facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 3, 2008, 11:30 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner
Default idea of two separate team (test and ODI)

Our main problem is our players dont know the difference between test and ODI, so is our selectors. These selectors are bunch of jokers, who are just filling up the position and living in a fantasy world. so many debatable decision, it seems countless.

1. why javed omar and mehrab JR is in the ODI team--- we all know they are slow batsman and strike rate is not high and can bat for a longer period and they are obvious choice for test matches.

2. another replacement was rajin, who supposed to replace tushar in 2nd ODI but didnt play not even one single match and now 12th man in test, isnt it funny? rajin definitely deserve a place in test team. he can bat and he is the best fielder.

3. rafiq is not part of test team------its like SL test team without murali. BD shouldn't even think about making a team without rafiq.

4. khaled masud--- selectors always says, he is the best wicketkeeper in asia but his batting form is not up to the mark, so he was given rest. now his batting form is superb and he is still neglected and still in marathon rest.

5. NZ wicket is pace friendly. we all know one spinner will play, why we have both razzaq and enam jr in test squad
6. Junaed siddiqui--- one 20/20 appearance, 3 ODI--without success, now he is playing test, wow.
7. Mushfiq rahim------he even didnt get run in NCL, u expect him to perform in national level and his keeping is always weak. masud is 100 times better than him in wicketkeeping
8. i think bashar was playing in the first test to secure his spot in ODI, unnecessary shot. seems like he is trying to play like junaed (i think we all know,hard hitting is the key to entrance of BD team). may be next test batsman is najmul Hossain Milon and nadif chowdhury, who knows.

I think its time for us to make two separate team for test and ODI. so our players will be able to set up their mind. did u guys notice in last ODI, aftab was just playing to secure his test position and he has success in that. today, bashar was securing his ODI position. what a shame, players are playing for themselves, not for the team.

It will be better, make two separate team and if some one performs above his standard, they will be considered for both version. this is the one and only solution for BD team. and we will have enough world standard players. these players will only focus on their exact role.and players will be less injured.

what do u guys think? should we make two separate team or just leave it like this.
Old January 3, 2008, 11:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

bro, bangladesh is not in that stage.you can separate the test and odi team when you are continuesly winning the match. First of all bangladesh players need to learn how to stay in the crease for hours. amader player ra basic skill e jane na.. abar alada team.. kuno lav hobea na.. lets see what Jimmi Siddons can do.
Old January 3, 2008, 11:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnaved
bro, bangladesh is not in that stage.you can separate the test and odi team when you are continuesly winning the match. First of all bangladesh players need to learn how to stay in the crease for hours. amader player ra basic skill e jane na.. abar alada team.. kuno lav hobea na.. lets see what Jimmi Siddons can do.

my point is when u already have success, why u need to make two separate team? may be one or two players will be changed but not the whole team. but our problem is unique. when our players play test, their attitude is ODI type and when they play ODI, their attitude is test type.
Old January 3, 2008, 11:59 PM
Banned

if we make two separate team. my ideal test team will be

javed omar
shahariar nafees
habibul bashar
ashraful
al shahriar Rokon
rajin saleh
khaled masud
mohammad rafiq
shahadat Hossain
sajedul islam
enamul haq Jr

extra 4: alok kapali, talha jubair, ehsanul haq sejan, Imrul Kayes

my ODI team

Tamm iqbal
junaed siddiqui
mushfiq rahim
sakib al hasan
mohammad ashraful
aftab ahmed
mahmudullah riad
farhad reza
mashrafi mortaza
abdur razzaq
syed rasel

extra 4: nazimuddin, dollar mahmud, najmus sadat, Mosharraf rubel
Old January 4, 2008, 12:05 AM
Cricket Legend

50% of your point of view is right.. however..it's true that bangladeshi player don't have patience and confidence.. once they build it up then you can decide.. who will be in the test or who will be in the odi...you see most of the talented bd players are attacking except JO er vai brother ra.. so whom you gonna pick for the test except them? I was thinking this idea a long time ago.. but can't work right now.
Old January 4, 2008, 12:07 AM
Cricket Legend

yeah..tht's cool.. but the problem is with our bd traditional selectors.. they want to pick their neighbors
Old January 4, 2008, 12:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnaved
yeah..tht's cool.. but the problem is with our bd traditional selectors.. they want to pick their neighbors

ha ha , agree with u brother. naimur rahman durjoy is the worst selector. BD team manager should be khaled mahmud sujon, in my opinion
Old January 4, 2008, 01:09 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Where were you, when the team which had JO, Rajin were bundled up for 62 and 89 in Srilanka?
Old January 4, 2008, 01:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

i wud soooo luv 2 c aminul islam bulbul in da selection committee tho hez workn on da development of china cricket currently.
Old January 4, 2008, 04:09 AM
Banned

really. he is working in china cricket? wow.
Old January 4, 2008, 04:39 AM
First Class Cricketer

BD does not have big enough pool for players for even one team too compete in international level. Not sure from where we will get the 2nd team.
However, it is good to have the national team and a A team (not the under 19).
Old January 4, 2008, 05:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

Wiseshah, I don't think Habibul was playing to mark out his ODI credentials today. Even if he was, I think it's quite clear the selectors won't consider him for ODIs anymore...
Old January 4, 2008, 08:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

here is my Ideal Test team:

Shahriar Nafees
Tamim Iqbal
Rajin Saleh
Ehsanul Haque
Alok Kapali
Habibul Bashar
Mohammad Ashraful
Mushfiqur Rahim
Mohammad Rafique
Farhad Reza
Shahadat Hossain

other 4: Rasel(would have been there but injured),Mortaza(off form ), Enamul Jr. Shakib

i think this is what i would have done if i was a selector... we seriously need to learn how to Bat my lineup consists of only 2 strike pacers and a bunch of Allrounders, what do you think?

my Ideal ODI team for this tour would have been:

Tamim Iqbal
Mushfiqur Rahim
Mohammad Nazimuddin
Mohammad Ashraful
Shakib-Al-Hasan
Aftab Ahmed
Farhad Reza
Mohammad Rafique
Abdur Razzak
Syed Rasel
Shahadat Hossain

extra man: Nafees, Kapali, Rajin, Mortaza

thus our 18 man squad declared should have been: Mohammad Ashraful, Mashrafee Mortaza, Mushfiqur Rahim,Tamim Iqbal, Mohammad Nazimuddin, Shakib-al-hasan,Aftab Ahmed, Farhad Reza, Mohammad Rafique, Abdur Razzak, Syed Rasel, Shahadat Hossain,Shahriar Nafees, Alok Kapali, Rajin Saleh, Enamul Haque jr., Ehsanul Haque, Habibul Bashar.

those should be on the tour only who deserves it and worked really hard for it.

Last edited by Rifat; January 4, 2008 at 12:08 PM..
Old January 4, 2008, 02:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

20/20 team ki dosh korlo? have a separate team for that as well. No? While we are at it, why stop with one coach? Lets have three coaches for three teams, so your 'ideal' teams would yield some fruit.
Old January 4, 2008, 03:08 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Why didn't we think of it before?

Test - Mohsin Kamal ("Sidha Khelo")
ODI - Trevor Chappel ("Fielding")
20/20 - Afridi (we'll force him to retire so that he can take this job)
Old January 4, 2008, 03:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I feel that Coach Siddons will work out a strategy in due course. He will work with about 21 players and improve them mentally and practically as good players. give him time, miracles do not happen overnight. He wants to keep the same players together all the time, and then from this pool, players will find their niche in ODIs and Tests.
Fans, pls have patience, give the coach another six months and we will see at least a 25% improvement, I have faith in him.
Look, the team did not get skittled out for less than 100 runs and they are fighting back in the bowling dept. In SL, they were bowled out for far less and then SL amassed big totals. This will not happen in NZ first innings. Our 2 best batsman got out for Zeros. they will be much better in the second innings.
Old January 4, 2008, 03:17 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
Why didn't we think of it before?

Test - Mohsin Kamal ("Sidha Khelo")
ODI - Trevor Chappel ("Fielding")
20/20 - Afridi (we'll force him to retire so that he can take this job)
We don't need a coach in 20/20, we can supply plenty of coaches with ages between 17-25.

The rest is fine.
Old January 4, 2008, 03:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

There is no need for coach for the batting in 20/20

There is just one four worded rule

1/ See ball, Make Bang
Old January 4, 2008, 03:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Make Mehrab Jr the coach.