facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old September 14, 2007, 06:04 PM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,901
Default New competition : BanglaCricket Player of the Twenty20 World Cup: Exciting prizes for members

This is for fun and BanglaCricket members will be nominating the player of the Twenty20 world cup.

Nominations will be in two category.

1. Best Bangladeshi player

2. Best player of Twenty20 world cup.

For category 1 you will be nominating two Bangladeshi players after each match. First player will get 4 points and the second player 2 points.

Nominations must be submitted within 2 hours of completion of the last match.

Submission of nomination : You have to submit nominations through PM. PM me (Miraz) your nominations within 2 hours of completion of the last match.

I will acknowledge the receipt of the nomination in this thread and after that no nominations will be valid.

For category 2 you will be selecting two players after each match and points system remains the same.

Same player can be nominated for both category. For example for the last WI match one could have nominated Ashraful for both category.

The competition is open to every member (including Admins/Moderators and BanglaCricket staffs).

The competition for best Bangladeshi player will start with immediate effect, but the competition for best player of Twenty20 world cup will start from Super 8 stage (Sunday). Players with highest number of points will win the BanglaCricket Bangladesh player of Twenty20 World Cup and BanglaCricket player of the Twenty20 world cup award.

Members who will be the eventually winners (one for each category) will be awarded a BanglaCricket T Shirt.


Winner selection : Member nominating the eventual BanglaCricket Player of the Twenty20 World Cup most times will come out as winner. In case of tie, winner will be decided by lottery.

P.S: Nominations must be submitted after the end of the match not before.
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket

Last edited by Miraz; September 15, 2007 at 05:48 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old September 14, 2007, 06:14 PM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,901

Feel free to ask questions to clear your confusions about the competition.
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old September 14, 2007, 06:18 PM
Omio's Avatar
Omio Omio is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 25, 2006
Location: London, UK
Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me
Posts: 4,429

How will be the result come out for category 1?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old September 14, 2007, 06:21 PM
Dhruvo Dhruvo is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 9, 2007
Posts: 4,516

thats great but when do i submit my players can i do it now or do i have to wait until 2 more hours are left for the match?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old September 14, 2007, 06:21 PM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,901

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omio
How will be the result come out for category 1?
Say Ashraful comes out as eventual BanglaCricket Bangladesh Player of the Twenty20 World Cup. (Nominated by most members and so will have highest points).

Now we will find out member nominating Ashraful on most occasions (either first choice or second choice, both will count). If more than one member have nominated same number of time, lottery will be done to decide the winner.

Is it clear now?
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old September 14, 2007, 06:27 PM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,901

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo
thats great but when do i submit my players can i do it now or do i have to wait until 2 more hours are left for the match?
No, you don't submit players name before the match. It's much easier.

You will submit players name only after the match.
Any submission before the match will be canceled and he/she will not be allowed to nominate again.

Don't forget to nominate players name within 2 hours of completion of the match.
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old September 14, 2007, 06:40 PM
Dhruvo Dhruvo is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 9, 2007
Posts: 4,516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
No, you don't submit players name before the match. It's much easier.

You will submit players name only after the match. Any submission before the match will be canceled and he/she will not be allowed to nominate again.

Don't forget to nominate players name within 2 hours of completion of the match.
but if we post the name after the match then wont we know who did better?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old September 14, 2007, 06:43 PM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,901

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo
but if we post the name after the match then wont we know who did better?
Yap you will know but the opinion will differ among the members and that's the fun part of the competition.

To some members Rasel's 3 wicket conceding 20 odd runs might look more valuable than a 50 by Nazimuddin and vice versa.
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old September 14, 2007, 06:55 PM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,901

I will be maintaining an Excel database and will only reveal the detailed result at the end of the tournament.
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old September 14, 2007, 07:00 PM
Anher's Avatar
Anher Anher is offline
BC T20 WC 2012 Fantasy League Winner
 
Join Date: January 31, 2005
Posts: 3,158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
I will be maintaining an Excel database and will only reveal the detailed result at the end of the tournament.
I guess its not a part of your research project.
Miraz bhai you got endless time for everything.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old September 14, 2007, 07:04 PM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,901

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Knockout_U
I guess its not a part of your research project.
Miraz bhai you got endless time for everything.
Some fun in life is more important than some serious jobs like research project.

