facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old December 10, 2011, 02:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Thank you Navo and NoName bhais. I will definitely check it out soon.
Old February 16, 2012, 01:26 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

No one here watches Spartacus?

Not a particularly 'great' series, this is not the sopranos, the wire or hell even the shield.

But it is mindless fun for an hour every week, and while the gratuitous nudity is a bit of a sore point with the better half, we have come to an amicable settlement -

I go watch it downstairs
Old February 16, 2012, 01:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo

Not a particularly 'great' series, this is not the sopranos, the wire or hell even the shield.

But it is mindless fun for an hour every week, and while the gratuitous nudity is a bit of a sore point with the better half, we have come to an amicable settlement -

I go watch it downstairs
I watched the first season and it was quite fun to watch. Xena nude why not. Pretty sad that the lead actor from the first season passed away though. Cancer is a bitch.
Old February 16, 2012, 01:39 AM
Banned

Andy Whitfield

The replacement sucks - doesn't possess the same charisma or physique tbh, but what can you do. The plot is coming on nicely now...into the 4th episode of the 3rd season.
Old February 16, 2012, 02:30 AM
Administrator

Anyone passing time watching the period 'soap' Downton Abbey? I must say I was hooked but the last episodes if Season 2 looks like they are trying to jump the shark.
Old February 16, 2012, 09:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

I go watch it downstairs
I got hooked in Spartacus now too.....not for the nudity part . It has multiple story lines and some cool action sequences. But once again, I can't watch in living room. I take my laptop and hide in some corner and watch it.
Old February 16, 2012, 10:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Anyone passing time watching the period 'soap' Downton Abbey? I must say I was hooked but the last episodes if Season 2 looks like they are trying to jump the shark.
The special Christmas episode makes up for some of the excesses of Season 2. Looking forward to seeing how they handle Season 3.

Of course, my favourite character is the scenery-chewing Dowager Countess.
Old February 16, 2012, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad
The special Christmas episode makes up for some of the excesses of Season 2. Looking forward to seeing how they handle Season 3.

Of course, my favourite character is the scenery-chewing Dowager Countess.
She is a class above. I have warmed up to her this season and have a crush on Lady Sybil. Don't worry - my better half knows. Is it just me or Mathew Crawly has lots of mannerisms reminiscent of Hugh Grant.

Haven't seen the Christmas episode yet. I am now reconciled to seeing it via Apple TV from iTunes - that episode has not been released yet.
Old February 16, 2012, 10:38 AM
Cricket Legend

mufi and Navo,

I liked how WoT started out but then, Jordan seemed to want to increase the number of books without really making the narrative progress. I lost interest then.

Also, mufi, remember that some folk, unlike us, haven't read the Game of Thrones series, and might not have watched all episodes of Season 1 yet. So please, for their sake, avoid adding spoilers.

P.S. have you seen the Game of Thrones valentines yet?
Old February 16, 2012, 10:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
She is a class above. I have warmed up to her this season and have a crush on Lady Sybil. Don't worry - my better half knows. Is it just me or Mathew Crawly has lots of mannerisms reminiscent of Hugh Grant.

Haven't seen the Christmas episode yet. I am now reconciled to seeing it via Apple TV from iTunes - that episode has not been released yet.
I think "serious" male Brit actors pretty much fall into one of three stereotyped roles -- the dashing Roger Moore/Sean Connery/007 category, the strong/silent/suffering/scowling category (represented by Bates in Downtown Abbey and Colin Firth in a whole slew of mini-series and movies) that our better halves silently moon over, and the emotional Hugh Grant category.
Old February 16, 2012, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I think "serious" male Brit actors pretty much fall into one of three stereotyped roles -- the dashing Roger Moore/Sean Connery/007 category, the strong/silent/suffering/scowling category (represented by Bates in Downtown Abbey and Colin Firth in a whole slew of mini-series and movies) that our better halves silently moon over, and the emotional Hugh Grant category.
It does not matter what stereotype the fall into, our better halves moon over anyone with a British accent. And I worked so hard on trying to get my 60% American accent.
Old February 16, 2012, 11:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Spot on Boss, I hate it when American girls drools over guys with British accent. Yellow teeth and stuck up attitude is not enough to deter them. Wish they had they same thing for Indian accent

P.S. I have a hybrid accent. Schooled in Dhaka, HS and Uni in USA.
Old February 16, 2012, 11:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
mufi and Navo,

I liked how WoT started out but then, Jordan seemed to want to increase the number of books without really making the narrative progress. I lost interest then.

Also, mufi, remember that some folk, unlike us, haven't read the Game of Thrones series, and might not have watched all episodes of Season 1 yet. So please, for their sake, avoid adding spoilers.

I was careful enough not to spoil the surprise. You are right though. I didn't read the book and was totally shocked. In fact, I got agitated. But that was what got me hooked to GoT too. The plot and characters are very complex and it feels like epic television.

Thanks for the Valentine's links. It was funny.
Old February 16, 2012, 10:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

I got hooked on Hot in Cleveland. Betty White is just too funny. I love her.
Old February 16, 2012, 10:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
mufi and Navo,

Not finishing Game of thrones as soon as one can should be a crime. April 1st come sooner. Time to fail my exams.
Old February 17, 2012, 10:15 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Any1 who gives his best

I really miss "No ordinary family". had only one season but i really miss it. More like heroes but still different in sorts. Anyone who haven't seen this can watch for worthy time pass.
Old February 17, 2012, 06:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Love spartacus... but can't wait to Dexter to start again ... and can't wait until Desperate Housewives to end (yes i watch that rubbish too!!!... didn't miss a single ep)
Old February 17, 2012, 07:02 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Rename the thread title to: TV SHOWS.
Old February 17, 2012, 09:35 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
You forgot to mention a fourth category of British actor that stars in films by Guy Ritchie (Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Snatch, etc.) Trainspotting and Transporter also falls into that group. I'm thinking of the type of actor that goes for the tough-as-nails, poorly shaved, football hooligan look - Jason Statham, Clive Owen, etc.
Old February 18, 2012, 12:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
You forgot to mention a fourth category of British actor that stars in films by Guy Ritchie (Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Snatch, etc.) Trainspotting and Transporter also falls into that group. I'm thinking of the type of actor that goes for the tough-as-nails, poorly shaved, football hooligan look - Jason Statham, Clive Owen, etc.
Good point, Navo.
Old February 18, 2012, 01:14 AM
Banned

Bit harsh on Clive....He is a genuine actor(a lot of range - and has done a fair bit of work on stage too).

He doesn't fit the Jason Statham category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
Love spartacus... but can't wait to Dexter to start again ... and can't wait until Desperate Housewives to end (yes i watch that rubbish too!!!... didn't miss a single ep)
Bored with Dexter now - I've had enough...starting to feel like I did with House.
Old February 18, 2012, 06:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaman_f
Any Modern Family/Castle/TBBT/HIMYM fans here?
LOVE modern family!!! Don't mind HIMYM either.
Old February 18, 2012, 06:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Enjoy Modern Family; any Top Chef fans around (and not just because of the ex Mrs. Rusdie)?
Old February 18, 2012, 07:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Enjoy Modern Family; any Top Chef fans around (and not just because of the ex Mrs. Rusdie)?
Present. Equally fond of the Australian edition of Masterchief. The season with the Voltaggio brothers was amazing. We will be seeing a whole constellation of Michelin stars from that lot.
Old February 26, 2012, 02:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
The replacement sucks - doesn't possess the same charisma or physique tbh, but what can you do. The plot is coming on nicely now...into the 4th episode of the 3rd season.
I don't like the new actor myself and I also find Katrina Law unattractive for some reason lol. Anyways, I really don't understand how they cast some one like him to play the role when he has no physique, even the crippled Ashur is more muscular than him .

Another show I was currently watching was Misfits, a hilarious British show.