facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old April 20, 2007, 03:39 PM
zohra zohra is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: April 15, 2007
Posts: 84

Quote "then not only can they do that in 4 years time, they can do it more regularly and perhaps get to the same level as Australia."
HaHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAAHH: lol:
  #27  
Old April 20, 2007, 04:11 PM
undertaker undertaker is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: April 6, 2007
Posts: 8

Any prize for guessing whose signature is this? O i c root cause of this thread ....hahahaha

__________________
Bangladesh - World Champions - World Cup 2011
বাংলাদেশ - বিশ্ব Champion - বিশ্বকাপ ক্রিকেট 2011
  #28  
Old April 20, 2007, 04:14 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 20,318

nice post bharat...

btw, how fast was kapil?
__________________
Bangladesh is a stronger team with Shakib al Hasan.
Bangladesh is a stronger team without Shakib al Hasan.
  #29  
Old April 20, 2007, 04:21 PM
sar2005's Avatar
sar2005 sar2005 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 1, 2005
Location: Copenhagen
Posts: 2,540

Only time can say it. But what the hell wrong in hopping for when we beated all the 4 semifinalists of WC07 on our day??
__________________
Subhanallah! Al-Hamdulillah!! AllahuAkbar!!!
  #30  
Old April 20, 2007, 05:42 PM
habfreak's Avatar
habfreak habfreak is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 10, 2005
Location: Montreal, Canada
Favorite Player: Shahadat, Zunaid
Posts: 1,456

After the 2003 world cup, who would have thought Bangladesh will last almost a month longer than both India and Pakistan in their very nex WC campaign. Answer? ME and thousands of other fans...
EVERYTHING STARTS WITH A DREAM...and whenever there's a dream; there are people who DOUBT. but that's OK..because that makes the success even sweeter...LIKE RIGHT NOW! TIGERS ALL THE WAY!
__________________
Fast bowling is all about character and attitude. You have to have the attitude of bowling fast and hitting people. So for most of the Sub-continent the problem remains in the attitude." (Aqib Javed)
  #31  
Old April 20, 2007, 05:45 PM
habfreak's Avatar
habfreak habfreak is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 10, 2005
Location: Montreal, Canada
Favorite Player: Shahadat, Zunaid
Posts: 1,456

BTW...nice post bharat...I was 6 months old when India won in 83 , but I think the Tigers look a lot like the Lankan team jsut before they won im 1996....everyones sees the potential...but it's not just coming together..but when it does...WATCH OUT! We already got a preview this time..didn't we?
__________________
Fast bowling is all about character and attitude. You have to have the attitude of bowling fast and hitting people. So for most of the Sub-continent the problem remains in the attitude." (Aqib Javed)
  #32  
Old April 20, 2007, 06:56 PM
Anher's Avatar
Anher Anher is offline
BC T20 WC 2012 Fantasy League Winner
 
Join Date: January 31, 2005
Posts: 3,158

I thought we are going to be Champion in this WC07.
  #33  
Old April 20, 2007, 10:21 PM
SMHasan's Avatar
SMHasan SMHasan is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 20, 2005
Location: Dhaka
Posts: 3,061

To Amit

You are jealous. It is as simple as that.
__________________

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
  #34  
Old April 20, 2007, 11:27 PM
Farhad's Avatar
Farhad Farhad is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 11, 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Favorite Player: Sakibul Hasan
Posts: 2,815

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
To Amit

You are jealous. It is as simple as that.
Cmon guys...Not much wrong with what he said...Hes got a fair point. Just made a mistake generalising ALL BD fans. Thats about it. Cuz to be honest, we cant really expect to win the 2011 WC YET. Lets give it a year under another coachs tenure and see how it goes. Then we can make the predictions
__________________
^True dat^
  #35  
Old April 20, 2007, 11:44 PM
bd_fan_from_india bd_fan_from_india is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 20, 2004
Location: New Delhi, India
Favorite Player: MS Dhoni(India)
Posts: 179

i am not going to pull india into this, so keep this thread out of any india talk. i am only saying that bangladesh winning the 2011 wc will be one of the biggest cricketing upests of all time, bigger than india in 1983 and sl in 1996. bangladesh, needs to improve its batting considerably to be any of the favourites in the 2011 wc. as of now, bangladesh doesnt even have a single hitter and cannot chase scores in excess of 200 regularly, ireland and west indies matches showed that bd lacked big-hitters, someone who can take the game to the opposition. the closest bd has anyone to be called a big-hitter is bds strike bowler mortaza who bats at 8. none of ashraful, aftab, tamim r big-hitters.

