facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 10, 2007, 01:43 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim
Default Ramadan Kareem

The blessed month of Ramadan is just a couple of days away from us. So, I would like to take this opportunity to wish all the BC members a Happy Ramdan Mubarak.

Ramadan is the month of self-restraint, self-control, and self-moderation. It is actually a training how to fight against ‘Nofs (indulgence)’, which often plays the key role in deviating a Muslim from the path of Allah.

The importance of this blessed month can be understood from the Quranic verses and the Hadiths of our holy prophet Hazrat Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam.

Quranic Verses:

Quote:
(Sûrah al Baqarah 2-183.) "O ye who believe! Fasting is prescribed to you as it was prescribed to those before you, that ye may learn self restraint"

(Sûrah al Baqarah 2-184) "Fasting for a fixed Number of Days; But if any of you is ill, or on a journey, the prescribed number (should be made up) from days later. For those who can do it (with hardship), is a ransom, the feeding of one that is indigent, but he that will give more, of his own free will- it is better for him. And it is better for you that ye fast, if ye only knew."

(Sûrah al Baqarah 2-185) "Ramadhan is the month in which was sent down the Quran, as a guide to mankind"

(Sûrah al Baqarah 2-185)) "Allah intends every facility for you; He does not want to put you to difficulties. He wants you to complete the prescribed period, and to glorify Him"

(Sûrah al Baqarah 2-187) "Eat and Drink, until the white thread of dawn appears to you distinct form the black thread; then complete your fast till the night appears"

(Sûrah al Baqarah 2-187) "Permitted to you on the night of the fasts, is the approach to your wives"
Hadiths:

Quote:
The messenger of Allah (saws) reported in a hadith al-Qudsi that Allah (SWT) said:
"All acts done by the sons of Adam are meant for him, except fasting. It is exclusively meant for Me, and I (alone) will reward him for it"
(Bukhari and Muslim)

"He who does not desist from obscene language and acting obscenely (during the period of fasting), Allah has no need that he did not eat or drink."
(Bukhari, Muslim)

In another hadith by Abu Hurairah (raa), the Prophet (saas) said:
"Fasting is not only to restrain from food and drink, fasting is to refrain from obscene (acts). If someone verbally abuses you or acts ignorantly towards you, say (to them) 'I am fasting; I am fasting.”
(Ibn Khuzaimah)

It has been reported by the way of Abu Hurairah (raa) that the Prophet (saas) reported that Allah (SWT) said in a Hadith Al-Qudsi:
"All services of the son of Adam are for him except fasting. It is for Me, and I will reward him for it. Fasting is a shield. On the day you fast, do not use obscenity, nor yell at others, nor act ignorantly towards them. However, if anyone abuses you verbally or attempts to draw you to fight with him, say 'I am fasting' two times. The Prophet (saas) then states: I swore by the One (Allah) in Whose Hand is the soul of Muhammad, the breath of the faster is sweeter to Allah on the Day of Judgment than the scent of musk. The faster experiences enjoyment twice: he is pleased when he breaks his fast, and he is pleased when he meets his Maker"
(Muslim)

Abu Hurairah (raa) relates the Messenger of Allah (saas) said when one Ramadan came:
"A blessed month has arrived. Observing it in fasting is mandated on you (the believers). During this month, the gates of Paradise will be opened and the gates of Hellfire will be closed. The evil ones (Shayaatin) will be handcuffed. In it there is one night, during which worship is better than worship in a thousand months. Whoever is denied its blessings has been denied the biggest blessing."
(Ahmed, Nasaae, and Bayhaqi)

Amir bin Al-As reported that the messenger of Allah (saws) said
"Indeed as to the one who fasts, during the time he breaks his fast, this supplication will not be turned away by Allah."

As reported by Al-Tirmidhi, the Messenger of Allah (saws) has been reported as saying: "There are three categories of people whose supplications will not be rejected: the person who observes the fast until he breaks it, a just ruler, and a person who has been oppressed."

Anas (raa) related that the Messenger of Allah said:
"Take your early morning meal for in that is a blessing."
(Bukhari, Muslim)

In another report by Miqdam bin Ma'a Diyikarib (raa) the Messenger of Allah (saas) said: "Take this early morning meal for it is a blessed meal."
(Bukhari, Muslim)

Abu Sa'eed Al-Khudri (raa) the Messenger of Allah (saas) said,
"Sahuur is a blessed meal, do not neglect it even if it is a mouthful of drink. For Allah and the Angels bless those who observe it."
(Ahmed)

It has been reported that Abdul Malik bin Al-Asma'e was in Makkah when Ramadan came, so he decided to leave for Taif to escape its heat. On the way, he met a Bedouin who told him that he was heading for Makkah. Abdul Malik asked him, "Aren't you afraid of Makkan heat in Ramadan?". The Bedouin replied, "It is from the heat (hellfire) I am running away."

In a hadith related by Abu Sa`ed, the Messenger of Allah said:
"Whoever intends to retreat with me should retreat during the last ten nights (of Ramadan)." (Bukhari).

In a hadith related by Abu Hurairah (raa), the Messenger of Allah (saas) said:
"He who spends the night in prayer on the Night of Power, as a sign of His faith, and seeking rewards from Allah, his previous sins will be forgiven."
(Bukhari, Muslim)

The Messenger of Allah said:
"Whoever observes night prayer in Ramadan as an expression of his faith and to seek reward from Allah, his previous sins will be blotted out."
(Muslim)

In a hadith reported by Ibn Abbas (raa) he said:
"The Messenger of Allah (saas) has mandated the obligation of fast breaking alms as a cleanser of the faster from (what one may have done) mistakes or obscene acts, and to provide for the poor. Whoever gives it before `Eid prayer, it is an accepted alms, but whoever gives it after Eid prayer, it is only a charity like any ordinary charity."
(Abu Dawud)

In a Hadith related by Ibn 'Umar (raa), the Messenger of Allah (saas) commanded the Muslims to give alms when fastbreaking people leave for Eid prayer."
(Muslim and others)

In another report by Ibn Abbas (raa), he said: "A man came to the Messenger of Allah and asked him, `Oh Messenger of Allah, my mother passed away and upon her is the obligation of fast, should I make it up?' The Prophet (saas) responded: `If your mother was indebted, would you pay back her debt?' He said, `Yes.' The Prophet (saas), then said, the debt of Allah is worthy of paying.'

The following link has a comprehensive overview on fasting, supplications, prayers etc. during Ramadan.

http://198.65.147.194/English/ramadan1422/topic1.shtml

Also we may have many other questions, the follwing two links contains the answers of such many questions:

http://198.65.147.194/English/ramadan1422/topic2.shtml

If you couldn’t find the answer of the questions that you have, then you can ask your questions to Islamic Scholars through the follwing link:

http://198.65.147.194/fatwaapplicati...ish/browse.asp
http://www.islam.tc/ask-imam/form.shtml

Last edited by BD-Shardul; September 11, 2007 at 01:01 AM..
Old September 10, 2007, 03:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib/Anamul

Ramadan Mubarak to all BC members
Old September 10, 2007, 04:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Shakib

certainly learned a lot from the info provided by BD_shardul bhaiya!!! thank you for that!! and RAMADAN MUBARAK TO ALL BC MEMBERS!!!
Old September 10, 2007, 04:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by antora93
certainly learned a lot from the info provided by BD_shardul bhaiya!!! thank you for that!! and RAMADAN MUBARAK TO ALL BC MEMBERS!!!
I appreciate you antora93. We the young geneartions need to learn more about our religion.
Old September 10, 2007, 08:46 AM
Cricket Legend

oh yes,i just so love the month if ramadan,specially the time when you fast,this time dont wanna leave a single day,i wanna fast them all,anyways ramadan mubarak to all the members,i love the time when you break your fast i dont know what its called in english lol but its called "iftari" in bengali.
Old September 10, 2007, 09:12 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo
...i love the time when you break your fast i dont know what its called in english ...
Breakfast.

Ramadan Mubarak to everyone!!

May this month end the misery and hardship that our brothers (and sisters) are facing all over the world.
Old September 10, 2007, 09:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

i was born in dhaka and spent my first 12 years there. in those years i had never heard the greeting 'ramadan mubarak'. 'eid mubarak' was of course a very common greeting. however, in the next 20 years of my life abroad, ramadan mubarak seems to have been wished right left and centre.

i am a fussy individual. i have known poverty. i have paid my way through life. i have known hunger through not having enough money for food. later, i spent years working as a volunteer in a homeless shelter. having experienced hunger from a real necessity rather than a religious one, i shall not wish anyone ramadan mubarak.

fast if you want to. pray if you want to. just don't forget the significance of what the fasting of ramadan holds in the other eleven months of the year. the excesses of ramadan in the muslim community is intolerable at times. food piled up to the ceiling after sunset. sweets galore. tarabi, followed by more sweets.

ramadan is the consciousness of hunger felt by the poor who have very little or nothing. it is the manifestation of guilt thought up by revelation. that guilt is holy. nothing else is. it would mean more to the poor 'in this world' if you could do a little more during this month and in all the other 11 months. so don't just fast, pray and eat sweets, give a little more, act a little more kindly to your fellow man all 12 months of the year. therein lies more salvation than a thousand quoted hadiths.
Old September 10, 2007, 10:08 AM
Cricket Sage

The month is a blessed month. Good deeds from the heart gets more reward than men know. Hence Mubarak. Many unlucky who had the opportunity last year to do good deeds in the same month are not among us. So utilize the opportunity.

This month don't mean only abstaining from food for a certain amount of time. This is a practice time of purifing one's soul too. Excellent points puck!! However, there is nothing wrong on greeting the holy month.
Old September 10, 2007, 11:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
fast if you want to. pray if you want to. just don't forget the significance of what the fasting of ramadan holds in the other eleven months of the year. the excesses of ramadan in the muslim community is intolerable at times. food piled up to the ceiling after sunset. sweets galore. tarabi, followed by more sweets.

ramadan is the consciousness of hunger felt by the poor who have very little or nothing. it is the manifestation of guilt thought up by revelation. that guilt is holy. nothing else is. it would mean more to the poor 'in this world' if you could do a little more during this month and in all the other 11 months. so don't just fast, pray and eat sweets, give a little more, act a little more kindly to your fellow man all 12 months of the year. therein lies more salvation than a thousand quoted hadiths.
Spot on at multiple levels ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old September 10, 2007, 12:01 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Ramadan Mubarak.

Puck, very good points. As T_E bhai pointed out, the congratulation/felicitation is for the "opportunity" that has been accorded to us for self-reflection and to take concrete actions to make ourselves better and contribute to the welfare of others. Food is fuel for our body but is also fundamental to our state of consciousness. Foregoing food and drink voluntarily, I find, puts me in a more reflective state of mind. Ramadan is meant to nourish one's soul first and foremost, and as Puck are so rightly pointed out, it is something we all need to remind ourselves, and not reduce it to a mere ritual which involves going hungry by day and gulping down inordinate amounts of food by night.
Old September 10, 2007, 12:10 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Ramadan Mubarak to everyone. Very handful infos there, Shardul. Thanks for sharing. I'll will pass it onto my friends.
Old September 10, 2007, 12:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

remember that each of your good amal may bring you 7X, 70X, or 700X hasanah...but in ramadhan you get it multiplied by more (unlimited and aribitrary to the Hikma of Allah (swt).

so whilst retaining the piety, devotion, humanity, etc throughout the other 11 months, do pray more, dhikr more, and read more quran.

of course i say this first and foremost to myself.
Quote:
"He who does not desist from obscene language and acting obscenely (during the period of fasting), Allah has no need that he did not eat or drink."
(Bukhari, Muslim)
this one is a big personal problem for me...being as confrontational as I am [bengali Malcolm X]
Old September 10, 2007, 01:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
this one is a big personal problem for me...being as confrontational as I am [bengali Malcolm X]
Meaning are you for the statement or against it?

I would agree with the statement. Prayers are your garmets. If that can't protect you from the evil deeds and vulgar then what good that prayer is?
Old September 10, 2007, 02:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by T_E Bhai
Prayers are your garmets. If that can't protect you from the evil deeds and vulgar then what good that prayer is?
YES, TE Bhai. Allah in the Quran said that "Innus Slalata Tanha Anil Fahshaa e wal munkar"

Means, "definitely Salat prevents you from obscene and evil deeds"

So, if we find ourselves in a situation where we say our prayer and do evil deeds simultaneously, than it means that our prayer is not granted by Allah (SBT). A matter of concern, isn't it.
Old September 10, 2007, 02:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Meaning are you for the statement or against it?

I would agree with the statement. Prayers are your garmets. If that can't protect you from the evil deeds and vulgar then what good that prayer is?
i am for the hadith...i meant to say that i have that problem which the hadith is calling for us to check it.

i usually cannot help but jump upon illogical garble when i see it (anyone on BC will quickly know what i am talking about). it has led to an inordinate number of mode warnings.

i have kicked the habit of doing that on facebook, alhamdulillah.

but in ramadan even if someone comes up with some insane BS, we are not supposed to respond to it but let the malaaika handle it.
Old September 10, 2007, 03:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan

watch out homeland security

the thought of a bengali malcom x scares me. what should we call him? mokbul koyshoi?
Old September 10, 2007, 04:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nasir / Mominul / Gazi

Any good website for Ramadan schedule (for Canada)? Thanks.
Old September 11, 2007, 12:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
Any good website for Ramadan schedule (for Canada)? Thanks.
I found a very good site.

http://prayer.al-islam.com/convert.asp?l=eng
Old September 11, 2007, 03:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Ramadan Mubarak to all....

lets the weight gaining begin.....
Old September 11, 2007, 03:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib/Anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd
Ramadan Mubarak to all....

lets the weight gaining begin.....
U mean losing weight...lol
Old September 11, 2007, 04:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nasir / Mominul / Gazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
I found a very good site.
http://prayer.al-islam.com/convert.asp?l=eng
Thanks.
Old September 11, 2007, 04:11 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Ramadan Mubarak To Every One!!
Old September 11, 2007, 05:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubel_18
U mean losing weight...lol
absolutely not. Not doing any physical work all day cuz of fasting and then eating twice as much (in the form of iftar,post iftar,dinner,sehri).... its hard to lose weight...

but true this is more applicable in Bangladesh, where the office hours are unofficially curtailed down to 4-5 hours (coming late to work cuz of sehri, and leaving early for iftar). Here (outside BD) I think we face the bigger test and chances are you'll lose weight.....
Old September 12, 2007, 02:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd
absolutely not. Not doing any physical work all day cuz of fasting and then eating twice as much (in the form of iftar,post iftar,dinner,sehri).... its hard to lose weight...
You are absolutely right bro. Before Ramadan I think that fasting will help me in losing some weight, but after Ramadan I see an opposite outcome.....gain weight
Old September 12, 2007, 04:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Bangladesh

Ramadan Karim! Wish you all all the blessings of this "training" month. Lets eat a little, talk a little and reflect and pray much.

In need of your duas...keep me in your duas, dear brothers & sisters!