facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 10, 2015, 01:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara
Default India evacuates 272 Bangladesh nationals from Yemen

http://bdnews24.com/bangladesh/2015/...als-from-yemen

Quote:
Syed Akbaruddin tweets: “Support for a neighbour. Bangladesh’s Ambassador in Djibouti with 272 compatriots evacuated by INS Sumitra from Yemen”.

India has evacuated 272 Bangladeshis from strife-torn Yemen as it has called off rescue operations for its nationals.
Print Friendly and PDF

Related Stories

11 return from Yemen

2015-04-10 19:52:17.0

The Indian High Commission in Dhaka has tweeted that the ship INS Sumitra has rescued those Bangladeshis from Al Hudaydah.

However, Bangladesh government did not give any figure, though of late it has sent its diplomats from Kuwait to Djibouti after getting India’s assurance for help.

The rescue operation has been coordinated from Djibouti, just on the other side of Gulf of Aden.

India’s junior external affairs minister VK Singh has coordinated the whole process from Djibouti.

India’s External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj has tweeted that “the evacuation operation is over. General V.K.Singh is returning tonight. We are closing our Embassy there”.

However, it is not clear whether any Bangladeshis remained stranded in Yemen.

The foreign ministry on Friday told bdnews24.com that they would issue a statement later in the evening.

Bangladesh does not have diplomatic mission in Yemen, but the foreign secretary said they estimated there might be between 1500 and 3000 nationals living in Yemen.

Later, the government estimated around 350 Bangladeshis are stuck in the capital Sana’a, currently controlled by Houthi rebels, who have ousted Yemen’s President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi.

The conflict in Yemen has turned the impoverished Arabian Peninsula state into the latest theatre for Sunni Saudi Arabia’s proxy war with its regional Shia rival Iran.

Bangladesh earlier endorsed its support to Saudi-led effort in Yemen.

Tehran, however, denies Riyadh's charges that it has been arming the Houthis.

Houthis have emerged as the country's most powerful faction when they took over the capital six months ago together with supporters of former president Ali Abdullah Saleh.
Old April 10, 2015, 02:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Al hamdulillah.
+++
Thank you India.

I am still worried about the rest 3000+ who may still be in Yemen.
Old April 10, 2015, 03:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

How much money did Modi get from Hasina by way of transit rights, water stealing, and free moving target practice for BSF?
Old April 10, 2015, 04:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
How much money did Modi get from Hasina by way of transit rights, water stealing, and free moving target practice for BSF?
I think Modi has enough money and doesn't need Hasina's chump change. It is in exchange she remains as a leader (of course I am speculating).

We should give credit where it is due though. They got 272 of our kind rescued.
Old April 11, 2015, 07:03 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

They thought they evacuated 2 extra ... So killed two in beanpole on the same day:

"BSF opens fire at Jessore borders killing 2 Bangladesh nationals"

India taking all the transit benefits and Bangladesh is just happy with the words that they will allow Bangladesh to trade with Nepal Bhutan through India. But that's onlyin paper..while India is already transporting through multiple directions to the East. Yesterday saw a new shipping service from Kolkata to Ctg to ship goods to Eastern provinces.....

While there is non Progress on our front with NepalBhutan....I'm really astonished, how a Government can be so shameless to give so muche nd not take anything?...I mean are they Bangladeshi Government or Bangla speaking Indians?
Old April 11, 2015, 11:57 AM
Cricket Legend

banfan, nobody stops you from exporting to nepal or bhutan. if you cant take advantage of the treaty its hardly hasina's fault.
Old April 11, 2015, 01:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
banfan, nobody stops you from exporting to nepal or bhutan. if you cant take advantage of the treaty its hardly hasina's fault.
Good to see that, you defend Hasina in a way that she is Indian PM not Bangladesh that's the whole point it's not your fault, she acts like that

Well it was Bangladesh PM's responsibility to ensure that all infrastructures and non infrastructural barriers are removed from Indian side...before giving India full access...if Hasina doesn't do that, may be our PM will do that
Old April 12, 2015, 12:33 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Alastair Cook

Hello BD Navy how you all doing?
Old April 12, 2015, 07:05 AM
Cricket Legend

good to see that you have found someone to blame for your own shortcomings.

no actual info on barriers other than hand-waving tho'.
Old April 12, 2015, 07:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav
Hello BD Navy how you all doing?
actually, even US (along with 40 other countries, including germany and japan) took India's help in getting their people out.

Old April 12, 2015, 08:15 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

great job, thank you India.
Old April 12, 2015, 10:01 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Alastair Cook

Quote:
actually, even US (along with 40 other countries, including germany and japan) took India's help in getting their people out.

I dont care what "Even whatever country did"
erokom example na deyai bhalo, ekta jatigoto bajhe obbhas hoye gese.......even who did what.........uff.
The question is why have we taken this thing so lightly.
May be the situation is not as bad as media portrays, so whatever ships are around are getting who want to get out.
However,
I heard a BD navy ship from Lebanon was on its way but it will take 12 days since it has to cruise south along the entire africa and then come north again.
Old April 12, 2015, 05:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
good to see that you have found someone to blame for your own shortcomings.

no actual info on barriers other than hand-waving tho'.
I guess you have comprehension probs bro? Am I the commerce minister? That you are repeatedly saying that it's my short coming?

Who do I blame other than my PM and Commerce minister? Should I blame Indian PM? Or Hasina is Indian PM?

It's really funny that how you are chucking such meaningless words defending my own PM and blaming me huh

What's the short coming? ঝেড়ে কাশুন না দাদা
Nepal is waiting for pretty long time to use the Mongla port, but all attempts failed because India didn't allow access through Indian territory. So what, whom & how are you defending my own PM, I just don't understand.....what's the point...??
Old April 13, 2015, 07:28 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Mushy, Tamim, Abul

Credit where its due. Nice one India. Thats what any good neighbours should be like, helping one another.
Old April 13, 2015, 07:48 AM
Test Cricketer

BANFAN, why are you conflating issues?

India rescued 272 Bangladesh nationals (along with others) from Yemen. This is praiseworthy.

There is no evidence of the Bangladeshi government "selling out to India" (as people of your ilk so often claim). If and when there is evidence of this, bring it up. Everything else is just petty, mindless conjecture.

You have a problem with Sheikh Hasina? Fine. How about you open another thread in which to brand her as an Indian stooge?

Some people seriously have warped minds.
Old April 13, 2015, 10:32 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho

India rescued 272 Bangladesh nationals (along with others) from Yemen. This is praiseworthy.

There is no evidence of the Bangladeshi government "selling out to India" (as people of your ilk so often claim). If and when there is evidence of this, bring it up. Everything else is just petty, mindless conjecture.

You have a problem with Sheikh Hasina? Fine. How about you open another thread in which to brand her as an Indian stooge?

I'm replying to a post, why do you get hurt at the comments from people like us? Truth hurts?
I don't think I have said India has done a bad thing
Old April 13, 2015, 11:39 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:

agree with you totally.
Old April 13, 2015, 03:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
We should set higher standards for praise. As Malcolm X said...if you stab me with a 6 inch knife and then withdraw the blade 1 inch, thats not "progress".
Old April 13, 2015, 06:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
We should set higher standards for praise. As Malcolm X said...if you stab me with a 6 inch knife and then withdraw the blade 1 inch, thats not "progress".
I think that's a false analogy. Are you saying that India knowingly put 1800 Bangladeshi in the crosshairs of rival Yemeni factions (equivalent to being stabbed with a six inch knife) and then evacuated 272 individuals (equivalent to withdrawing the blade by an inch)? If not, you are conflating issues.

Helping us get our people out of Yemen was a good thing worthy of thanks. It doesn't mean that India is generally worthy of admiration, only that this particular action was praiseworthy. We certainly have a whole host of legitimate gripes about India, but those are entirely separate issues.
Old April 13, 2015, 11:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
I guess you have comprehension probs bro? Am I the commerce minister? That you are repeatedly saying that it's my short coming?

Who do I blame other than my PM and Commerce minister? Should I blame Indian PM? Or Hasina is Indian PM?

It's really funny that how you are chucking such meaningless words defending my own PM and blaming me huh

What's the short coming? ঝেড়ে কাশুন না দাদা
Nepal is waiting for pretty long time to use the Mongla port, but all attempts failed because India didn't allow access through Indian territory. So what, whom & how are you defending my own PM, I just don't understand.....what's the point...??
'you' here is not banfan but the average bangladeshi businessman.

all along we heard that BD is not progressing because India doesn't allow land access to nepal and bhutan. now that that access has been provided, thanks to Sk Hasina diplomatic initiative, people are crying that BD is not able to take advantage of it.

so first you demand something, then you blame the person who fulfills that demand.
Old April 14, 2015, 05:22 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
I think that's a false analogy. Are you saying that India knowingly put 1800 Bangladeshi in the crosshairs of rival Yemeni factions (equivalent to being stabbed with a six inch knife) and then evacuated 272 individuals (equivalent to withdrawing the blade by an inch)? If not, you are conflating issues.

Helping us get our people out of Yemen was a good thing worthy of thanks. It doesn't mean that India is generally worthy of admiration, only that this particular action was praiseworthy. We certainly have a whole host of legitimate gripes about India, but those are entirely separate issues.
Very well said.
Old April 14, 2015, 04:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
'you' here is not banfan but the average bangladeshi businessman.

all along we heard that BD is not progressing because India doesn't allow land access to nepal and bhutan. now that that access has been provided, thanks to Sk Hasina diplomatic initiative, people are crying that BD is not able to take advantage of it.

so first you demand something, then you blame the person who fulfills that demand.
You are twisting the facts. Having an agreement and not getting the physical facilities are two different issues. I have given only one example; it's a government to government dealing that Nepal imports through Mongla and transports through Inida. We got those words in the revised contract after India enjoyed transit through Bangladesh for 5+ years. Now while Bangladesh isn't pressing for the infrastructure and other barriers to actually start the thing with Nepal, they are opening up services for India through CTG port and providing all the support...so definitely Hasina deserves a criticism for uneven dealings. Well I know you would love that and praise her...but I won't. Average business man will exploit the facility when all the arrangements are completed for physical activity. I don't know if you understand what are all the arrangements necessary...

Your tone is pretty undermining the ability of Bangladeshi business people, that they aren't capable to exploit it...or may be meaning we are a sick economy and have nothing to offer...If that's not the case actually you need to clarify why and how you can blame it on business people and not on the Government?

There is 0 facility to carryout the business at this moment from Bangladesh through India to Nepal/Bhutan...well you may be ecstatic that gift has put the clause in the contract after 5+ years of unilateral transit...I'm not...and on top of that, Govt isn't active to press the Indian side to remove barriers to start the shipment to Nepal through India...so ya...it's pretty sad & incompetence of our government....for you that may be advantageous, but it's better that you don't defend my government's incompetence, that's a disservice ... It's funny that you try to pass it on to our business community with a hint on their incompetence. That's pretty objectionable...

I know and I admire our business community, because they have achieved a lot under pretty hostile business environment & lack of government support (All Regime)