facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 25, 2007, 08:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
hmmm.....I google it and find this: http://indianmuslims.in/so-the-danis...s-burnt-alive/
Solid arguments, and exactly my first observation - no source. The second observation is the strongest of all (the old lady throwing dirt at the Prophet).

That's why, it's just amazing how such messages go around the world and reach you from multiple sources in numerous ways...all adding to the image of Islam. Kopallll!!!
Old October 30, 2007, 05:34 AM
BC Editorial Team

Sheffield Wednesday fans forum forced by the court to reveal the identity of abusive posters :

Quote:
A UK judge has ordered a football fans' website to hand over details of posters who made potentially defamatory remarks about directors of Sheffield Wednesday. The move, in what's being viewed as a test case, has implications for the owners of, and posters on, other football chat websites.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/10...et_libel_case/
Old October 30, 2007, 05:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Bashar, Kapali et al getting ready with their lawyers soon. :P
Old October 30, 2007, 05:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Among other things one poster suggested the Owl's chief exec spent money on "hookers" and didn't know the difference between a rugby hooker and a football striker.
LOL - poor kid got sued for that comment. haha

It's a fan site... not a news organization.. how can there be a case is beyond my understanding..
Old October 30, 2007, 05:53 AM
Cricket Legend

btw, does this mean I get to sue shahriyar.. ?
Old October 30, 2007, 06:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
btw, does this mean I get to sue shahriyar.. ?
Oi beta when did I defame you . ON the contrary I am your biggest fan here in BC. Bhai whats your real name ? I will come looking for you in NYC very soon.
Old October 30, 2007, 06:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by layperson
Oi beta when did I defame you . ON the contrary I am your biggest fan here in BC. Bhai whats your real name ? I will come looking for you in NYC very soon.
Amar naam hoilo Kala Mastan.. tui amar dhare kaache ashbi na.. naile....
on a second thought, ashleo oshubidha nai... amar bed er ek side khali thaake shobshomoi...so...Tomar jonno rojonigondha ful chitaya rakhum...
Old October 30, 2007, 08:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Hmmm...news around the globe: BC te prem rochona hoche, one man for another man.
Old October 30, 2007, 05:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Amar naam hoilo Kala Mastan.. tui amar dhare kaache ashbi na.. naile....
on a second thought, ashleo oshubidha nai... amar bed er ek side khali thaake shobshomoi...so...Tomar jonno rojonigondha ful chitaya rakhum...
Kala Mastan !!! Ajkei NYC er yellow pages khujte hobe. But Kala mastan dekhi amake threat marlo, dhare kache ashte nished kortese.....

Bed er ek side khali keno... gf koi gelo... meye ra kintu Kala Mastan der jonno pagol.. ekta chole gele arekta ashbe gf beshi din khali thakbe nah bed er side... chinta korish nah tui beta...

Ar ami ashtesi NYC very quick .. We go party together

Typical Orphmaister response dei Kabir k : Are you feeling left out?
Old October 30, 2007, 05:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
response dei Kabir k : Are you feeling left out?
shahriyar aar kabir er prem ekhon global news.. bhalo bhalo! Ami gelam.... My job is done! Now tonoy er jonno khujte hobe....hmmm
Old October 30, 2007, 06:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Orpheus to pura yellow journalism er expert. Ki quote kete ki meaning banay dilo !!!!
Old October 30, 2007, 06:33 PM
Cricket Legend

arey ki choltese eikhane..... shob yaba khaia to......
Old November 3, 2007, 06:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

100 cars crash in fog

FRESNO, Calif. - More than 100 cars and trucks crashed on a fog-shrouded freeway Saturday, killing at least two people and injuring dozens more, the California Highway Patrol said.
Eighteen big rigs were involved in the massive pileup on Highway 99 just south of Fresno as patches of dense fog obscured visibility on the heavily traveled roadway, CHP officials said.

"It looked like something out of a movie, walking up and seeing all the cars mangled and crushed," CHP Officer Paul Solorzano Jr. said.

