facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 5, 2007, 06:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Lightbulb Fear of Death

Death is inevitable, and fearing the inevitable is absurd. The spiritual terms of one’s own death, now that’s another story altogether.

The belief for a Muslim or a submitter like me is that I shall die whenever Allah, my ONLY Lord and Master de facto and otherwise, wishes so. I on the other hand, have been accorded some choices, responsibilities and consequences thereof in this life by Allah, the Omniscient and Omnipotent. Depending on the choices I make, I can perhaps positively influence some of the terms of that inevitability in order to Jihad - meaning to struggle and endeavor - for a “happy” death.

Quote:
"That is because God was not to change anything He bestowed to a people, unless they change what is in themselves. God is Hearer, Knowledgeable." (The Message 8:53)
A “happy” death for me, based on a great deal of study on the human brain and real individuals who have had near death experiences and were in fact clinically dead for a “short” period of time - including my own mother’s clinical death that lasted for 90 seconds – means death with a “clear conscience”. This “happy death” in my humble opinion - I shall delve into some of the reasons behind the rationale behind having such an opinion later - resulting from a life without a “mask” or an “ego” that hides my true, naked self and its pure existential essence, inclusive of all of its strengths, weaknesses, vulnerabilities and areas of opportunities in absolute sincerity. The sort of pure existential essence that has no frame of reference other than being a perhaps all too humble creation of Allah in the eyes of the world.

Why is such a “happy death” important to me?

I have come to a humble theoretical understanding about a few things with regards to the moment of our inevitable death. That said, allow me to clarify some of the possible insinuations by saying that I shall not be about to verify the theory until I am upon that moment myself, and until then, my faith and continued studies are all of have, happily so. Anyway, some of those things are: -

1. The brain - being the most complex and to date the most mysterious part of the human body in terms of its capacities and potential functions thereof – contains what many call the “subconscious mind”, something that records everything, despite its particular level of sensual consciousness, we input into our existence. We cannot hide anything from this mechanism through clever rationalizations or various forms of false securities and ephemeral comforts. As a Muslim, I believe that our subconscious mind is what “records” all of our actions and intent for His divine judgment.

2. It could be argued that when we dream either good or bad things that we do not particularly wish to dream about, our subconscious mind is symbiotically communicating with our conscious mind using its own and perhaps self-contained to a large extent - syntax and elliptical reasoning(s) through an often heterogeneous collection of images. What we experience during dreams with regards to all of our senses is real until we wake up and realize that we have been dreaming. Dreams exist in their own realms of space-time or “world” so to speak, and consequently have their own ways of measuring space-time that have little to do with clock-time and the 3 other dimensions we are easily conscious of. If we do not wake up from the reality of the “dream” and into the reality of the “world”, the latter reality would exist perhaps totally out of our individual consciousness and become irrelevant to us as individuals. As far as the “eternal” sleeper is concerned, his dream is the only reality.

3. What we do during the waking hours and the intent behind those activities, as sensed by the typical sensory input system of the body, have a psychological impact on what goes into the subconscious mind and the psyche. The psychological impact is at once emotional and intellectual, a psycho-holistic impact or unifying experience I shall call within a very narrow context – “the spiritual experience of the pure self”. Simply put, it is the holistic - meaning the symbiotic relationship between what we perceive to be divisions such as the body, the mind, the individually unknown and yet to be internalized modalities and functions of and connections between each – and absolutely honest and sincere awareness of intent behind each one of those “acts”, in the broadest sense of the word, irrespective of how we chose to consciously deny, bury or rationalize that intent for an ultimately false sense of security in order to fit into a social, unsocial or even anti-social apparatus of existential capture. I will go off on a bit of relevant tangent here by clarifying the aforementioned "types" a bit ...

Quote:
> A person who somewhat unquestionably defines himself first and foremost in terms of a particular frame of reference rather than his/her "existential essence", or as a “group” member who fails to fairly question unilateral authority bound by a set of “infallible” rules created and perpetuated by that same authority, or take other initiatives that may actually benefit the stated “good” or rationale of the group is an individual involved in a social apparatus of his/her choice. A “silent citizen” is a good example of this “type” of individual who seeks comfort in numbers inside his/her respective social apparatus.

> A person who understands the indignity in speaking for others, lives in his/her own world apart from society so to speak, and is quite content doing so, is involved in an unsocial apparatus of his/her own making. Interaction and synergies amongst different unsocial apparatus do take place, but often not deeply enough to for to form a small conglomerate. When they do, they can eventually become a “nomadic” or “anti-territorializing” gathering where power relations within the “gathering” are horizontal and the specific mission, or context-based hierarchical roles instantly reversible within flexible interpretations of general, mutually agreed upon guidelines. For me personally as this “type” of an individual, my community of friends in real as well as cyberspace, including the totality of the experience right here in BC, is an example of the “unsocial apparatus”.

> A person who does not understand the indignity in speaking for others, lives in his/her own world apart from society despite appearances to the contrary, longs to enforce and impose his will upon the lives of others, perhaps stemming from his/her own sense of unmanaged sufferings, and is someone who derives a sort of “vengeful” pleasure from the humiliation, pain and helplessness of the actual or fantasized victims under his/her “control” is involved in an anti-social apparatus of his/her own making. I shall cite Jeffrey Dahmer, Usama Bin Laden and George Bush Jr as different, perhaps somewhat extreme examples of this “type” of person who are capable of harm either as solitary psychopaths, or psychopaths leading other psychopaths and mesmerized, unthinking followers often citing their “job’ in order to rationalize their actions.
4. Back to the topic. If the ego is simply the “mask” fabricated from denials, rationalizations, escapes that hide the true, sincere, honest “self” underneath, during dreams and inside the world of the subconscious, the mask fails to function and “confesses” to us. I believe that the actual discrepancies between the “mask” and the “self” may dictate the nature of the dream in terms of being good, frightening or ambiguous. The things we bury and hid in order to deny, rationalize and seek ultimately a false sense of comfort, can ultimately haunt us in our dreams and impact how we are to others in our waking lives, irrespective of the “type” of individual we are choosing to be , or the sort of apparatus we make ourselves a part of.

5. The human brain is not only the “command center” but also the most complex organ in the human body, and is perhaps the last major organ to “die” in the even of our death. Accepting that as a premise, then it is very much possible that at the moment of our death, our brain with all of its known, yet to be known and unknown capacities, goes into a state of great shock while being conscious of death, partially because it’s own modalities and functions as the “command center” are facing the totally new reality of the body's cardiovascular system ceasing to function with all of its consequences. In other words, “the command center” has become more “self-contained” than ever as the cardiovascular system or “the engine” that drives body or the “apparatus” has ceased to function.

6. During that state of shock brought about by the moment of our death, it is highly likely that we enter a “dream state” that we cannot be “awakened” from, rendering what we’re dreaming as “the final reality” in a dimension of space-time totally alien to us while we’re “alive”. I believe that the dream consciousness can last an eternity until it transforms into something else.

7. Therefore, perhaps the moment of our death is a “judgment” before the Judgment, a good dream during that inevitable moment is a “paradise” before the Paradise, and a nightmare is “hell” before the Hell.

8. A good or “happy” death for me means a death that leads to a “good” dream at the moment of my death, a happy death that I believe can only be brought about by a “clear conscience”.

What is my Jihad, or how do I struggle and endeavor to clear my conscience as an individual during my life?

I have chosen to the following way of life: -

1. To willfully submit myself to Allah who in His infinite grace, can accord me, his humble slave, the sort of blissfully comforting consciousness of His divine presence in my every breath as an integral part of all of his known, yet to be known, and unknown creations. I submit myself, feel and say "I SUBMIT MYSELF TO THE LORD OF THE WORLDS". (Arabic: Aslamtu li rabbil aalameen). The ever present Allah consciousness that helps me shed my own mask and gives me the impetus to follow His and only His commands and suggestions as revealed in the Holy Quraan, and as per that revelation, without setting up any other de facto authority or partners with Him and His revelation, as I, His humble slave endowed only with what He has granted me, feel, see and understand as a submitter or Muslim in this life and the life to come while eagerly awaiting His judgment out of a sense of that willful and loving submission and nothing else.

Quote:
"...O people of the Scripture, let us come to a common agreement between us and between you; that 1) we do not serve except God, and 2) do not set up anything at all with Him, and 3) that none of us takes each other as patrons besides God...." (The Message 3:64)

"Do not accept anything that you yourself cannot verify. Surely your hearing, your eyesight and your mind will be questioned" (17:36)
2. To follow the straight path as revealed in the Holy Quraan to the best of my sincere understanding and ability as a responsible Muslim commanded to utilize all of the faculties accorded me by our Creator.

Quote:
"Say: 'come let me recite to you what your Lord Has forbade for you:

that you should not set-up anything with Him.

and be kind to your parents;

and do not kill your unborn children for fear of poverty, We provide for you and for them;

and do not come near evil, what is openly of it, or secretly;

and do not kill the soul which GOD Has forbidden, except in justice. That is what He enjoined you that you may comprehend'.

'And do not come near the money of the orphan, except for what is best, until he reached his maturity;

and give honestly full measure and weight equitably. We do not burden a soul except by what it can bear.

And if you speak then be just even if against a relative;

and with pledges made to GOD you shall observe. This He Has enjoined you that you may remember'.

And this is My path, a Straight One, so you shall follow it, and do not follow the other paths lest they divert you from His path. That is what He has enjoined you to that you may be righteous." (6:151-153)
3. To endeavor to follow Islamic etiquette as revealed in the Holy Quraan, sincerely and wholeheartedly in my dealings with others.

Quote:
Always Respond to a 'Greeting':

"When greeted with a greeting, you shall respond with a better greeting or at least an equal one. GOD reckons all things." (4:86)

"O ye who believe! When ye go abroad in the cause of Allah, investigate carefully, and say not to any one who offers you a salutation: "Thou art not a believer!"..." (4:94)

Always Say 'Good' things:

"Do you not see that GOD has cited the example of a good word as a good tree whose root is firmly fixed, and its branches are high in the sky. It produces its crop every season, as designed by its Lord. GOD thus cites the examples for the people, that they may take heed." (14:24-25)

Be 'Humble', and speak 'Lightly':

"Walk humbly and lower your voice, the ugliest voice is the donkey's voice." (31:19)

Invite to GOD with wisdom and kindness:

"Invite to the path of your Lord with wisdom and kind enlightenment, and debate with them in the best possible manner. Your Lord knows best who has strayed from His path, and He knows best who are the guided ones." (16:125)

"It was mercy from GOD that you became compassionate towards them. Had you been harsh and mean-hearted, they would have abandoned you. Therefore, you shall pardon them and ask forgiveness for them, and consult them. Once you make a decision, carry out your plan, and trust in GOD. GOD loves those who trust in Him." (3:159)

Be Kind to your parents:

"Your Lord has decreed that you shall not worship except Him, and your parents shall be honored. As long as one or both of them live, you shall never say to them, "Uff" (the slightest gesture of annoyance), nor shall you shout at them; you shall treat them amicably. And lower for them the wings of humility, and kindness, and say, "My Lord, have mercy on them, for they have raised me from infancy." (17:23-24)

Suppress Anger & Forgive People:

"who (the righteous) give to charity during the good times, as well as the bad times. They are suppressors of anger, and pardoners of the people. GOD loves the charitable." (3:134)

Counter Evil with Good:

"Not equal is the good response and the bad response. You shall resort to the nicest possible response. Thus, the one who used to be your enemy, may become your best friend." (41:34)

"They steadfastly persevere in seeking their Lord, observe the Link (Salat), spend from our provisions to them secretly and publicly, and counter evil with good. These have deserved the best abode." (13:22)

Do NOT Say 'Bad' things:

"And the example of the bad word is that of a bad tree chopped at the soil level; it has no roots to keep it firm." (14:26)

Do NOT be 'Arrogant' or 'Carefree':

"You shall not treat the people with arrogance, nor shall you roam the earth carefree. GOD does not like the arrogant showoffs." (31:18)

Do NOT engage in 'ignorant' talk:

"The servants of the Almighty are those who tread the earth gently, and when the ignorant speak to them, they only utter peace." (25:63)

Do NOT Curse the Idolaters:

"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (6:108)

Do NOT make fun of others, or call them names:

"O you who believe, no people shall ridicule other people, for they may be better than they. Nor shall any women ridicule other women, for they may be better than they. Nor shall you mock one another, or call each other names. Evil indeed is the reversion to wickedness after attaining faith. Anyone who does not repent after this, these are the transgressors." (49:11)

Do NOT be suspicious, or spy on one another, or backbite:

"O you who believe, if a wicked person brings any news to you, you shall first investigate, lest you commit injustice towards some people, out of ignorance, then become sorry and remorseful for what you have done." (49:6)

"O you who believe, you shall avoid any suspicion, for even a little bit of suspicion is sinful. You shall not spy on one another, nor shall you backbite one another; this is as abominable as eating the flesh of your dead brother. You certainly abhor this. You shall observe GOD. GOD is Redeemer, Most Merciful." (49:12)

Do NOT be 'Racist':

"O people, We created you from the same male and female, and rendered you distinct peoples and tribes, that you may recognize one another. The best among you in the sight of GOD is the most righteous. GOD is Omniscient, Cognizant." (49:13)
4. To read, get deeply inspired by, think about and internalize the guidance revealed Quraan as a I pray, I fast, I serve my community, I endeavor to meet my moral, intellectual, ethical and financial obligations to myself, my family, my community and the world as a part of Allah's creation, I endeavor to refrain from unkind acts to myself - meaning the indivisible unity of my spirit, intellect and body - and everyone and everything in the world around me, and finally I humbly struggle for justice as the extension of cultivating and nurturing that kindness as an expression of my submission and faith.

Last words

For me personally as an Muslim, the defining principle of being one is love of Allah, and the manifestation of that love through the diligent cultivation of kindness, and social justice as an extension of that kindness. Kindness starts with oneself by taking care of the "self" and constantly endeavoring to discard the "ego" and "unmask" oneself by willfully submitting to Allah, by taking care of one’s family and community, and by understanding that Allah is the ONLY omniscient and omnipotent judge of all things, and nobody will escape HIS judgment in this world or the moment of our death and beyond.

By the end of the day, I live for that inevitable moment of death by struggling to do only what my willful submission to Allah as revealed in the Holy Quraan, empowers me choose and do kind and just things everyday to myself, my family, my community and the world around me. I work and pray for the happiness of others in this world and the world to come simply because of the love, compassion and empathy accorded me and all other Human beings in the world.

Among all other reasons as to why I feel that I must: it is simply better and more comfortable to endeavor to be kind, just and happy, rather than be unkind, unjust and ultimately miserable in this life and beyond, no matter how high those acts and intents take us until the intoxicating effects wear off, the self-perpetuating withdrawals begin, and we find ourselves having to make choices that can either liberate us or sink us deeper into self-destruction, all too often at the expense of others in our lives.

Thank you for your time ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; October 8, 2007 at 12:18 AM..
Old October 5, 2007, 06:24 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

wow.
Old October 5, 2007, 06:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Shakib

wow!!!..uncle that was very interesting.
Old October 5, 2007, 06:35 PM

antora, you did not read a single letter of it and im pretty sure about that.
Old October 5, 2007, 06:38 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

lolz
what about you ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
Old October 5, 2007, 06:53 PM

read it dude. very interesting theory about the exact point of death. and personally when you think about it, it sorta makes sense.
Old October 5, 2007, 06:54 PM

wonderful read. Truly enjoyed it.
Old October 5, 2007, 06:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
actually i did read it! if i didnt read it then i dont think i would blindly comment.
Old October 5, 2007, 07:57 PM
Cricket Savant

A bit of gratuitous kindness and good faith never hurt anyone ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old October 6, 2007, 07:35 AM
Cricket Legend

wow such i big article man,i wont read it now too long,but i can say that its very good.
Old October 7, 2007, 10:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Good work Sohel, can't emphasize how much I enjoy reading your posts on Islamic matters.
Old October 10, 2007, 03:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: They betrayed us

Sohel bhai, amazing work! To be honest, I just had a skimming of your article, and I discovered it to be 'genuine' from whatever I was able to deduce.

The main problem for most of us Muslims lies in the implementation or putting those Islamic values into practice.
May Allah give us the Strength to emerge victorious in our stuggle(Jihad) against satan.
Ameen.
Old October 10, 2007, 03:34 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tareq Aziz

Sohel bhai, that was your Everest!
Old October 10, 2007, 11:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Israr and Zahid,

Thank you for the kind words my young brothers ...

And as the Nike slogan says "just do it". Not just idleness, but maybe procrastinating from what we really want to or need to do is also the 'devil's workshop'.

Peace, Sohel.

Last edited by Sohel; October 11, 2007 at 04:03 AM..