facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old October 1, 2007, 03:22 AM
wiseshah wiseshah is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: June 18, 2005
Location: newyork
Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner
Posts: 6,134

cant wait for national league to start
Reply With Quote

  #27  
Old October 1, 2007, 04:58 AM
Mohiul's Avatar
Mohiul Mohiul is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 21, 2004
Location: Dagenham, Essex, UK
Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan
Posts: 3,234

Rajshahi started practising even before anouncing their squad. Go Rajshashi, go.

Rajshashi rocks!!!!
__________________
Mohiul

Last edited by Mohiul; October 1, 2007 at 08:10 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old October 1, 2007, 08:04 AM
Orion's Avatar
Orion Orion is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: August 11, 2006
Location: New York, USA
Favorite Player: Sakibul Hasan
Posts: 348

I am rooting for both Dhaka and Barisal....since Barisal is where I was born and Dhaka is the place where I grew up.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old October 1, 2007, 10:19 AM
rainmaniac rainmaniac is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 28, 2007
Location: dhaka
Favorite Player: SHAKIB AL HASAN
Posts: 108

the squads r announced but isnt razzak playing? i cant find him in any of the squad.
i am supporting dhaka n khulna since dhaka is where i live but khulna is having SHAKIB, mash and rasel
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old October 1, 2007, 11:37 AM
zainab zainab is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 16, 2007
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib
Posts: 4,650

I think Abdur Razzak is in the Khulna squad.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old October 1, 2007, 02:13 PM
Murad's Avatar
Murad Murad is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: July 30, 2006
Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Posts: 19,850

NCL squads finalised

Quote:
A notable distribution made by the selectors was to move national wicketkeeper Mushfiqur Rahim to Sylhet Division from his own side Rajshahi.

"We made the change as Pilot (Khaled Mashud) is trying to make his comeback and we want to see Mushfiqur play maximum matches as the national wicketkeeper," explained chief selector Rafiq.

Currently out-of-favour Mashud is also the Rajshahi captain, which would have naturally put the two stumpers fighting for the same position.

"We preferred current and former national cricketers and then the A team members, academy players and prospective cricketers in our selection. You know one team are only allowed to accommodate two first division players to ensure quality cricketers' participations," he added.
SQUADS

DHAKA: Mohammad Ashraful (captain), Anwar Hossain, Uttam Sarker, Shamsur Rahman, Marshall Ayub, Al Shahriar, Sajjad Kadir (wicketkeeper), Nadif Chowdhury, Javed Omar, Mohammad Sharif, Mehrab Hossain (Jr.), Nazmul Hossain Milon, Arafat Sunny, Mahmudullah Riyad, Anwar Hossain Monir, Mosharraf Hossain, Mahbubul Alam, Shahadat Hossain Rajib, Mohammed Rafique, Mohammad Azim

RAJSHAHI: Khaled Mashud (captain/wicketkeeper), Nayeem Islam, Anisur Rahman, Mushfiqur Rahman, Junaed Siddique, Hasanuzzaman Rozel, Jahirul Islam, Rabiul Karim, Rafiqul Islam, Mahbub Alam, Farhad Reza, Sohrawardi Shuvo, Saiful Islam Suhash, Mohammad Shajada, Delwar Hossain, Saqlain Sajib, Sumon Saha, Alamgir Kabir, Shafaq Al Jaber, Shakil Haider

CHITTAGONG: Ehsanul Haque (captain), Gazi Salauddin, Dhiman Ghosh (wicketkeeper), Faisal Hossain, Nazimuddin, Elias Sunny, Tamim Iqbal, Nafees Iqbal, Wascorni Ahmed, Masumuddowla, Shabbir Khan, Tarek Aziz, Mahbubul Karim, Aftab Ahmed, Raihanuddin Arafat, Gazi Alamgir, Ashiqur Rahman, Kamrul Islam, Sajjadul Haque Ripon, Mahmuduzzaman

KHULNA: Habibul Bashar (captain), Mustafizur Rahman, Jamal Uddin Babu, Imrul Kayes, Monirul Islam, Mohammad Salim, Nazmus Sadat, Nahidul Haque, Ziaur Rahman, Sahagir Hossain (wicketkeeper), Tushar Imran, Dollar Mahmud, Shakib Al Hasan, Abdur Razzak, Monjurul Islam, Syed Rasel, Mashrafe Bin Mortaza, Robiul Islam Shiblu, Shafiul Alam, Fariduddin Masud

SYLHET: Rajin Saleh (captain), Alok Kapali, Imtiaz Hossain, Golam Mabud, Golam Mowla, Golam Rahman, Saif Mahmud, Rezaul Haque, Tapash Baishya, Nazmul Hossain, Hasibul Hossain, Enamul Haque (Jr.), Saju Datt, Mushfiqur Rahim (wicketkeeper), Sirajullah Khadim, Nabil Samad, Sharifullah, Nizamuddin Ripon, Rashedur Rahman, Sadiqur Rahman

BARISAL: Shahriar Nafees (captain), Hannan Sarkar, Imran Ahmed, Raquibul Hasan, Nasiruddin Faruque, Shaheen Hossain (wicketkeeper), Abul Bashar, Arafat Salauddin, Ali Arman Rajan, Talha Jubair, Sajjadul Islam, Debobroto Paul, Lablur Rahman, Tarikul Islam, Humayun Kabir, Ahsanullah Hasan, Raisul Islam, Proshenjit Bose, Monowar Hossain, Ariful Haque.

Last edited by Murad; October 1, 2007 at 02:19 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old October 1, 2007, 04:01 PM
nasimul's Avatar
nasimul nasimul is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 12, 2004
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 4,715

It looks

Strong teams: Dhaka (batting & bowling) and Khulna (bowling)
Weakest team: Barisal

Last edited by nasimul; October 1, 2007 at 04:08 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old October 1, 2007, 04:17 PM
Eshen's Avatar
Eshen Eshen is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 27, 2007
Posts: 11,007

So Ariful Haque (Barisal) is the only player from current u/19 team got selected to play in NCL ! I was hoping so much to see pacer hunt find Rubel Hossain to play in this league. Players such as Mahmudul Hasan, Nasir Hossain, and Ifthekhar Nayeem should be given chances atleast in the one-day league.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old October 1, 2007, 06:31 PM
Tehsin Tehsin is offline
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder
 
Join Date: June 20, 2002
Location: Virginia, USA
Favorite Player: তামীম, শা
Posts: 9,471

I will be surprised if Dhaka does not win every single match with the given lineup. Whatever happened to Chittagong's bowling lineup ? Is Wascorni any good ? They asked him to correct his bowling style and now he bowls at 76-81 mph. How old is tarek Aziz ? Gazi ALamgir had a few shots at the national level and then he went missing. Not expecting much from CTG this year. However, there''ll be some explosive batting.
__________________
Bangladesh - World Champions - World Cup 20**
বাংলাদেশ - বিশ্ব চাম্পিয়ন - বিশ্বকাপ ক্রিকেট ২০**
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old October 1, 2007, 08:28 PM
Zobair's Avatar
Zobair Zobair is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: July 15, 2002
Location: 16th floor
Posts: 4,106

The teams looks fairly solid to me. If the players take it seriously then this National League will be quite exciting.
__________________
And thats all I have to say about that! - Forrest Gump
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old October 1, 2007, 09:09 PM
cricket_king's Avatar
cricket_king cricket_king is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 10, 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,493

WOOOO! Go Dhaka!
__________________
A friend in need is a friend indeed; a friend with weed is better.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old October 1, 2007, 09:18 PM
AsifTheManRahman's Avatar
AsifTheManRahman AsifTheManRahman is offline
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 12, 2004
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Posts: 27,676

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasimul
It looks

Strong teams: Dhaka (batting & bowling) and Khulna (bowling)
Weakest team: Barisal

Actually, I think Chittagong has a pretty decent batting line up too, although most of their batsmen are jodi laigga jaay marka.
__________________
Screw the IPL, I'm going to the MLC!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old October 1, 2007, 09:45 PM
nsd3 nsd3 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 30, 2004
Location: Auckland to Sydney
Posts: 2,611

NCL starts from 19th October - http://www.dailynayadiganta.com/full...ID=45370&sec=7
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old October 1, 2007, 11:02 PM
Eshen's Avatar
Eshen Eshen is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 27, 2007
Posts: 11,007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin
Whatever happened to Chittagong's bowling lineup ? Is Wascorni any good ? They asked him to correct his bowling style and now he bowls at 76-81 mph.
If the pitch assists seam movement, I would prefer Ashiqur Rahman over Wascoroni. Chittagong do have a good spin deparment though (Shabbir Khan, Elias Sunny).
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old October 2, 2007, 07:32 AM
rainmaniac rainmaniac is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 28, 2007
Location: dhaka
Favorite Player: SHAKIB AL HASAN
Posts: 108

too bad mushfiq cannot play for his district..

btw did u see khaled masud in today's prothom alo "nokhsa" is he getting into modeling too?
ash is also there but its a interview
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old October 2, 2007, 09:09 AM
nasimul's Avatar
nasimul nasimul is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 12, 2004
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 4,715

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Actually, I think Chittagong has a pretty decent batting line up too, although most of their batsmen are jodi laigga jaay marka.
Because of their batsmen are jodi laigga jaay marka, its not a decent batting line up. Jhore protidin boc morena, hothath ekdin moore
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old October 2, 2007, 09:46 AM
sadi's Avatar
sadi sadi is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 3, 2005
Location: In my room
Favorite Player: Mushi
Posts: 6,709

Battingwise, I find Barisal team to be quite underrated. Looking forward to see Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan (Someone I am expecting a lot from), Imran Ahmed (Had quite a season last year). Nasiruddin Faruque (another upcoming talent) and Hannan Sarkar. They can definitely put some good score on the board. Bowlingwise, I am not so sure though.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old October 2, 2007, 10:33 AM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 17,325

Looks like Khulna is preety strong team. I wouldn't be surprised if they go all the way.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old October 2, 2007, 12:10 PM
SS SS is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 24, 2004
Posts: 9,843

Instead of eyeing divisional success, I am more interested in individual performance. Definitely few batsmen will be working hard to get attention before NZ tour. I hope it will not be another picnic cricket. But I would desperately want to have a pacer/bouncy wicket. It's very clear that our batting is the most vulnerable areas in recent games. This is the greatest opportunity for players to learn how to play in pacer friendly wickets. BCB should start thinking differently that only our spinners will help us in abroad, but they are totally ignoring the importance of our batting debacles and weaknesses. Facing Bond, Gillespie, Mills, Martin will be definitely an uphill task for our batsmen. Another thing to work on for our batsmen is to deal with rising deliveries and footwork. There is no improvements since we had our 2000. BCB did extremely bad job not appointing a batting coach.

Last edited by SS; October 2, 2007 at 12:17 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old October 2, 2007, 02:38 PM
Sohel's Avatar
Sohel Sohel is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: April 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Posts: 35,464

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
NCL squads finalised



SQUADS

DHAKA: Mohammad Ashraful (captain), Anwar Hossain, Uttam Sarker, Shamsur Rahman, Marshall Ayub, Al Shahriar, Sajjad Kadir (wicketkeeper), Nadif Chowdhury, Javed Omar, Mohammad Sharif, Mehrab Hossain (Jr.), Nazmul Hossain Milon, Arafat Sunny, Mahmudullah Riyad, Anwar Hossain Monir, Mosharraf Hossain, Mahbubul Alam, Shahadat Hossain Rajib, Mohammed Rafique, Mohammad Azim

RAJSHAHI: Khaled Mashud (captain/wicketkeeper), Nayeem Islam, Anisur Rahman, Mushfiqur Rahman, Junaed Siddique, Hasanuzzaman Rozel, Jahirul Islam, Rabiul Karim, Rafiqul Islam, Mahbub Alam, Farhad Reza, Sohrawardi Shuvo, Saiful Islam Suhash, Mohammad Shajada, Delwar Hossain, Saqlain Sajib, Sumon Saha, Alamgir Kabir, Shafaq Al Jaber, Shakil Haider

CHITTAGONG: Ehsanul Haque (captain), Gazi Salauddin, Dhiman Ghosh (wicketkeeper), Faisal Hossain, Nazimuddin, Elias Sunny, Tamim Iqbal, Nafees Iqbal, Wascorni Ahmed, Masumuddowla, Shabbir Khan, Tarek Aziz, Mahbubul Karim, Aftab Ahmed, Raihanuddin Arafat, Gazi Alamgir, Ashiqur Rahman, Kamrul Islam, Sajjadul Haque Ripon, Mahmuduzzaman

KHULNA:Habibul Bashar (captain), Mustafizur Rahman, Jamal Uddin Babu, Imrul Kayes, Monirul Islam, Mohammad Salim, Nazmus Sadat, Nahidul Haque, Ziaur Rahman, Sahagir Hossain (wicketkeeper), Tushar Imran, Dollar Mahmud, Shakib Al Hasan, Abdur Razzak, Monjurul Islam, Syed Rasel, Mashrafe Bin Mortaza, Robiul Islam Shiblu, Shafiul Alam, Fariduddin Masud

SYLHET: Rajin Saleh (captain), Alok Kapali, Imtiaz Hossain, Golam Mabud, Golam Mowla, Golam Rahman, Saif Mahmud, Rezaul Haque, Tapash Baishya, Nazmul Hossain, Hasibul Hossain, Enamul Haque (Jr.), Saju Datt, Mushfiqur Rahim (wicketkeeper), Sirajullah Khadim, Nabil Samad, Sharifullah, Nizamuddin Ripon, Rashedur Rahman, Sadiqur Rahman

BARISAL: Shahriar Nafees (captain), Hannan Sarkar, Imran Ahmed, Raquibul Hasan, Nasiruddin Faruque, Shaheen Hossain (wicketkeeper), Abul Bashar, Arafat Salauddin, Ali Arman Rajan, Talha Jubair, Sajjadul Islam, Debobroto Paul, Lablur Rahman, Tarikul Islam, Humayun Kabir, Ahsanullah Hasan, Raisul Islam, Proshenjit Bose, Monowar Hossain, Ariful Haque.
Dhaka- 1st or 2nd.
Khulna- 1st or 2nd.
Chittagong- 3rd or 4th ... maybe better.
Sylhet- 3rd or 4th.
Barisal- 4th or 5th ... maybe better.
Rajshahi- 6th.

Green bold- Great expectations
Black bold- Good expectations
Normal- No expectations
Red- Crap
__________________
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; October 2, 2007 at 10:08 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old October 2, 2007, 02:55 PM
Nafi's Avatar
Nafi Nafi is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 23, 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad
Posts: 5,878

I hate when people speak ill of JO
__________________
BD_Shardul: ''I myself will not go through the troubles of dating. I will offer a prayer that will let me know if my would be bride is compatible with me through a dream''
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old October 2, 2007, 03:01 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 17,325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Naf
I hate when people speak ill of JO
But who speaked ill of JO in this thread?
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old October 2, 2007, 03:19 PM
Sohel's Avatar
Sohel Sohel is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: April 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Posts: 35,464

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Naf
I hate when people speak ill of JO
Sorry for the misunderstanding bro. I was commenting on his game in a rather frivolous manner, not him as a man ...
__________________
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old October 2, 2007, 04:30 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 30,027

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Dhaka- 1st or 2nd.
Khulna- 1st or 2nd.
Chittagong- 3rd or 4th ... maybe better.
Sylhet- 3rd or 4th.
Barisal- 4th or 5th ... maybe better.
Rajshahi- 6th.
Just because KM is Rajshahi'r capitano doesn't mean he will self-distruct his team. He is gunning for ICL call up to play Twenty/20.

In my book, Rajshahi would end up in the top. Who knows over-rated, not interested Ash's team may end up even at 3rd or lower. This I consider after the call up of national players for test.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old October 2, 2007, 04:36 PM
Sohel's Avatar
Sohel Sohel is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: April 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Posts: 35,464

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Just because KM is Rajshahi'r capitano doesn't mean he will self-distruct his team. He is gunning for ICL call up to play Twenty/20.

In my book, Rajshahi would end up in the top. Who knows over-rated, not interested Ash's team may end up even at 3rd or lower. This I consider after the call up of national players for test.
Maybe. Although I think Pilot is still the best keeper we have, his batting has gone to hell. With the bat,he's a liability to any team. I'm not sure about his well documented unpleasant behavior inside the locker room either. If you add Rajshahi's bowling into that mix, Alamgir Kabir is their opening bowler FGS, I don't see how they can manage anything other than last place in the NCL, despite possible heroics from my boy Zunead "Big Z" Siddique.
__________________
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket