facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 5, 2008, 10:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default "indian ashraful" also buckled under pressure...again

misery loves company...

7.4 Clark to Tendulkar, OUT

SR Tendulkar b Clark 12 (16b 3x4 0x6) SR: 75.00
17.3 Clark to Tendulkar, FOUR, Tendulkar leans across to one on middle stump and closes the face of the bat to play the ball behind square leg, there's no one there and the ball runs to the boundary with Clarke in hot pursuit

#OneTeam1Dream

Old January 5, 2008, 11:26 PM
First Class Cricketer

Tendulkar chokes now a days, especially while batting in the second innings. But still, I do not think there are too many similarities between the two batsmen, other than that they both play the same game.
Old January 5, 2008, 11:38 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Bhai plz dont compare our useless players with SRT. Our entire team combine doesn't qualify to be compared with SRT.
Old January 5, 2008, 11:44 PM
BC Editorial Team

If only the Bangladeshi Ashraful had a tenth of the cricketing intelligence of the Indian Ashraful ....
Old January 5, 2008, 11:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

based on performance, ash got no cricketing intelligence. he played more than 100 odi matches, still his average is like 23.i heard a comment from ricki ponting in interview during world cup,2007 that " Ashraful only got talent with average of 20 and he will never get a chance in any of our 1st division team.
Old January 6, 2008, 12:34 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

ash still turned the match around...good captaincy.

not trying to make a comparison...tho i feel ash will be a legend by the time he hangs up his bat. performance wise there ain't no comparison between SRT and anyone else, not to mention ash.

but i haven't seen anyone except SRT who looks as comfortable in any given innings as ash, or plays as many strokes as ash can, or dominate great batsmen like ash has.

IMO, and its just my opinion (which just happens to always mirror fact ), the only thing seperating ash from tendu-level greatness is his mental block.

again its not about performance or any other tangible trait...i mean indians shouldn't get their panties in bunch for at least a couple of reasons.

comparing BD's best to tendy as opposed to ponting, or inzy or lara is done because he (tendy) is held to be the pinacle of a great batsman. its quite an honor actually, rather than an insult.

secondly, i would never call out tamim for example as being a "bangladeshi SRT" even though his consistency is much higher than ashful. its not about just whimsically picking out a joe-blow and saying he's the next SRT.

and if one is dumb enough to think that...

#OneTeam1Dream

Last edited by al Furqaan; January 6, 2008 at 12:39 AM..
Old January 6, 2008, 04:05 AM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnaved
based on performance, ash got no cricketing intelligence. he played more than 100 odi matches, still his average is like 23.i heard a comment from ricki ponting in interview during world cup,2007 that " Ashraful only got talent with average of 20 and he will never get a chance in any of our 1st division team.
Thats the reason they are australia and we are bangladesh cricket team. With our current team I see no chance to win a test against aussies even in their worst batting, bowling and fielding performance day. And there is also no reason to quit watching bd match. After all only cricket represents us to the world proudly.

Last edited by Anher; January 6, 2008 at 04:25 AM..
Old January 6, 2008, 09:07 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin
If only the Bangladeshi Ashraful had a tenth of the cricketing intelligence of the Indian Ashraful ....
Ouch!!! Bangladeshi Tendulker is still very young and learning fast. Batting for Bangladesh is lot harder than Batting for India. Put him in Indian side and see how his average goes up!
Old January 6, 2008, 10:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I always though of Ash as "our Aravinda ready to happen" as it will Inshallah. Tendy is another level altogether.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old January 6, 2008, 11:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Comparing to Tendulkar is comparing an apple with a Boeing Airlpane. They are not at the same leauge, frequency,class or talent. Ashraful can be compared, maybe with, Steve Tikolo.. ( yeah, thats how frustrated with his inablity to apply his skills)
Old January 6, 2008, 11:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
Comparing to Tendulkar is comparing an apple with a Boeing Airlpane. They are not at the same leauge, frequency,class or talent. Ashraful can be compared, maybe with, Steve Tikolo.. ( yeah, thats how frustrated with his inablity to apply his skills)
sorry but you lack cricket intellect if thats your view, we are not comparing performance, we are comparing talent and class, there are few batsman that can play masterful strokes against good balls against the best bowlers of the world.

Tendy and ash are one of them

How successful would ash be if he was brought up by the domestic circuit of Australia, he would of been a star batsman of Australia, or if he was groomed in India by the best coaches that BCCI provided. That he didnt come into the crease with scores like 20/2 , 50/3, 70/4,

So dont underestimate Ash, he just lacks the application

Last edited by Nafi; January 6, 2008 at 11:42 AM..
Old January 6, 2008, 11:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
Ashraful can be compared, maybe with, Steve Tikolo.. ( yeah, thats how frustrated with his inablity to apply his skills)
Tikolo is much better than Ash...at least he doesnt throw his wicket like ours
Old January 6, 2008, 11:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Probably Ash and Kevin peterson can be compared but not with SRT, cause than we r injustifying SRT or we r too blind to see the reality or we are bunch of ignorances!!!

