facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 10, 2007, 03:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
If Lee, Warne or Vaas could repeated bat at the top order and spend the whole time in nets with batting practice, they would surely score few centuries after playing 38 tests.

Our team will always be full with some no hopers and some jodi-laigga-jai players. BD superstar = jodi-laigga-jai type of players

If you are comparing the batting of lee,vaas and warne to Ashraful's then I must say you have taken pessimism to newer levels !!! I agree he is not a superstar yet in terms of consistently performing, however the comparison you made seems a bit stretchy to me.
Old August 10, 2007, 04:23 AM
Cricket Legend

This thread's gone from Junaed's super-stardom to an Ashraful-bashing thread. Can we move on?

- Benjamin Franklin
Old August 10, 2007, 09:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
This thread's gone from Junaed's super-stardom to an Ashraful-bashing thread. Can we move on?
fank u
ditto
Old August 10, 2007, 10:08 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
It just amazes me how any discussion on any future potentials in BD cricket ends up with Ash bashing ........can we not give this guy a break??
Old August 10, 2007, 10:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali007
Along with zunayed, Imtiaz also played a pivotal role for the Mohammedan's twenty20
championship. Can any body post Imtiaz statistics on that tournament please.
Imitiaz scored most of his runs with pull shots through square legs. It was a stat heavy inning but nothing to write home about. I don't think he'll go too far with his limited ability.

Junaed played all over the park with awesome power and he was hitting safe shots that scorched through the grass. I have never seen any Bangladeshi player hit like that in any level - even for one game. Not Tamim, not Ashraful, not Aftab. They take too much risk.

Whether Junaed becomes a superstar or not is entirely upto him. He needs to have the will power and intelligence. As far as sheer talent is concerned, at least against pacers, he has all the physical tools to be a superstar. He looks very athletic. No reason he can't be a good fielder. He surely has the body and the range. He won't miss some of those catches which sail over our fielders. Only time will tell.

Nice comments Miraz.
Old August 10, 2007, 11:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

You could have one weakness, and all your great batting talent could mean very little in the international level. We saw that with Shahriar Nafees and Nafis Iqbal. Tamim may follow the same road. All of them have to grow a lot to make it big. We don't know enough about Junaed's weaknesses.

What should be the definition of calling a kid "a future superstar"? There is never any guarantee. Even McInnes's prediction about future superstar "Shamsul", who had it all, isn't looking too good now.

Its all upto the individual player. Meanwhile, we deserve to get excited. Don't we? Its more fun to be optimistic than pessimistic.
Old August 10, 2007, 12:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
If Lee, Warne or Vaas could repeated bat at the top order and spend the whole time in nets with batting practice, they would surely score few centuries after playing 38 tests.

Our team will always be full with some no hopers and some jodi-laigga-jai players. BD superstar = jodi-laigga-jai type of players
perhaps vaas, but i doubt it...i mean there is a reason why they are tail enders who can bat a bit...if top order batsmen like jayawardene only score a ton every 5-6 times at bat, how do you reckon that a tail ender would get 4 tons in 74 innings?

and even if they did, how many would show the class of a 158* or a 136 or 129* against the likes of murali, vaas, fernando, and malinga?
I drop knowledge so heavy it leaves the world unbalanced, exterminating the spiritual force of all that challenge, I'm the lyrical apocalypse that crumbles the granite, replacing you as the dominant species on the planet.
Old August 10, 2007, 03:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Unda Thekeyee Footlow na....Junayed ke neye ato tamasha?

Baba Junayed.... kisu ekta kor in twenty20.... na hoiley money hoi khobor ache.
Old August 11, 2007, 06:13 AM
Cricket Legend

I don't get it why are some guys so optimistic about junaed i mean he did'nt even play a single international match.
Old August 11, 2007, 06:17 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Amazingly complicated explanation there. Anyhow, in my opinion, being tall is an advantage in any sport. In cricket, the sheer height of tall batsman allow them to play back-foot shots, particularly the hook and the pull, better than any other batsman. No "center of gravity" or anything like that has anything to do with it.
Being tall is an advantage in sport - granted, but I don't think it results in being a better hooker as a batsman. This is because the "hook" ( as opposed to the "pull" )shot is usually played when the delivery is something like a bouncer - aimed at batsmen's chest or higher - and bowlers do adjust their length according to the batmen so a good batsman wouln't have trouble gettingon tpp of the ball. Like any other shots, the proper execution of the hook or pull depends on reflex, timing and balance.

And I do think shorter batmen can play the drive better - Hayden is definitely an exception coz he is just amazing in the V. I think typically taller batsmen do struggle somewhat with the drive like Stephen Fleming and Wasim Jaffar, as with their longer reach they can at times be caught in half-cock ( neither front nor back foot ) positions.
Old August 11, 2007, 06:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo
I don't get it why are some guys so optimistic about junaed i mean he did'nt even play a single international match.
It's precisely because he hasn't played any matches. Once he starts and fails we'll all be calling him the biggest loser to play for Bangladesh yet.

- Benjamin Franklin
Old August 11, 2007, 06:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
It's precisely because he hasn't played any matches. Once he starts and fails we'll all be calling him the biggest loser to play for Bangladesh yet.
Yes that qiuet right.
Old August 15, 2007, 12:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

i think Junaid Siddique should be an ODI regular in the not too distant future, God wiling.
Old August 15, 2007, 02:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Junaid Siddiqur The Next Don Raja..
lol..i like the phrase souns kool..lol
Old August 15, 2007, 03:30 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

we need more and frequent 5 days matches tournament. only that way , we can get more players and from that players, i am sure, we will get 1/2 superstar. its too early to say, Junaid is a super star. may be he will be another marshall Ayub, who was big failure even in the A team, or tushar imran, who is failed in the national team
Old August 15, 2007, 09:18 PM
Test Cricketer

I am in no hurry to make a hero out of this promising young man. Let's give him a chance, wait and see.
Old August 15, 2007, 11:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Shakib-BIjoy-Rumman

For those with a chance to see Junayed live, please remember take a binocular to the matches and enjoy what you see.

His fielding was an issue because of "laziness", not talent or athleticism. Ash had a long chat with with him after a Mohamedan v. Shonargaon match and he has been working hard on his blasé attitude and physical fitness since then. He clearly overaome that issue during the last NCL, as everyone will soon see. His hands are one of the safest pairs we are likely to see now and the next few years to come.

Some BD cricket writers are good for coining KMB-esque phrases such as "Durjoy-er spin-er bhelkite bharotiyo batsmen kupokat" or "Murali-r doosra-r mayajale bondhi Bangladesh", and making incorrect assessments by looking at stats out of context, often using them to justify their own biases. The less said about formulaic, soulless lot without aforementioned abilities, the better. They hardly attend NCL matches equipped with the resources necessary to make useful observations. Sadly for them, truth prevails much to their dismay, exposing a need to pay better attention to technical details if they have the eyes to do so. They will continue to be wrong about a great many things and be the last ones to see it.

When former cricketers such as HaBa decide to write full-time, hopefully we will not see such moronisms.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; August 24, 2007 at 10:49 PM..
Old August 16, 2007, 08:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
When former cricketers such as HaBa decide to write full-time, hopefully we will not see such moronisms.
Shhhhhh........ don't tell anyone. Haba kore reitre korlo?
Old August 17, 2007, 07:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
Shhhhhh........ don't tell anyone. Haba kore reitre korlo?
"Dhyat, I did it again ... babu, babu" ... shout out to antora93.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 17, 2007, 07:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
"Dhyat, I did it again ... babu, babu" ... shout out to antora93.
Well that was the cheer I needed for this melancholic evening
Old August 22, 2007, 04:30 AM
Cricket Savant

Talking Road to Superstardom ... (practice) matches 1 and 2

Match 1- 0 (Tamim 6)
Match 2- 7 or exponential improvement (Tamim 6, no improvement)

Average- 3.5 RPM since prediction (Tamim averaging 6, almost twice as good as my Superstar in the making)
Old August 22, 2007, 09:46 AM
Cricket Savant

Talking Road to Superstardom ... (practice) Weird 40 Over Match

Quote:
Match 1- 0 (Tamim 6)
Match 2- 7 or exponential improvement (Tamim 6, no improvement)

Average- 3.5 RPM since prediction (Tamim averaging 6, almost twice as good as my Superstar in the making)
Match 3- 24 from 37 balls, a 300% improvement from the last match (Tamim 11, almost a 100% improvement).

New Average- 10.3 RPM since prediction (Tamim averaging 7 point something) ...
Old August 22, 2007, 12:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo
and he is already a super-star
Old August 22, 2007, 03:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Too early to predict.
But I hope and pray he will keep shining for a while, not nip in the bud.
Old August 22, 2007, 05:03 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Sper* r sleeping now, will b wake up soon.