when india won in 1983, we had 1-2 big-hitters and 1 pacer and when sri lanka won in 1996, they won bcoz of having 2 big-hitters at the top and 1 pacer. bangladesh, needs to find big-hitters and will need to score over 300+ consistently against top teams to have any hope of winning the world cup. as of now, bangladeshs highest score against a big team is only 265 and overall its 301. and only 5 times bd has made 250 or more against a big team in more than 5 years pulling off only 1 chase of 250 or more in this time. to be even dreaming of winning the world cup, bd needs to score 300+ and pull 250+ chases consistently.

but there is 1 thing, if bd dream of winning the 2011 wc, then they can atleast finish in the top 5.
__________________
Bangladesh are NOT minnows
  #36  
Old April 21, 2007, 12:14 AM
Kabir's Avatar
Kabir Kabir is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: September 3, 2006
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger
Posts: 11,139

Amit, I agree with what you're saying. It's unrealistic. But then again, you gotta understand that it's a forum full of crazy fans. And some crazy expectations isn't too hard to digest, is it?

To all members, please don't bring in India into this. Amit's signature should tell you the reason why he should be taken seriously here.
  #37  
Old April 21, 2007, 12:14 AM
bd_fan_from_india bd_fan_from_india is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 20, 2004
Location: New Delhi, India
Favorite Player: MS Dhoni(India)
Posts: 179

another thing, i feel that if the 2015 wc had been held in the sub-continent, then bd would have had a better chance of winning that. bd is going to find it tougher in aussie conditions in 2015
__________________
Bangladesh are NOT minnows
  #38  
Old April 21, 2007, 12:20 AM
Sohel's Avatar
Sohel Sohel is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: April 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Posts: 35,236

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd_fan_from_india
i am not going to pull india into this, so keep this thread out of any india talk. i am only saying that bangladesh winning the 2011 wc will be one of the biggest cricketing upests of all time, bigger than india in 1983 and sl in 1996. bangladesh, needs to improve its batting considerably to be any of the favourites in the 2011 wc. as of now, bangladesh doesnt even have a single hitter and cannot chase scores in excess of 200 regularly, ireland and west indies matches showed that bd lacked big-hitters, someone who can take the game to the opposition. the closest bd has anyone to be called a big-hitter is bds strike bowler mortaza who bats at 8. none of ashraful, aftab, tamim r big-hitters.

when india won in 1983, we had 1-2 big-hitters and 1 pacer and when sri lanka won in 1996, they won bcoz of having 2 big-hitters at the top and 1 pacer. bangladesh, needs to find big-hitters and will need to score over 300+ consistently against top teams to have any hope of winning the world cup. as of now, bangladeshs highest score against a big team is only 265 and overall its 301. and only 5 times bd has made 250 or more against a big team in more than 5 years pulling off only 1 chase of 250 or more in this time. to be even dreaming of winning the world cup, bd needs to score 300+ and pull 250+ chases consistently.

but there is 1 thing, if bd dream of winning the 2011 wc, then they can atleast finish in the top 5.
This is not just overly patriotic jingoism. We can do it. Good new selectors, a better captain, a good new coach and play, play, play on a variety of wickets... we have a good chance of winning the next WC. All too often consistency bears the fruits of victory, and learning to be consistent, and learning fast is what we'll do. Test cricket will take more time as the new type of cricket culture begins to take root here. We've actually managed to put our country, much to the surprise and shock of many, back on the right path after years of masochism. We'll do the same for our cricket without waiting that long. Thanks for participating.

Last edited by Sohel; April 21, 2007 at 12:28 AM.. Reason: grammar
  #39  
Old April 21, 2007, 12:34 AM
gatekeeper gatekeeper is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 1, 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 2,186

Wait a second, going thru this thread I almost forgot it is only 2007.
  #40  
Old April 21, 2007, 01:29 AM
Ganguly da Ganguly da is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: March 17, 2007
Location: Austin,TX/ Kolkata,IND
Favorite Player: Sourav Ganguly
Posts: 1,068

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatekeeper
Wait a second, going thru this thread I almost forgot it is only 2007.

