facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 5, 2007, 03:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim
BDFlag What a great second innings!

I have to say even though we still had another innings defeat, that second innings brought back a lot of pride. If we can somehow find a way to play like that in the FIRST innings, we have a real shot at getting a positive decision from the match. Now we can't get too excited because so far Ash has had trouble remaining consistent after a big performance but somebody needs to step up in the next Test. Whether its JO, SN, Rajin, or maybe Mushy and Ash again, Bangladesh batsmen need to build on their second innings performance. If they bat like they are capable of, the BD bowlers will be pumped up and take wickets. All in all, PLEASE not another 89 or 62 allout!
Old July 5, 2007, 03:23 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

eki pechal...... baar baar .....
Old July 5, 2007, 03:26 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash and Tamim

I think you have put it down very well ro1249 you have reminded us not to be excited too much because of inconsistency but also have praised the team. Although the last test is not really counted because we have lost series we are playing for pride so lets hope we get at least over 200 this time in first innings because we could have come really close in seconfd test if we batted to our abilities in first innings. Anyways lets hope we focus on our main problems before the last test starts, it may not be counted but it is important as to the players futures.Like Bashar and co.
Old July 5, 2007, 05:19 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Lara

2nd innings partnerships: 48 - 3- 4 - 4 - 19- 191 - 7 - 0- 10 -13.

You can call it a great innings for sure. I think, most of the BD batsmen also think the same way.
Old July 5, 2007, 05:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Not a great 2nd innings, but a good 1. It would have been great if any of out top-order also scored a century.
Old July 5, 2007, 10:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: BD Team Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
2nd innings partnerships: 48 - 3- 4 - 4 - 19- 191 - 7 - 0- 10 -13.

You can call it a great innings for sure. I think, most of the BD batsmen also think the same way.
I think it was a great innings for Ash and Mushi but not for the whole team!!
Old July 5, 2007, 10:48 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Does it really matter what kind of innings we played. I wish the whole team learn from the 18 year old kid. Pilot, looks like your days are over!
Old July 5, 2007, 10:56 PM
BC T20 WC 2012 Fantasy League Winner

Great 2nd innings if u mean for ash and mushfiq. At least i got some enjoyble reading about bangaldesh cricket today.
Old July 5, 2007, 10:57 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

Not Bad Good recovery from last time , Lets Hope Bangladesh can do well in 3rd Test , make sri lanka work harder upto 5 days.
Ash needs to be consistent i am sure this innings will lift up his and the team confidence . Just need to be careful about some key sri lankan bowling attacks, That will be the key to success.
Old July 5, 2007, 11:03 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

That has been the biggest task for our batsmen so far in this series. The Srilankan quadro of Murali, Vaas, Malinga and Dilhara has taken 1164 wickets in test cricket among themselves. I wonder it is most vastly experienced bowling side of the world at present.
Quote:
Originally Posted by max410
Not Bad Good recovery from last time , Lets Hope Bangladesh can do well in 3rd Test , make sri lanka work harder upto 5 days.
Ash needs to be consistent i am sure this innings will lift up his and the team confidence . Just need to be careful about some key sri lankan bowling attacks, That will be the key to success.
Old July 6, 2007, 12:29 AM
ODI Cricketer

Not a great second innings, no we can't say that. But a great partnership between Ash and Mush. Sadly, that will be the true verdict if you think impartially.
Old July 6, 2007, 12:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

I don't know why people are getting so excited? Yes, there were only a couple of things to take away from the two Tests other than utter humiliation...which are the captain's knock and Mushy's determined "get the f-out" innings for Pilot...that's all. Other than that, everyone else failed miserably. And the second innings you're talking about...almost 90% of the runs scored in that innigs belong to only two guys...what were the rest 9 doing? Gorur ghash khaitesilo naki?
Old July 6, 2007, 12:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

What a Great Partnership, thank Allah I was in Canada and didn't watch this. When I finally got access to a computer and it said Bangladesh: 64, Sangakarra: 200*, Bangladesh 69/4. I wasn't sad or mad since i didn;t follow 1 minute of it. Then as I crossed the border and i could use my cell phone i went to banglacricket.com/moblile and it said 299 ao. So I was like hmm and I went to cricbuzz and then I saw an Amazing 191 partnership so all I have to say is these two need to bat higher, I think Ash should open as he can negotiate the new ball and also he is our top order.
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old July 6, 2007, 12:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
I don't know why people are getting so excited? Yes, there were only a couple of things to take away from the two Tests other than utter humiliation...which are the captain's knock and Mushy's determined "get the f-out" innings for Pilot...that's all. Other than that, everyone else failed miserably. And the second innings you're talking about...almost 90% of the runs scored in that innigs belong to only two guys...what were the rest 9 doing? Gorur ghash khaitesilo naki?
Nothing to be excited at all except the big partnership. But this innings gave us some thing to hope for. The openers did a fair job for putting up 48 partnership in the second innings. It's the top middle order who is the culprit once again. These days i don't see any resistance from them.

You need to be tough enough to carry on after one or two quick wickets fall. Unfortunately our middle order is so much vulnerable that they only can accelerate the collapse instead of stopping it.
Old July 6, 2007, 02:58 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafis_BD
I think it was a great innings for Ash and Mushi but not for the whole team!!
I agree with you, except the term 'great'.
Those innings were certainly good; but great has some more weight. Remember Lara's unbeaten matchwinning 153? Yes, that was a great innings.
Old July 6, 2007, 07:09 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Not a great 2nd innings but a memorable record breaking 6th wicket partnership !! All credits goes to that 18 yr. old WONDER BOY Mushy. This is not the first time he showed his wonderness --------- we still remember his match winning that batting against India in the last WC!! Our senior players have to learn a lot from this genius LITTLE MASTER
especially the temperament and shot selections.
Old July 6, 2007, 07:19 AM
Cricket Guru

It seemed that in that 191 partnership, something they did according to the game or coach's plan and ofcourse the execution done by those two batsmen. I wonder why it never works for frequently with also other batsmen. Nobody is telling them to have this huge partnership but com'n atleast a sensible innings. Something really bad happened in first innings that made them bundled out for 62. This is ridiculous, were they have that much trouble with Murali and Malinga?