facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 4, 2008, 09:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad
Note also today's little news item about stocks tumbling, dragging the Dow to its worst three-day start to a year since the Great Depression, as a sharp rise in the unemployment rate heightened fears that the economy is heading into a recession.
It's not all doom and gloom. The DOW is also at its highest to start a new year... EVER. The players are playing with the market and that's why there was a drop, but the market has still been up for the year. Today was a good day if you wanted to pick up some more shares for cheap.
Old January 4, 2008, 10:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakibul Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhurr
It's not all doom and gloom. The DOW is also at its highest to start a new year... EVER. The players are playing with the market and that's why there was a drop, but the market has still been up for the year. Today was a good day if you wanted to pick up some more shares for cheap.
Im not too sure about that. That latest job report looks pretty gloomy to me. I dont think things are looking good for the US at this point...

P.S. Check out this article on MSN Money:
Recession Dead Ahead?
Old January 5, 2008, 10:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

look at this, most of you guys aren't even americans and you wanna vote for a democratic cuz their soft on the war on terror...

guiliani all the way, with romney has his VP.

kick all you seditious immigrants out!!!!!!

American for Americans...hard working white america!!!!!!!!!!
Old January 5, 2008, 11:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
look at this, most of you guys aren't even americans and you wanna vote for a democratic cuz their soft on the war on terror...

Well, that's why we're all rooting for Huckabee; white, American, and a good fundie Christian to boot. How else can we have a good old fascist Christian theocracy in the US to combat those Islamofascists?
Old January 6, 2008, 10:25 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

my view is that it would be a good thing if huckabee wins the primaries. reason being, that hardcore republican is less likely to have an impact on people who does not consider themselves red or blue. in other words, less likely to win the election. republications will go for him but not ordinary people. and ordinary people out numbers all red or blue.
Old January 6, 2008, 10:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: PRINCE OF KOLKATA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan

post of the thread!!
Old January 6, 2008, 02:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

From now, Hackabee will be referred to as Habibi..

Top Habibi quotes compiled by Orpheus:

Why I voted for Habibi? Because Habibi and I share the same beliefs....He said.

Quote:
"I may not be the expert that some people are on foreign policy, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night."

“Gay marriage will end civilization”

"There's never been a civilization that has rewritten what marriage and family means and survived."

When asked if he believes in Evolution:
“I believe the question is utterly silly to be asked on presidential debate. None of us running in order to be an eighth grade science teacher; we are running to be presidents. It is not a proper yes or no question.”

"I'm pretty sure there will be duck-hunting in heaven and I can't wait!"

"A wife is to submit herself graciously to the servant leadership of her husband even as the church willingly submits to the headship of Christ."
Old January 7, 2008, 12:07 AM
ODI Cricketer

yesterday, I was a watching an Interview in CNN. One of the republican candidate (not high profile) was attacked by the high profile because he was blaming US foreign policy for the rise of Al-Qaida and also attacking the big conglomerate for American economic woe. Except the US politician we know the first one is quite correct and for the second one to me his reasoning was quite logical.
On the other note US media already snitching against Obama and Edwards. Yesterday they were interviewing some guy from truthmeter.com or something like that. The site claims to check the fact whether one candidate's claim is true or false. Three examples provided by CNN showed Hilary is telling truth; Edward can be call be true if some one overstreched and while Obama is probably lieing.
Old January 7, 2008, 01:21 AM
Cricket Legend

I think New Hampshire is a big factor on who we can expect to see as president next year. A Republican president looks more unlikely as each day passes, so I'm paying a lot more attention to the Democratic race. Now the question is: Hillary, Obama or Edwards? As has been said earlier, if Hillary loses NH, she might as well pack it in. Latest polls are as follows:

Quote:
New Hampshire
In the Democratic race, Obama is ahead of Clinton, 33%-31%, although that is within the poll’s 5% margin of error. They’re followed by Edwards at 17% and Richardson at 7%. A month ago, it was Clinton 30%, Obama 27%, Edwards 10%, Richardson 7%. The Clinton campaign yesterday released a memo from chief strategist Mark Penn, who asked: “Where is the bounce” for Obama? Well, this poll doesn’t suggest a huge bounce (after all, Iowa was just three days ago), but Obama clearly has the Mo… Perhaps the most interesting finding is the age breakdown (especially Thursday’s Iowa results and Clinton’s new strategy of appealing to younger voters). Among votes under 50, Obama has a whopping 47%-18% lead over Clinton, but among those over 50, it’s Clinton 40% Obama 23%. The change-versus-experience theme is also evident in the poll. Among those citing change as the most important quality they’re looking for, Obama beats Clinton, 65%-9%. On experience, Clinton trumps Obama, 49%-15%. The polls were taken from Jan. 2-4 of 400 Democratic and 400 GOP likely primary voters, and the surveys have a 5% margin of error.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archi...06/553088.aspx

Last edited by Farhad; January 7, 2008 at 01:35 AM..
Old January 7, 2008, 09:21 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I liked Ron Paul.
Just because he said the truth he becomes crazy!! hai ray dunia....

In New Hampshire Omaba is leading by 10 points now. wow!!!
Old January 7, 2008, 09:37 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

about time america had a black president!!!! a woman would be better!
Old January 7, 2008, 10:27 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parisa
about time america had a black president!!!! a woman would be better!
lol, did you see what he said about his foreign policy? He would bomb Pakistan the moment he gets to White house. How do you like him now? More war and instability in that reason. Way to go Obama!!

And the woman president, lol, she has similar agenda as Republicans. Would stay Bush's course. lol.
Old January 7, 2008, 10:34 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

I dont see Americans selecting a black or woman president. The orthodox christians will come out and vote the republicans to power once more.

The only way the democrats can win this election is if they send Edwards.
Old January 7, 2008, 11:50 AM
Cricket Legend

BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA all the way!
Old January 7, 2008, 11:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
lol, did you see what he said about his foreign policy? He would bomb Pakistan the moment he gets to White house. How do you like him now? More war and instability in that reason. Way to go Obama!!

And the woman president, lol, she has similar agenda as Republicans. Would stay Bush's course. lol.
i didnt specify in my previous message anything about obama or hillary clinton.i just said its about time USA had a black president and a woman would be better as they never had a woman president before.but i guess ur right about obama's plans.most usa presidents suck anyway.
Old January 7, 2008, 12:22 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
i didnt specify in my previous message anything about obama or hillary clinton.i just said its about time USA had a black president and a woman would be better as they never had a woman president before.but i guess ur right about obama's plans.most usa presidents suck anyway.
yes, some of the US presidents "suck". But, unlike all the British Prime ministers, they do not "suck up".
Old January 7, 2008, 12:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
yes, some of the US presidents "suck". But, unlike all the British Prime ministers, they do not "suck up".
the cleverest thing u said so far....that is 100% true...
Old January 7, 2008, 12:24 PM
Banned

USA presidents dont need to suck up to anyone...everyone needs to suck up to them to survive..
Old January 7, 2008, 12:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood
I dont see Americans selecting a black or woman president. The orthodox christians will come out and vote the republicans to power once more.

The only way the democrats can win this election is if they send Edwards.
I don't agree with you... I think obama with his charismatic and inspirational character has the best. Just look at the turn out in Iowa, 120,000 showed up for GOP caucus and approx 220,000 showed up for democratic caucuses. i can bet that Obama will win some of the southern states that usually vote for the republican party.

Also, i think some of guys are being unnecessarily harsh on Obama for his comment that he will bomb Pakistan if they he had reliable intel that osama is hiding somewhere. Unfortunate, all the candidates have a similar stance. They all want to look tough on security. I think the republican candidates will nuke that place if they get a chance... the trouble with bush administration is that they did not go after osama, they pursued their own agenda by attacking Iraq.

Besides, Obama is the only candidate who has been against the iraq war from the very beginning. He is not a pro-war candidate.

Last edited by cricket_pagol; January 7, 2008 at 02:02 PM..
Old January 7, 2008, 02:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Republicans worried about Obama
Posted: 09:41 AM ET
Will Obama appeal to many Republican voters?

WASHINGTON (CNN) — Hillary Clinton isn't the only one worried about Barack Obama's post-Iowa momentum. A former top Republican official tells CNN Obama could win a significant portion of the Republican vote in a general election, if he becomes the Democratic nominee.
The leading Republican strategist, who requested anonymity because this person advises a number of Republican presidential candidates, told CNN "I think Barack Obama is a potential Robert Kennedy or Reagan figure." And "in terms of raw political horsepower, he is the most electable of any of the Democrats and potentially more electable than Bill Clinton. If he ran the right campaign he could appeal to a substantial number of Republicans and Independents."
This person insists an Obama nomination isn't a done deal. "He could make a mistake. His people could get overconfident. He needs to continue to push his theme even as she continues to hit him on different issues."
In the days since he won the caucuses, the New York senator's campaign has hit Obama on a number of issues, including his decision to hire a former lobbyist to manage his New Hampshire campaign, and his past position on the Patriot Act. Former President Bill Clinton compared Obama's early position on the Iraq war to President Bush's, and national reporters were summoned to an urgent conference call because some callers on the 'Do Not Call' registry had received robo-calls from Obama's campaign that Clinton's staff alleges did not fully comply with election law.
Yet Obama now holds a 10-point edge over Clinton in the new CNN/WMUR poll of New Hampshire primary voters released last night, and an even larger advantage in some other surveys.
This top Republican explains that Obama "is incredibly nice, he's likable. People want to like him. He's the personification of bringing people together. He's the personification of unity. People like that and it works."
He says Senator Clinton "lacks a gut level connection" with voters. "I'd rather run [a Republican] against her because she turns out our base. He [Obama] doesn't have the baggage she has and he appeals to Republicans and Independents in this post-partisan way."

Source >>
Old January 7, 2008, 02:28 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

I like this guy..Obama, I was watching the election thing going on CNN, the way he talks, really throws everything that he has on the people, to grab thier attentions, his views are much better than any other candidate, but someone did mention the relationship of his ideas with Pakistan, not very satisfied with that, but I cant just figure out Hillary she is so confusing when she is talking about somthin bout change, when she went angry over John Edwards on that Facebook ABC election debate, I mean yes she has made change in the past few years, but I dont think it was relevant enough to provide that kind of information in the debate, she can't argue!
Old January 7, 2008, 03:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
AH!! I see my mistake. You were talking about Condi Rice. She is Black and Women. Vote for Condi!!!

Does any teen need to be told what you meant? You need a lot of growing up to do.
Old January 8, 2008, 07:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
AH!! I see my mistake. You were talking about Condi Rice. She is Black and Women. Vote for Condi!!!

Does any teen need to be told what you meant? You need a lot of growing up to do.
u didnt make any mistake..i was just confirming the fact that i didnt mention any names but u thought i did. does any man need to be told what you meant? You need a lot of growing up to do.
Old January 8, 2008, 08:50 AM
Cricket Legend

NH Primaries today. Its make or break for Hillary...
Old January 8, 2008, 08:54 AM
Cricket Legend

No wonder Ron Paul is mentioned so many times here
Quote:
Ron Paul: The Internet's favorite candidate

Ron Paul is a Republican congressman and U.S. presidential hopeful who, in the usual shorthand of political journalists, is known as a "long shot" for the White House.

Paul's poll numbers award him less than 2 percent of the vote among Republican candidates, and he was unceremoniously excluded from an Iowa debate in June organized by a tax watchdog group that happens to share his political views. Even otherwise flattering articles consign his candidacy to "the realm of dreams, not practical politics."

On the Internet, however, this courtly Texas obstetrician-turned-politician has developed a towering presence that has left his Democratic and Republican rivals largely in his shadow.

Paul, 71, enjoys about 160,000 mentions on Digg.com, more than the next four most popular candidates combined. Alexa.com's statistics show Paul's Web site with a narrow lead over all the Democratic candidates and a sizable one over his fellow Republicans. Similarly, a report by Hitwise puts Paul's Web site ahead of other GOP candidates in terms of popularity.
Source