facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 12, 2007, 04:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

even with the constant reminders, if bin laden had been the great schemer, this single act had done more harm to the muslim community in the short term than anything else i can think of.

did anyone watch the bbc newsnight report on a former hizbut tahrir acitivist last night?
Old September 25, 2007, 02:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Rahul Dravid
Default 'No injustice can last for ever': Burma's biggest protest for 20 years provokes ominous threat

'No injustice can last for ever': Burma's biggest protest for 20 years provokes ominous threat

By Andrew Buncombe, Asia Correspondent
Published: 25 September 2007
The Independent, UK

As Gordon Brown sent a message of hope to the people of Burma, the military regime has issued an ominous threat to the Buddhist monks who are leading the series of extraordinary democracy demonstrations.

After 100,000 people filled the streets of Rangoon yesterday – the largest demonstration by far since the protests of 1988 – a government minister told senior monks that if they did not rein in the activities of those heading the marches, the regime would take unspecified action.

The threat by Brigadier General Thura Myint Maung, the religious affairs minister, represents the first public acknowledgement by the regime of the mounting challenge it faces as thousands of monks in maroon robes chanting slogans fill the streets of the country's largest city on a daily basis with calls for peaceful change.

At the same time, it has heightened speculation that the regime is preparing to crack down hard against the demonstrators if the protests continue, possibly with mass arrests and detentions. Full read
Old September 25, 2007, 08:25 PM
Cricket Legend

yea have been reading the news on burma lately. I wonder if the monks were inspired by the 'activities' by ctg in BD....
Old September 25, 2007, 09:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd
yea have been reading the news on burma lately. I wonder if the monks were inspired by the 'activities' by ctg in BD....
I would say CTG should make sure we are not going to suffer like Burma by the military regime - ' No injustice can last for ever'
Old September 26, 2007, 06:37 AM
Cricket Guru

One killed as Myanmar troops battle protests
Wed, Sep 26th, 2007 10:50 am BdST
YANGON, Sept 26 (bdnews24.com/Reuters) - Troops fired shots over the heads of large crowds in Myanmar's main city on Wednesday, sending people scurrying for cover as a crackdown against the biggest anti-junta protests in 20 years intensified.

One person was killed and five wounded by bullets in Yangon, a hospital source said, but it was not known whether any of the victims were monks, who have been at the forefront of the demonstrations.

At least two witnesses saw the bloodied body of a monk being carried away after security forces stopped one procession as the city centre seethed with tens of thousands of people rebelling against decades of military rule.

It was not clear whether he was dead or alive.

People have came out in force despite fears of a repeat of the bloody suppression of a 1988 uprising, when soldiers killed an estimated 3,000 people.

The protests began a month ago after sudden fuel price rises and have become a mass movement against military repression and economic hardship.

Last edited by Nocturnal; September 26, 2007 at 06:38 AM.. Reason: source added: http://www.bdnews24.com/details.php?cid=1&id=22470
Old September 26, 2007, 09:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Well of course America won't go there after all what have they got no oil.
Old September 27, 2007, 03:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

did you guys know that us senator John mccain adopted a child from bangladesh and got bashed for having a black baby when he ran against bush...

here is the link where clinton talks about it in this link at the very end...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTMtB...&feature=bz301
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Old September 27, 2007, 07:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
did you guys know that us senator John mccain adopted a child from bangladesh and got bashed for having a black baby when he ran against bush...
Black baby? Isn't Condy black? And Powell?
Old September 28, 2007, 09:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
Black baby? Isn't Condy black? And Powell?
u know how bushes politics are... at that time when he ran against him (both from same party but for the same chair i guess) bush ran those anti mccain stuff so that voters from his party doesn't vote for him...but mccain never ran anything saying i went to war but bush never even showed up for the training or something...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Old October 3, 2007, 04:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Malaysia suspends taking Bangladeshi workers

The Malaysian cabinet yesterday decided to freeze the intake of Bangladeshi workers with immediate effect as the process has caused problems to the country, reports Malaysian news agency Bernama from Putrajaya.

Home Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Radzi Sheikh Ahmad said there were now too many workers and agents from Bangladesh in Malaysia.

