facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 21, 2012, 01:20 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

^^Criticize as much you want, but I "KNOW" after last night you are wearing that t-shirt scrawled JuSi all over it.
Old February 21, 2012, 01:30 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Tbh, it wasn't fluent innings as I though. Farhad dropped him on the boundary. Mustard missed an easy runout chance too to get him out. So have To go with Ajfar bhai here
Old February 21, 2012, 01:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Dont know about Odi or test matches but he is definitely one of the best T20 batsmen in BD . I never doubted his ability as a T20 batsman (thats why he is in my fantasy team). He has some weakness against short pitch bowling like any other BD batsmen but he is one of the few BD batsmen who can pull fast bowlers for six . He can play more than 15 overs like yesterday and he has the technique to do that in T20s . He is also very strong so he does not have to slog to hit sixes like other BD batsmen .If he plays patiently he will always score big in T20s and in other formats too
Old February 21, 2012, 02:08 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Tbh, it wasn't fluent innings as I though. Farhad dropped him on the boundary. Mustard missed an easy runout chance too to get him out. So have To go with Ajfar bhai here
When people talk about fluency of an inn they usually mean how clean was the hitting. I think it's safe to say it was very clean. All 12 boundaries were well timed and struck. And even that drop catch was a clean hit. If the fielder had caught that he'd have had to do really well to stay in bound.
Old February 21, 2012, 02:18 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifat @cri
Dont know about Odi or test matches but he is definitely one of the best T20 batsmen in BD . I never doubted his ability as a T20 batsman (thats why he is in my fantasy team). He has some weakness against short pitch bowling like any other BD batsmen but he is one of the few BD batsmen who can pull fast bowlers for six . He can play more than 15 overs like yesterday and he has the technique to do that in T20s . He is also very strong so he does not have to slog to hit sixes like other BD batsmen .If he plays patiently he will always score big in T20s and in other formats too
It's the fact that they keep bringing in guys that do well in one format to the other. Js started out well in the t20, and got dropped from all formats for bad Test form. If Richard Levi had played for BD, he wouldn't have been leaving NZ next week at end of the T20 series.

Js is good number3 in test. Way ahead if SN, Ash.
Old February 21, 2012, 02:44 AM

Not so long ago, he was regarded as best one down TEST player for BD, now all of a sudden best T20 man?!? We fans are as clueless as he is.
Old February 21, 2012, 02:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Not so long ago, he was regarded as best one down TEST player for BD, now all of a sudden best T20 man?!? We fans are as clueless as he is.
He is still the best one down test player and was always one of the best t20 batsmen . He has better record in int T20s than most other BD batsmen

His Int. T20 stats : 5 innings - 134 runs - 26.80 avg - 159.52 strike rate - 71 is his highest against Pakistan

I think he has the best avg. and strike rate in Int. T20 matches among BD batsmen . The selectors are clueless . They dropped siddique from Test and T20 based on his Odi performance
Old February 21, 2012, 03:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shk/Mus/Momi/Nas/Mas/Rub

I have been always bit critic to his bat lifting technique for last few years, but yesterday the way he played it seems that he did some hard work on that issue and played really well, also I'm fan of such kind of players who are bit aggressive batsman. I enjoyed his innings yesterday very much. For T20 Imrul is just waste of place, I hope Junaed will take place of Imrul for this version.
Old February 21, 2012, 03:43 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: jayasuria

junaid caught the eye of selectors a long time ago...for his hard hitting batting...he played by the name junaied imroz or something...but he was getting a chance because of his feilding.....he got chance and rest is history...in my opinion he is a much better opener than imrul...although he struggles in odi...but if he had gotten half of the chance imrul got...whoa....apart from his technique he is the best opening batsman in T20...yeah including tamim...and kayes is just a joke in every form of game.......If i had one tenth of his luck i would have been the president of America.....
Old February 21, 2012, 04:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Luka Modric

Quote:
Originally Posted by afzal_ad
junaid caught the eye of selectors a long time ago...for his hard hitting batting...he played by the name junaied imroz or something...but he was getting a chance because of his feilding.....he got chance and rest is history...in my opinion he is a much better opener than imrul...although he struggles in odi...but if he had gotten half of the chance imrul got...whoa....apart from his technique he is the best opening batsman in T20...yeah including tamim...and kayes is just a joke in every form of game.......If i had one tenth of his luck i would have been the president of America.....
Kayes is not a joke. He has a good technique and is probably the best ODI batsman for Bangladesh when he gets going. He has an ability to convert his starts. Did anyone see his innings for Bangladesh against England in the World Cup and also against Australia? I would only put Kayes in the ODI team.

