facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 29, 2015, 04:38 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Everyone calm down. Ajke hoise ki shobar.
Roja lagsey. Will zip it.
Old June 29, 2015, 04:41 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ash,SalmanBut,Asif etc.

However my intention to reopen this thread was never to down Junaid or someone else.
I just wanted to show that many times we actually made large talks about certain player that has gone into opposite direction. By this I am not saying we should never hype someone. Even I used to over hype Aftab Ahmed back in 2005/6. (Mainly due to his 89 knock in ENG).
But it has seen in the past that most of the Players whom people thought to be different than others(Take this PoSitvely plz..) were actually more failed in terms of success.

So nowadays people over hyping certain players are not wrong at all. But if they also fail..it's not the first time. So it was like 'It happened before..it can happen again'. No need to feel extra regret about Litton, Anamul or even Mominul(Odis). (If they fail)
Old June 29, 2015, 04:44 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I see TE's point though.. why there needs to be Pakistani infront for Junaid Siddoque? What is the relation of his ancestry with anything? Plus if you know your history then there is ample reason to be offended.
Old June 29, 2015, 07:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

BTW Ataher's mom is/was a pakistani, living in pakistan (he used to travel back to pakistan to see her). So? Does he love any less his country then you and I? Take That

Beside Zunaid was born and brought up in bd so why did you tried to mark him as pakistani? It shows ill effort from your part and trying to get readers on your side with cheap shot.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Old June 29, 2015, 07:40 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
If anyone calls you "Pakistani TigerBhai" or "Indian TigerBhai" will you not be offended? We are all Bangladeshis here. So is Zunaed. Give him his dignity. Reread his post.

Zunaed has represented Bangladesh just fine.
In the context of the post, its quite evident that not much thought went into the insertion of the word Pakistani, and much less any intention of using it as a pejorative. Maybe read it one more time trying to avoid the Collective Paranoia we as a nation suffer from at the mention of anything to do with India and Pakistan.
Old June 29, 2015, 09:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

he had pathetic techniques. could not play anything away from his body. atrocious at playing bouncers. he did have a decent avg and stats despite his limited ability.
Old June 29, 2015, 09:31 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBhai
In the context of the post, its quite evident that not much thought went into the insertion of the word Pakistani,...
You are so wrong. It was 100% intentional then. Would you UNINTENTIONALLY call anyone Pakistani who is not? Why was there a need of that to begin with? Would you need wiki confirmation to state a wrong, right? Be rational. "Dear Master" has said sorry and that is good enough for me. You on the other hand are trying to prolong by arguing on shallow grounds.
Old June 29, 2015, 09:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

calm down brothers. Eid is coming soon and hope we all can hug one another on that day
Old June 29, 2015, 09:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

People argued when this thread was opened and the same thing is happening yet again. Kufa thread. Let's just say adios to Zunaed and get the hell out of here folks. And Mods, please close this thread.
Old June 29, 2015, 09:48 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

TE is right. He used "Pakistani" in a provocative way. I noticed it when I read it but I didn't want to get into it, but I'm glad someone did. It wasn't just a peculiar or random. It definitely feels like there were some weird intentioned behind it (and I'd like to know what it is), otherwise why mention it at all? I'm surprised he didn't put a "Hindu" before Kapali, because that's the kind of thing. Bangladesh is barely 50 years old. Most people are likely to be of of Pak-Ind descents. I don't see any reason to bring it up.

No need to close this thread. Things aren't "heating" up. People are just talking. Stop closing threads every time people open their mouth. People who say calm down need to calm down with their telling people to calm down, lol.

As for Big J, holy crap, I just looked at the OP, and he was avg. 22 in domestic before starting Jeesh! What's the hype? At least with LDK he avg 50, so I get the hype. And he looks good playing shots. J's ugly technique is imprinted on my memory.
Old June 29, 2015, 09:52 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I am not going to take your definition of talking dilscoop. You have done nothing but quarrel with people for years now. How to piss people off is an area you can give suggestions. No one is closing this thread though.
Old June 29, 2015, 02:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bhaat

The thing is you simply dont hype a player like that. There is a limit to it. As in this case, it was super exceeded. Its that when the player fails as the most cases, it just turns out bad. You dont have the ability then to judge a good player. Then please dont do it. As simple as that. As a fan you have all the rights but dont be a fool by labelling terms like superstar.
Old June 29, 2015, 02:04 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sabbir R.

A left left hander at #3, gone are the days
Old June 29, 2015, 04:24 PM
BC Editorial Team

Shob gula rey Roja dhorsey.

As for the topic at hand, CONTEXT is king. You have to understand that before Zunaid and Tamim showed up, our openers were puny types like Ehsan or tuk tuk types like Belim. Or one hit and out types like Rokon. We never had Hayden, Gilchrist, Trescothick type blasters up top who could hit for sustained periods and demoralize the opposition pace attack. Then, out of the blue, they showed the Mohammedan vs. Abahoni T20 match and we see ZuSi and TiK hammering sixes in the V with power. It was an eye-opener for many of us. More than anything, we _wanted_, nay _aspired_ for ZuSi to be a big marauding superstar. Looking back though, his best asset was his doggedness. Even with a poor technique he scored a 100 against a full strength England attack. He didn't pan out - but as Dilscoop points out - that is the statistically the most likely outcome for a player. That we hyped him up was because of that mileau in Bangladesh's cricketing development. If he had arrived at the scene right now, now one would pay attention other than the "one for the pipeline" thread.

And erm, let's not label people Pakistani this or that please ...
Old June 29, 2015, 04:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Sohel bhai really did master the art of hyping a player to the extreme. Zunayed and Hom are perfect examples.

Last edited by WarWolf; June 29, 2015 at 05:17 PM..
Old June 29, 2015, 05:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Sohel bhai really did master the art of hyping a player to the extreme. Zunayed and Hom are perfect examples.
Nazimuddin was another one his hyped favs
Old June 29, 2015, 06:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Nazimuddin was another one his hyped favs
With nazim he was overly sarcastic if i remember it right
Old June 30, 2015, 01:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote: