facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #526  
Old November 20, 2012, 04:18 AM
Zunaid Zunaid is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: January 22, 2004
Posts: 21,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
Technical note: When you take your bat back behind you on your back swing, it means you come AROUND your body - making most shots slightly across the line and the head go to the off side, whilst 'planting' your front foot. This is an error you would correct in children and young players.

It can result in not being able to get to the short ball targeted at your body very easily and also hitting around straight balls.

You can work out for yourself if this is where JS is....
You are not supposed to know these things. You are only a bowling coach.
Reply With Quote
  #527  
Old November 20, 2012, 04:20 AM
Dilscoop Dilscoop is offline
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC
 
Join Date: March 22, 2010
Location: @Dilcommissioner
Posts: 10,768

^ ha-ha that joke is funny because it's old.
Reply With Quote
  #528  
Old November 20, 2012, 04:21 AM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Luka Modric
Posts: 5,377

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
I hope you are also wrong about Nazza!
He has always been dead serious about Nazza.
Reply With Quote
  #529  
Old November 20, 2012, 04:48 AM
Zunaid Zunaid is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: January 22, 2004
Posts: 21,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
^ ha-ha that joke is funny because it's old.
Given my age, it's appropriate.
Reply With Quote
  #530  
Old November 20, 2012, 04:49 AM
Zunaid Zunaid is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: January 22, 2004
Posts: 21,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
He has always been dead serious about Nazza.
Nazza-u-billah. I seriously hope my buddy is wrong once again.
Reply With Quote
  #531  
Old November 20, 2012, 04:57 AM
Dilscoop Dilscoop is offline
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC
 
Join Date: March 22, 2010
Location: @Dilcommissioner
Posts: 10,768

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Given my age, it's appropriate.
I said old, not ancient ...
Reply With Quote
  #532  
Old November 20, 2012, 05:03 AM
Crisis Crisis is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: March 19, 2011
Posts: 1,096

So, across 5 years, Zunaid has become a superflop from a superstar ?
Reply With Quote
  #533  
Old November 20, 2012, 05:09 AM
Dilscoop Dilscoop is offline
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC
 
Join Date: March 22, 2010
Location: @Dilcommissioner
Posts: 10,768

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis
So, Zunaid has become a superflop from a superstar ?
No he is happily married with kids. Not sure if he has any bua though. He must, considering how old he is.
Reply With Quote
  #534  
Old November 20, 2012, 05:51 AM
Ian Pont's Avatar
Ian Pont Ian Pont is offline
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach
 
Join Date: February 1, 2011
Posts: 1,351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
You are not supposed to know these things. You are only a bowling coach.
That's true. And damn those specialist surgeons understanding medicine.

In order IMO.. the difficulty in coaching specifics, as a Level 3 Head Coach, out of 10:

Batting 3/10 (it's why everyone does it)
Fielding 4/10 (it's why everyone THINKS they can do it)
Spin Bowling 6/10 (it's why everyone claims they can do it if they bowled it)
Fast Bowling 8/10 (it's why no one ever really does it even if they bowled it)
Wicket Keeping 9/10 (it's why we all leave it alone including those who did it)
Coaching Fans 10/10 (never to be attempted)
__________________
"One day I was thinking, 'Thank God Sehwag was not born in Bangladesh'. If he was, he would have forgotten how to play cricket" - Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #535  
Old November 20, 2012, 06:11 AM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 41,912

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis
So, across 5 years, Zunaid has become a superflop from a superstar ?

When was he a superstar? Just coz someone called him a superstar doesn't make him one

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Reply With Quote
  #536  
Old November 20, 2012, 08:15 AM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 19,643

Sohel bhai er drishti jar upor pore shei dubey jay :p
Shubhogoto Hom,Junaid.
Ekhon dhorse Nazza ke, eto bhalo player ta ekhon shujog paey naki shondeho. :p
__________________
Tea20 is just not our cup of tea.
Reply With Quote
  #537  
Old November 20, 2012, 08:41 AM
Zunaid Zunaid is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: January 22, 2004
Posts: 21,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Sohel bhai er drishti jar upor pore shei dubey jay :p
Shubhogoto Hom,Junaid.
Ekhon dhorse Nazza ke, eto bhalo player ta ekhon shujog paey naki shondeho. :p
Nazza-r upor ulta nazor. Byata dobol century korbe.
Reply With Quote
  #538  
Old November 20, 2012, 08:56 AM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,171

As long as Junaid fails to rectify his flaws, then he will continue to be unsuccessful in international cricket. Maybe he can get away with his flaws in T20I's and wouldn't mind having him there but definitely not for ODIs and Tests.
Reply With Quote
  #539  
Old November 20, 2012, 09:17 AM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 19,643

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Nazza-r upor ulta nazor. Byata dobol century korbe.
ameen !!!!!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)


Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Reply With Quote
  #540  
Old November 20, 2012, 10:16 AM
Crisis Crisis is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: March 19, 2011
Posts: 1,096

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
No he is happily married with kids. Not sure if he has any bua though. He must, considering how old he is.
Sorry, meant Junaid.
I need a bua, How's your inventory ?
Reply With Quote
  #541  
Old November 20, 2012, 10:51 AM
KaaL-PurusH KaaL-PurusH is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 14, 2006
Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared
Posts: 911

I reckon he can't be succesfull against quality fast bowling with his technique & footwork.
Reply With Quote
  #542  
Old November 20, 2012, 11:10 AM
HereWeGo HereWeGo is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 7, 2006
Posts: 2,339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
That's true. And damn those specialist surgeons understanding medicine.

In order IMO.. the difficulty in coaching specifics, as a Level 3 Head Coach, out of 10:

Batting 3/10 (it's why everyone does it)
Fielding 4/10 (it's why everyone THINKS they can do it)
Spin Bowling 6/10 (it's why everyone claims they can do it if they bowled it)
Fast Bowling 8/10 (it's why no one ever really does it even if they bowled it)
Wicket Keeping 9/10 (it's why we all leave it alone including those who did it)
Coaching Fans 10/10 (never to be attempted)


Always a pleasure reading your opinions...

On Topic, An opening batsman for a test playing side should know how to play short pitch bowling. I haven't seen Anamul much except for some of his innings in BPL and in T20's in Zimbabwe. But since you got the chance to observe him as a coach so do you think he is adept at playing short pitch bowling? Also in Africa T20's he really struggled against fast bowling, do you agree with that observation?
Reply With Quote
  #543  
Old November 20, 2012, 12:25 PM
shuziburo's Avatar
shuziburo shuziburo is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Dhaka / NYC Metro Area
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Posts: 9,082
Default Junaid Siddique was never a superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis
So, across 5 years, Zunaid has become a superflop from a superstar ?
How can someone be a superstar if he cannot average over 30 even in FC? You can check his stats here. He was never that good to begin with despite the misguided optimism of some fans and the selectors. Slip fielding used to be his lone strength, but he has lost even that.
__________________
প্রথম বাংলাদেশ আমার শেষ বাংলাদেশ, জীবন বাংলাদেশ আমার মরন বাংলাদেশ।
Reply With Quote
  #544  
Old November 20, 2012, 01:23 PM
Ian Pont's Avatar
Ian Pont Ian Pont is offline
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach
 
Join Date: February 1, 2011
Posts: 1,351

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo


Always a pleasure reading your opinions...

On Topic, An opening batsman for a test playing side should know how to play short pitch bowling. I haven't seen Anamul much except for some of his innings in BPL and in T20's in Zimbabwe. But since you got the chance to observe him as a coach so do you think he is adept at playing short pitch bowling? Also in Africa T20's he really struggled against fast bowling, do you agree with that observation?
He's just a kid - with a ton of talent. He will work it out. Give people time to be great. There's a need in BD to rush them along and then discard them. Anamul could be a special player if he can get his head space right.

Good with the gloves, too. Mushy beware...
__________________
"One day I was thinking, 'Thank God Sehwag was not born in Bangladesh'. If he was, he would have forgotten how to play cricket" - Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #545  
Old November 20, 2012, 01:29 PM
Crisis Crisis is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: March 19, 2011
Posts: 1,096

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
How can someone be a superstar if he cannot average over 30 even in FC? You can check his stats here. He was never that good to begin with despite the misguided optimism of some fans and the selectors. Slip fielding used to be his lone strength, but he has lost even that.
I was just using the "Superstar" title from this 5 year old thread.
Reply With Quote
  #546  
Old November 20, 2012, 02:02 PM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 4,436

Let's look at some stats to put the discussion in perspective. He is a very ordinary player.









Reply With Quote
  #547  
Old November 20, 2012, 10:57 PM
crikss's Avatar
crikss crikss is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 15, 2007
Posts: 2,472

The stat shows he plays better at no 3. Yet team sends him batting opening
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket