facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 12, 2007, 01:46 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammed Ashraful
Default This really hurts Bangladesh

This Series ... our first 3 test series

1st test: 86 & 250
2nd test: 62 & 299
3rd test: 131 & ?

It has rained more than bangladesh has batted in the 1st innings in all 3 tests ... This hurts b'desh really badly now no one will want to play 3 tests against bdesh. Are we too arrogant? since our World Cup success. We havent scored over 300 in 5 innings. Many questions to ask.... Our Coach, Our Experienced players, Our willness to play for the team... Our critics will be on our back again about stripping our test status and how can we fix it?

Old July 12, 2007, 01:52 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib,riad,rajib

our board should do if player doesnt play good just dont give them no money .then we can do more well in test cricket
Old July 12, 2007, 01:53 AM
Test Cricketer

I think there is something that might hurt even more.....thats the total number of losses compared to the total number of wins and draws. I think the board should declare an official crisis and emergency situation.
Old July 12, 2007, 02:54 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Rasel, Mortaza, Ashraful

People will be saying "Why ICC gave Bangladesh Test Status" which isn't very good and we might not be a test playing country any more.
Old July 12, 2007, 03:18 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Lara

I see a great improve of the team's performance. After the first test, they took it lightly as a 'once in a while' event. So, the double digit was repeated in the second test also.

Afterwards, the team management and the players were quite aware of the situation and they did everything they could. Even a star batsman named Tushar Imran was drafted in to the side. Even tafter he early demise of the great Golla, a super-star named Shahriar Nafees took the responsibility in his shoulder. He scored a magnificent 29 in tough stormy conditions, many others provided him able support and at the end we finished the innings on 131. Our little master Mushfiqur Rahim was still in the crease and like Pilot, he was going to score a double century, if the others did not think that 131 was enough to kill the poor Sri Lanka.

So, now I am very very happy. We have added one digit more to the team total as well as to most of the players' individual scores. Well-done tigers.
Old July 12, 2007, 03:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Shakib

hmm atleast we scored 3 digits.. isnt that good enough? i know we have scored 400 something before.. but unlike the aussies we dont play test every year, so it makes sense for us to suck at tests!!!
Old July 12, 2007, 04:19 AM
Cricket Legend

BCB should send some of our cricketers to county cricket, domestic cricket in bangladesh is not much developed so the players cant improve much thats the reason for our bad performances in test matches.
Old July 12, 2007, 06:36 AM
ODI Cricketer

first of all da money system has to be changed. the playas at da moment r being payed the same for winning and loosing their matches, so y would a playa want to play out der hearts if they can jus go out for a duk and be payed the same weather they win or loose. their has to be more bonusses like more money for every 50, 100 a batsmen scores or for a bowla how many wicketrs he manges to take, dat way players will have somefink there for dem to perfrom for.

secondly our young playas like tamim, sakib and so on should be shipped to county cricket, cos at da moment i dont see any drastic changes being made for our domestic cricket now.

and finally our batsmen should have sessions with sports phsycologists and try to stop the "mad rushes of blood" they all have
Old July 12, 2007, 07:29 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Hurt? What do you mean by hurt? The players are now torturing us regularly.
Old July 12, 2007, 07:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Bangladesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer
I think there is something that might hurt even more.....thats the total number of losses compared to the total number of wins and draws. I think the board should declare an official crisis and emergency situation.
One thing many overlooks that many of the drawn matches India, Kiwi, Zims played were actually four day matches. And that was before the advent of One Day Int stuff. They (particularly, India) were mentally prepared to play slow and defensive game and, perhaps, mostly played for a draw. Where else, BD boys came straight from ODIs with hardly any First Class experience behind them. We have only been playing FC for last seven years. Also, by the time BD came into the scene the game have changed radiaclly from the turn of the centuries!

Just some thoughts in defense of our boys.
Old July 12, 2007, 08:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Bangladesh

BTW, the debacle in this series is directly related to not playing any Test cricket for 13 months!! ...We have plyed Australia in Aus and have taken the game to the last day, before. We also came a cat's whiskers away of pulling of the biggest upset in the entire history of the game at Fathulla in 2005.
Old July 12, 2007, 08:18 AM
BC Editorial Team

I read an opinion in another board which argues that a good World Cup actually hurt Bangladesh, as they assumed that they have caught up with the rest of the teams and chose to rest on their laurels.
Old July 12, 2007, 08:34 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

ha ha nafees the top scorer. yay! wow this is pathetic
Old July 12, 2007, 08:47 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
One thing many overlooks that many of the drawn matches India, Kiwi, Zims played were actually four day matches. And that was before the advent of One Day Int stuff. They (particularly, India) were mentally prepared to play slow and defensive game and, perhaps, mostly played for a draw. Where else, BD boys came straight from ODIs with hardly any First Class experience behind them. We have only been playing FC for last seven years. Also, by the time BD came into the scene the game have changed radiaclly from the turn of the centuries!

Just some thoughts in defense of our boys.
The arguments do make sense....but teams have to face the initial challenges and these challenges do vary with time. The question is, whether Bangladesh has made enough progress since they started playing test cricket. And the simple answer is- NO. I am not saying that results or stats are the only way of finding out improvement. What I am missing badly is the temparament. The mentality is so un-test like. They start every match assuming they are gonna lose. I want to see that effort put into place. Unfortunately, its missing.
Old July 12, 2007, 08:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Batsmen gula shob amader dubailo..amader aei akta chance chilo to come back in test ....akon amader ar test beshi khelte dibena...
Old July 12, 2007, 09:07 AM
Test Cricketer

Its not only a mental problem...basically its our lack of ability to survive for longer time.....
Old July 12, 2007, 09:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer
...The mentality is so un-test like...
Late teens, early 20's. The boys don't have enough FC games under their belt. What more do you expect? Add no test in strech of 13 months. (now you agree the approach of two different type of games are different, right?)

For those who think wins - losses and draws:

Thanks BanCricFan. Just a minor addition. India usually played 3 day tests at England and lost big time there in the early days.

Test # 219 (219/1)
England v India, 1932, Only Test
Lord's, London
25,27,28 June 1932 (3-day match)

Result: England won by 158 runs
England wins the one-off Test

------------------------------------------

Test # 252
England v India, 1936, 1st Test
Lord's, London
27,29,30 June 1936 (3-day match)

Result: England won by 9 wickets
England leads the 3-Test series 1-0

-----------------------------------------

Test # 253
England v India, 1936, 2nd Test
Old Trafford, Manchester
25,27,28 July 1936 (3-day match)

Result: Match drawn

Now do you think this would be a drawn test had it been a five day match. Heck 4 day match?

----------------------------------------

Test # 254
England v India, 1936, 3rd Test
Kennington Oval, London
15,17,18 August 1936 (3-day match)

Result: England won by 9 wickets
England wins the 3-Test series 2-0

----------------------------------------

Test # 276 (276/8)
England v India, 1946, 1st Test
Lord's, London
22,24,25 June 1946 (3-day match)

Result: England won by 10 wickets
------------------------------------

Test # 277 (277/9)
England v India, 1946, 2nd Test
Old Trafford, Manchester
20,22,23 July 1946 (3-day match)

-------------------------------------

Test # 278 (278/10)
England v India, 1946, 3rd Test
Kennington Oval, London
17,19,20 August 1946 (3-day match)

England wins the 3-Test series 1-0

I can keep going but I think this should be enough.

From the above stats now India's 131 loss and 183 draws seems to me a little padded.

or

BD's win-loss stat should be revised and calculated for only first three day performance. That would comparing apples vs apples stat. Not apple vs oranges.
Old July 12, 2007, 09:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

To me S de Silva is the worst Sri Lankan pace bowler I have ever seen playing test cricket for Sri Lanka. I did not find anything in his bowling almost similar to our Rasel (who even cannot make Bangladesh test team). This de Silva guy got wickets of Ashraful and Tusher who are supposed to be our two best bat. This is unacceptable - flushing outside off stamp when team is struggling!!

The theory of BD batsmen is that they cannot defend so they hit! (novice). I know there is no difference between Nafees, Nafis, Imran, Basher ,.... selectors please get rid of that arrogant Nafees (he is our future captain who can get out twice in a same manner to Murali )!!

With only three test class players (Ash, Rahim, Mashrafee), we should not expect good result from BD.

BTW congratulations for scoring over 100!!
Old July 12, 2007, 09:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Ah!! another thing I might add. In 1946 when they were still losing inside the 3 days India had already played test cricket for 14 years. We have gone only 7 years. Can we have a little patience?

So "no"; this don't hurt at all.
Old July 12, 2007, 10:07 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Late teens, early 20's. The boys don't have enough FC games under their belt. What more do you expect? Add no test in strech of 13 months. (now you agree the approach of two different type of games are different, right?)

For those who think wins - losses and draws:

Thanks BanCricFan. Just a minor addition. India usually played 3 day tests at England and lost big time there in the early days.

Test # 219 (219/1)
England v India, 1932, Only Test
Lord's, London

Test # 252
England v India, 1936, 1st Test
Lord's, London
are nt those matches played before india's independance and at a time when the country had other challenges than watching or playing cricket? even bd was a part of ind i think that time..also batters did nt have the luxury of helmets and other pads those days, bowlers had the upper hand unlike 2day.(just take out helmets in 2days game and see what happens).also ind did nt have a cricket following in the 30s, 40s or 60s at all, hockey was the more popular game..and yes if u want to compare apples with apples compare the first 50 5 day test matches ind played with that of bd's.
Old July 12, 2007, 10:13 AM
Cricket Legend

It took 40 years for new zealand to win their first test match and we only played for seven years and new zealands lowest score is only 26 yet ours is 62.
Old July 12, 2007, 10:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

I don't see where this thread is going? If you guys want to cover up or justify our failure by comparing with other team's failure then why strive for success at all?

The simple fact is we are not made for test, not yet at least. Talent we have, but talent only takes you up there but it's temperament that makes you stay. Once in a blue moon, or Eider Chad, success can make us proud, but that is short lived. So don't be hurt, just accept the reality and keep working hard.
Old July 12, 2007, 10:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

India took 20 years to achieve their first ever test victory. They got test status in 1932 and their first victory in test arena came in 1952 against England.

Pakistan managed to record their first ever win within a mere two years in 1954.

1930 The West Indies, at Bourda, won their ever Test match when England were beaten by 289 runs. They got their test status in 1928.
Old July 12, 2007, 02:43 PM
Cricket Sage

This really hurts ...

Where?
Old July 12, 2007, 02:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
This really hurts ...

Where?
In the a**.