?

chinaman should make it clear that the original post should be taken as an informal request by a normal user.
Old April 13, 2007, 06:57 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

If anyone finds "Hablu" offensive, he should just take it as a shortened version of the name (like "Ash" for Ashraful).
Old April 13, 2007, 08:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakibul Hasan

Old April 13, 2007, 08:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Bashar is the most decent of all captains of any team in this world. Yes, he makes mistakes, and so do we. Calling him Hablu sometimes as an "adorer daak" (as many of you are saying) may be all right. But using that in a disrespectful manner is very bad.

Do remember that he has had sufficient amount of contribution to bring Bangladesh team where it is right now. Yes he may still be an immature cricketer, but that doesn't mean he is to get thrashed for any bad performance.

Reasoned arguments about why he shouldn't captain the team are okay. But lets not take it to a personal level.

That's all
Old April 13, 2007, 08:47 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

No haablu only HA BA orrrrr Gablu or .......sorry ,but he completely lost his memory about cricketing shots.
Old April 13, 2007, 09:15 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I don't know where you guys find all that energy or time to argue about almost anything.. It's intimidating sometimes.
Old April 13, 2007, 09:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
I don't know where you guys find all that energy or time to argue about almost anything.. It's intimidating sometimes.
and yet you find time to reply.... what a bad thread to bring in exactly the thing that was undesired...

Looks like banglacricket's captain's head not working either... too much emotion.

But I must agree, we should always criticize people thinking the person criticized have access to everything.... 99% of what is said in the forum will never be uttered face to face......

after a win - bashar is genius
after a loss- bashar is hablu

I think these are natural fanatic reactions....not much thoughts are put into it
Old April 13, 2007, 09:33 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
and yet you find time to reply....
I find time to reply in short, not argue about every single thing every person has to say.