facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 20, 2007, 04:24 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default BCCI must watch its tongue

Firstly, I would like to state to our forum members that the intention of this thread isn’t to attack anyone personally nor is it to bash our neighboring country as a nation. It’s about their cricketing organization. According to CricInfo, BCCI secretary, while in BD, has stated, "We want to help them. That's the reason we have agreed to play the tri-series.” Had the same statement been made a few years ago regardless of the sincerity, I would have no problem with it since BD cricket could have used any help during its infant stage in the international cricket. Now that we have managed to come through much of the dark side of the tunnel without any help from our neighbor, and we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, any of such statement is of pure silly arrogance or rubbish show off.

Let’s examine BCCI’s intention for its sincerity. If BCCI really wanted to help us, couldn’t it afford to host us even just once in the last seven years during the period in which we have hosted them three times? Would it still lobby and insist upon ICC to make BD a second tier Test side? Why did it scrap the tri-nation series involving BD, India and SA? I can go on and on. Now that BCCI is thinking about hosting us, it’s not because BCCI wants to help us, but everyone knows that it’s because we are now marketable since BD defeated India in the WC. Agreeing to play the tri-series in BD is surely for the same reason. So any suggestion that the BCCI is trying to help us doesn't cut it. Even if the BCCI is to host us three times in next seven years, it won't be because BCCI wants to help us. It's our right as a Test nation to be hosted by other Test playing nations. There's an ICC mandate. No need to confuse the world with such statement. We are now marketable because we wanted to be, and because we have improved as an international side. We have improved because we have better helping hands. BCB is smart enough to get assistance from Cricket Australia. We have bought a better package from the Aussies. But do you hear the Aussies are screaming to the world of their assistance? We know where to go for help when we need. I am not sure as to what message BCB has given to BCCI, but as a BD fan, we don’t ask for help from any bully. With the current performance of the Indian team, it's obvious that it's the BCCI which needs help, and it probably will be appropriate for BCCI to focus on its on cricketing issues. But bullying anyone or trying to put someone down won't help them.

A few years from now if your own problems aren't still fixed, may be our Mashrafe, Rafique or another BD player will be able to help a little and give a lesson or two to your players. Even your own media have spotted the maturity of our cricketing organization and cricket infrastructure. With our quick progress, we may even offer some help soon. If not anything else, we can promise to help you make some extra cash when we tour you if and when we do. We may be a humble nation and forgive others very easily, but don’t push your luck. Otherwise you may risk those opportunities because even the humble can tolerate only so much.

Last edited by sharifk; May 22, 2007 at 03:59 PM..
Old May 20, 2007, 04:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

and if they DON'T watch their tongue... who's gonna cut it off? you?

dude, the best place to deal with BCCI now and in the future is the cricket ground...
Old May 20, 2007, 04:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharifk
We may be a humble nation and forgive others very easily, but don’t push your luck. Otherwise you may risk those opportunities because even the humble can tolerate only so much.
Lol man...seriously LOLLLLL........even the ICC can't do anything to the monster that is BCCI, what is the so called 'humble' nation's BCB going to do ?? ...so []!

Last edited by Zobair; May 20, 2007 at 05:01 PM.. Reason: I am sure it was meant in good spirit...but we can't see your face. So pls. take extra care with words!
Old May 20, 2007, 04:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by zohra
Lol man...seriously LOLLLLL........even the ICC can't do anything to the monster that is BCCI, what is the so called 'humble' nation's BCB going to do ?? ...so [..edit..].
Your screen name sounds female giving the impression you are one but your language is anything but feminine. We do not need to do anything about BCCI, BCB just needs to make sure BD cricket is not looked down upon by anyone no matter how powerful that board is. At the end of the day India has one vote in ICC and so does Bangladesh. With the kind of craze that is catching up in Bangladesh cricket India will not be the only revenue churning nation for ICC in the near future. Wait and watch as the "drama" unfolds.

Last edited by Ahmed_B; May 21, 2007 at 12:47 AM.. Reason: Mod.content: Quote edited.
Old May 20, 2007, 04:57 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
and if they DON'T watch their tongue... who's gonna cut it off? you?

dude, the best place to deal with BCCI now and in the future is the cricket ground...
it seems you have answered your own question..
Old May 20, 2007, 05:00 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zohra
Lol man...seriously LOLLLLL........even the ICC can't do anything to the monster that is BCCI, what is the so called 'humble' nation's BCB going to do ?? ...so [edit].
i like layperson's reply...thanks layperson.

also we can do plenty...let's say once we become a top side and after beating india we refuse to play them....think of what would have happened if we had refused to play them after their WC loss...

Last edited by Ahmed_B; May 21, 2007 at 12:48 AM.. Reason: Mod.content: Quote edited.
Old May 20, 2007, 05:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Let them say whatever they want to, remember;

"Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Besides, best way to deal with this is to play the game of cricket well and beat powerhouses consistantly.
Old May 20, 2007, 05:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

hey as long as we get our due (which we haven't thus far) i don't care about BCCI's intentions...its true BCCI is not a charity orginzation but at teh same time it shouldn't work to undermind BD cricket.

so lets praise BCCI for accepting this tri series and saying they will host us. we should be touring in the next 12 months is my guess.
Old May 20, 2007, 05:50 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

My take is this...BCCI is a very unprofessional organization and inefficient! These comments are a reflection of that. These BCCI folks are an insult to Indian cricket fans. BCCI with the kind of financial clout that it has (thanks to their fans) could have achieved much more both in India and for the wider cricket world.

BCB is no Cricket Australia or ECB but I must say that since WC 2003 BCB has taken a number of very far-sighted and productive steps and is probably one of the more professional bodies in Bangladesh.

Last edited by Zobair; May 20, 2007 at 07:05 PM..
Old May 20, 2007, 05:55 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

The thread title is misleading.

Every organization has their own policy and own way of thinking.

Our world cup success forced them to change their policy and if we continue our progress in world cricket, more changes will come.

There is no need to be impatient, I don't see merits to get very excited about BCCi comments.

They on principle agreed to host us, and also agreed to take part in a tri-series. This is a major shuffle from their original stand.

These are positive news for Bangladesh cricket. Think it in this way. There is no need to jump up and down to everything that BCCi or team India manager/player says.

We must do our work properly, the rest will change in due time.

Last edited by Miraz; May 20, 2007 at 06:03 PM..
Old May 20, 2007, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz

We must do our work properly, the rest will change in due time.
The only thing I could do is....hope for more "Hope!"
Old May 20, 2007, 06:08 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Sourav Ganguly

"A few years from now if your own internal problems havn't been fixed, may be our Mashrafe, Rafique or another BD player can help a little and give a lesson or two to your players."

^^^^ that is one of the most ignorant and childish remark i have seen so far.
Old May 20, 2007, 07:32 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by layperson
...We do not need to do anything about BCCI, BCB just needs to make sure BD cricket is not looked down upon by anyone no matter how powerful that board is. At the end of the day India has one vote in ICC and so does Bangladesh. With the kind of craze that is catching up in Bangladesh cricket India will not be the only revenue churning nation for ICC in the near future...
well put bro, i hope you're right about the revenue part...
Old May 20, 2007, 08:10 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
They on principle agreed to host us, and also agreed to take part in a tri-series. This is a major shuffle from their original stand.
We all know what the ICC mandates to its members. So no need to depend on someone's mercy... It's our right...
Old May 21, 2007, 02:01 AM
First Class Cricketer

nice comic thread....
Old May 21, 2007, 02:30 AM
Test Cricketer

I am surprised with this thread. BD did a good job in the world cup and has shown a lot of promise. This is BD's first step into the big world. If you think you dont need help from other major cricketing teams, you are wrong. Kenya also made it big in the 2003 world cup and then got no help from any boards or ICC and you can see where their cricket is now.

You are a test playing team and you havent yet established yourself as a very strong team yet. The only thing to your credit is the performance is the world cup and thats the foundation that you have to stand on. Now is the time when you will exhort other teams not to look at you as the underdogs- by consistently performing well. Its testing time and you sure need help from other boards (specifically Asian) to make it big.
Old May 21, 2007, 07:39 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: SACHIN TENDULKAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharifk
Firstly, I would like to state to our forum members that the intention of this thread isn’t to attack anyone personally nor is it to bash our neighboring country as a nation. It’s about their cricketing organization. According to CricInfo, BCCI secretary, while in BD, has stated, "We want to help them. That's the reason we have agreed to play the tri-series.” Had the same statement been made a few years ago regardless of the sincerity, I would have no problem with it since BD cricket could have used any help during its infant stage in the international cricket. Now that we have managed to come through much of the dark side of the tunnel without any help from our neighbor, and we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, any of such statement is of pure silly arrogance or rubbish show off.

Let’s analyze BCCI’s intention for its sincerity. If BCCI really wanted to help us, couldn’t it afford to host us even just once in the last seven years during the period in which we have hosted them three times? Would it still lobby and insist upon ICC to make BD a second tier Test side? Why did it scrap the tri-nation series involving BD, India and SA? I can go on and on. Now that BCCI is thinking about hosting us, it’s not because BCCI wants to help us, but everyone knows that it’s because we are now marketable since BD defeated India in the WC. Agreeing to play the tri-series in BD is surely for the same reason. So any suggestion that the BCCI is trying to help us doesn't cut it. Even if the BCCI is to host us three times in next seven years, it won't be because BCCI wants to help us. It's our right as a Test nation to be hosted by other Test playing nations. There's an ICC mandate. No need to confuse the world with such statement. We are now marketable because we wanted to be, and because we have improved as an international side. We have improved because we have better helping hands. BCB is smart enough to get assistance from Cricket Australia. We have bought a better package from the Aussies. But do you hear the Aussies are screaming to the world of their assistance? We know where to go for help when we need. I am not sure as to what message BCB has given to BCCI, but as a BD fan, we don’t ask for help from any bully. With the current performance of the Indian team, it's obvious that it's the BCCI which needs help, and it probably will be appropriate for BCCI to focus on its on cricketing issues. But bullying anyone or trying to put someone down won't help them.

A few years from now if your own problems aren't still fixed, may be our Mashrafe, Rafique or another BD player will be able to help a little and give a lesson or two to your players. Even your own media have spotted the maturity of our cricketing organization and cricket infrastructure. With our quick progress, we may even offer some help soon. If not anything else, we can promise to help you make some extra cash when we tour you if and when we do. We may be a humble nation and forgive others very easily, but don’t push your luck. Otherwise you may risk those opportunities because even the humble can tolerate only so much.
Bcci as a Indian fan is reason of all our trouble.I wish BCB fix them as they look out of control of even ICC. BCCI keeps giving itself credit in INDIA to be best run sports board .Board which sell its broad cast rights to private channels at higher prices and odinary indian fans are not able to watch these cricket matches.BCCi is reason of so much disaapointment that indian fan suffers they are just a profit making organisation with no results.Perhaps the only company in world to make profits after performing so inefficiently and the most poor product in world Indian cricket Team . BCCI
if disrespected will get blessing from Indian fans
Old May 21, 2007, 07:58 AM
Test Cricketer

The BCCI have given Cricket Australia the stiff-arm treatment twice in the last year. They removed Australia from an upcoming one-day series without even bothering to let them know, and they've forced them to reschedule their summer's cricket so that it starts two months later than usual.

No one's going to be able to stand up to an organisation that generates 60% of cricket's global profit and has the governing body in its back pocket.

Last edited by Aritro; May 21, 2007 at 09:14 AM..
Old May 21, 2007, 08:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aritro
The BCCI have given Cricket Australia the stiff-arm treatment twice in the last year. They removed Australia from an upcoming one-day series without even bothering to let them know, and they've forced them to reschedule their summer's cricket to start two months later than usual.

No one's going to be able to stand up to an organisation that generates 60% of cricket's global profit and has the governing body in its back pocket.
the awful truth!!!
Old May 21, 2007, 08:20 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Well...either you take it or dont.
Right now, there is no other way.
They are the 800 pound gorilla that runs the cricketing word (quoting from CricInfo.)

They are like USA of cricket.
U just have to live with it.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old May 22, 2007, 12:20 PM
Banned

Cricket is not that popular in the world.

It's popularity is limited to a small geographic area, but add India to the equation and you have a country which contains almost 1/4 of all humanity involved in this game.

The Indian economy is developing and with economic development and the increase in disposable income amongst the middle-classes comes an increase in interest in sport and thus a desire to see more sporting success. The same phenomenon is already starting to happen in BD and I myself find some of the younger BD fans on here have a bit of an over-inflated view of our cricket team. Yes, they are good, but they are not a superpower and overall the Indian team is stronger as performances have shown.

As for the arrogant behaviour of the BCCI as others have shown with the example of Australia it is not a phenomenon exclusively restricted to BD. However overall with our improvement in our performances we are earning more respect as we deserve to. In the future it is possible that BD-India matches will have almost the same level of intensity and competition and perhaps even who knows hostility (not that is something I would encourage) as Pak-India matches do. Already when Ravi came to BD this time, I distinctly remember his tone and his determination and the way he said that India intended to play "hard" cricket, with a very strong emphasis on "hard".

With every defeat/win on each side, the taunting will take place thus a desire to exact revenge from either of the two sides. However we should not politicize the issue and make it one about politics/religion/culture etc, but merely a game between two national cricket teams.
Old May 22, 2007, 03:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenAsif
Cricket is not that popular in the world.

It's popularity is limited to a small geographic area, but add India to the equation and you have a country which contains almost 1/4 of all humanity involved in this game.
Actually almost 1/6 not a quarter.

Also cricket is the most popular bat and ball sport, and its growth is rapid.
Old May 23, 2007, 12:36 AM
Cricket Legend

BCCI will sell our players to exhaustion whenever they will get the chance,they did it to the pakistanis. We should not play too many matches a year.