facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 23, 2007, 02:39 AM
sandpiper sandpiper is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: April 9, 2007
Location: USA
Favorite Player: Wasim Akram
Posts: 6,467
Lightbulb Henry confirms Barcelona transfer

source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...pe/6231950.stm

Quote:
Thierry Henry says he is quitting Arsenal to join Spanish giants Barcelona on a four-year deal.

"I still must pass a medical on Monday but yes, I have chosen Barcelona," the 29-year-old striker told French sports daily L'Equipe on Saturday.

Barcelona had already revealed that they were close to bringing Henry to the Nou Camp in a £16m deal.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old June 23, 2007, 05:11 AM
damalChele's Avatar
damalChele damalChele is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 17, 2007
Posts: 780

Arsene won't be at the club after this season. A lot of other star players will leave come next summer. Very sad news indeed. I am heartbroken.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old June 23, 2007, 05:12 AM
abdulw11's Avatar
abdulw11 abdulw11 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 27, 2005
Location: London, UK
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 1,382

(Nelson style) HA-HAA

£16m...a good deal for Barca...not so good for the Arse.
__________________
BanglaFootballTV - Watch Bangladesh football videos and match highlights
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old June 23, 2007, 10:10 AM
selina's Avatar
selina selina is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 3, 2007
Location: USA
Favorite Player: Ashraful*Tamim*Mashrafee
Posts: 65

Yipeee!! Good choice Henry.
More power to Barcelona.
We'll get our rightful La Liga trophy back next season!!!
(With Messi's help ofcourse)
__________________
Tigers during the tiger chase. ©TigerCricket.com
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old June 23, 2007, 03:03 PM
sandpiper sandpiper is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: April 9, 2007
Location: USA
Favorite Player: Wasim Akram
Posts: 6,467

arsenal lost their star player, its so sad for me
although i dont dislike barca
Quote:
Originally Posted by damalChele
Arsene won't be at the club after this season. A lot of other star players will leave come next summer. Very sad news indeed. I am heartbroken.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old June 23, 2007, 03:07 PM
MohammedC MohammedC is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: April 15, 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Posts: 22,479

Arsenal is finish
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old June 23, 2007, 03:35 PM
Hatebreed's Avatar
Hatebreed Hatebreed is offline
BC T-Shirt Design Winner
 
Join Date: June 19, 2005
Location: Camden, London
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Posts: 7,200

That's a big blow for Arse, but better out than in eh
__________________
My photography
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old June 23, 2007, 04:02 PM
ammark's Avatar
ammark ammark is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 17, 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 6,090

Alright, time for me to pick a new team to support. Arsenal's done for.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old June 23, 2007, 04:21 PM
Hatebreed's Avatar
Hatebreed Hatebreed is offline
BC T-Shirt Design Winner
 
Join Date: June 19, 2005
Location: Camden, London
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Posts: 7,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
Alright, time for me to pick a new team to support. Arsenal's done for.
Manchester United.
__________________
My photography
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old June 23, 2007, 06:29 PM
damalChele's Avatar
damalChele damalChele is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 17, 2007
Posts: 780

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
Alright, time for me to pick a new team to support. Arsenal's done for.
then i must say, you were never a true fan of arsenal. through thick and thin, a true fan stands by his/her team.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old June 24, 2007, 12:04 AM
ammark's Avatar
ammark ammark is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 17, 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 6,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by damalChele
then i must say, you were never a true fan of arsenal. through thick and thin, a true fan stands by his/her team.
hehe... Cant say that I'm a "true fan" of any sporting team by your definition. But nah I still like Arsenal... Its just that slowly slowly everyones leaving. Started with Vieira, Ashley Cole's in Chelsea now, Reyes on loan to Real, now Henry's gone.

At least they're still left with Fabregas, Ljungberg, Robin van Persie, Gallas, Hleb, Gilberto, Denilson, Rosicky, Senderos and Lehmann - them I like in Arsenal
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old June 24, 2007, 01:47 AM
ialbd's Avatar
ialbd ialbd is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 7, 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 5,845

sweet......

(barcelona fan here)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old June 24, 2007, 08:10 AM
damalChele's Avatar
damalChele damalChele is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 17, 2007
Posts: 780

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
hehe... Cant say that I'm a "true fan" of any sporting team by your definition. But nah I still like Arsenal... Its just that slowly slowly everyones leaving. Started with Vieira, Ashley Cole's in Chelsea now, Reyes on loan to Real, now Henry's gone.

At least they're still left with Fabregas, Ljungberg, Robin van Persie, Gallas, Hleb, Gilberto, Denilson, Rosicky, Senderos and Lehmann - them I like in Arsenal
we'll bounce back. star players leave arsenal and star players are born at arsenal. the man responsible for giving birth to such huge stars is going to leave next season. that's what i read somewhere and i can't come to terms with it as of yet. it ain't over till the fat lady sings. we'll still be at the top come next may.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old June 24, 2007, 09:41 AM
patriot's Avatar
patriot patriot is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 7, 2006
Location: Glasgow,UK
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal Khan
Posts: 1,231

That means only three clubs (Chelsea,Man u and Liverpool) will fight for the premiership title next season.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old June 24, 2007, 02:25 PM
ammark's Avatar
ammark ammark is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 17, 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 6,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by damalChele
we'll bounce back. star players leave arsenal and star players are born at arsenal. the man responsible for giving birth to such huge stars is going to leave next season. that's what i read somewhere and i can't come to terms with it as of yet. it ain't over till the fat lady sings. we'll still be at the top come next may.
Arsene Wenger's leaving too???
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old June 24, 2007, 02:32 PM
damalChele's Avatar
damalChele damalChele is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 17, 2007
Posts: 780

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
Arsene Wenger's leaving too???
looks like it. why do you think henry decided to leave? david dein left and arsene is leaving. henry has so much respect for both of them. wenger is like a father to him. i won't be surprised if arsene wenger is linked to a move to barca next year. no doubt few others will follow. dark days are looming ahead of us.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old June 24, 2007, 07:53 PM
ammark's Avatar
ammark ammark is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 17, 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 6,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by damalChele
looks like it. why do you think henry decided to leave? david dein left and arsene is leaving. henry has so much respect for both of them. wenger is like a father to him. i won't be surprised if arsene wenger is linked to a move to barca next year. no doubt few others will follow. dark days are looming ahead of us.
I was just talking to my friend about how Henry had reacted when dein was sacked. You're right... dark days are looming ahead. Last year my other fav team Juve got relegated. Maybe I should stop bringing them bad luck with my support.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old June 24, 2007, 07:59 PM
Hatebreed's Avatar
Hatebreed Hatebreed is offline
BC T-Shirt Design Winner
 
Join Date: June 19, 2005
Location: Camden, London
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Posts: 7,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
I was just talking to my friend about how Henry had reacted when dein was sacked. You're right... dark days are looming ahead. Last year my other fav team Juve got relegated. Maybe I should stop bringing them bad luck with my support.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
Alright, time for me to pick a new team to support. Arsenal's done for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
Manchester United.
I take it back, don't support Man United!
__________________
My photography
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old June 25, 2007, 05:56 PM
sandpiper sandpiper is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: April 9, 2007
Location: USA
Favorite Player: Wasim Akram
Posts: 6,467

cants forget these goals for Arsenal, all are memories now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10VT4V1KJ9k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWEyLRYAugg

Last edited by sandpiper; June 25, 2007 at 06:20 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old June 26, 2007, 06:39 AM
Cricket Crazy's Avatar
Cricket Crazy Cricket Crazy is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 29, 2005
Location: Luton, UK
Posts: 262

I liked arsenal only coz henry was in the team. nw its so sad! if arsene webger goes aswell den we r finished.
__________________
DJ Roni a.k.a B-Boy Badness
www.djroni.mfbiz.com
www.myspace.com/djroniakabboybadness
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket