facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old December 26, 2007, 08:52 AM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,895
Default BC bulletin : Tigers blow strong start as New Zealand cruise to victory

Current/Forthcoming Tours

Bangladesh in New Zealand, 2007-08
Tigers blow strong start as New Zealand cruise to victory
26 December 2007
Bangladesh captain Mohammad Ashraful scored an entertaining 57 ball 70 to earn the man of the math of award, but could not prevent his side's loss against the Kiwis in the first ODI of the three-match National Bank Series in Auckland today.

Ashraful and young opener Tamim Iqbal (50) dominated the Kiwis in their 97 run 3rd wicket partnership and lifted Bangladesh from a tentative start after New Zealand won the toss and opted to field first.

Read the rest of the bulletin »
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old December 26, 2007, 09:07 AM
Russell2k7 Russell2k7 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: March 18, 2007
Location: Garden State
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 5,500

Toothless batting followed by toothless bowling---sums it all up. Well done Ash now hit a 57 ball 100 next match.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old December 26, 2007, 09:56 AM
taklima_naj taklima_naj is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 7, 2006
Location: Uk
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Posts: 1,703

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell2k7
Toothless batting followed by toothless bowling---sums it all up. Well done Ash now hit a 57 ball 100 next match.
Dont expect everything from one man everytime.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old December 26, 2007, 12:22 PM
Sauron's Avatar
Sauron Sauron is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 26, 2005
Location: মেক্সিকো'র কয়েকশ' মাইল উপরে
Posts: 2,061

Couple of comments

The title of a South African newspaper story is uncannily similar to yours. Their title is "Bangladesh blows strong start against Kiwis". link - http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?s...2337789C565564

Also, "Man of the Math"? Spell check didn't catch that, obviously. Front page articles need to be proof-read before posting.
__________________
Of old there was Sauron the Maia...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old December 26, 2007, 12:40 PM
arafath79 arafath79 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 29, 2004
Location: Hatfield, Herts, UK
Favorite Player: MashrafeRazzakShakib(atm)
Posts: 3,482

Yes the bowling was toothless but the batting was ok to me because this is the frst time Bangladesh scored 200 runs agains NewZealand. All credits to Ashrafool, Tamim and Razzak. But the bowling was really toothless. Mashrafe is out of form with both ball and bat. Mashrafe was looking impressive with his pace ( 135-139mph) but he didn't manage to swing the ball. He should swing the ball with that speed to trouble the batsmen. Shahadat needs more time to be a good ODI bowler.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old December 26, 2007, 12:43 PM
Ajfar's Avatar
Ajfar Ajfar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Nirala
Posts: 17,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by taklima_naj
Dont expect everything from one man everytime.
exactly..why do we alwayss hav to depend on ash...why can't our other playerss supportt..him..rather than just wait for a good knock frm him..
__________________
"I was the happiest man in the world, happier than Bill Gates"- Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old December 26, 2007, 12:56 PM
pocha's Avatar
pocha pocha is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 10, 2007
Posts: 653

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Current/Forthcoming Tours

Bangladesh in New Zealand, 2007-08
Tigers blow strong start as New Zealand cruise to victory
26 December 2007
Bangladesh captain Mohammad Ashraful scored an entertaining 57 ball 70 to earn the man of the math of award, but could not prevent his side's loss against the Kiwis in the first ODI of the three-match National Bank Series in Auckland today.
As Souran pointed out, I think the BC bulletin has further errors. Cricinfo scorecard says MOM is JM How (New Zealand).

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/nzvb...ch/300426.html

I hope future match reports will be more polished.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old December 26, 2007, 01:45 PM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,895

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocha
As Souran pointed out, I think the BC bulletin has further errors. Cricinfo scorecard says MOM is JM How (New Zealand).

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/nzvb...ch/300426.html

I hope future match reports will be more polished.
Thanks pocha for pointing it out.

Unfortunately the same Cricinfo scorecard was showing Mohmmad Ashraful as the man of the match, it wasn't invented by me.

They have corrected their mistake afterwards which I did not notice.
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old December 26, 2007, 01:56 PM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,895

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron
Couple of comments

The title of a South African newspaper story is uncannily similar to yours. Their title is "Bangladesh blows strong start against Kiwis". link - http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?s...2337789C565564

Also, "Man of the Math"? Spell check didn't catch that, obviously. Front page articles need to be proof-read before posting.
Our title has two parts and I am sure at least 10 other reports are sharing titles similar to the second part (New Zealand cruise to victory). Is there any media outlet which has exactly same title as BC?

On "Man of the Math", it was a pure mistake and I apologise for that, but spell checker won't catch "math" as a mistake. For your information, all front page bulletins (this one is a bulletin not article) are proof read before posting, but still mistakes can happen and I believe this is a rare mistake from BC.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestion.
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket

Last edited by Miraz; December 26, 2007 at 02:25 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old December 26, 2007, 02:39 PM
skhondoker skhondoker is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 18, 2005
Location: Boston, MA
Favorite Player: Shakib and Mash
Posts: 410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Thanks pocha for pointing it out.

Unfortunately the same Cricinfo scorecard was showing Mohmmad Ashraful as the man of the match, it wasn't invented by me.

They have corrected their mistake afterwards which I did not notice.

MOM is Ash.....
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old December 26, 2007, 02:52 PM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,895

Quote:
Originally Posted by skhondoker
MOM is Ash.....
Now I am confused. I mentioned Ash in the original match bulletin and later changed it after pocha's post. Cricbuzz is still showing Ash as the MOM, Cricinfo initially showed the same, but they are now showing Jamie How as the MOM.

http://www.cricbuzz.com/live-cricket...mentary-4.html

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/nzvbd...ch/300426.html
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old December 26, 2007, 03:04 PM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,895

This is what Siddons had to say about Bangladesh.

Quote:
Bangladesh coach Jamie Siddons said his side had looked to get 280 when it should have been more concerned with ensuring a total of at least 250.
Several players, including Ashraful, threw their wickets away.
"We broke a few team rules, so we'll talk about that and hopefully make sure it doesn't happen again.
"If we get those sorts of starts, you can't afford to fall away that quickly and that badly," Siddons said. "We've got to make sure we get 250 and bat our 50 overs."
Link

BTW, can anyone confirm the MOM of the last match?
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old December 26, 2007, 03:06 PM
Nafi's Avatar
Nafi Nafi is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 23, 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad
Posts: 5,119

On sky sports highlights, the commentator said ash became the MOM
__________________
BD_Shardul: ''I myself will not go through the troubles of dating. I will offer a prayer that will let me know if my would be bride is compatible with me through a dream''
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old December 26, 2007, 03:12 PM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,895

Cricketarchive is also showing Ashraful as MOM,

http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Sc...24/124199.html
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old December 26, 2007, 03:33 PM
pocha's Avatar
pocha pocha is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 10, 2007
Posts: 653

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Now I am confused. I mentioned Ash in the original match bulletin and later changed it after pocha's post. Cricbuzz is still showing Ash as the MOM, Cricinfo initially showed the same, but they are now showing Jamie How as the MOM.

http://www.cricbuzz.com/live-cricket...mentary-4.html

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/nzvbd...ch/300426.html
I think cricinfo made the mistake initially and others copied,later they rectified. Here's the confirmation source from nz sports portal.

http://sportal.co.nz/Cricket-news-di...st-blood-40841

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportal.co.nz
Opener and man-of-the-match Jamie How top scored with 88 off 119 as his side easily chased down Bangladesh's sub-par score of 201, shaking off criticism garnered from the recent 0-2 Chappell-Hadlee Trophy loss to Australia where he struggled to keep a steady run-rate.
Anyway,I wish bd had won instead anybody earning personal glory
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old December 26, 2007, 03:46 PM
Murad's Avatar
Murad Murad is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: July 30, 2006
Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Posts: 19,489

Pocha, did you watch the presentation live? Those who watches said Ashraful was the MoM. Don't care what the scorecard says.
__________________
~*Islam is the only way to attain peace in life, be it personal, family or political.*~
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old December 26, 2007, 04:09 PM
pocha's Avatar
pocha pocha is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 10, 2007
Posts: 653

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
Pocha, did you watch the presentation live? Those who watches said Ashraful was the MoM. Don't care what the scorecard says.
No I didnt care to watch the presentation live after the dismal show. But can you tell me who are "those" who watched it live as obvious in your remark?

Anyway as I said before, I would have been happier had the team won instead of any personal glorification.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old December 26, 2007, 07:16 PM
Sauron's Avatar
Sauron Sauron is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 26, 2005
Location: মেক্সিকো'র কয়েকশ' মাইল উপরে
Posts: 2,061

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Our title has two parts and I am sure at least 10 other reports are sharing titles similar to the second part (New Zealand cruise to victory). Is there any media outlet which has exactly same title as BC?
Since you asked ... the first part matches only with the one article that I mentioned. While the second part of the title is fairly common, the first part is a nice summary of what happened. This is why it caught my eyes when I looked at the title. Why are u getting your feathers ruffled? It could very well be the case that the SA news paper plagiarized from your article.
__________________
Of old there was Sauron the Maia...
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old December 26, 2007, 07:24 PM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,895

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron
Since you asked ... the first part matches only with the one article that I mentioned. While the second part of the title is fairly common, the first part is a nice summary of what happened. This is why it caught my eyes when I looked at the title. Why are u getting your feathers ruffled? It could very well be the case that the SA news paper plagiarized from your article.
Is it?

Here's a link for you, at least 10 other media outlets have used the first part as their headline.

Please stop crabbing and grow up man!!
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old December 26, 2007, 07:36 PM
Zunaid Zunaid is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: January 22, 2004
Posts: 21,584

Suaron - Miraz - please move on. Sauron was not necessarily being "crabby" and was conciliatory in his response.

Sauron - many a times our news bulletins have independently used common sports phraseology - "blows strong start", "hapless Bangladeshis", "seizing the initiative" et al... Happens to the best of 'em.

Miraz - those 20 links were all using a single AFP source btw.

Now, can I redirect y'alls energy to come up with the most unoriginal headline to describe the first ODI using over-worn cricket cliches? Feel free to borrow a page from Shastri's playbook (badda bing).
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket