facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 27, 2007, 04:27 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: They betrayed us
Default Invite Windies to Bangladesh!

Firstly, I want to state that I simply didn’t open this thread for mere discussions about envisaging the results for a Bangladesh-West Indies contest, but instead talking about the genuine possibilities for the tour of West Indies to Bangladesh this August. I am not sure whether any members of Banglacricket has direct links or connections with high BCB officials, but aware of the fact of the popularity of this website and that this site is visited by many notable characters. So I am a bit hopeful about my thoughts. Coming to the point, I think WI can tour Bangladesh the coming August for two tests, two 20-20s, and three ODIs. WI does not have any fixtures In August 2007, so is the case with Bangladesh as well, hence I guess this tour can be easily fit in the whole month of August. I know there’s going to be heavy downpour of rainfall during that period of time, but I am sure fans back home would be elated if this tour is arranged. Moreover, the last time WI won a test was 2 years back, and the last overseas test they won was way back in 2000! My conjecture is that the WICB and their players can be lured by this offer from BCB, as they would think of gaining this opportunity to improve on their dismal records of late, but in fact, the contest would be much closer and exciting than the ‘outsiders’ may think. I am very serious about this matter and not fabricating any jokes, hence I voiced my opinion in June itself, as I understand it will not be easy to negotiate and arrange everything in a short span of time, since the relationship between the WICB and WIPA has besmirched. Who knows we can achieve our first ‘real’ test victory before the 20-20 WC?
Old June 27, 2007, 04:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Yeh that would be great all matches would be a WASHOUT.

We can easiy win a test match if the match is reduced to two hours and we have ash and mash batting a fiery innings
Old June 27, 2007, 04:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

i think it would be a good idea to call windies in november...
Old June 27, 2007, 04:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: They betrayed us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Naf

We can easiy win a test match if the match is reduced to two hours and we have ash and mash batting a fiery innings
Alright, I guess I've opened a useless thread.
Mods, close this thread, before it turns into a mockery.
Thanks.
Old June 27, 2007, 04:37 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

I think it wouldnt be possible in such a short period of time. I wonder after completing a long english tour they wont agree to tour south asia just before the 20-20 world cup.
Its not a cricket season in Bangladesh also
Old June 27, 2007, 04:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
i think it would be a good idea to call windies in november...
we are goin to New Zealand in november....
Old June 27, 2007, 04:51 PM
Banned

but NZ would be in south africa in November

source: http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/newz...plate=schedule
Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
we are goin to New Zealand in november....
Old June 27, 2007, 04:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:

hey man NEVER GET COCKY, even if we ever become the #1 test team in the world. it could always go the other way around.

on 2nd thoughts we should play the indies next year or so cause i think we might play new zealand this late november/december.
Old June 27, 2007, 04:57 PM
Cricket Guru

England is an excellent test team, so losing to england doesn't necessarily ensure that they will easily crumble to Bangladesh
Old June 27, 2007, 04:59 PM
Banned

England is not an EXCELLENT test team. They lost the Ashes 5-0 in this very year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifat
England is an excellent test team, so losing to england doesn't necessarily ensure that they will easily crumble to Bangladesh

Last edited by sandpiper; June 27, 2007 at 05:55 PM..
Old June 27, 2007, 05:46 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Current Widies team are still a bit better then BD but only by little Margin they have 3 good batsman and few average fast bowler. I can see Bangladesh do well against them unfortunately according ICC FTP we dont play with WI till 2009
Old June 27, 2007, 06:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo1974
Current Widies team are still a bit better then BD but only by little Margin they have 3 good batsman and few average fast bowler. I can see Bangladesh do well against them unfortunately according ICC FTP we dont play with WI till 2009
a lot can change until 2009, right?
Old June 27, 2007, 06:13 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifat
a lot can change until 2009, right?
Yeah WI can get even weaker and BD can get even stronger
Old June 27, 2007, 06:16 PM
Banned

shhhhhhhhhh.....amader batsmen ra shune felbe
Quote:
Yeah WI can get even weaker and BD can get even stronger
Old June 28, 2007, 12:54 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Quote:
Guys,

West indies's only weak point is their bowling. Otherwise they are fine. And please do not dream even in your dream that we will beat them.
Old June 28, 2007, 01:02 AM

Like we always do, it ( BD ) will help WI to regain their from back, no doubt.
Old June 28, 2007, 01:15 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

Quote:

Ha!
Old June 28, 2007, 01:54 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by israr
Firstly, I want to state that I simply didn’t open this thread for mere discussions about envisaging the results for a Bangladesh-West Indies contest, but instead talking about the genuine possibilities for the tour of West Indies to Bangladesh this August. I am not sure whether any members of Banglacricket has direct links or connections with high BCB officials, but aware of the fact of the popularity of this website and that this site is visited by many notable characters. So I am a bit hopeful about my thoughts. Coming to the point, I think WI can tour Bangladesh the coming August for two tests, two 20-20s, and three ODIs. WI does not have any fixtures In August 2007, so is the case with Bangladesh as well, hence I guess this tour can be easily fit in the whole month of August. I know there’s going to be heavy downpour of rainfall during that period of time, but I am sure fans back home would be elated if this tour is arranged. Moreover, the last time WI won a test was 2 years back, and the last overseas test they won was way back in 2000! My conjecture is that the WICB and their players can be lured by this offer from BCB, as they would think of gaining this opportunity to improve on their dismal records of late, but in fact, the contest would be much closer and exciting than the ‘outsiders’ may think. I am very serious about this matter and not fabricating any jokes, hence I voiced my opinion in June itself, as I understand it will not be easy to negotiate and arrange everything in a short span of time, since the relationship between the WICB and WIPA has besmirched. Who knows we can achieve our first ‘real’ test victory before the 20-20 WC?

Off season in bd and fixture just b4 the 20-20 wc, are the main two reasons it's not going to happen. And it's tuff to plan a fixture with a month's short notice
Old June 28, 2007, 04:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib; Tamim; Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpiper
shhhhhhhhhh.....amader batsmen ra shune felbe
hahaha... love that one!!!
Old June 28, 2007, 04:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Shakib

nooo please no more cricket for bangladesh.. they are already having enough cricket.. the next thing we want is bangladesh's test status being taken away and odi status as well!!!! (is that even possible)
Old June 28, 2007, 04:34 AM
First Class Cricketer

Playing WI would a very good idea...
Old June 28, 2007, 09:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Charlie Chaplin

# 14 is classy humor while #20 is ironically funny and exertion of frustration of an exuberant fan.

For the thread I would say do not play West Indies right now. Beside its inability to fall within the current fixture of ICC IMHO other than planning International test series we make it hard for our players to get a place in the national team. We start a hard prolong domestic tournament and make every player to take part in it and ensure that only proven performers will be screened out for the national team.
Old June 28, 2007, 09:24 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

We should try to arrange some sort of tri-series with Ireland and Netherlands....I think it might be surprisingly competitive.
Old June 29, 2007, 10:43 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:

Old June 29, 2007, 06:30 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by israr
I liked your idea. I have already mentioned in another thread about playing WI at present time. We will perform better against the Windies and that would be moral boosting for the young tigers .