facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 19, 2007, 03:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Default External "Awful Ashraful"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAgeBD
Awful Ashraful
Azad Majumder
When Moha-mmad Ashraful came on as first-change bowler against Sri Lanka on Tuesday, among the many surprised followers both in the ground and in front of television screens was also coach Shaun Williams.
‘I don’t know why he decided to bowl right now. I am really surprised,’ said Williams after he was caught by an on-field commentator during the innings. The comments of the coach made one thing sure it was not the part of the game-plan and was purely a personal decision of the captain.
But for his over-enthusiasm, one of Bangladesh’s key bowlers Abdur Razzak could not even complete his quota of four overs in the game. The same was for Sakib al Hasan, one of the regular bowlers in the Bangladesh line up.
In a game when the spinners were getting a lot of assistance from the low and slow pitch, Ashraful’s decision to rely on his occasional leg-spin instead of regular spinners was not only surprising, but also came as mystery to many back at home.
‘Razzak is one of our most dependable bowlers. Ashraful made a mistake by not using him in all four overs,’ said Faruque Ahmed, the former chief selector and national captain.
In Bangladesh’s first match against West Indies, Ashraful invited Razzak to open the bowling instead of Mashrafee bin Murtaza, despite knowing the pitch was damp and would offer plenty of movement.
His decisions did not pay off at all as Razzak conceded 12 runs in his first over, something which compelled the skipper to invite Mashrafee to replace the left-arm spinner.
When Razzak was given the ball in the first over on a damp wicket against West Indies, surprisingly he was first tried in the 14th over against Sri Lanka on a pitch that generously helped the spinners.
Faruque was also critical at the way Ashraful used his other strike bowler Mashrafee in the competition.
In the first game, Mashrafee was not only denied the new ball, but also given only two overs to bowl while Ashraful himself completed his full overs. While Mashrafee conceded 16 in his two overs, Ashraful gave away 55.
‘It’s good to see that our captain is trying to share some responsibility. But that should not be at the expense of his main strike bowler. Even if Mashrafee lacks form, the skipper should try to help him get back the rhythm. If the captain loses confidence in his strike bowler, the team tends to get demoralised,’ said Faruque.
‘Ashraful is trying to lead the team from the front, which I must say is good. But it will better for him to take the leading role with the bat instead of ball. The team management also should be careful of the skipper’s increasing tendency to bowl,’ he added.
Assuming its true....

Looks like temp coach Shaun Williams is less to blame for the team's failure. Its the inability of BCB to find a permanent coach, and Ash's disregard to follow game-plan or Coach's instruction is the key to this chaos situation. Temp assigned coach can never enforce their authority to key star players, and if Key star players ignore coach's instruction, basically he becomes a lame duck coach... and thats what is happening now. Ash is doing whatever he whans to do... and that may include .... bolwing 4 overs by himself ignore key bowlers....ignoring Juniad so far...

Its sad.... if its true.... its not a good trait ... ignoring coahes's instruction or game plan.

Old September 19, 2007, 03:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib, Tamim, Tendulkar

plz give link
Old September 19, 2007, 03:19 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

I will go with a different opinion here. If Ashraful can become a Ganguly or Steve Waugh who ignored many team instructions but lead the team in a exemplary fashion and backed up their own decisions with team performance and scripted wins, I have no problem with that.

On the other hand if he can't back his apparently "questionable" decisions with team performances or own performances, that's a worrying sign for the future. It's still early days for him and I want to give him the benefit of doubts.

Having a strong captain can only do good for the team and is much better than a "Yes Sir" captain.

Having a stupid captain is something altogether different .
Old September 19, 2007, 03:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by irteja
plz give link
I can give the link but in newAgeBD link is not static, it changes so it will be invalid tomorrow.

Here is the link anyway... link (which will only work for today)
Old September 19, 2007, 03:21 PM
Test Cricketer

It is good that Ash is thinking on the field....although some of his thoughts are backfiring! But to introduce something innovative should not be something stupid as his bowling at the death end of the innings against WI! I was also pissed off when he did not use Razzak's full quota!
But again i welcome his free thinking and hope he will curb his enthusiasm and learn that quickly!
Old September 19, 2007, 03:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib/Anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
I will go with a different opinion here. If Ashraful can become a Ganguly or Steve Waugh who ignored many team instructions but lead the team in a exemplary fashion and backed up their own decisions with team performance and scripted wins, I have no problem with that.

On the other hand if he can't back his apparently "questionable" decisions with team performances or own performances, that's a worrying sign for the future. It's still early days for him and I want to give him the benefit of doubts.

Having a strong captain can only do good for the team and is much better than a "Yes Sir" captain.

Having a stupid captain is something altogether different .
I hav to agree with u on that Miraz Bhai vry true
Old September 19, 2007, 03:26 PM
Cricket Sage

btw do you guys think that reporter Azad Majumder should be sent to jail for mocking the Name Mohammed as "Moha-mmad" ? If Cartoonist Ariful Rahman can go to jail mocking the name 'Mohammed' why not Azad Majumder?

Last edited by Fazal; September 19, 2007 at 03:31 PM..
Old September 19, 2007, 03:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
btw do you guys think that reporter Azad Majumder should be sent to jail for mocking the Name Mohammed as "Moha-mmad" ? If Cartoonist Ariful Rahman can go to jail mocking the name 'Mohammed' why not Azad Majumder?
Editor and publisher too
Old September 19, 2007, 03:34 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

And finally, the blame game starts...
Old September 19, 2007, 03:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TI/Dwayne Bravo/Afridi

as much as i think that this guys a moron, has anyone noticed that everytime BD have won a major match, is always when ash does a respectable score. basically every shocking win somehow involves ashraful.
SA- ash's 87
AUS- ash's 100
WI- ash's 61
freaky............
i think the best way to predict a BD match is by seeing ash's performance
Old September 19, 2007, 04:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuba
as much as i think that this guys a moron, has anyone noticed that everytime BD have won a major match, is always when ash does a respectable score. basically every shocking win somehow involves ashraful.
SA- ash's 87
AUS- ash's 100
WI- ash's 61
freaky............
BD's success is based on one man's success, that clearly indicates our position. And guess what, if that man is unpredictable and without consistency, how can we expect BD to be consistent. For few last few series, others are doing and contributing better, but we still such major drawbacks and standard issues.
Old September 19, 2007, 04:03 PM
Cricket Legend

ash is a good captain but the only thing that he lacks is that team player attribute,i always saw some talent in this man but also saw some lackings in him he doesnt have much of a team man attitude most of the time he thinks about his bowling more than his batting ,okay i understand that ash was a bowler before but now he is a batsman he should not try to estrablish himself as an allrounder because than it will ruin his batting performance,ash is talented no doubt but he is also self-ish,i would had gone for shahriar nafees after basher was stripped off his captaincy.
Old September 19, 2007, 04:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

But because of some Eid days, Ash should not spoil some other important days.
Old September 19, 2007, 04:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Ash is a mad man.
Old September 19, 2007, 04:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

ASh made some mistakes, it is early to start the blame game. We have to wait and see if he learns from his mistake.
Old September 19, 2007, 04:46 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

LEts face the truth, shall we? Ash is a complete idiotic incompetent fool who will fail miserably most of the times and will have couple of shining games in his bleak career. And even after realizing this, we still award him the captaincy? Having a bleak hope of somehow transforming an incompetent bafoon to to a mature old geyser, by assigning him the most important task of the team is quite delusional if you ask me. Enough of this nonsense! Bring back SN, and assign him the rightful throne to the Empire that is to be called the Bangladesh national Team.
Old September 19, 2007, 04:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

How many runs did he give up in those 2 overs?
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old September 19, 2007, 05:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
Enough of this nonsense! Bring back SN, and assign him the rightful throne to the Empire that is to be called the Bangladesh national Team.
you are right, bro. but sorry to say, we dont have much games against the minnows/zimbabwe in the future. we have all the games against the elite teams.
Old September 19, 2007, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
you are right, bro. but sorry to say, we dont have much games against the minnows/zimbabwe in the future. we have all the games against the elite teams.

good one
Old September 19, 2007, 05:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Assuming its true....

Looks like temp coach Shaun Williams is less to blame for the team's failure. Its the inability of BCB to find a permanent coach, and Ash's disregard to follow game-plan or Coach's instruction is the key to this chaos situation. Temp assigned coach can never enforce their authority to key star players, and if Key star players ignore coach's instruction, basically he becomes a lame duck coach... and thats what is happening now. Ash is doing whatever he whans to do... and that may include .... bolwing 4 overs by himself ignore key bowlers....ignoring Juniad so far...

Its sad.... if its true.... its not a good trait ... ignoring coahes's instruction or game plan.
First of all - I totally hated Ash for not letting Razzak and Sakib finish quota. Mash should not have been allowed to bowl that last over.

Now going back to Shaun WIlliams' comment.

Here's NewageBD's version -
‘I don’t know why he decided to bowl right now. I am really surprised,’

I watched the match live. Here is what exactly happened -

Ian Bishop asked "Are you surprised that Ashraful has brought himself on?"

Shaun said "May be. But He needs to bowl may be a couple.So I am surprised but look, it's a bold move by the captain. He's always wanting to take responsibility. That's a good thing."

Can you see how our "journalists" put a spin on things? They should work for fox news.
Old September 19, 2007, 06:05 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron
First of all - I totally hated Ash for not letting Razzak and Sakib finish quota. Mash should not have been allowed to bowl that last over.

Now going back to Shaun WIlliams' comment.

Here's NewageBD's version -
‘I don’t know why he decided to bowl right now. I am really surprised,’

I watched the match live. Here is what exactly happened -

Ian Bishop asked "Are you surprised that Ashraful has brought himself on?"

Shaun said "May be. But He needs to bowl may be a couple.So I am surprised but look, it's a bold move by the captain. He's always wanting to take responsibility. That's a good thing."

Can you see how our "journalists" put a spin on things? They should work for fox news.
I watched the match live aswell, and i heard the same thing.
our "journalists til ke tal banay valo.
Old September 19, 2007, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omio
I watched the match live aswell, and i heard the same thing.
our "journalists til ke tal banay valo.
i see what you're getting at but pls dont encourage him to bowl.
Old September 19, 2007, 06:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuba
SA- ash's 87
AUS- ash's 100
WI- ash's 61
freaky............
I agree, it is always Ash who helps win the match with his rare display of brilliance and magic. He is like the PRODIGAL SON.
As a batsman, he has all the shots in the book, wish that he was like a Tendulker who started his international career very young, but matured as batsman.
Old September 19, 2007, 06:45 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
i see what you're getting at but pls dont encourage him to bowl.
He is not going to come and see my comment here.
Old September 19, 2007, 07:10 PM
Banned

Hard-hitting Azad bhai is at it again haha...

Good one.