facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Closed Thread

Old April 20, 2007, 03:39 PM
Banned

Quote "then not only can they do that in 4 years time, they can do it more regularly and perhaps get to the same level as Australia."
HaHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAAHH: lol:
Old April 20, 2007, 04:11 PM
Banned

Any prize for guessing whose signature is this? O i c root cause of this thread ....hahahaha

Old April 20, 2007, 04:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

nice post bharat...

btw, how fast was kapil?
Old April 20, 2007, 04:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Only time can say it. But what the hell wrong in hopping for when we beated all the 4 semifinalists of WC07 on our day??
Old April 20, 2007, 05:42 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahadat, Zunaid

After the 2003 world cup, who would have thought Bangladesh will last almost a month longer than both India and Pakistan in their very nex WC campaign. Answer? ME and thousands of other fans...
EVERYTHING STARTS WITH A DREAM...and whenever there's a dream; there are people who DOUBT. but that's OK..because that makes the success even sweeter...LIKE RIGHT NOW! TIGERS ALL THE WAY!
Old April 20, 2007, 05:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahadat, Zunaid

BTW...nice post bharat...I was 6 months old when India won in 83 , but I think the Tigers look a lot like the Lankan team jsut before they won im 1996....everyones sees the potential...but it's not just coming together..but when it does...WATCH OUT! We already got a preview this time..didn't we?
Old April 20, 2007, 06:56 PM
BC T20 WC 2012 Fantasy League Winner

I thought we are going to be Champion in this WC07.
Old April 20, 2007, 10:21 PM
Cricket Legend

To Amit

You are jealous. It is as simple as that.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old April 20, 2007, 11:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakibul Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
To Amit

You are jealous. It is as simple as that.
Cmon guys...Not much wrong with what he said...Hes got a fair point. Just made a mistake generalising ALL BD fans. Thats about it. Cuz to be honest, we cant really expect to win the 2011 WC YET. Lets give it a year under another coachs tenure and see how it goes. Then we can make the predictions
Old April 20, 2007, 11:44 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: MS Dhoni(India)

i am not going to pull india into this, so keep this thread out of any india talk. i am only saying that bangladesh winning the 2011 wc will be one of the biggest cricketing upests of all time, bigger than india in 1983 and sl in 1996. bangladesh, needs to improve its batting considerably to be any of the favourites in the 2011 wc. as of now, bangladesh doesnt even have a single hitter and cannot chase scores in excess of 200 regularly, ireland and west indies matches showed that bd lacked big-hitters, someone who can take the game to the opposition. the closest bd has anyone to be called a big-hitter is bds strike bowler mortaza who bats at 8. none of ashraful, aftab, tamim r big-hitters.

when india won in 1983, we had 1-2 big-hitters and 1 pacer and when sri lanka won in 1996, they won bcoz of having 2 big-hitters at the top and 1 pacer. bangladesh, needs to find big-hitters and will need to score over 300+ consistently against top teams to have any hope of winning the world cup. as of now, bangladeshs highest score against a big team is only 265 and overall its 301. and only 5 times bd has made 250 or more against a big team in more than 5 years pulling off only 1 chase of 250 or more in this time. to be even dreaming of winning the world cup, bd needs to score 300+ and pull 250+ chases consistently.

but there is 1 thing, if bd dream of winning the 2011 wc, then they can atleast finish in the top 5.
Old April 21, 2007, 12:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Amit, I agree with what you're saying. It's unrealistic. But then again, you gotta understand that it's a forum full of crazy fans. And some crazy expectations isn't too hard to digest, is it?

To all members, please don't bring in India into this. Amit's signature should tell you the reason why he should be taken seriously here.
Old April 21, 2007, 12:14 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: MS Dhoni(India)

another thing, i feel that if the 2015 wc had been held in the sub-continent, then bd would have had a better chance of winning that. bd is going to find it tougher in aussie conditions in 2015
Old April 21, 2007, 12:20 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd_fan_from_india
i am not going to pull india into this, so keep this thread out of any india talk. i am only saying that bangladesh winning the 2011 wc will be one of the biggest cricketing upests of all time, bigger than india in 1983 and sl in 1996. bangladesh, needs to improve its batting considerably to be any of the favourites in the 2011 wc. as of now, bangladesh doesnt even have a single hitter and cannot chase scores in excess of 200 regularly, ireland and west indies matches showed that bd lacked big-hitters, someone who can take the game to the opposition. the closest bd has anyone to be called a big-hitter is bds strike bowler mortaza who bats at 8. none of ashraful, aftab, tamim r big-hitters.

when india won in 1983, we had 1-2 big-hitters and 1 pacer and when sri lanka won in 1996, they won bcoz of having 2 big-hitters at the top and 1 pacer. bangladesh, needs to find big-hitters and will need to score over 300+ consistently against top teams to have any hope of winning the world cup. as of now, bangladeshs highest score against a big team is only 265 and overall its 301. and only 5 times bd has made 250 or more against a big team in more than 5 years pulling off only 1 chase of 250 or more in this time. to be even dreaming of winning the world cup, bd needs to score 300+ and pull 250+ chases consistently.

but there is 1 thing, if bd dream of winning the 2011 wc, then they can atleast finish in the top 5.
This is not just overly patriotic jingoism. We can do it. Good new selectors, a better captain, a good new coach and play, play, play on a variety of wickets... we have a good chance of winning the next WC. All too often consistency bears the fruits of victory, and learning to be consistent, and learning fast is what we'll do. Test cricket will take more time as the new type of cricket culture begins to take root here. We've actually managed to put our country, much to the surprise and shock of many, back on the right path after years of masochism. We'll do the same for our cricket without waiting that long. Thanks for participating.

Last edited by Sohel; April 21, 2007 at 12:28 AM.. Reason: grammar
Old April 21, 2007, 12:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Wait a second, going thru this thread I almost forgot it is only 2007.
Old April 21, 2007, 01:29 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Sourav Ganguly

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatekeeper
Wait a second, going thru this thread I almost forgot it is only 2007.

LOL.....

one thing i don't understand, is why fans always target, the next worldcup, what bout all the cups/series in between? if you can win majority of that, you have set yourself up for a good WC contest.... the target is to win all those championships in the middle.
Old April 21, 2007, 04:07 AM

...and its a bit too early to be thinking about 2015 now as well, y'know
Old April 21, 2007, 04:29 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

We might actually be the champs..CONSIDERING THE FACT.. Sub continents doesnt really produces bouncy pithces..and normal pitches..really suits us..eh?
Old April 21, 2007, 11:09 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
nice post bharat...

btw, how fast was kapil?
Kapil was not super express, but would it nicely with the present McGraths and Shaun Pollocks.His nagging line and length along with his lethal out swingers were his asset.

But most importantly he would lead the fast bowling along single handedly in a team donned by spinners ..see a similarity :-)

But one thing that amazes me is that Kapil (except for 1 test whihc he was rested) never missed a single Test due to injury.I think that was phenominal for a fast bowler
Old April 21, 2007, 11:33 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

just as you expected india to win wc 2007.
Junior
Old April 21, 2007, 05:58 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
But one thing that amazes me is that Kapil (except for 1 test whihc he was rested) never missed a single Test due to injury.I think that was phenominal for a fast bowler
that is quite impressive.
Old April 22, 2007, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganguly da
LOL.....

one thing i don't understand, is why fans always target, the next worldcup, what bout all the cups/series in between? if you can win majority of that, you have set yourself up for a good WC contest.... the target is to win all those championships in the middle.
G da...upni dadar motoi bolechen!...True.
Old April 22, 2007, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd_fan_from_india
another thing, i feel that if the 2015 wc had been held in the sub-continent, then bd would have had a better chance of winning that. bd is going to find it tougher in aussie conditions in 2015

...agree with you 100% about 2015. That's why we want to be champ in 2011!!!
Old April 22, 2007, 12:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Default It is a good target to set

As i had learnt in my college days, the only thing necessary to fulfil a dream is to have one.

So there is nothing wrong or strange or surprising if BD members are dreaming about BD team winning 2011 WC.

After all, Indian team in 1979 WC had only a win against East Africa and went on to win the 1983 WC.
Old April 22, 2007, 02:02 PM
ODI Cricketer

you r jus a sad person cant we be positive and be hopeful
Old April 23, 2007, 02:04 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Master Blaster

give your address or any data so that we can send you photo when we would win the world cup.