facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 20, 2007, 03:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir/Taskin/Anamul/Sohag
Default Approaching Milestones

Prelude:

Apart from wins and losses, cricket offers a lot of interesting facts. Individual achievements/milestones are probably more visible in cricket than any other game. With more and more international matches, Bangladeshi players are getting the opportunity to enrich their career with more and more individual achivements. That makes the game even more interesting to the followers. Hence, a thread has been instigated. Hope this will keep us updated on imminent milestones before every series/tournament.

Possible Milestones in the ODI series against NZ:

1) 100th wkt for Mashrafe:

The top bangladesh pacer has already taken 91 wickets in 67 matches. He needs another 9 to be the 1st bd pacer and, only, the 2nd bd bowler after Md. Rafiq (119 odi wkts from 123 appearances) to take 100 odi wkts.

2) 2000 runs for Ashraful:
Bangladesh captain stands only 82 runs away from 2000 odi runs. He is going to get 03 chances to achieve that. If he succeeds to do so, he'll be the 2nd BD batsman to reach the milestone.

3) 1000 runs for Shakib Al Hasan:
This extremely talented left-hander has amassed 937 runs in 34 matches. Only 63 more runs will make him the 9th Bangladeshi batsman to have scored 1,000 runs in odis after H. Bashar (2,168), Md. Ashraful (1,918), Khaled Pailot (1,818), Aftab Ahmed (1,664), Shahriar Nafees (1,565), Javed Omar (1,312), Md. Rafique (1,190), and Rajin Saleh (1,005).

4) Other milestones:

Shahadat needs just 03 more wkts to push Hasibul Hossain to the 9th spot in all-time bd bowlers' list.
While 02 more wkts will see Nazmul jump to the 12th spot.
Aftab is currently staying at the 4th position. Another 155 runs will lift him up to the 3rd position. Of the bd batsmen who have played in excess of 50 matches, he holds the highest average-- that, too, a lowly 26.40. We would love to see that crossing 30. Also, he has 2nd most 12 fifties (after H. Bashar's 14). He may reduce the gap in the series.
Shakib might improve his average to 40 in the series (current avg 39.05 - highest among all bangladeshi, 2nd best S. Nafees with 34.77). Only S. Nafees has more than one odi hundreds.
Ashraful, Shakib, & Rajin, all with 01 hundred agt their names, will have the chance to lessen the gap with S. Nafees' 04 hundreds.

Old December 20, 2007, 03:44 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jisaan

2) 2000 runs for Ashraful:
Bangladesh captain stands only 82 runs away from 2000 odi runs. He is going to get 03 chances to achieve that. If he succeeds to do so, he'll be the 2nd BD batsman to reach the milestone.
I was also looking at ashraful's career today...noticed that he is 82 runs away from 2000 runs in ODI as well as 199 runs away from 2000 runs in Test. I hope he will be able to pass 2000 runs landmark in both form of the game in the current tour of NZ.
Old December 20, 2007, 03:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildwind
I was also looking at ashraful's career today...noticed that he is 82 runs away from 2000 runs in ODI as well as 199 runs away from 2000 runs in Test. I hope he will be able to pass 2000 runs landmark in both form of the game in the current tour of NZ.
Ash is too unpredictable. Hope captaincy changes him for the better.
Old December 20, 2007, 03:48 PM
Cricket Legend

we hope our players can achieve the above milestones in this series...it could have been a milestone stage for rasel if he was fit to play..he has 44 wickets currently and needs only 6wickets to cross the 50wickets mark
Old December 20, 2007, 04:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

don't think mortaza will reach 100 wickets because he'd have to average 3 wickets a match for the series and i don't think he'll do it, though i wouldn't mind if he proved me wrong. i expect ashraful and shakib to pass their milestones though, shakib especially because he averages 39 a match and only needs to average 21 per match for the series to reach 1000 runs.
Old December 20, 2007, 04:20 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

After the first ODI against India at Dhaka, Shakib needed 75 more to complete his 1000 ODI runs. In his next four ODIs he scored 5, 0, 15, and 2. I wish this time he scores a cracking 75+, preferebly hundred in our first match against NZ, and freed my mind of an unknown fear. Shakib, wish you prove once again that you are Mr. Dependable for Bangladesh. Allah bless you.
Old December 20, 2007, 04:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

As long as we are reaching positive milestones,, and not allowing S. Rajesh to create yet another column just for us,, I am all good. Sorry Rajesh,, you earned it, mate!
Old December 20, 2007, 04:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Shakib won't let us down

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
After the first ODI against India at Dhaka, Shakib needed 75 more to complete his 1000 ODI runs. In his next four ODIs he scored 5, 0, 15, and 2. I wish this time he scores a cracking 75+, preferebly hundred in our first match against NZ, and freed my mind of an unknown fear. Shakib, wish you prove once again that you are Mr. Dependable for Bangladesh. Allah bless you.
the best thing about shakib is that he hardly looks to be in trouble. Whether he scores big or not, his calm, assured approach marks the attributes of an above-good performer. Insha-Allah he won't let us down.
Old December 20, 2007, 04:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Mortaza has the ability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
don't think mortaza will reach 100 wickets because he'd have to average 3 wickets a match for the series and i don't think he'll do it, though i wouldn't mind if he proved me wrong. i expect ashraful and shakib to pass their milestones though, shakib especially because he averages 39 a match and only needs to average 21 per match for the series to reach 1000 runs.
Mortaza is capable of bettering that 9 wkt mark. But, trust me, he is one of the unluckiest guys i've ever seen. Don't think he has lady luck on his side... otherwise his wickets could have been plenty more.
Old December 20, 2007, 05:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root

about Ashraful And Aftab:

i wish both of them the best, i do not feel this is a time to criticize their abilities, because recently, both have been on solid form. wish them all the best they can possibly achieve.
Old December 20, 2007, 05:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Mortaza is capable of bettering that 9 wkt mark. But, trust me, he is one of the unluckiest guys i've ever seen. Don't think he has lady luck on his side... otherwise his wickets could have been plenty more.
give him more time. couple of bad performances doesn't deny what he is capable of. he does have luck to his name, i wish him all the best as well.
Old December 21, 2007, 12:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifat
about Ashraful And Aftab:

i wish both of them the best, i do not feel this is a time to criticize their abilities, because recently, both have been on solid form. wish them all the best they can possibly achieve.
include tamim in the list
Old December 21, 2007, 10:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildwind
Please do not hope for anything from Ash, expect the worst, but hope for the best.
If he does not pass it now, he will surely do so in the SA series. Ash is not a dependable batsman, but on a good day, he can score beautifully.
With all his talent and classy stroke play, he still cannot achieve mental stability like Jayawardena and Sangakarra who have really worked very hard at achieving what they accomplished. Ash should take a page out of their books. Jayawardena only achieved this greatness after 2003. He was dropped from the national team, but came back with a vengeance, great captain and leads from the front.
Old December 21, 2007, 12:50 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Excellent post Jisaan.Nice to see the team is heading to some personal goals too.May be it would inspire them to play better.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old December 21, 2007, 01:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Default ash on his day

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
Please do not hope for anything from Ash, expect the worst, but hope for the best.
If he does not pass it now, he will surely do so in the SA series. Ash is not a dependable batsman, but on a good day, he can score beautifully.
With all his talent and classy stroke play, he still cannot achieve mental stability like Jayawardena and Sangakarra who have really worked very hard at achieving what they accomplished. Ash should take a page out of their books. Jayawardena only achieved this greatness after 2003. He was dropped from the national team, but came back with a vengeance, great captain and leads from the front.
on his day, he can make mockery of any attack, yes, i insist, any attack.
Old December 21, 2007, 03:29 PM
Cricket Guru

sure on his day ashraful can make a mockery of any attack, the problem is that those type of days are rare. anyway i really think it is all mental with ashraful atm, he's much like ponting in that he always looks to be in good touch, the difference obviously is that ponting converts the good touch into good scores much more frequently than ashraful does. i do think ashraful will come good and become a consistent player, i'm just not sure how long it's going to take.
Old December 21, 2007, 03:33 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
spot on

can't agree more
Old December 21, 2007, 06:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Just look at us. We are a united bunch here. Praying for our players to set a milestone. On the other side of the coin our politicians are in jail for setting milestones in wealth accumulation. We are united there too by sending them to where they belong. With all these positive vibes I believe our cricketers will set milestones and get us some wins. Just wish them the best.

PS: I am not a politician. Just love my Bangladesh.
Old December 21, 2007, 08:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
no way. mortaza is good but he is no super striker. he has rarely gotten more than 5 wickets in a 3 match series. personally, i would like to see rip through batting lineups but i think its unlikely. 5-6 wickets is what i hope he gets with economical bowling.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 21, 2007, 08:25 PM
Cricket Sage

good thread, was well aware of most of the milestones. lets pray that all the milestones are reached and are just stepping stones to bigger things!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 21, 2007, 08:58 PM
Cricket Guru

these milestones may not seem like much to the more established test nations but it's just the start for BD cricket. this current generation are going to be setting all the test and one-day records for future generation of BD players to attempt to break, so hopefully they'll represent well and make some of those records tough to beat.
Old December 21, 2007, 09:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
these milestones may not seem like much to the more established test nations but it's just the start for BD cricket. this current generation are going to be setting all the test and one-day records for future generation of BD players to attempt to break, so hopefully they'll represent well and make some of those records tough to beat.
wow, this thread keeps getting better and better! excellent stuff!
Old December 21, 2007, 09:29 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Hopefully Ash will cross 2000 run of both test and odi.
Old December 21, 2007, 10:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
yea...starting out records are usually not that great. and its always fun to see who can get how close or actually break records.

"records were meant to be broken - and back in the day played on a record player"

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 22, 2007, 01:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
The most mature comment, by far.