At least that's my way of thinking.
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old September 14, 2007, 07:10 PM
Dhruvo Dhruvo is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 9, 2007
Posts: 4,516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Yap you will know but the opinion will differ among the members and that's the fun part of the competition.

To some members Rasel's 3 wicket conceding 20 odd runs might look more valuable than a 50 by Nazimuddin and vice versa.
oh okay ,thats so cool,thanks miraz bhaoya i am no longer confused.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old September 14, 2007, 08:31 PM
Hatebreed's Avatar
Hatebreed Hatebreed is offline
BC T-Shirt Design Winner
 
Join Date: June 19, 2005
Location: Camden, London
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Posts: 7,200

1. Who (and how will you) decide which players are the real player of match/tournament?

2. Why not make submissions before the match, like fantasy league, to see if people get it right? People can still have difference of opinion on who might and might not perform.
__________________
My photography
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old September 14, 2007, 08:39 PM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,901

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
1. Who (and how will you) decide which players are the real player of match/tournament?

2. Why not make submissions before the match, like fantasy league, to see if people get it right? People can still have difference of opinion on who might and might not perform.
1. I will not decide anything, members will decide. Their first choice in a category will carry 4 points and second choice 2 points. At the end of the tournament, all points will add up and player having maximum point will be awarded the Bangladess Player of the Twenty20 world cup award (same thing will happen in category 2)

2. In that way you can decide the winner (memebr of BC) but cannot decide the Player of the the Twenty20 world cup or best Bangladesh player. Nominating after the match will be dependent on performance and will really indicate the true Player of the tournament.

Our main target is to find out the best player of the tournament (both Bangladeshi and in general) and that's why post-match submission is necessary. In the process of finding best player, we will also find the most wise member (not the best predictor).

is it clear now?
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket

Last edited by Miraz; September 14, 2007 at 08:56 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old September 14, 2007, 08:54 PM
Hatebreed's Avatar
Hatebreed Hatebreed is offline
BC T-Shirt Design Winner
 
Join Date: June 19, 2005
Location: Camden, London
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Posts: 7,200

Ok, I think I get it. Thanks.
__________________
My photography
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old September 14, 2007, 08:59 PM
syzygy syzygy is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 16, 2007
Posts: 436

for the best player, i believe it will go to the eventual man of the match which everyone can safely choose.

so tip of the day: 1. choose MOM as your best player.
2. choose one who just missed the MOM but was a close second as your second best player.

what will happen if several people end up with the same no of points (i.e., a tie)? will there be a bowl out here miraz?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old September 14, 2007, 09:04 PM
MohammedC MohammedC is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: April 15, 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Posts: 22,479

Does it include BD V SA even its a dead rubber
__________________
I love Bangladesh cricket and that's why I found BanglaCricket.com
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old September 14, 2007, 09:04 PM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,901

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzygy
for the best player, i believe it will go to the eventual man of the match which everyone can safely choose.

so tip of the day: 1. choose MOM as your best player.
2. choose one who just missed the MOM but was a close second as your second best player.

what will happen if several people end up with the same no of points? will there be a bowl out here miraz?
Good tip. The main attraction will be choosing the second best player. It's very unlikely that one player will be MOM in every match so carefully selecting the second best player is very important to win the competition. And most importantly choosing a one off MOM can even ruin your prospect of winning the competition. So think before nomination.

You will be the winner only when your player earns the most point.

Bowl out sounds exciting but I don't know a way to invent a virtual bowl out so that's not the way.

If a number of member ends up with same points, in that case I will assigns a secret code for each member (with highest points) and there will be poll with those codes where all the members will vote to decide the eventual winner.

And then I will reveal the person behind the code. For transparency of the process, I will send the code and members name to Mahmood bhai and Tehsin bhai (BC owners) before opening the poll.
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket

Last edited by Miraz; September 14, 2007 at 09:10 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old September 14, 2007, 09:06 PM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,901

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo1974
Does it include BD V SA even its a dead rubber
yap it's included for best Bangladeshi player, but for best player of the world cup the competition starts on Sunday.
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old September 14, 2007, 09:20 PM
syzygy syzygy is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 16, 2007
Posts: 436

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Good tip. The main attraction will be choosing the second best player. It's very unlikely that one player will be MOM in every match so carefully selecting the second best player is very important to win the competition. And most importantly choosing a one off MOM can even ruin your prospect of winning the competition. So think before nomination.

You will be the winner only when your player earns the most point.
oh the rules are a litte more complicated than i thought, so my tip may not work that well..eventual MOM of a particular match may not be the final winner (if thats just a one off), so be careful with your selection...cool competition miraz ..so how do we send our nomination after every match? by sending a pm to you, you may get a flood of pm's then, so whats the way to submit?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old September 14, 2007, 09:27 PM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,901

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzygy
oh the rules are a litte more complicated than i thought, so my tip may not work that well..eventual MOM of a particular match may not be the final winner (if thats just a one off), so be careful with your selection...cool competition miraz ..so how do we send our nomination after every match? by sending a pm to you, you may get a flood of pm's then, so whats the way to submit?

We have to make sure that one person doesn't see the nomination of the other person. I will reveal the nominations while revealing the final database with the results.

I don't see any option other than PM.

Everyone look at the opening post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Submission of nomination : You have to submit nomination through PM. PM me (Miraz) your nomination within 2 hours of completion of the match.
I will acknowledge the receipt of nomination after 2 hours and no further nomination will be allowed.
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket

Last edited by Miraz; September 14, 2007 at 09:37 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old September 14, 2007, 09:32 PM
JamesBond's Avatar
JamesBond JamesBond is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 18, 2006
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: All BD team players
Posts: 453

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Say Ashraful comes out as eventual BanglaCricket Bangladesh Player of the Twenty20 World Cup. (Nominated by most members and so will have highest points).

Now we will find out member nominating Ashraful on most occasions (either first choice or second choice, both will count). If more than one member have nominated same number of time, lottery will be done to decide the winner.

Is it clear now?
Lotttery part is not fare.Both should be awarded. Each person took the effort to do it and their assumptions were correct.. Dont select someone by his luck...
__________________
http://tinyurl.com/3dj4sp
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old September 14, 2007, 09:34 PM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,901

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBond
Lotttery part is not fare.Both should be awarded. Each person took the effort to do it and their assumptions were correct.. Dont select someone by his luck...
We may end up with 10-15 members with same points. We will finally declare their name but only after selecting 2 member (one in each category) for award of the prize.
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old September 14, 2007, 09:42 PM
syzygy syzygy is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 16, 2007
Posts: 436

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
I will acknowledge the receipt of nomination after 2 hours and no further nomination will be allowed.
can we extend the 2 hours time limit? if i live in california, then some of the matches here start at 1 AM at night and gets over by 4 AM...when i get up in the morning say at 7 am (and miss a match), my 2 hour time limit has expiried although i may read the score later and still want to nominate a player for that match..so can it be extended to a few more hours to accomodate members all over the world living in different timezones?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old September 14, 2007, 09:49 PM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,901

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzygy
can we extend the 2 hours time limit? if i live in california, then some of the matches here start at 1 AM at night and gets over by 4 AM...when i get up in the morning say at 7 am (and miss a match), my 2 hour time limit has expiried although i may read the score later and still want to nominate a player for that match..so can it be extended to a few more hours to accomodate members all over the world living in different timezones?
I understand your problem but having a time limit will increase the zeal of the competition.

Increasing the time limit might not work well. I am in double mind here. Please visit the thread again tomorrow to see my position on this.

Just for curiosity, If I increase the time limit to 3 hours, will that do?
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket