facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 21, 2007, 02:25 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: khaleda zia
Default First test after a looong time

Hello to all of bangla cricket members!! i have been part of this forum for some time now, but have only recently started viewing and posting on a regular basis. i just want to say that this seems to be a great place for all of bangla cricket...whoever owns it should be proud!
Anyway, the reason why i opened this thread was to place my opinion on the team selection for the 1st test. for the first time in a long time we have seen bangladesh play a test, and i think that the selectors have got it wrong. after going through all the posts, i just couldn't stop laughing my head of about the comments made about hablu...my bad, i mean habibul bashar! lol
He needs to be replaced, no doubt about it. he is well past his 'use by date', let alone his 'sell by date'.
Secondly, a quick word on shariar nafees. i still strongly feel that he is one of our better batsmen. have any of you stopped to think exactly why his conversion rate is relatively good? (when he makes fifty, he sometimes goes on to make it a biggie). its simple, he is great player of spin and is very good against the older ball. so why not bring him one down, batting at number 3.
As much as i would hate to say it, i think that we have to continue to stick with golla as our opening option. so if nafees takes hablu's position, then it leaves an opening slot. this should be filled by either mehrab or tamim (but not too sure about tamims ability to change his mentality into test mode).
Finaly, sakibs inclusion in the test team has added yet another SLA in our bowling attack. enamul haq is not yet a great bowler, and hasn't been doing too well recently, and mehrab inclusion may mean we are playing with 4 SLAs! also, i think we baadly need a third pacer, as the burden on mashrafe and rajib is too much alone. soo, replacing enamul haq with either rasel or reza is something the selectors should look at. Although reza would improve our batting, i'm not yet too sure about his bowling, so just maybe rasel would be the better option.
Finaly, the last change and one i said before this match had even started. Mushfiq needs to replace pilot. Pilot, like bashar, has also lost it. he made 2 runs of 20 balls, in the space in which he could have been out 3 times!
Soo, this is what i think the lineup should be, maybe for when sri lanka come:
Golla
Mehrab/Tamim
Nafees
Rajin
Ash
Sakib
Rahim
Mashrafe
Rafique
Rajib
Rasel/Reza (if reza then bring him up the order)
Now this would be a good team!!
Meanwhile, i feel happy to finally open a thread in bangla cricket for some time now...it feels good to be back!
Good luck tigers for tomorow!!!!
Old May 21, 2007, 02:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

umm....broo...we hav like gizilllions of threads abt the test team selection...soo my advice to you is...next time before opening up a thread look around..n then open itt....
Old May 21, 2007, 02:32 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
umm....broo...we hav like gizilllions of threads abt the test team selection...soo my advice to you is...next time before opening up a thread look around..n then open itt....
yeh im sory..just wanted my views to be loud and clear thats all. dont mind if mods decide to merge it tho
Old May 21, 2007, 02:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

All I have to say is SL comes to BD in December of 2008. I don't want the senior players hanging around that long for sure. Rafiq may be for Test only.
Old May 21, 2007, 02:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

too cute...
Old May 21, 2007, 04:06 PM
Test Cricketer

i dnt noe why mst members like to open team selection related threads.we can never get a team which we all went everytime.Bashr wont go.so no use talking about him as well.
Old May 21, 2007, 05:16 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner
i dnt noe why mst members like to open team selection related threads.we can never get a team which we all went everytime.Bashr wont go.so no use talking about him as well.
bashar WILL go next series i think. any idiot can see that he can no longer perform, and i think when bd's new coach comes in, he wil have an affect on the selectors to drop bashar. buut in the meantime, the only thing we can do now is pray...
Old May 21, 2007, 05:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by truetruetiger
buut in the meantime, the only thing we can do now is pray...
Which one? Any specific doya in mind?