facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old May 25, 2007, 01:18 PM
RBTiger's Avatar
RBTiger RBTiger is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 30, 2005
Posts: 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangla_usa
Why are you twisting my point here, bro? I said, he didn't do his job voluntarily, we paid him enuff more than the standard of our country to do his job. So, there is no point to do 'godogodo' to him like you are doing right now. We have already said enuff thank you to him and he is leaving the country at his own will..not like we fired him or did anything bad to him..
...................
...................
All I am saying is that there's nothing wrong with saying "thank you" for a job well done, even if you paid someone to do it. It is, in fact, expected. The fact that you paid someone for doing a job does not mean that you cannot or should not thank him for this. It is in poor taste to think that we own someone (and no need to show any appreciation) just because they are working for us.
Think about our government and how things are run in the country. Directly or indirectly, we are paying them to do a job. How well do you think they are doing?
You talked about per capita income in BD or India. Why? Because it helps make your argument stronger (you think)? Should he be ashamed to take the money since the country is poor? Try making this argument with your american friend. Try to convince him to ask for less money in his job since their are so many homeless people in america. Or, on an impersonal note, just casually suggest that usa should distribute all its wealth to the poor countries of the world. You know as well as I do, there is nothing wrong with accepting money for providing a service. How much is too much, of course, is subject to interpretation.
In the end, it is all business. The sooner we learn it the better it is for us, the team and the country. We talk about professionalism and being a professional cricketer all the time. Isn't the very meaning of the word is to put your emotions out of it and do your job in a business like way (and earn a living by doing it well)? Or, should we start preaching emotionalism now??
__________________
Break on Through...... to the other side!

Go TIGERS!!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old May 25, 2007, 01:27 PM
RBTiger's Avatar
RBTiger RBTiger is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 30, 2005
Posts: 93

I guess I got a little carried away too. Sorry, I didn't mean to launch a personal attack on you. The thing is, we all work for a living. Doesn't matter if it's a $5.75 an hour job or a $100k+ a year job, we all expect that our work will be appreciated. In the end, people get what they deserve or make others believe what they are worth. There's nothing wrong with trying to earn as much as you can. It's all for a good cause - your family, your kids and yourself.
__________________
Break on Through...... to the other side!

Go TIGERS!!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old May 25, 2007, 01:54 PM
Protic's Avatar
Protic Protic is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 14, 2006
Location: BCB-office
Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees
Posts: 1,934

Let it stay.. many of us still wanna thank him unlike some =p ungrateful peeps.
:] Atleast for a month.
__________________
Tip : Shahriar Nafees should start seeing every team as Australia and treat every bowler as Shane Warne - Myself.
Banglaforum.com!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old May 25, 2007, 01:56 PM
israr's Avatar
israr israr is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 24, 2005
Location: In the deserts of arabia
Favorite Player: They betrayed us
Posts: 1,408

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangla_usa
I carried the BD flag, when people felt shame to hoist on, I had beaten the fans in BD who supported PAK when BD-PAK played (yeah, I still feel I did the right thing cause that was an insult to my country), I argued with shameless girls who dont understand cricket but their favorite players are good-looking PAK cricketers..I have been with Bangladesh no matter it is a huge defeat or marginal win
I salute you bro. That's what I label as a true patriot.
Seriously, it still disappoints me so much when some Bangladeshi themselves rate those 'so-called celebrated' indian cricket stars more invaluable than our players. I infer they never realized the laurels our cricketers had bought for us in the World cup.

Now, coming back to the main subject, it's critical that we think from all the dimensions to reach a certain conclusion, and I have noticed, Dave's attitude towards us of late have changed ever since he was avouched that he's going to be employed by bcci. It was shocking to listen from a person saying that he was satisfied with his team settling for a draw in the 1st test, who before, always stressed for a win, even in the most dire situations. And after that firtive meeting with bcci officials, he's changed even more. Unequivocally, all our players respect dav, and Habibul is the one who respects this guy the greatest. Don't you guys think our captain would have consulted and asked dav's notion on what would he elect if he'd have won the toss. And I suppose the answer is now out to everyone!

On a different note, I am slowly being convinced to belief that the major credits for our successes should be attributed to our youngsters, the heart of Bangladesh cricket, though in no terms, I am saying dav didn't do anything for us, but yes, his contributions were slightly co-incidental because it came at a time when were receiving cricketers of our future generation, who never really believed in 'shommanjonok porajoy'. Reminisce those glorious wins against India, Australia and Sri Lanka, and you will observe that it was because of our young heroes Aftab, Ashraful, and Mashrafee, that we won the matches. And the frequency of the wins increased gretaly after the inclusion of real tigers such as Sakib, Mushfique, etc, and the result was a stunning campaign in the World Cup.