LOL.....


one thing i don't understand, is why fans always target, the next worldcup, what bout all the cups/series in between? if you can win majority of that, you have set yourself up for a good WC contest.... the target is to win all those championships in the middle.
  #41  
Old April 21, 2007, 04:07 AM
ammark's Avatar
ammark ammark is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 17, 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 6,070

...and its a bit too early to be thinking about 2015 now as well, y'know
  #42  
Old April 21, 2007, 04:29 AM
Protic's Avatar
Protic Protic is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 14, 2006
Location: BCB-office
Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees
Posts: 1,934

We might actually be the champs..CONSIDERING THE FACT.. Sub continents doesnt really produces bouncy pithces..and normal pitches..really suits us..eh?
__________________
Tip : Shahriar Nafees should start seeing every team as Australia and treat every bowler as Shane Warne - Myself.
Banglaforum.com!
  #43  
Old April 21, 2007, 11:09 AM
bharat bharat is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 25, 2005
Posts: 914

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
nice post bharat...

btw, how fast was kapil?
Kapil was not super express, but would it nicely with the present McGraths and Shaun Pollocks.His nagging line and length along with his lethal out swingers were his asset.

But most importantly he would lead the fast bowling along single handedly in a team donned by spinners ..see a similarity :-)

But one thing that amazes me is that Kapil (except for 1 test whihc he was rested) never missed a single Test due to injury.I think that was phenominal for a fast bowler
  #44  
Old April 21, 2007, 11:33 AM
mhj007's Avatar
mhj007 mhj007 is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 12, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 434

just as you expected india to win wc 2007.
Junior
__________________
cricket is a fight between bat and ball,any inequality between them will make the fight inappropiate.
  #45  
Old April 21, 2007, 05:58 PM
bengaltiger's Avatar
bengaltiger bengaltiger is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 14, 2006
Location: East Coast
Posts: 718

Quote:
But one thing that amazes me is that Kapil (except for 1 test whihc he was rested) never missed a single Test due to injury.I think that was phenominal for a fast bowler
that is quite impressive.
__________________
Bad deeds of 200 years (equivalent) are obliterated if a man recites 100 Durood on Friday. Hadith
  #46  
Old April 22, 2007, 12:11 AM
kalpurush's Avatar
kalpurush kalpurush is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 7, 2005
Location: Victoria: Heaven's Earth!
Posts: 16,981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganguly da
LOL.....


one thing i don't understand, is why fans always target, the next worldcup, what bout all the cups/series in between? if you can win majority of that, you have set yourself up for a good WC contest.... the target is to win all those championships in the middle.
G da...upni dadar motoi bolechen!...True.
__________________
> Start slow. Build a base. Then explode.
> I needed to perform so that I could give my countrymen an occasion to cherish and be proud of - Ice Man
> My photographs @ flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/obayedh/
  #47  
Old April 22, 2007, 12:19 AM
kalpurush's Avatar
kalpurush kalpurush is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 7, 2005
Location: Victoria: Heaven's Earth!
Posts: 16,981

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd_fan_from_india
another thing, i feel that if the 2015 wc had been held in the sub-continent, then bd would have had a better chance of winning that. bd is going to find it tougher in aussie conditions in 2015

...agree with you 100% about 2015. That's why we want to be champ in 2011!!!
__________________
> Start slow. Build a base. Then explode.
> I needed to perform so that I could give my countrymen an occasion to cherish and be proud of - Ice Man
> My photographs @ flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/obayedh/
  #48  
Old April 22, 2007, 12:22 AM
DJ Sahastra DJ Sahastra is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 20, 2004
Location: US
Posts: 2,847
Default It is a good target to set

As i had learnt in my college days, the only thing necessary to fulfil a dream is to have one.

So there is nothing wrong or strange or surprising if BD members are dreaming about BD team winning 2011 WC.

After all, Indian team in 1979 WC had only a win against East Africa and went on to win the 1983 WC.
__________________
Baba Tomar Bangladeshe Koto Kola Chao
Kola Bagan Chash Koira Kosto Koira Khao Baba Re
  #49  
Old April 22, 2007, 02:02 PM
rah's Avatar
rah rah is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 22, 2006
Location: north weasie;london
Posts: 802

you r jus a sad person cant we be positive and be hopeful
__________________
if your a man then admit it
bangladesh will win the 2011 worldcup
brap brap
  #50  
Old April 23, 2007, 02:04 PM
fai_hasan's Avatar
fai_hasan fai_hasan is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 21, 2006
Location: UK
Favorite Player: Master Blaster
Posts: 913

give your address or any data so that we can send you photo when we would win the world cup.
__________________
Jago Bangali Jago
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket