facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 12, 2007, 04:08 PM
Test Cricketer

Default Utpol Shuvra blames every body but Bashar

Not surprising, they have a seemingly good relationship.

http://www.prothom-alo.org/index.new...p?nid=NjU2Ng==
Old May 12, 2007, 04:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

who cares about utpal shuvro. we all saw what happened in the match
Old May 12, 2007, 04:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Shuvro is a good writer for sure, but the guy has no cricketing sense. I wonder how he became the sports editor for Prothom-Alo.

Last edited by TheWatcher; May 12, 2007 at 04:39 PM..
Old May 12, 2007, 04:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Shuvro is a good writer for sure, but the guy has no cricketing sense. I wonder how he became the sports editor for Prothom-Alo.
Thnaks for saying that Watcher. U d 1st person here who agrees wid me. Actually, he is like many other writers in Bangladeshi media who has not gr8 sense of cricket.
Only Rabeed Imam is the one. Uptol Shuvro jst for name sack is into cricket while Rabeed Imama is passionate about it.
Old May 12, 2007, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Emotions, emotions, and emotions.

Or as BonBon put it below... melodrama, melodrama, melodrama. No sorry, its meant to be "flowery stuff"

Last edited by ammark; May 12, 2007 at 06:50 PM..
Old May 12, 2007, 05:50 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Lara

Just read the article. poor Utpal.
Old May 12, 2007, 06:04 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Umpires

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
Not really..utpol shuvro writes flowery stuff like sharat chandra.He has a super soft corner for Basher.
Old May 12, 2007, 08:40 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Amader Shomoy writes the truth about the Bashar.

http://www.amadershomoy.com/all.php?id=13454&sys=3
Old May 12, 2007, 09:08 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Spot on!! Mr. Shuvro writes based on his relationship with players or his personal thoughts about them, not really on the true scenario effective for the team.
Old May 12, 2007, 09:14 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark

Or as BonBon put it below... melodrama, melodrama, melodrama. No sorry, its meant to be "flowery stuff"
yeah, way too much of it. beta tui cricket niya likhte aichos cricket niya lekh - torey eto kabbo rochona korte keda koise?
Old May 12, 2007, 09:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Prothom-Alo is loosing it's reputation for sports journalism. And Utpol's match reports are worsening day by day. His match reports are full of his comments where as match report should portray the true match picture.

If one portrays his thoughts in the match report then it's not a match report anymore. Prothom-alo needs to think about this issue seriously.

No doubt UP got soft corner for Habibul. After all these failure as a batsman and as a captain he doesn't critisizes Habibul at all. When a leading newspaper does it then it's a obstacle for our cricket. Media should bring these captaincy issues in the front.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old May 12, 2007, 11:11 PM
Street Cricketer

Default Utpol Shuvro - Champion of clichés

Utpol Shuvro – is a name synonymous to clichés and overzealous writing – void of cricketing wisdom. Often he seems to grope with some limited words and he tries to make that up by his passionate writing. Some of the recent reporting that he has done resembles noting but gibberish. In every second reporting he makes, you are certain to find words like “Mohakabbik” and some other clichés – that have been ingrained into Mr. Shuvro.

I had once seen an interview of his on the TV a few years ago and frankly he seemed not to possess any knowledge about the game. He depends heavily on statistics and does the “copy-pasting” stuff from the cricinfo. Prothom Alo should now really look into the matter seriously and find someone else who is better at this job. Shuvro’s rosy reporting may have some poetical appeal to some cricket-unsophisticated mass but in reality those are of abject poor quality.
Old May 12, 2007, 11:32 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by capslock
Utpol Shuvra blames every body but Bashar
Utpol Shuvro is a very reasonable man. Do you expect a reasonable man to blame a Kid?
Old May 13, 2007, 12:05 AM
Street Cricketer

Utpol Shuvra and his "kind" made me stop reading the damn cricket columns in the Bangla newspapers. The one and only newspaper cricket columns I'm still sticking to is Daily Star and that too for the sake of Rabid Imam.

Oi beta re haater kase paile .. bhai gola tipe mara icon nai ?

<3 Sakib Al Hasan <3
Old May 13, 2007, 12:41 AM
ODI Cricketer

I agree that he should have been bit more vocal in recent times regarding Bashar, but generally speaking I dont see anything wrong with his reporting. There are tons of other sports writer who plays blame game. Azam is one of them.

He shows great sense and responsibilities in his writings unlike majority of other sports journalists. True he shares a great relationship with the players. Where other journalist uses inciteful words, he keeps himself away from it. Rabeed is very good as well.
Old May 13, 2007, 12:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

And yet Prothom-Alo claims for journalistic freedom to speak the truth.. Utola Shuvra has in fact hurt Bashar more by not saying the truth of his case.. The 88 ball 43 is not cominig back amongst runs. Mashrafee scored more than him with one fourth ball faced... We said enough about Bashar but I agree that these journalists have, in fact, impacted the authroties negatively than constrcutively. just the other day,, the signing between ACB and BCB was made a big deal because BCB paid the money on time as per contract.. Prothom Alo made it sound like it was a shady deal. Was it? Now we hear that Raqibul, Minhazul is actually going to Australia for the trainings.. The report was totally bogus and misleading. Utola Shuvro is one of the worst sports writer I have read.. I mean, politicization of media is one thing,, but politicization of sports media sounds a bit foolish and self-defeating,, which Utola is leading the front.
Old May 13, 2007, 02:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

he's not the only bashar-apologist in town. he maybe the only one who actually never does any apologizing. it's tough to be objective for anyone, especially when it comes to cricket, our national passion and pastime as a journalist he's expected to be fair. i'm not so sure how fair he has been. never one to contextualize his well-written opinions, say in terms of cricket-infrastructure or creating undue pressure on impressionable young cricketers whose promising careers may be compromised by such carelessness, utpol shubhro's adulation and vilification of our cricketers have always had more to do with his personal fondness of cricketers, especially his fellow writing and উপন্যাস- reading compadre - hablu... oh well.