facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 4, 2007, 10:43 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default rafique's problems...

whats up with our "raw freak"

his stats since we have resumed test cricket are terrible, even by average BD bowler standards:

against India he took 6-307, an average of 51.16
and so far against SL he is 1-272

overall avg is an astronomical, 82.71
Old July 4, 2007, 11:08 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

May be getting old,
Old July 4, 2007, 11:12 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Charlie Chaplin

and now everybody is bashing him, but it could be way better to play Razzak in the second test - i think that was my team where I had Reza over Sharif, Razzak over Rafique
Old July 4, 2007, 11:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Rafique mamu is our new Rafique dadu.
Old July 4, 2007, 11:44 AM
Cricket Legend

he is getting old, and we absolutely get nothing from his bat..... but he is far from over, particularly in ODI...
Old July 4, 2007, 11:46 AM
BC Editorial Team

For a change, he could start accepting return catches.
Old July 4, 2007, 12:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

His main weapon is his arm balls. Oponent teams do enough home works on his arm balls before facing him these days. Probably this is the main reason he became ineffective.
Old July 4, 2007, 12:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin
For a change, he could start accepting return catches.
Yes, he is making a habit of it. Age, eyesight you never know. I went through that age bracket myself and, personal pride etc makes it very difficult to accept that your eyesight has started to deteriorate around that age. It is not that you can't see but as the focus point and length changes subtly , you tend to misjudge positions. I have also noticed that Bashar has been edging balls a lot more than he used to.

When batting, I started missing straight balls and, of course, I immediately blamed it on my eyesight. It could not have been my technique, could it ?

Coming back to Rafique's bowling: his forte is his nagging accuracy. In one day matches that can be frustrating on batsmen who are also prone to take greater risks. Playing against Bangladesh in tests is a lot easier as our opponents are seldom under pressure. Therefore, they can always block out the good balls. Rafique never had any really wicket taking balls. So, now as age has begun to creep up, this inability is becoming apparent.

My view would be to persevere with Enam in the long run. I know he also has problems now but he will overcome those.
Old July 4, 2007, 02:45 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Rafiq himself admitted during the starting of the SL series that he, along with all other bowlers, are having trouble to resume Test-style attacking bowling after playng ODIs for over one year and bowling defensively (to adopt the ODI's) in those matches.
Old July 4, 2007, 05:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

i will make a professional comment on rafique after the odi series...
Old July 4, 2007, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

He's just having a bad time. You can't expect someone to deliver all the time.
Old July 4, 2007, 06:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
thats the point, he used to deliver all the time, mash is also struggling but not as much...the only bowler doing anything remotely decent is rajib - who is doing very decent, tho nothing spectacular.
Old July 4, 2007, 10:31 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Landmark-related kufa lagch'he.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; July 5, 2007 at 08:40 AM..
Old July 4, 2007, 11:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Bhai, Rafique or Enamul hasnt bowled to a test almost an year and all that time he played too many 1 day cricket. Bowling in one day & test are like day & night. It takes some time to get back that touch. I agree that his age is not helping the matter either. Insha Allah he will be fine in the next test.
Old July 4, 2007, 11:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Shakib

soooo we're bashing raffique now????? dont worry im sure he'll get his 100th test wicket !!!
Old July 4, 2007, 11:49 PM

Rafique should retire from test after this series, along with his old buddies.
Old July 5, 2007, 12:54 AM
Cricket Legend

but yea those return catches, dont know whats the deal with that with Rafiq....
Old July 5, 2007, 02:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by antora93
soooo we're bashing raffique now????? dont worry im sure he'll get his 100th test wicket !!!
No one is bashing Rafique. He was our first test class player. But the tides of life respects no one, not even our great bowler.
Old July 5, 2007, 03:19 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
absolutely true .. u just cant expect that
Old July 5, 2007, 05:53 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

Rafiq Has Done a Lot For Bangladesh Cricket , We should be respected for what he deserves.
He has been playing every match almost from 1997 Icc trophy to current day test cricket.
He is a pioneer of Bangladesh cricket.
We thank him for His services withouts Him Bangladesh would not have come this far His experience and Talents has helped most of our young spin bowlers.
He is Our National HERO
Old July 5, 2007, 09:47 AM
Cricket Sage

Rafiq is the other one who is loosing it sooner than I thought.

His fielding and running bettern the wicket was always his weakest point. He lost his batting touch for while now. I doubt he will regain it back again. What left was his bowling. Now looking like he is loosing it a bit also as time paases by.

If he is smart, he should start thinking about his retirment plan and stick to it and retire (whenever it is) with his head high unlike ChaCha, Bashar, Pilot and co.
Old July 5, 2007, 09:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Rafique missed couple of chances of C&B. Age is ofcourse a factor. We got to admit that he served us more than other players regarding the age issue. No doubt he is more competenent comparing to his age group players. But nobody can stop aging process; people who are very determined and hard working sometimes never gives up like our Rafique. They will try their best to accelerate and never bows down. But certain natural things will bound to happen, you can't stop aging process nor you can live forever. But Rafique should also consider now about the natural process of all human beings, no doubt he is a fighter in the field, but he can also contribute to BD but helping our BD cricket strucutre and academy to teach the new ones. I believe that will add more glory to his glorious career.
Old July 5, 2007, 11:37 AM
ODI Cricketer

Yes I have been worried as well ... it would be very interesting to see his stats of recent. Nothing with the bat ? With the bowl his average, and his fielding has been poor too ? Whats going on ?
Old July 5, 2007, 09:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Rafique is a fighter, naturally gifted cricketer. There is no doubt about his ability. But in recent times he has been facing a weired problem. And the problem is he hasn't been keen enough to take the return catches. In the recent World Cup he missed few chances and I think he missed a chance against the WI and that did cost us. It happened in the India series too. And also happened in this series. It seemed like he were not expecting those return catches that's why he was not prepared to catch those sitters. Truely sad news if his age is causing this. I think he is loosing his concentration and that causing him to travel virtually to somewhere else during match time. Worrying case. He himself only can fix this. And if his case is as Habibul's one then it's a problem. He needs to think about retiring.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old July 5, 2007, 10:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imtiazk
Yes, he is making a habit of it. Age, eyesight you never know. I went through that age bracket myself and, personal pride etc makes it very difficult to accept that your eyesight has started to deteriorate around that age. It is not that you can't see but as the focus point and length changes subtly , you tend to misjudge positions. I have also noticed that Bashar has been edging balls a lot more than he used to.

When batting, I started missing straight balls and, of course, I immediately blamed it on my eyesight. It could not have been my technique, could it ?

Coming back to Rafique's bowling: his forte is his nagging accuracy. In one day matches that can be frustrating on batsmen who are also prone to take greater risks. Playing against Bangladesh in tests is a lot easier as our opponents are seldom under pressure. Therefore, they can always block out the good balls. Rafique never had any really wicket taking balls. So, now as age has begun to creep up, this inability is becoming apparent.

My view would be to persevere with Enam in the long run. I know he also has problems now but he will overcome those.
On the money.