facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 23, 2007, 08:11 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default The Batting Order For BD ODI Team

For some reason we always have a strange batting order for our ODI team. What frustrates me the most is the batting order for Aftab Ahmed. In no way he is an ideal battsman for no 3 postion. He is known to be not good with swing balling and our team is not in a postion where we would score over 300 runs on a regular basis starting just from now (by that i mean we are focusing too much on taking advantage of the power play without any consideration for building the innings and without any consideration for focusing on players ability). The main key here is to allow the players to gain the confidence by letting them have some runs in international teams. They have to learn to how to build the innings by singles not by some extravagant shots. May be after one/two yrs of practicing this way we would become a team which can score 300+ on a regular basis.

Another thing that frustrates me is the batting order for Md. Ashraful. In what cricket book no 5/6 is the right postion for him to bat? He is too good a player for no 5/6 postion and by forcing him on that position we are curtailing his ability to play long big innings. And if we really want to take advantage of the power play he is the ideal choice not Aftab.

Provided that Ha Ba is not on the team here is my preferred batting order.

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Shariar Nafis
3. Md. Ashraful
4. Saqibul Hasan
5. Aftab Ahmed
6. Forhad Reza/Nadif Chowdhury/who ever fits in the squad
7. Mushfiqur Rahim
8. Mashrafee Mortaza
9. Md. Rafiq
10. Shahadat Hossain
11. Abdur Razzak

Depending on situations mushfiq and aftab may swap places...

Another couple of points i would like to mention. Both Tamim and Saqib seems to lack in feet movement. The future coaches of BD should concentrate on that. And we should also have a good considertion for focusing on having a proper game plan by analyzing the opponent batsmen's/bowlers' weaknesses.
Old May 23, 2007, 09:55 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

whats about Rasel , one of the best performers in ODI's. Drop Nafees---- Sakib can open.
Mashrafee needs to promote to bat at # 6. So my ODI as follows:
1. Tamim
2. Sakib
3. Ashraful
4. Aftab
5. Farhad
6. Mashrafee
7. Mushfique
8. Rafique
9. Shahadat
10.Razzak
11. Rasel
Old May 23, 2007, 10:12 PM
First Class Cricketer

First SN is undoubtedly the most consistent (until WC) player. I have a firm conviction that he is gonna come back soon and showing some sign.... and Saqib is weak against genuin pace and swing bowling. So that rules out saqib as an opener. Also the fact that saqib has a slow feet movement makes him weak against pace bowling.

Rasel is a good performer but he lacks aggression. Shahadat can improve over time.
Old May 23, 2007, 10:30 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

Im very much into the test matches to think about ODI team for now :p
Old May 24, 2007, 01:22 AM
Cricket Legend

I thought there's a test match going on now....

- Benjamin Franklin
Old May 24, 2007, 02:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Mashrafe & Shakib!
Default .....

Tamim Iqbal
Shahriar Nafees
Aftab Ahmed
Saquib Al Hasan
Mohammad Ashraful
Mashrafe Mortaza
Mushfiqur Rahim
Mohammad Rafique
Shadat Hossain
Abdur Razzak
Syed Rasel

A mix of agression with players who can hang on for quite some time helping to build the inngins.

My justification:

Tamim Iqbal - He is maturing everyday and is hangin around longer than before. His hit will uo the runrate from the start build a solid platform to launch from.
Shahriar Nafees - Will be the builder around whom the latter batsmen should work around and shall he fail Saquib can play his role while Aftab Does the hitting.
Aftab Ahmed - Hit and bring up as much runs as possible and if the situation does not look so good then hang around a while.
Saquib Al Hasan - Play a consolidating inning like Nafees. He has the ability to do so.
Mohammad Ashraful - Play the role agression mixed with elegance and stability. Be a bit of both Tamim and Nafees actually.
Mashrafe Mortaza - We know what he can do, we'll just let him do what he does best !
Mushfiqur Rahim - Play as Mortaza's cameo. We know he can hit if he wants to and also play long innings. The tamer of the two.
Mohammad Rafique - Hit as much as he can and get the runs!
Shadat Hossain - If he can repeat what he did against India the other day, he can be a pretty handy batsmen to accompany the lower-order more able batsmen !
Syed Rasel - I consider Syed Rasel amuch better batsman that Abdur Razzak. Just hit the occasional 4s and 6s if possible but just get the runs and support the batsman at the other end.
Abdur Razzak - Score as many runs as possible in whichever way possible and hang on till the end for the more able partner to score and rotate the strike well.

And the lineup mentioned here is pretty good at rotating the strike. It has been Bashar all the time causing those messy run outs recently!