A 6-year-old boy and a 28-year-old man traveling in separate vehicles were killed in the chain-reaction collisions around 7:45 a.m., he said.

"There was probably 2-foot visibility in the fog when I got here. It was really bad," said Mike Bowman, a spokesman for the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection. "It looked like chaos. Cars were backed up on top of each other."
Rescuers had to extract several people from the wreckage, and paramedics took more than three dozen patients to the hospital with injuries, Fresno Fire Department spokesman Ken Shockley said.

"Everybody was trying to miss everybody, but it was impossible not to get hit," said Cindy Ramirez, 21, of Selma, whose purple Mazda pickup truck was rear-ended. "I'm fine physically, but I keep thinking about all of the things that could have happened."

Old November 9, 2007, 03:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nasir / Mominul / Gazi

Pakistan confirms Benazir under house arrest

Fri, Nov 9th, 2007 1:55 pm BdST
ISLAMABAD, Nov 9 (bdnews24.com/Reuters) - Pakistani authorities detained opposition leader Benazir Bhutto at her home on Friday to stop her from holding her first rally since President Pervez Musharraf imposed emergency rule, a government minister said.

"She has been detained at home. This is temporary and is being done to stop her from going to the meeting," Railways Minister and close ally to Musharraf, Sheikh Rashid Ahmed, told Reuters.

Earlier, Pakistani police placed Benazir under virtual house arrest, a spokeswoman said, to stop her from holding her first rally.
Old November 9, 2007, 03:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nasir / Mominul / Gazi

I can only see pitch dark at the end of the tunnel for Pakistan. Things to learn for us too.
Old November 9, 2007, 12:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
I can only see pitch dark at the end of the tunnel for Pakistan. Things to learn for us too.
I don't even see the entry of the tunnel.
Old November 14, 2007, 04:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Man 'marries' dog to beat curse
- BBC Link

An Indian man has "married" a female dog, hoping the move will help atone for stoning two other dogs to death. P Selvakumar, 33, said he had been cursed since the killings, suffering paralysis and a loss of hearing.
The wedding took place at a Hindu temple in Tamil Nadu state. The "bride" wore an orange sari with a flower garland and was fed a bun to celebrate. Superstitious people in rural India sometimes organise weddings to animals in the hope of warding off curses.
'Tried every cure'
Crowds cheered the newly-weds at the end of the ceremony in Sivaganga district, about 50km (30 miles) east of the city of Madurai.
The "bride", who is called Selvi, was led to the temple in Manamudurai wearing a sari before vows were exchanged in a traditional Hindu ceremony.
A relative of the groom who attended the wedding said he hoped Mr Selvakumar would now be cured.
"Fifteen years back Selvakumar was physically fit. But, once he attacked a pair of dogs and thereafter Kumar could not move his limbs freely," the relative, Ramu, told the BBC.
"He tried every cure for his ailment but could not be rid of his disability.
"On the advice of an astrologer and others, he decided to marry a bitch to get cured. Then we arranged Selvakumar's marriage with a bitch."

Old November 14, 2007, 09:57 PM
Cricket Legend

yea was just reading this news few hours ago (a friend posted it on facebook). Whats new, Men marry 'bitches' so often nowadays......heh....

with jokes aside, I really think the media should have emphasized on the fact that these are superstitions. Instead its more like an entertainment for the upper class.... which is indeed sad.....
Old November 15, 2007, 02:48 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
shahriyar aar kabir er prem ekhon global news.. bhalo bhalo! Ami gelam.... My job is done! Now tonoy er jonno khujte hobe....hmmm
ekta paap er jonno akho no shasti? Bhule jete paren na?
Old November 15, 2007, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
are you sure asif bhai???

thats just stupid.. kisu kisu manush bidheshe giye desher naamtai kharap kore dei..

ekhon erokom kisur jonno aro hazar hazar manusher oshob deshe jaowa hobe na...
heh, nothing to get excited about. when i said "steal them away" i meant sweep them off their feet with their good looks, charm and other physical characteristics - all positive attributes. of course, that's not the reason they kick us out - i was joking.
Old November 15, 2007, 10:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Wish the man and his "biach" a happy married life.
Shobai bolen amin.
Old November 15, 2007, 12:13 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
I don't even see the entry of the tunnel.
I didnt even know that Pakistan have a tunnel.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old November 15, 2007, 02:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Beauty contestants barred from Brazil training
Agence France-Presse . Rio de Janeiro

A group of 26 beauty contestants were prevented from watching the Brazil football team train this week.
The young women were said to be particularly keen on getting a glimpse of this year’s favourite to land the European Footballer of the Year award, AC Milan’s Kaka.
However the backroom staff of coach Dunga did not allow them access to the training facilities, though they remained behind the perimeter fence shouting encouragement to the players.
Old December 13, 2007, 10:35 AM
Cricket Guru

While the discussion is going on about Hassan Askari in the other thread, here's something you might want to read.

Quote:
Dad charged after daughter killed in clash over hijab

TORONTO -- A Mississauga, Ont., cab driver has been charged with the murder of his 16-year-old daughter, who was attacked in the family home after clashing with her strict Muslim family over whether or not to wear the hijab, the traditional Islamic head scarf for women.
Muhammad Parvez, 57, was charged after his daughter Aqsa Parvez died in hospital late Monday.
The victim's older brother Waqas Parvez, was charged with obstructing police in connection with the girl's death.
Police were called to a home in Mississauga early Monday morning by a man who told 911 operators that he had killed his daughter.
Full article: National Post

Read the followup article, by two Muslim authors.

Quote:
The deadly face of Muslim extremism

The tragic death of a Mississauga, Ont., teenage girl -- allegedly at the hands of her own traditionally minded Muslim father -- has sent shock waves across the world. Canadians are justified in raising concerns as to whether this is a sign of the rise of Islamic fundamentalism in their own backyard.

Aqsa Parvez, a sprightly 16-year-old, beloved of her friends and peers at Applewood Heights Secondary School, was only trying to be herself, was only wishing for a normal adolescence amid Canada's rich cultural mosaic. Her father has now been charged with murder, and his son with obstruction, while a young life has been snuffed out -- likely in the name of honour and Islam.

Radical Muslim men consider themselves ultimately responsible for the conduct of the womenfolk. This outlook is rooted in a medieval ethos that treats women as nonpersons, unable to decide for themselves what they should wear, where they must go and what they must accomplish in life. If their conduct is seen as contravening this austere religious outlook, they are invariably subjected to abuse.
Full article: National Post

Want to get some insights into how people portray Islam as? Read the comments here:

Naitonal post discussion forum

This is plain disgusting. The media will play its part, and ridicule us. My wife was at a parlous yesterday where someone asked her "is your dad like that too?"

That's what we get. Every Muslim is different. I've seen more hijabi girls in Toronto than in Bangladesh. It shows how different people can be. Look at a Lebanese girl, and compare her with a girl from Pakistan...are all Pakistanis the same? Do they all wear hijab? Compare them with Irani and Iraqi girls. Iraqi girls don't wear hijab in most cases. Does that get portrayed in the media?

When you guys are going overboard with the news of Hassan Askari, keep in mind what the media is trying to do here.
Old December 13, 2007, 10:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

so Kabir Bhai your logic is to only discuss about the bad things that media is reporting about muslims and stay silent on the good news one? I don't get your logic. Either you are self destructive or you have other motive. I always email good news like this to my boss who is bush blind follower and only watches FOX. and which makes him think oh they have the other side too(and that's the way they role). And this was my point of putting it in the other thread.

BTW if you haven't noticed this candian news is posted in three different threads and it has it own thread too. so look whats happening in a forum where most of us are muslims but we r spreading the bad things more where this things might not have anything to do being a muslim (just like the other one)...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught