facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 15, 2007, 04:58 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Default I Think We Have Something Special Here

guys please wake up we have created an young all rounder with great abilty with both bat and ball who esspecialy in the odi team can have a great impact

his name is Farhad Reza

this guy is special i have seen all the matches he has played for the odi team and he canbowl at around 82 mph and bat well down the order this is the guy who brings balance to the side and eliminates any problems wqe have in picking a 3rd pacer as him plus mash and rasel and rasssak and sakib means that we have the full 50 overs covered

in performacences in the ncl have outstanding with both bat and ball and even though he continiously gets bashed oin bangla cricket people need to remember how young he is and that with time he can turn in to our version of abdual razzq or james hopes.
he can hit the ball well at number 6/7 and his pace powling is much underated

why does every body have a go at this guy, he is one of the more talented players we have an just because he is not a superstart who scores a 100 in every 20 maths like ash or someone who gets a quick 30 like aftab does not mean that this guy is not cruical to out team

this guy must play in the odis

thank you and supoort our talant

Old December 15, 2007, 06:30 AM
ODI Cricketer

ye he has the ability and talent to be decent allrounder in ODI but not in longer form except NCL
Old December 15, 2007, 06:41 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

edit

Last edited by Omio; December 23, 2007 at 11:50 AM..
Old December 15, 2007, 06:53 AM
Cricket Legend

He's a versetile player. But I don't see anything that special in him...
Old December 15, 2007, 07:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I think that the selectors will decide if he is good enough to be included in the ODI squad. I have a feeling that now all these players will give their best to retain their place in the team, so the competition will be greater now, which is a good thing, players know that it is not automatic selection, but performance that counts, also Coach Siddons will make sure of this, he is from Australian National Team, and it is difficult to obtain a spot in the team, that is the reason why players perform so well, because they want to keep their place.
If one is dropped from the National team, then it takes time and good performance to make a come back, e.g. Tushar Imran.
Nazimuddin was selected for the 20/20, played, did not do well, dropped, he has to perform at his best in the NCL to be considered again, so it is getting tougher, for so many young players are knocking at the door.
Tapash Bhaisya also has to prove himself to be selected in the National team, also Shariar Nafees and Nafees Iqbal, if not, they will fade away.

Last edited by zainab; December 15, 2007 at 07:39 AM..
Old December 15, 2007, 07:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

from what i have seen, hes just a medium pacer who bats lower down the order and can hardly middle it..nothing special at all...
Old December 15, 2007, 09:24 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Farhad is Khaled Mahmud Version 2.0, NCL runs and wickets mean nothing ... theres no way he can trouble any quality international batsmen with his bowling.
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old December 15, 2007, 09:41 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Farhad's batting is yet to convince me, but his bowling action is similar to Tapash Baisya. Give too much effort to increase speed.
Old December 15, 2007, 09:49 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Either he should try to bowl as fast as he can or he should give up bowling and concentrate on his batting.
Old December 15, 2007, 11:38 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Nothing special as yet ....
But could be a good utility player in the ODI's...

I guess we have to wait and see how he performs in the NZ series....
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old December 15, 2007, 02:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir/Taskin/Anamul/Sohag
Default can do both but not good in any of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman

Farhad is Khaled Mahmud Version 2.0, NCL runs and wickets mean nothing ... theres no way he can trouble any quality international batsmen with his bowling.
absolutely right. he is one of those 'bits and pieces' all-rounders who can do the both but won't excel in any of them.

Personally i think, he should concentrate in his batting and won't bother about third seamer's spot.
Farhad Reza might do better to build him up as a middle order batsman who would bowl occassionally.
Old December 15, 2007, 02:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Reza could be a good batsman like Aftab if he works a bit harder on his batting. His bowling is improving. We saw that in Srilanka.
Old December 15, 2007, 04:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

i do not like the degrading comments... this guy is very very useful and handy at times... wait and see. Great job, Pilot_Fan our players need the best support they can get, each and every one of them, noone is special, noone is stupid.
Old December 15, 2007, 04:07 PM
Cricket Guru

i mean maybe you guys are right too, perhaps he was called into the international arena too early? right? i want to support him, but at the same time i do not want to ruin his career, so i think in this tour, he can play in all three ODI's, let him develop. if he fails, do not regard him as a derogatory "discard" he is 19 and you know the rest...
Old December 15, 2007, 04:21 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

No one is degrading Farhad Reza. We are just sharing our opinion. As for Mr Reza if he is going to be something special he will have to face criticism from every corner.
Old December 15, 2007, 04:47 PM
Cricket Guru

well mo1974, you are correct. but he needs more exposure for more criticism to be applied,

we can criticize Aftab since he played for a while,

we can criticize Ashraful since he played for a while,

we can criticize Javed Omar since he played the longest

but criticizing rookies like Iqbal and Reza, let's make it light and simple, so they can move and perform better for the team and for themselves.
Old December 15, 2007, 04:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Iqbal played quite a lot of matches. Reza played only 15.

Iqbal averaging 22, reza averaging 24

Iqbal was considered as a hard hitter, but his strike rate is like Bashar's. He played enough matches to be criticized.
Old December 15, 2007, 05:41 PM
Cricket Legend

from the thread title, i thought Bd has unearthed a new talent. But, it is just farhad reja, the "hit me" bowler and "can hit a few" batsman.

the special up and coming guy i think is nazimuddin, he can be a very good middle order batsman. he doesnt look to be an opener and it was foolish to make him open specially in a 20-20. the middle order slot should have gone to nazim. I think Bd doesnt need all rounders who cant bowl and cant bat but rather batsmen who can be useful with the ball at times.
Old December 16, 2007, 12:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

I actually think that Reza is a pretty good player and that he has potential to be better. He’s a young player and he looks positive and motivated on the field. He’s also a very good fielder which is a essential in ODI’s .

I agree with Pilot fan as we should give Reza a role similar to Abdul Razzaq from Pakistan. Razzaq was a solid middle-late order batsman who came in with 5-15 overs left and picked the bowlers apart with some nice late hitting and Reza should be molded to be like him.
Old December 16, 2007, 02:05 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammed Asif

Done well today Reza boy. Scored runs, took a wicket and bowled economically.

Acoording to Bangladeshi standards, he can be classifieda as an all rounder.
According to International standards, he might just turn out to be a bits and pieces player. So far he did not set a foot wrong. Good luck Reza boy.
Old December 16, 2007, 04:14 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasin
Done well today Reza boy. Scored runs, took a wicket and bowled economically.

Acoording to Bangladeshi standards, he can be classifieda as an all rounder.
According to International standards, he might just turn out to be a bits and pieces player. So far he did not set a foot wrong. Good luck Reza boy.
Agreed on those words, at least for this match. Good luck to him for the rest of the matches, and hope he can keep his form!
Old December 16, 2007, 04:30 AM
Test Cricketer

we thought the same thing about mushfiqur rahman. i hope farhad can be an allrounder. but his bowling records arent good. he has a long way to go. at this moment we dont have a real allrounder. sakib is the closest we have. rafique masrafee can be considered allrounder as well for bangladesh standard.
Old December 16, 2007, 10:26 AM
Cricket Legend

WOW! Very special indeed! Bowling average of 100.5, economy rate:5+ and only 4 wickets in 15 innings!
Old December 16, 2007, 10:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaoun
we thought the same thing about mushfiqur rahman. i hope farhad can be an allrounder. but his bowling records arent good. he has a long way to go. at this moment we dont have a real allrounder. sakib is the closest we have. rafique masrafee can be considered allrounder as well for bangladesh standard.
Yes, shaon I agree we dont have a true all-rounder. A player who can bowl equally as good as he can bat, Shakib is the closest we have but we all know that he is a batting all-rounder like Alok Kapali but not a genuine all-rounder like Flintoff, Collingwood, Oram etc. Mashrafe, Rafique and Mushfiqur are again bowling-all rounders not genuine, I dont hav any hopes for Farhad Reza because his bowling is very ordinary but i was wowed by Mosharaf Hossain, Dhaka division player in this years NCL he is a great batsman but can bowl great leg-break as well. And I was impressed by Mahmudullah as well. Shakib, Mahmud and Mosharaf all are young and are very similar players and I hope all of them can develop into great genuine all-rounders!
Old December 16, 2007, 12:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

u most b joking.. reza?? he got smashed every ball in a match not long ago.. hes a baller have u seen his balling? ders nothing special in him. bring tapash bashiya lol