He said the presence of such agents who used Malaysians as sub-agents and the huge amount of money involved "are not a healthy sign, it is not good for the country".

Mohd Radzi told reporters in Putrajaya that Malaysia could obtain workers from 10 other countries such as Indonesia, Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Nepal and Laos.

The most popular, he said, were workers from Indonesia, India and the Philippines.

The minister said that Malaysia froze the recruitment of Bangladeshi workers back in 1999 because of various problems.

Besides problems related to the agents, the workers themselves were causing many social woes, he said.

He said Malaysia was currently hosting about 200,000 Bangladeshi workers and 100,000 more were expected to arrive in the country as their intake had been approved earlier.

[source]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wondering, what social woes Bangladeshi workers were causing in Malaysia?
Old October 3, 2007, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

The real reason though is that our men steal away their women from them, and they feel sorry for themselves. I'll dig up the link later.
Old October 3, 2007, 05:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
The real reason though is that our men steal away their women from them, and they feel sorry for themselves. I'll dig up the link later.
are you sure asif bhai???

thats just stupid.. kisu kisu manush bidheshe giye desher naamtai kharap kore dei..

ekhon erokom kisur jonno aro hazar hazar manusher oshob deshe jaowa hobe na...
Old October 3, 2007, 10:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Here is a report that explores this situation.

INT'L MIGRANTS DAY/ BANGLADESH:
Wives at Home Worry about Husbands' Fidelity
Qurratul Ain Tahmina

SIRAJGANJ, Bangladesh, Dec 18 (IPS) - Hamida Begum (not her real name) of this district in northern Bangladesh has a startled look about her. She barely raises the veil from her face. The timid eyes look too prominent on her thin and sharp face.

The women gathered at the office of a non-government organisation here are rather ruthless in describing Hamida's misfortune. They mean sympathy, but their lack of tact must hurt.

Mosammat Sahana Begum is a young woman, whose husband, like those of the others, works in Malaysia, which draws the second biggest number of Bangladeshi migrant workers after Saudi Arabia. There are more than 100,000 skilled workers in Malaysia, but the figure could rise to 300,000 if undocumented workers are included.

"Our occasional worries about the fidelity of our husbands pale in comparison to her woes," Sahana points at Hamida. "Her husband is always straying."

"It would be 13 years since he first went to Malaysia," Hamida says. "About three years back he came home and stayed for about a year and a half."

"This time he sent some money regularly for about a year," contemplates Hamida. "But then on I haven't heard from him."

Hamida knows that her husband had married a Malaysian girl on his first trip. "I hear he is no longer with her," says Hamida. "But I do not really know what he is up to now."

Hamida has three sons and three daughters to take care of. "My eldest son, still quite young, works as a handloom operator," says Hamida. "Another son, about eight years of age, works as a helper. We have to manage with the money these two bring."

Sahana's husband first went to Malaysia in 1995, at the peak of the exodus of migrant labour to Malaysia. He came home for four years and went again in March 2002. Two of Sahana's four children have been born and conceived during his stay in that South-east Asian country.

"We women in Bangladesh observe 'purdah', but there men work side by side girls," says Sahana. "The men who are smart are easily swayed to bad directions." Sahana's comments cause a ripple of laughter in the group.

SHISUK, a non-government organisation working with the Sirajganj migrant workers and their families since 1999, has so far organised 18 groups of in total 180 women. More than one-third of the group members are wives of migrant workers.

"They say that while at home their husbands demand sex even before the bleeding period of forty days after childbirth is over," says Mosammat Jobaida Khatun, a community organiser of SHISUK. "And they often wonder if their husbands frequent other women while abroad."

"We hear accounts of men marrying there, even having children," Jobaida says, although not all are like that.

Now that the Malaysian government has resumed taking Bangladeshi workers after a suspension of seven years - the two countries signed a labour agreement in October - among its major concerns is that of male workers getting married to Malaysian women.

The Malaysian government included in the accord requirements that Bangladeshi workers be aged from 18 to 40, be able to speak Malay or English, have no criminal record - and cannot get married in Malaysia. The men's contracts would be terminated as soon as he marries a Malaysian woman.

"We got to ensure that our men do not cause any social disturbances in Malaysia," says Daliluddin Mondal, secretary, Bangladesh's Ministry of Expatriates Welfare and Overseas Employment.

Sakiul Millat Morshed, SHISUK's executive director, agrees. "The workers must have some accountability," says Morshed. "They are going to Malaysia for working for a certain period only and not to get married and set up homes."

"Previously when they had stopped taking our workers," says Mondal, ''we were informally told that next to recruitment-related problems, such marriages were the major reason for the 1996 freeze (on hiring of Bangladeshi workers)".

Thanks to mobile phones now available in villages, the women can now talk to their men abroad. But not all men call home regularly, often caught up in the insecurities and hassles of an undocumented migrant's life -- and sometimes absorbed in new affections.

"There are constant pressures from home to send money," Mohammad Abdul Khaleque, another of the NGO's community organisers and himself a returnee from Malaysia, says, trying to explain the situation. "At one point some (migrant workers) begin to feel deprived and used as a machine for earning money."

"Frustrated, together with friends they then seek sexual pleasures," says Khaleque. "And often men form attachments while working together with women."

Moina Begum's husband confessed to her that he gone with women several times during his first stay in Malaysia of nearly five years. "This time when he went back, he promised to me that he would not do it without seeking my permission first," says Moina, not her real name. "He now often tells me over phone of his desperations at weak moments," says Moina. "I advise him to pray in such moments. I say, I do not have such thoughts, why should he?"

Aware of the emotional, physical and social conditions of migrant work, SHISUK is also promoting condom use. The women here in Bangladesh are informed about HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases. "Prior to her husband's coming home, a woman contacts me," says Bedana. "I then give her condoms and show her the proper way to use those."

Abdul Mannan, a returnee, talks about a fellow worker who had kept up a long relationship with a migrant worker from Indonesian. "All he earned in seven years was spent after this woman who eventually left him for another man."

While in Malaysia, Ainul Kabir had been prudent and regularly sent money home. "I never took that path because I could see that friends who kept girlfriends needed to borrow money every month,'' he says. Men too stress that not all of them do this.

"Our men marrying there is certainly not a general phenomenon," says A Y M Mosharraf Hossain, who was the labour counsellor at the Bangladesh High Commission in Kuala Lumpur from 1998 to 2002. "I don't think it's on any alarming scale."

But still, this causes reintegration problems, says Khaleque, who is also a leader of the Migrant Workers' Welfare Forum in Sirajganj: "The women there are fair and pretty and a returnee often makes comparison and finds his wife unattractive,'' says Khaleque. ''These overt or subconscious cravings create tensions between a couple."

"The husbands sometimes complain that we are too thin," says Mosammat Maloti Begum. "We then tell them that what do they expect? In their absence we have to run the families. Not that they send home huge amounts of money!"

Mosammat Bedana Khatun, SHISUK's programme organiser for the female spouse groups, says the opposite is also true: "Often during the long absence of the husband, the wife may leave home for another man."

Link to news.
Old October 4, 2007, 03:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Eid releases: Dhaliwood predicts profit

After a decade of slumped trade, the film industry in Bangladesh is expecting a pick-up this coming Eid. People in the mainstream film industry, otherwise known as 'Dhaliwood', are hopeful to reset cinema as one of the major sources of mass entertainment during the Eid festivity.
“After the recent massive drive taken by Film Censor Board against violent and vulgar film, most of the movies that got approval from Bangladesh Film Producers and Distributors Association (BFPDA) for the Eid are either romantic or family drama. Only a few action movies will be released,” said BFPDA President Nasiruddin Dilu.

The office secretary of BFPDA, Mahbubul Islam, informed that 15 films have received approval from BFPDA for Eid release. The movies include :

Moner Shathey Juddho,
Katha Dao Shathi Hobey,
Meye Shakkhi,
Astrodhari Rana,
Premer Badha,
Priyo Shathi,
Danob Shontan,
Rakto Chosha,
Osman,
Tomar Jonyo Mortey Pari,
Maa Amar Swargo,
Kopal,
Bullet,
Aha and
Ekjon Shongey Chhilo.

[source]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too many choice for this Eid Release. If I were in Bangldesh, I would watch these three movies with my Eidee:

1. Aha
2. Rakto Chosha
3. Kopal.

Last edited by Fazal; October 4, 2007 at 04:03 PM..
Old October 4, 2007, 04:12 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

ha ha ha ha ha
these titles are craaaaazy
Quote:
The office secretary of BFPDA, Mahbubul Islam, informed that 15 films have received approval from BFPDA for Eid release. The movies include :

Moner Shathey Juddho,
Katha Dao Shathi Hobey,
Meye Shakkhi,
Astrodhari Rana,
Premer Badha,
Priyo Shathi,
Danob Shontan,
Rakto Chosha,
Osman,
Tomar Jonyo Mortey Pari,
Maa Amar Swargo,
Kopal,
Bullet,
Aha and
Ekjon Shongey Chhilo.
Old October 4, 2007, 06:26 PM
Cricket Guru

ইশ! কতদিন ঢালীউডের ছিঃনেমা দেখি না
Old October 4, 2007, 07:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
ইশ! কতদিন ঢালীউডের ছিঃনেমা দেখি না
I can't believe you haven't used the power of, no one else but our good friend, YouTube.

Enjoy my friend...I know you'll have a good sleep tonight

Old October 9, 2007, 02:44 PM
Cricket Sage

A bad relationship can cause heart attack: study

LONDON (Reuters) - It has been the stuff of great romantic novels and blockbuster films. Doctors have long suspected it. A study of 9,000 British civil servants has at last established it is possible to die of a 'broken heart'.

The study, reported in the Archives of Internal Medicine, found the stress and anxiety of hostile, angry relationships can boost the risk of developing heart disease. Chances of a heart attack or chest pain rose by 34 percent compared to people on good terms with a spouse or partner.
"A person's heart condition seems to be influenced by negative intimate relationships," researchers wrote. "We showed that the negative aspects of close relationships...are associated with coronary heart disease."

[reference picture]

[source]
Old October 9, 2007, 07:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Radiohead's plan to let fans choose how much to pay for their new album has won support from two British indie legends. Fans can name their price, from £0-100, and download In Rainbows on Wednesday.
Former Stone Roses singer Ian Brown said it was a "fantastic idea", adding: "Anything that can break the music industry up, I'm supporting it."
Ex-Smiths guitarist Johnny Marr praised their trust in human nature. He said: "We'll see if their good faith is going to be rewarded. I think it will work."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7034320.stm
Old October 17, 2007, 12:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Kanpur couple sell son to save daughter
Oct 8, 2007
Quote:
Unable to bear the expenses of their ailing daughter, a couple here made a bid to sell their 14-day-old son. However, hospital authorities stepped in time and offered to pay for the treatment of four-year-old Shivani, who is suffering from pelvic tumour.
Source: Times of India
Old October 23, 2007, 01:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Just wanna share
http://61226.com/share/hk.swf
Move the mouse up = Sun rise.
Move the mouse down= Sun set.
Old October 23, 2007, 01:58 PM
Cricket Guru

That's a good one
What city is this?
Old October 23, 2007, 02:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
That's a good one
What city is this?
Hong kong
Old October 25, 2007, 12:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Breaking news

Quote:
The artist who drew the pictures of the Prophet Mohammed (S.A.W) has died in a fire. He was burned alive. Denmark government is hiding the news from the public and everyone has to know. Plz spread this.... (Its the price one must pay 4 the insult of Allah's Prophet) Forward this to as many people as you can...Are you going to forward this or delete it? Just remember Allah is watching you.............

Haire kopal, source nai kisu nai, Facebook e ei message er ghora ghuri choltese...tai amio ekta post count barailam r ki
Old October 25, 2007, 12:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Haire kopal, source nai kisu nai, Facebook e ei message er ghora ghuri choltese...tai amio ekta post count barailam r ki
hmmm.....I google it and find this: http://indianmuslims.in/so-the-danis...s-burnt-alive/