facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 25, 2003, 08:09 AM
Retired BC Admin

Default Call Him Captain Inzamam

Inzamam-ul Haq has been appointed Pakistan captain for the home series against South Africa and New Zealand. The batsman succeeds Rashid Latif, who resigned on Wednesday.

Latif had just served a five-game ban for 'unfair play' after he wrongly claimed a catch the third Test against Bangladesh last month.

"I am delighted that the establishment has put faith in my abilities," said Inzamam.

"I will put in my best and will try to carry on the good work done by Rashid Latif."

Inzamam had been acting as skipper during Latif's enforced absence, enjoying a 5-0 success in the one-day international series against Bangladesh.

Inzamam has only just returned to the international fold after being dropped for a dismal showing in the World Cup, in which he scored just 19 runs in six innings.

But he was recalled against Bangladesh and his batting prowess was very much in evidence.

Latif decided to step down a day after being warned by the PCB to act more responsibly if he wanted retain the position.

But the wicket-keeper made it known he would like to continue playing for Pakistan.

Source
Old September 25, 2003, 08:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Sorry, I did'nt know they got BBC in China before the states. I tried to open a new topic but Chinaman got there first. Sigh, we will never be able to compete with them.
Well, I think it is only beginning of their captaincy plight. Inzi is in my opinion not captain material and Youhana would have been a sober choice. There was talk also of getting Akram back in.
What happened to those great Pakistani captains who could command such a good grasp of the english language, eg Imran
Old September 25, 2003, 08:33 AM
Retired BC Admin

Not all chinaman are from china. Cheers.
Old September 26, 2003, 08:52 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

I just never thought of inzy as captaincy material...a great batsman...a gfited-one really..but not charismatic enough for a captain...he is at best a stop gap solution. How about Mohammad Sami. Pakistan has had some great success with fast-bowlers as their captains. Imran Khan is in my opinion, Pakistan's finest captain ever, a great leader of men, given the pakistani's team's notorious reputation for discord and disagreement over the years.