If my explanation is seeming irrational, you might accost the knowledgable Sri Lankan cricket fans, and they'll say that it wasn't because of dav, but because of the Sri Lankan cricketers themselves that they became the champions. Even Ranatunga in his several interviews said that he believed it was because of their players' conscientious endeavours and perseverance that they won the world cup, and dav's role was not as prodigious as all the 'outer observers' noted. Ask some of our Sri Lankan cricket friends in BC, and they too shall be reluctant to admit that it was ''mainly'' because of dav they emerged the champions.

So to some extent, yes, I completely support bangla-usa.
Hope my Bangla brothers got my point here
__________________
'You won't succeed the task until you have succeeded the task within yourself' - Ruhaan Israr Eskander
[Revolutionist inventor and discoverer]
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old May 25, 2007, 02:08 PM
cricket_dorshok's Avatar
cricket_dorshok cricket_dorshok is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 16, 2006
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq
Posts: 3,563

I was never a fan of Dav. Like Israr, I belive our performance mainly due to the inclusion of young bloods who grew up under Mclness and other junior level coaches. I would salute him, if our oldies managed a single win against the big teams. But that never happened. Having said all, I think its a knee jerk reaction to remove the banner based on today's fielding decision.

Last edited by cricket_dorshok; May 25, 2007 at 02:38 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old May 25, 2007, 02:20 PM
Aritro's Avatar
Aritro Aritro is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 18, 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,917

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_dorshok
I was never a fan of Dav. Like Israr, I belive our performance mainly due to the inclusion of young bloods who grew up under Mclness and other junior level coaches. I would salute them, if our oldies managed a single win against the big teams. But that never happened. Having said all, I think its a knee jerk reaction to remove the banner based on today's fielding decision.
There's a lot of nonsense floating around at the moment that greatly over-states Dav's contribution to our improvement and glosses over some of his mistakes.

But before we go trying to undermine his legacy, I think we need to remember the people who came before him. Coaches like Trevor Chappel and Mohsin Kamal couldn't hold a candle to Dav. Ultimately, for four years we enjoyed the services of a very competent coach at a time when most competent coaches wouldn't come within a million miles of Bangladesh. He's done a pretty good job, and if a different appointment had been made, we could be in a far worse position to the one we're in now.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old May 25, 2007, 02:32 PM
chowdhurynaheed chowdhurynaheed is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 26, 2004
Posts: 54

dav dint do much.
they are still playing like minnows.
the win agaisnt australia and south africa came because of ashraful.
we did not have players like ashraful and mashrafee before but
now we do and beacause of that it looks like dav did alot.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old May 25, 2007, 02:38 PM
Protic's Avatar
Protic Protic is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 14, 2006
Location: BCB-office
Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees
Posts: 1,934

AND DUDE : Who raised Ashraful and Mashrafe in the national team?
DAV WHATMORE! And hey.. giving away 300+ runs in the first day of the test ..isnt playing like minnows. Australia gave away 355 runs on the first day against US-the minnows.
Yeah india is wicketless..but Hey.. wicket is just a matter of a good delivery.
So give credit to the people who deserves some.
And the test match isnt over yet..say we win it ..surprisingly.. or draw it (not surprisingly) ..with very good batting.. Im sure you are gonna credit Dav for making our player's temperment so strong..eh?
__________________
Tip : Shahriar Nafees should start seeing every team as Australia and treat every bowler as Shane Warne - Myself.
Banglaforum.com!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old May 25, 2007, 05:56 PM
Timtim's Avatar
Timtim Timtim is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 10, 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Favorite Player: JOBG
Posts: 813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer
As an outsider, I find it in very bad taste that BD fans are abusing the coach like this. What has he done? Taught you some cricket? Forgot his home and family and worked with the BD boys day and night without any leave or rest for months on? Took BD cricket to the level where they beat India and SA in a world cup? Is that what he has done wrong? Why cant you even stand him in a mast head banner? This is thanklessness at the very worst. Why are you so impatient? Because he is joining a neighbouring country as a coach? Does he not have a right to chose what he wants to do with his life and career?
Hey...atleast we are not killing them...
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old May 25, 2007, 06:57 PM
Anher's Avatar
Anher Anher is offline
BC T20 WC 2012 Fantasy League Winner
 
Join Date: January 31, 2005
Posts: 3,158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protic
AND DUDE : Who raised Ashraful and Mashrafe in the national team?
DAV WHATMORE! And hey.. giving away 300+ runs in the first day of the test ..isnt playing like minnows. Australia gave away 355 runs on the first day against US-the minnows.
Yeah india is wicketless..but Hey.. wicket is just a matter of a good delivery.
So give credit to the people who deserves some.
And the test match isnt over yet..say we win it ..surprisingly.. or draw it (not surprisingly) ..with very good batting.. Im sure you are gonna credit Dav for making our player's temperment so strong..eh?
ভাইজান লোকজন দেখে ফেলার আগে তারাতাড়ি করে পোস্টটা মুছে ফেলেন। বুকারা বুক টান করে সবার সামনে দাড়ায়। এখন সবার মাথা গরম।

