facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 21, 2007, 04:25 AM
Retired BC Admin

Default Retiring from Banglacricket

After some soul searching, I decided to retire from Banglacricket. The decision was neither easy nor without pain. However I believe the time and decision are just perfect for me. I'll however stay as a member and will visit and post from time to time.

I already requested the owners and admins of Banglacricket to de-admin, de-mod and de-staff me at their earliest convenience.

I like to take this opportunity to thank all the members for years of unconditional guidance, help and support. I'd also like to express my gratitude by naming, apart from the mods and admins, a few of those who actually made me the 'chinaman':

Rafiq, fwullah, Fazal, Billah, Pundit, Sauron, Orpheus, PoorFan, sports_fan_bd, SS, AsifTheManRahman, ZunaidH, Rubu, Piranha, al-Furqan, Miraz, Kabir, Hatebreed, Navarene, Sorry, crickwizard, SMHasan, Babubangla, Spitfire_x86, Sam, Cricket46, shaad, shovon13, Shafin, Tigers_eye, Mon, mona, Shehwar, allrounder, rassel, ialbd, bangladeshlive, Beamer, Tokai, Dhakablues, cricket_pagol, cricman, DJ Sahastra, betaar, sar2005, BushidoTiger, cluster11, DOORBIN, Mridul, paco, Zephaniah, James90, omio, Special 1, Sydney, TheWatcher, dorbesh, sunniath, gatekeeper, IanW, DotBall, fab, Faisal, Flipper, nihi, Fortuner, samircreep, gravitY, guy_zin, Hasib, Kana-Baba, howzatt!, imran78, LateCut , sovik, little_master, Imtiaz, Imtiaz82, israr, istiak, jabbar, kaisermatin, Shafi, Kalbaisakhi, layperson, nasifkhan, kalpurush, kkakash, Locutus, Optimist, Mahir, shaheen, shahid, Mav, mhferdaus, Mr-khan, rudro, Mueid, Sumon77, pagol-chagol, muradnyc, shujan, mwrkhan, mzia, Shubho, niloy, Nafis_BD, pilot fan, Nocturnal, sunny747, nsd3, rana, reyme, rio, roi, syedmahm, roaring tigerz, samiur666, rockpundit, Rubayed, sabbir ahmad, Zakirc, sadhat, TAIF, yaseer, Xavier, thebest, sadi, Warlock, tutul, safaat, zahid, say, sensible, ZaKi, Zia and many many more some of whom don't post as frequently as they once used to. I feel like I know all of you personally for ages.

Over the years as a mod, I might have caused you pain. Please do accept my sincere appologies, I never meant any harm to anyone, it was just a part of sincere duties vested upon me. I always tried my best to make banglacricket a better and richer place for all of us to hang out and have fun. It has been quite a ride for me personally.

There were ups and there were downs. But you guys were there for me, always. When I needed your help, a small PM was more than enough - how could I ever forget that? I wish you all and banglacricket the very best. Thank you very very much.

By now I think you have earned the right to know the man behind the nick. Well, here is your chinaman, you can now fancy your chances to take on him for all those warnings and editings

Old May 21, 2007, 04:28 AM
BC Editorial Team

Damn, I didn't make the rogues list!!! Must not have been as much of a bada$$ I thought I was. At anyrate, CM bhai, it was fun while it lasted ...
Old May 21, 2007, 04:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

CM bhai, we really don't wanna loose you. Isn't it possible to reconsider your decision please?
Old May 21, 2007, 04:35 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

CM bhai- all the best wishes for you. Like to see your post as a member for sure.
Old May 21, 2007, 04:41 AM
Cricket Legend

What ma'n? Are there some new assingments in the pipe-line?
Anyway, thanks for everything and Good luck and hope to see you aroun bc (probably with a new nick?).
Old May 21, 2007, 05:02 AM

On this sad day, you just made it more deep for all of us. If anyone had to retire from Banglacricket … it should be Sir Bashar and his buddies ( Golla, Pilot ), not you CM!

Or I wish you take the job of greater responsibility for our country … something like building our country.

Hope your decision take you to farther success in life. Lot of thanks for your long service to Banglacricket and endless effort to keep it clean and enjoyable.
Old May 21, 2007, 05:38 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Ash, Mash

Goodbye and goodluck
Old May 21, 2007, 05:46 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

Goodbye and Goodluck to you...
Old May 21, 2007, 06:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

I request the mods to make this thread sticky for a while. Thanks.
\"In this game, there is no pretending, no mercy, no second chance....in the middle of this huge arena he is on trial, one against eleven, with no one to protect him.....cricket is not a game, it is the truth of life\"
-- J.M.Coetzee, In Boyhood: Scenes from a Provincial Life
Old May 21, 2007, 06:41 AM
First Class Cricketer

Hi CM, could please tell more about you. Your picture is not enough to know about you. Good luck.
Old May 21, 2007, 07:11 AM

This has come as a surprise. Good luck and best wishes in your retirement chinaman, it has been a pleasure being under your stewardship over the past two years I've been a member. 3 cheers for thee
Old May 21, 2007, 07:14 AM
First Class Cricketer

Thanks a lot for your contribution to Bangla cricket.....by the way by seeing your pic you make me remember my school Principal...who was also very strict like u....newayz Best of luck
Old May 21, 2007, 07:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Very Sad. But some one has to pick up where you left. Alarmingly, more and more regulars are falling off because of a general change in members attitude, presentation, perhaps accentuated by a mix of new ones.
Old May 21, 2007, 07:37 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

I hope we will miss you only from the Admin position, your continuous contribution for BanglaCricket will be unaffected.

It was very nice working with you, I always felt like someone is there to share thoughts, and to ask for support (if required).

I will always remember your efforts for my articles, columns and the gracious introductions after publishing. And definitely your never ending inspirations (I hope it will continue).

You were there like an elder brother, hopefully the relationship will remain same even after your retirement from Admin position.

You have given tremendous effort to make BC better, I know you have taken your decision after quite a bit of thinking.

Have a nice time as a member of this wonderful site.
Old May 21, 2007, 07:52 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Surprised, shocked and saddend.

Chinaman Bhai, it was a pleasure to be guided under your supervision in BanglaCricket over the past two years.
Your presence as a mod was ever felt and would always be missed.
Your help when needed is also highly appreciated.
Hope u keep on posting from time to time.

Surely parting from BC was a long thought process for you and respectfully, i would like to wish you all the best and good luck.

Now..a new problem..who's gonna punish these unruly newbies ?
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old May 21, 2007, 08:16 AM
Street Cricketer

Default say wha

happy retirement dula bai,
just wandering are u taking up the coaching job for bangladesh team. well if u do. get rid of hablu and bring back alok. we shall catch up and discuss this retiring business in our next fact finding mission.
Old May 21, 2007, 08:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

This thread caught my eye and now i am saddened. Never could imagine what BC would be like without Chinaman. I hope you enjoy your time off from Banglacricket and thanks for all the hard work you've put in being the Head Moderator. I truly wish that you reconsider and pull off a Habibul Bashar and un-retire.

I said it once and i'll say it Again Thank you Chinaman Bhai.
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old May 21, 2007, 08:53 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Not the new version:
Kabhi al vida naa kah'na, chaltey chaltey...

All the great great ones retired or thought about retiring three times before they actually did. Ali, MJ, Magic. Reconsider it for one last time?

Or is it the CRICKET GURU calling???

Wish you all the best.
Old May 21, 2007, 09:15 AM
Cricket Legend

BC will be losing a good man. While I can imagine that this decision was not easy for you to make, I am pretty sure that it is a load off of your mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaman
I already requested the owners and admins of Banglacricket to de-admin, de-mod and de-staff me at their earliest convenience.
Cool! Looking forward to butting heads with a de-mod'ified chinaman Get ready dude.
Old May 21, 2007, 09:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Retirement from BC Forum!!
Are you becoming the next Coach of BD Team?

Thank You for your time in the forum.
As a tribute to Chinaman's contribution to BC forum, we should rename the Chief Moderator position to "The Chinaman Moderator".

Last edited by babubangla; May 21, 2007 at 10:02 AM..
Old May 21, 2007, 09:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: BD Team Players

Thanks alot for your contribution to BC and Good Luck to you!!!!

You Will Be Missed!!!!!
Old May 21, 2007, 09:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Its really time to enjy. more freedom as chinamen;s gone..ahahaa
Old May 21, 2007, 09:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: BD Team Players

Who is going to be the next Chinaman???
Old May 21, 2007, 09:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Chinaman bhai: As a colleague, and as a fellow member...it was simply great working with you. Your contribution to BanglaCricket can't be matched by any of us. And you have made those great impacts on BanglaCricket by making it an enjoyable environment for all of us. Hope BanglaCricket remains the way you're leaving it.

Good to see your picture...now I know that wasn't you in the video
Just joking

Anyway. Do visit BanglaCricket from time to time. It's an order...from your brothers and sisters
By now we have that right, don't we?

Whatever you do after this, and however you do it...just be safe, and take care of yourself. If there's any way we, the members, individually or collectively, can do anything for you, I'm sure you wouldn't hesitate to ask, right?

I won't say goodbye. I expect you to be here. Will just say, Happy Retirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babubangla
As a tribute to Chinaman's contribution to BC forum, we should remane the Chief Moderator position to "The Chinaman Moderator".
I second this idea.
Old May 21, 2007, 10:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Chinaman and I joined the the forum at around the same time so I remember him as one the earliest people that I have met here in BanglaCricket.... in the pas few years in his position BC he has made a significant contribution to this forum. Hope you have a happy retirement and it is good that you will still be around.