As for Junaed he played an innings that most Bangladeshi's could not. We should not get carried away but at least we know he can strike the ball really well and can score. He certainly is one of the best t20 batsmen in Bangladesh.

We need to nurture him.
Old February 21, 2012, 06:13 AM
Cricket Legend

It's a tragedy Zunaed was dropped from the Test team for Shahriar Nafees (the most over-rated player in the history of BD cricket) after the year he had in 2010. Century v England, 50s v England in England. He also consumed the most deliveries that year showing his resilience. He was the ideal one-down and yet he was dropped for khocha-master.

As for T20s, even before this innings I think he had the highest SR for a BD batsmen. He is excellent in the Powerplays as he can clear the infield with ease. I'm glad he has proved his nay-sayers wrong.
Old February 21, 2012, 06:59 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: jayasuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Kayes is not a joke. He has a good technique and is probably the best ODI batsman for Bangladesh when he gets going. He has an ability to convert his starts. Did anyone see his innings for Bangladesh against England in the World Cup and also against Australia? I would only put Kayes in the ODI team.

As for Junaed he played an innings that most Bangladeshi's could not. We should not get carried away but at least we know he can strike the ball really well and can score. He certainly is one of the best t20 batsmen in Bangladesh.

We need to nurture him.
With due respect.....kayes is a joke...he is most lucky guy Ive ever seen.....he has got a decent technique...most of his run comes from edge...If u check his stats he gets out very often after the powerplay is over....with a strike rate slightly over 60.....and if I am not mistaken...he scores odd 30 runs in nearly every game...what is the point playing 60 balls of pp scoring half and throwing your wicket......most of the time...he is reason for failure of number 3 batsman....he puts enormous pressure on them....and remember his 7 or 5 runs of 42 balls against Australia....?...he should be playing only domestic cricket....And again this my personal opinion...no offense intended.....
Old February 21, 2012, 07:14 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Junaid is always a good option for T20s & Tests,
he can be very patient as we have seen in Tests,got plenty half centuries against many top teams, also ahundred vs Eng.
he can also be very aggressive as a T20 batsman.
but for some reason he didn't succeed much in ODIs and that's where Kaedge is different.

So if I were a selector I would give him a long run for T20s & Tests, and keep Kaedge only for ODIs.
Old February 21, 2012, 08:32 AM
Cricket Legend

This guys got potential. Decent technique, strong arms and shoulders which allow him to do big hitting. Only thing about him is he doesnt place a value on his wicket-throws it away far too often. Another flaw he has is lack of intelligence. Plays the wrong shots, doesnt read the situation well. Hope our coach can help him sort this out
Old February 21, 2012, 08:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol

We need to nurture him.
Kayes's biggest problem is his inability to convert. Too many 20's and 30's. Woeful in tests
Old February 21, 2012, 09:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
With due respect.....kayes is a joke...he is most lucky guy Ive ever seen.....he has got a decent technique...most of his run comes from edge...If u check his stats he gets out very often after the powerplay is over....with a strike rate slightly over 60.....and if I am not mistaken...he scores odd 30 runs in nearly every game...what is the point playing 60 balls of pp scoring half and throwing your wicket......most of the time...he is reason for failure of number 3 batsman....he puts enormous pressure on them....and remember his 7 or 5 runs of 42 balls against Australia....?...he should be playing only domestic cricket....And again this my personal opinion...no offense intended.....
He scored a run-a-ball 96-odd the next match. You've mentioned a few of the cons associated with someone like Imrul, but you've got to have noticed the handful of man-of-the-match awards he has received in games we've won, surely. He can be decent against good pace when he puts the effort in, and he's a very good spin player. He's not the best we have, had, or will have, but he's been doing a good job partnering his more aggressive teammates, such as Tamim. Right now, I think he should stick around in the ODI format until we groom someone like Anamul Haque or Asif Ahmed to take his place.

- Benjamin Franklin
Old February 21, 2012, 09:30 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Whatever is his technique, IK scored runs and was a crucial member of the opening partnership for sometime. IK got chance because he was delivering even with poor technique.

Junaid didn't get that less chances as you are making it to be. He failed repeatedly with good technique than IK and that's the fact. Now let's wait and see if it's real Junaid or JunEid innings that he played yesterday, before Making him a superstar. I hope he turns out to be superstar, he has all the ingredients to be one and he is Also a decent guy by nature.

If he can continue like this, we will solve the problem of our number 3 slot, in both ODI and Test.... Well he has just bought his T20 position I guess.
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old February 21, 2012, 10:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

looks so simple on paper, 1 openenr is good for ODIs and the other for tests and t20s. tao koto jhamela!
Old February 21, 2012, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
looks so simple on paper, 1 openenr is good for ODIs and the other for tests and t20s. tao koto jhamela!
And the other opener is a good for nothing?

Sorry - the temptation was too great.
Old February 21, 2012, 02:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Kayes's biggest problem is his inability to convert. Too many 20's and 30's. Woeful in tests
When he scores 40's he goes to score 90's. He has scored a couple of 90's. When Kayes made a run a ball 96 against Australia he was playing superbly and was timing the ball well with good shots especially some good cover drives.

I rate him highly only for ODI's. He hasnt got the patience for test and cant tonk when it comes to T20.

Hes a good player and we should be thankful for some of the innings he played. If im not correct after the pakistan series he played a couple of odi matches against the England Lions and if i recall he scored two 50's and a 90. When hes on a role he plays really nice shots which is a treat to watch.

Kayes i hope you prove ur haters wrong.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old February 21, 2012, 04:14 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

oh please just cuz junaed scored a 89 in one innings doesnt make him a superstar...im sorry to all his fans but he was never a hero and he wont be
Old February 21, 2012, 06:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

I see people are pointing out Junaid's weaknesses in ODIs. I agree that 23 average looks really bad, especially for a top order batsman but if you guys don't remember, Junaid had a really poor start to his ODI career. As you see in my old posts, he averaged a 13 around the time he started. So for him to move it from 13 to a 23 is actually not bad. Also his average is a lot higher at #3, which is a 28.81 in ODI's and a 32 in Tests.

He had a very solid year in 2010 where he averaged a 35.5 with a SR of a 75.4 with a century and four half centuries and in tests he had an average of a 34.66 with a century and three half centuries. Also scored all these runs in a very important position at #3. It was great to see that we finally had a solid #3 and he looked so much better then Aftab and Ash who were our previous #3's.

Unfortunately he had a poor World Cup but so did all our batsmen. What was the most disappointing was how he didn't take his chance in the Zimbabwe tour. SN had struggled at the #3 spot and Junaid had 2 chances to prove himself but didn't. Then in the BCB Cup and the WI A team tour he didn't score enough and was rightfully not taken for the WI and Pakistan tours.

Having said all that, we still have a glaring hole at #3. SN has been performing really poorly ever since he scored the 97 against Pakistan. Ash has shown he's also not the answer and then Jahurul has not looked good at all in the BPL. So I do believe he has a very good shot at getting a spot in the Asia Cup and cement his place at #3 once and for all.

I believe he does have what it takes to be a class batsman at this level. He's a big strong guy who is a clean hitter. The key for him is to learn how to use the middle gears more often. He either plays too quickly or too defensively. He needs to rotate the strike better so that he doesn't get bogged down and play an unnecessary shot. If he can do that then he can be a very classy #3.
Old February 21, 2012, 07:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Both Shahriar Nafees and Junaid Siddique should keep away from the ODI team for heavens sake. Junaid, along with the sir AShraful, does not have a clue how to pace the innings as previously mentioned. In ODI it is so important to be able to switch gears. Don't let this fluke innings deceive you. He had his chances for the entire time while the other J.S (Jamie Siddons) was at business. I want someone like nasir to play up the order(I know people will say again that he is not ready etc. but face it, he has to come up today or tomorrow, why not persist with him and let him make that spot his own). As clearly the BPL indicates he is not your slog hitter but rather someone who can repair the innings and play run a ball type innings. Instead I would like the likes of Shabbir or milon take his spot at no 6 or 7.

However T20 is team I am considering to give a few chances to "discards" here and there. Junaid should play at 3. He should also be considered for Tests if he can hold his place from Nafees.
Old February 22, 2012, 12:17 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

this is the pronblem with BD supporter just one innings and you are speaking highly off him he was given chance in national squad he could not do much back then why talk about him now if that is so *** n fool plays one innings in a blue moon he is not talented in my eyes .. also.. Bd players still are lagging behind international standards
Old February 22, 2012, 01:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerEz
oh please just cuz junaed scored a 89 in one innings doesnt make him a superstar...im sorry to all his fans but he was never a hero and he wont be
Please respect him for the innings he played. If he works on consistency then we will see a different Junaed Siddque.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)