Last edited by Anher; May 25, 2007 at 07:03 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old May 25, 2007, 07:02 PM
Stumped Stumped is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 19, 2006
Posts: 273

wow... conflicts over a banner... seriously??
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old May 25, 2007, 07:56 PM
Zunaid Zunaid is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: January 22, 2004
Posts: 21,737

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped
wow... conflicts over a banner... seriously??
Of course. We are too small and mean-minded to look past one day. Yesterday's hero is of course today's zero. We have a tendency to pillory those we put on a pedestal. And more often strangle the person with the garland we bestowed just a day ago. Don't worry people eventually grow up and outside the relative anonymity of a bulletin board the same people will act differently.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old May 25, 2007, 08:37 PM
cricket_king's Avatar
cricket_king cricket_king is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 10, 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangla_usa
I think we have said enuff 'thank u' to Dav Whatmore for his contribution to Bangladesh Cricket. After watching this horrible 2nd test (esp. for choosing to field first) and for Dav's shameless 'chamchami' to BCCI, I think it is time to remove the current banner from BC and replacing back the old one. Moderators, could you please do that as a 'sign of protest' for his shameless behavior? Thank you.

More of Dav's chamchami in today's Anandabazar: http://www.anandabazar.com/25khela4.htm
Mate.....they poor guy's stuck with players such as ours. You can't expect him to get everything right. How about the things he has done right?
__________________
Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow

- Benjamin Franklin
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old May 25, 2007, 08:40 PM
Zunaid Zunaid is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: January 22, 2004
Posts: 21,737

Perhaps y'all would prefer this banner?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thankyou_vets.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	443  
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old May 25, 2007, 08:41 PM
cricket_king's Avatar
cricket_king cricket_king is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 10, 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer
As an outsider, I find it in very bad taste that BD fans are abusing the coach like this. What has he done? Taught you some cricket? Forgot his home and family and worked with the BD boys day and night without any leave or rest for months on? Took BD cricket to the level where they beat India and SA in a world cup? Is that what he has done wrong? Why cant you even stand him in a mast head banner? This is thanklessness at the very worst. Why are you so impatient? Because he is joining a neighbouring country as a coach? Does he not have a right to chose what he wants to do with his life and career?
Well just to let you know......we've treated our coach with a whole lot more respect than what how the indian team treated chappel.......i won't even go into pakistan.
__________________
Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow

- Benjamin Franklin
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old May 25, 2007, 09:15 PM
tiger_army's Avatar
tiger_army tiger_army is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 7, 2006
Location: land down under
Favorite Player: who else?
Posts: 1,293

Guys Leave Dave alone, without his contribution we wouldnt b able to acheive all these, u know wat i feel proud of myself telling other ppl tht im a bangladesh cricket fan, because our cricketers have done something to make us proud and it all came from everyones hard work including Dave. Bd_use this guy is professional, he gives his service instead of money. isnt the meaning of being professional. i guess u r a professional as well..dont u get salary from work or u work for them free.......

we shud always give these guys respect. i think two ppl shuld always get respect frm us, Gordon Greenidge and Dave.......plz dont let their hard work down by making such of comments.......
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old May 25, 2007, 10:15 PM
Sohel's Avatar
Sohel Sohel is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: April 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Posts: 35,236

give him a break guys, he doesn't bat, bowl, field, keep wickets or captain the side.
__________________
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old May 25, 2007, 10:39 PM
Kabir's Avatar
Kabir Kabir is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: September 3, 2006
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger
Posts: 11,139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
What? Abusing? I have seen what you Indians do to your players and coaches after they perform badly.
At least we don't trash their houses.
What Surfer wrote was completely true. Ajaira eishob amar desh tomar desh korar dorkar to nai rite?
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old May 25, 2007, 11:11 PM
Nasif's Avatar
Nasif Nasif is offline
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development
 
Join Date: October 4, 2002
Location: USA
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Posts: 8,653

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Perhaps y'all would prefer this banner?
What is Zaheer Khan doing in that pic
__________________
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old May 26, 2007, 07:27 AM
rah's Avatar
rah rah is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 22, 2006
Location: north weasie;london
Posts: 802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped
wow... conflicts over a banner... seriously??
neuclear wars r nuffing for us bangladesh fans
__________________
if your a man then admit it
bangladesh will win the 2011 worldcup
brap brap
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket