facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 4, 2007, 09:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Default The most terrifying moment in your life ?

well i just had a terrifying moment today and i thought about this thread after that lol so here it goes:
what is your most terrifying moment in your life ?

my terrifying moment was when i had a a thorn type thing in my feet for months and it didnt come out and i had this surgery today with local anistesia and when i looked at my feet during the operation it was horrible i was so scared during the operation,from now on i am never going to a hospital,i hate it !lol.
Old October 4, 2007, 09:08 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Terrifying moments...

Every time before any exam or project submission... I have similar dreams...simply terrifying...

1. Went to the exam hall and can't answer any questions as it's a different paper
2. Forgot to return the answer script and now chasing the invigilator after the exam is well over
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Forgot every formula and the calculator is not working during the exam.

And finally I feel greatly relieved after discovering it's only a dream.
Old October 4, 2007, 09:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Terrifying moments...

Every time before any exam or project submission... I have similar dreams...simply terrifying...

1. Went to the exam hall and can't answer any questions as it's a different paper
2. Forgot to return the answer script and now chasing the invigilator after the exam is well over
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Forgot every formula and the calculator is not working during the exam.

And finally I feel greatly relieved after discovering it's only a dream.
haha omg! i also had this dream the night before my maths exam lol i saw that i didnt learn any formula and didnt know anything omg it was just... bad,lol but then i got a 100% in the exam lol,looks like hard work really does pay off.
Old October 4, 2007, 09:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Well, I almost got ran over by a car 3 weeks ago. Those near death episodes are as terrifying as it gets.
Old October 4, 2007, 09:30 AM
Cricket Sage

The most terrifying moment in your life ?

so far?

When I was born I guess.

In future?

When I will die.
Old October 4, 2007, 09:50 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Default Finding Allah

MYPL D,

Thank you for this excellent thread.

I will talk about the most incredible moment in my life. A moment that defies easy classification as either “terrifying” or “ecstatic” …

An intense spiritual/intellectual/physical experience somewhat "out of the blue" that led to my real, willful submission to Allah at the age of 20 in 1987.

My friend Chris Issak was teaching me to surf in Ocean Beach, San Francisco. I was having incredible difficulty with the ice cold water gnawing at every inch of my body right through the wet-suit, and trying to stand up on the board without any success. After wiping out and hitting my head against the board for perhaps the 20th time, suddenly I felt like an integral part of everything around me. For those few, indescribably vivid moments I could no longer distinguish anything other than an ecstatic sort of super consciousness outside of myself as something apart from me or my body. I was every molecule of all the known and unknown elements that surrounded me with immense clarity. It became abundantly clear to me that everything was deliberately engineered and created by Allah and I empathized with everything and everyone. My spirit, intellect and every cell in my body acted as one and reassured me that everything is alright and worthy of the love, compassion and empathy Allah has graciously accorded me in this life.

Chris dragged me ashore. Back on the beach, I just broke down, totally overwhelmed by the beauty and love around me, and cried the purest tears of gratitude to Allah for dispensing such grace upon one of his many creations, and submitted willfully to Him as his grateful slave. The Holy Quraan made perfect sense to like never before. Since that day I have been Salat-obsessed.

Much later, while doing my Masters in psychology, I found out about the miracle of what is known as the "GOD Spot" in our brains ... go figure.

Quote:
Science Meets Religion

In a strange mixing of paths, scientific study has found that there exists in every human being a part of the brain that has been identified as the "God Module". This module was found to be stimulated by meditation and prayer causing dramatic experiences in the brain ranging from hearing voices to mystical and paranormal experiences.

In comparative terms, it seems that the actions of Salat as described in the Quran seem to be a stimuli for the activation of such a neurological portal thus inducing the "Connection" with the Spirit.

"Findings seem to point to a region of the brain commonly referred to as the 'God Spot' or 'God Module', that when stimulated creates hallucinations that are interpreted as mystical or spiritual experiences. This 'spot' is stimulated during meditation and prayer and is affected by electromagnetic fields and epilepsy. The resulting hallucinations may be the cause of mystical, spiritual and paranormal experiences as they can give feelings such as a presence in the room or an out of body experience. In the case of epileptics, this may be the reason for many of them becoming obsessed with religion. For those who experience the stimulation it is explained related to their own personal beliefs; a visit from an angel or lost loved one, an extraterrestrial encounter, a higher plane of consciousness or a visit from God."
Take care bro.

Peace, Sohel.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; October 5, 2007 at 09:31 PM..
Old October 4, 2007, 09:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

I was in a night coach way to home. I sat at the left row first sit.The bus was on very high speed and suddenly front left tire got flat. The bus turned left, all the people (driver, helper, passengers) hold the steering wheel to keep the bus on track, and got escaped from colliding a mango tree just a few centimeters away. OMG, I can still feel the touch of death. If collided, I would have been the first person to get crashed!

Last edited by cricket_dorshok; October 4, 2007 at 10:06 AM..
Old October 4, 2007, 10:18 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash and Sakib

my terrifying moment was when i was lost in a super market, i was so scared then after some minutes a man called me i was much scared because i was thinking that what if the man takes me with him,i did'nt go to that man, that man went then my brother and father saw me they took me and we went home.
Old October 4, 2007, 02:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

most terrifing moments in Grade 7: "meet me after lunch". Everyone knew what punishment awaits. Outside the corridores they would have been charged for battery and assult. Bd summer, wearing only blue short, rolling on the pitch roads(where one could not stand still even for few seconds - too hot), with seniors kicking us with their boots.

Grade 11 and 12: Gutly (principal) slapping the hell out of us, cursing us and threantening us to suspend from school and would charge our parents for financial compensation?? Now that's just cold. That's where I learnt nothing hurts more when ones parents are to pay for his/her misdeeds.

College at US: Financial crisis. No loans available. Semister approaching. No money in the pocket. Can't sit out a semister either. sleepless nights to follow.

Driving: In 1992, around 2-3am in the morning, on an icy interstate in Minnesota, no control over the station wagon, and the car moving towards the 18 wheeler (between the big tires) which was going 65+ mph. The paniced face of my friends who were sitting in passenger sides (front and back seats) gave me a real scare. In the end, I did slam on the brakes and we hit the rig's rear wheels and spinning several times and ending up in between the median. By the mercy of our lord we all survived without a scratch.
Old October 4, 2007, 03:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Lost and Found: got lost when i was 7-10 @ the Expo Fair. One shop owner asked me whether i was lost but i told him No i am not lost but my parents are... and he announced in the mike just like that " Harano Bigopti, Ekti 7/8 bocherer cheler pita mata harano gachey... jodi keo etc etc...

Driving: Lost control of the car went to ditch and then came back to the Highway70 and past some cars while spinning in 360 went to the other side of the ditch. Not a scrach... Drove the car back home...

Daughter: Lost my daughter from disney store in the mall when she was 1+ years old. later found her outside the store several stores down. She just figured out that she was alone and wasn't sure whether to cry or not and when she saw us started to cry. By the way she took several toys out of the store with her and the alarm didn't went off... I returned all the toys though

Latest Scare: Yesterday while shutting my TLs trunk from corner of my eye i saw a hand going in to the trunk but my daughter in time took it out. the trunk door missed her 2 year old hand by a mili-second and it could have broke her figures into peaces...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Old October 4, 2007, 03:35 PM
First Class Cricketer

Sohel NR, did you know that Cat Stevens (now Yusuf Islam) had a similar experince that led to his conversion?
....we should send all the infidels to a west coast surfing lesson :-)
Old October 4, 2007, 03:52 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

ami kaure dorai na.... so, no question of getting terrified.
Old October 4, 2007, 04:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

About six yrs back, went along with a bunch of people on a white water rafting tour, about two hours north of Pittsburgh, in the Allegheny Mountains, called Ohio Pile. It was class 4 rapids in the early Spring. Needless to say, the river water was ice cold, freshly fed from the melting snow of the mountains nearby. It was my third trip to that same place and this time around was the earliest in the season when the river level was very high. There were six of us in the raft. Our so called "expert" in the group was obviously the first one in the front of the raft, the person responsible for directing and barking out instructions for the people behind him. I sat all the way in the back row. Don't ask me why, but did so, because of this smoking hot ch**k which the "expert"'s new girlfriend brought along with her. The "expert" just started dating his new GF and was all gung ho about showing off. Anyway, we did well managing the first fall, but the second one in front, a huge pile of rock and a vertical drop of about 10-12 feet with all the gushing water will freeze anyones nerve. Our guide before the tour started basically told us to be careful about that drop. He gave us many tips/warning and told us to be in complete unison and follow the instructions ( guide stays nearby in a kayak by himslef ). As we approached the monster, there was a complete breakdown of order. "Expert" freaked out and started doing all different things. It all happened so soon that left us no time to adjust or even hear each other underneath that veil of defeaning noise of water. We tried to rescue by paddling the other way to avoid collsion with the big rock. The fall itself is sandwidched between to giant rock formations and one has to guide the raft through that, ride the water down the slope and then carry on downstream . We hit the giant head on, raft went in the air, front side up first, flipped, and all six were thrown off the raft straight down the fall. I was the last one to go since I was sitting in the back with, lets call her "SH", and what followed next was more than horrific. Lifejacket can't help if you are stuck in underwater rocks. You will drown and qucikly die unless hypothermia kills you first. I hit the fall, dropped with it, got banged a few times by some rocks ( not in my head but legs and arms ) and just got swept away by the awsome current. Don't know how long I was in the water, but the whole time, I was getting pulled in all different directions by the gushing water. I was afraid to get caught in one of those 'whirlpools' that can finish you off. What seemed like an eternity, finally ended with me finding my feet on the ground as I drifted down a good 100-150 yrds from where we catapulted upstream. It was the most terrfying moment of my life and I was sure of death staring me in the face. Just as it happened, it all ended, and calm prevailed all around. I pulled me out of the water. I saw some guides who usually walk on the mountainous shore along the river trying to throw ropes at other people still in the water. Just saw an oar float by. I was looking for "SH" in the river. Would I jump in the water if I see her in distress? Surely not, I said to myslef, not even her though I thought maybe she is the one who melted all the ice. To my utter surprise, she was on solid ground before me and was trudging along the shore, albeit a bit gingerly, from the bout with nature. I walked upto her and while we were both catching our breath, we saw in the distance, our "expert" getting pulled out of the water, hanging on to the rope thrown from the shore. It all ended fine. No one died, just a few cuts and bruises and one very mungled ego. Poor chap was blaming himslef for the whole ordeal and we were just happy to be come out alive. I know I was...

To be continued....
Old October 4, 2007, 04:25 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Gotta Say, Sohel Bhai, tha was byutiful, your posts are most interesting to read, i love the way you write!
Old October 4, 2007, 04:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
About six yrs back, went along with a bunch of people on a white water rafting tour, about two hours north of Pittsburgh, in the Allegheny Mountains, called Ohio Pile. It was class 4 rapids in the early Spring. Needless to say, the river water was ice cold, freshly fed from the melting snow of the mountains nearby. It was my third trip to that same place and this time around was the earliest in the season when the river level was very high. There were six of us in the raft. Our so called "expert" in the group was obviously the first one in the front of the raft, the person responsible for directing and barking out instructions for the people behind him. I sat all the way in the back row. Don't ask me why, but did so, because of this smoking hot ch**k which the "expert"'s new girlfriend brought along with her. The "expert" just started dating his new GF and was all gung ho about showing off. Anyway, we did well managing the first fall, but the second one in front, a huge pile of rock and a vertical drop of about 10-12 feet with all the gushing water will freeze anyones nerve. Our guide before the tour started basically told us to be careful about that drop. He gave us many tips/warning and told us to be in complete unison and follow the instructions ( guide stays nearby in a kayak by himslef ). As we approached the monster, there was a complete breakdown of order. "Expert" freaked out and started doing all different things. It all happened so soon that left us no time to adjust or even hear each other underneath that veil of defeaning noise of water. We tried to rescue by paddling the other way to avoid collsion with the big rock. The fall itself is sandwidched between to giant rock formations and one has to guide the raft through that, ride the water down the slope and then carry on downstream . We hit the giant head on, raft went in the air, front side up first, flipped, and all six were thrown off the raft straight down the fall. I was the last one to go since I was sitting in the back with, lets call her "SH", and what followed next was more than horrific. Lifejacket can't help if you are stuck in underwater rocks. You will drown and qucikly die unless hypothermia kills you first. I hit the fall, dropped with it, got banged a few times by some rocks ( not in my head but legs and arms ) and just got swept away by the awsome current. Don't know how long I was in the water, but the whole time, I was getting pulled in all different directions by the gushing water. I was afraid to get caught in one of those 'whirlpools' that can finish you off. What seemed like an eternity, finally ended with me finding my feet on the ground as I drifted down a good 100-150 yrds from where we catapulted upstream. It was the most terrfying moment of my life and I was sure of death staring me in the face. Just as it happened, it all ended, and calm prevailed all around. I pulled me out of the water. I saw some guides who usually walk on the mountainous shore along the river trying to throw ropes at other people still in the water. Just saw an oar float by. I was looking for "SH" in the river. Would I jump in the water if I see her in distress? Surely not, I said to myslef, not even her though I thought maybe she is the one who melted all the ice. To my utter surprise, she was on solid ground before me and was trudging along the shore, albeit a bit gingerly, from the bout with nature. I walked upto her and while we were both catching our breath, we saw in the distance, our "expert" getting pulled out of the water, hanging on to the rope thrown from the shore. It all ended fine. No one died, just a few cuts and bruises and one very mungled ego. Poor chap was blaming himslef for the whole ordeal and we were just happy to be come out alive. I know I was...

To be continued....
rojar maash shesh hoile SHer chhobee pathayen amake

on another note, that near death experience is perfect for a pick up line

"SH, you know it is destiny that we ride each other after riding these waves, nearly dying, and surviving."
Old October 4, 2007, 05:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib/Anamul

Very interesting Sohel bhai a great read as usual, u spk with so much knowledge, I rly like it. every place needs sum1 with ur great knowledge and wisdom.
Old October 4, 2007, 08:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

i had coupless..but this is the most recent oness...my friend was doinn 140 on a strightway....my other friend was encouraginn himm to go moree..all i cud see was everything just flying right thruu....i was likee hold the steering wheel tightt..cause if he he lost control..we wud have been dead right there...
Old October 4, 2007, 11:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Rahul Dravid

I was few hundred yards away with my friends when a bomb attack on a gathering at Ramna Botomul on Pahela Baishakh( April 14, 2001) killed 11 and injures many. It was terrifying for sure......still I can recall the blunt sound and the smoke....I couldn't sleep for few days
Old October 5, 2007, 01:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Shakib

when i was 5 i had to have an operation on my neck
and when i was 11 i had to have my appendix taken out
Old October 5, 2007, 02:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
MYPL D,

I will talk about the most incredible moment in my life. A moment that defies easy classification as either “terrifying” or “ecstatic” …

An intense spiritual/intellectual/physical experience somewhat "out of the blue" that led to my real, willful submission to Allah at the age of 20 in 1987.

My friend Chris Issak was teaching I was me to surf in Ocean Beach, San Francisco. I was having incredible difficulty with the ice cold water gnawing at every inch of my body right through the wet-suit, and trying to stand up on the board without any success. After wiping out and hitting my head against the board for perhaps the 20th time, suddenly I felt like an integral part of everything around me. For those few, indescribably vivid moments I could no longer distinguish anything other than an ecstatic sort of super consciousness outside of myself as something apart from me or my body. I was every molecule of all the known and unknown elements that surrounded me with immense clarity. It became abundantly clear to me that everything was deliberately engineered and created by Allah and I empathized with everything and everyone. My spirit, intellect and every cell in my body acted as one and reassured me that everything is alright and worthy of the love Allah has accorded me in this life.

Chris dragged me ashore. Back on the beach, I just broke down, totally overwhelmed by the beauty and love around me, and cried the purest tears of gratitude to Allah for dispensing such grace upon one of his many creations, and submitted willfully to Him as his grateful slave. The Holy Quraan made perfect sense to like never before. Since that day I have been Salat-obsessed.

Much later, while doing my Masters in psychology, I found out about the miracle of what is known as the "GOD Spot" in our brains ... go figure.

Take care bro.

Peace, Sohel.
wow that was a really good read just like all your other posts!!! one day i want to be able to write like you
Old October 5, 2007, 02:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Sofel bhai, thanks for sharing your "God Spot" experience. I will have to read up on it... sounds very interesting.

Waiting to read the 2nd part of Beamer's story... I am pretty sure the girl "SH" has a more prominent role in the second part! Let's hope the story has a happy ending
Old October 5, 2007, 04:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: PRINCE OF KOLKATA!!!

most terrifying moment had to be when i came out of a corner shop after buying a Simpsons magazine at the age of 8. my sister had just been born and my ma was looking after her while to get some money from bank rite next to shop. i went inside to buy the magazine. now i was a bit of a brat at the time, and my ma wasnt too happy with me, as i had been pestering her. also i was too young and never interested in the car we travelled in, i came out of the shop and saw a similar black BMW like my Dads car drive off, i ran to catch up with it but it was too fast for me. i thought ma had left me for good, only when she screamed my name telling me off for buying the extra chocloate bar, which had been specifically banned did sense prevail.... i realised that ma drives a ford not a beamer......
Old October 5, 2007, 07:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
MYPL D,

My friend Chris Issak was teaching I was me to surf in Ocean Beach, San Francisco. I was having incredible difficulty with the ice cold water gnawing at every inch of my body right through the wet-suit, and trying to stand up on the board without any success. After wiping out and hitting my head against the board for perhaps the 20th time, suddenly I felt like an integral part of everything around me. For those few, indescribably vivid moments I could no longer distinguish anything other than an ecstatic sort of super consciousness outside of myself as something apart from me or my body. I was every molecule of all the known and unknown elements that surrounded me with immense clarity. It became abundantly clear to me that everything was deliberately engineered and created by Allah and I empathized with everything and everyone. My spirit, intellect and every cell in my body acted as one and reassured me that everything is alright and worthy of the love Allah has accorded me in this life.

Take care bro.

Peace, Sohel.
thank you alot for sharing this wonderful moment of yours,great post btw.
Old October 5, 2007, 07:47 AM
Cricket Legend

haha i am posting with one of my leg upside down hahahahaha,i might not be able to post much these days for this injury and i cant walk much and the doc said not to put pressure inm my foot,damn i hate operations.
Old October 5, 2007, 11:57 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash and Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo
haha i am posting with one of my leg upside down hahahahaha,i might not be able to post much these days for this injury and i cant walk much and the doc said not to put pressure inm my foot,damn i hate operations.
dhrubo bhaiya why did'nt you said anything about me? for me only you have done this post because you was sleeping and i made you wake up ,if you would not be injured then you was going to wake up yourself.