Last edited by Shaan; January 6, 2008 at 11:57 AM..
Old January 6, 2008, 11:51 AM
Banned

The only player whom I can compare with Ash would be Afridi as they play very similar. Ash avg is way too low to be compared with higher class batsman. We know he was the materials but when will he bring it out consistently?
Old January 6, 2008, 11:58 AM
Cricket Legend

I cant believe you guys, you can compare the stats of Afridi and Steve Tikolo, that just really shows you dont have much understanding of the game. no offense but thats all I see

Ash's class and talent can only be compared with Tendulkar. They play in similiar style, Brian Lara is a different player (plays late with high backlift) with higher class than both, Ash and Tendy are so parallel, I would go far as saying Ash is close to him natural ability, they both bat similiarly especially that magnificent cut and cover drive they play, Ash is for me the best player of the pull

I think you guys are just really ignorant.

Quote:
Ash avg is way too low to be compared with higher class batsman.
That is what an ignorant person says, numbers dont say anything when you try to define the class of a player.

Last edited by Nafi; January 6, 2008 at 12:42 PM..
Old January 6, 2008, 12:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
I cant believe you guys, you can compare the stats of Afridi and Steve Tikolo, that just really shows you dont have much understanding of the game. no offense but thats all I see

but Ash's class and talent can only be compared with Tendulkar.

I think you guys are just really ignorant.

That is what an ignorant person says, numbers dont say anything when you try to define the class of a player.
lol so let me ask you this. Who would you pick: Ashraful or Michael Clarke(Aus)?
Old January 6, 2008, 12:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell2k7
lol so let me ask you this. Who would you pick: Ashraful or Michael Clarke(Aus)?
this just tells me more you dont understand, of course I'll pick Michael Clarke for 1st XI, I'll put ash in the australian domestic circuit for two years, cos as Australia I can AFFORD to do that, because there's no demand for batting.
Old January 6, 2008, 12:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
this just tells me more you dont understand, of course I'll pick Michael Clarke for 1st XI, I'll put ash in the australian domestic circuit for two years, cos as Australia I can AFFORD to do that, because there's no demand for batting.
Plz I do understand. See now Ash is my fav player but I am also being honest. You answered it correctly so there you go. Case dismissed.
Old January 6, 2008, 12:35 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MashrafeRazzakShakib(atm)

Ashrafool( Ashraful, Ashar-fool or whatever his name is ) plays the cover drive and cut shot like Tendulkar but he plays those pull and hook shots according to his own style. He follows Tendulkar's technique but he should follow his batting more and coach Jimi Siddons should help him to work on his batting technique to score consistently in both ODI and Test.
Old January 6, 2008, 01:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

Quote:
I'll put ash in the australian domestic circuit for two years, cos as Australia I can AFFORD to do that, because there's no demand for batting.

bro, they would pick sakib rather than ash.. do u know that sakib is the first bd batsman who got offer from a English county team? You can't be a batsman if you don't understand the match temperment. kenya is a far below team than bangladesh, plus they have a poor coach, but look at steve ticolo. How determined is he? He never threw his wicket, untill he stays at the crease. If he get an average of 30+ runs, than why not ashraful?
Old January 6, 2008, 03:32 PM
Cricket Legend

I didnt know this was a fan site for Indian players, I thought it was for Bangladeshi players
Old January 6, 2008, 03:53 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal, Ashraful

Ashraful needs to spend some time in academia - learn some math, logic, ENGLISH, Bangla, art and etc. Just cricket, since he was 16, has hurt his brain. I still can't believe the way he gave away his wicket...
Old January 6, 2008, 05:49 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

If Ash worked as hard as Tendulkar he had every chance to be as destructive a player as Tendulkar, with a test average in the high fifties. Not saying I know he doesn't work hard, just that he has to work harder. I guess comparisons with tendulkar is also appropriate since both started playing cricket at a very early age and both arrived with a bang. He'll be in my team any day over Tikolo or Afridi. However, I do wish he had better education and a life outside cricket to fall back on. Hayden loves to cook...some of the Aussies like to fish...
Old January 6, 2008, 06:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

When a young lad of barely 17 years old score a magical innings of over a century in his maiden test century and become the first to do so ( record has never been broken and IMO will never be broken because no country will choose a 17 yr old in their test team), then this is a classy batsman Comparing Tendulkar and Ashraful is not fair. Different backgrounds, different country, Tendulkar had much better opporunity and coaches, Ashraful had to struggle and the little guy has been playing serious cricket since he was 10 yrs old,just relying on his natural talents. He can play nearly every shot in the book, has the makings of a good batsman, but somehow lacks application. Hopefully, in the next 2 years we will see a great improvement in him.
Old January 6, 2008, 06:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
I always though of Ash as "our Aravinda ready to happen" as it will Inshallah. Tendy is another level altogether.
Sohel bhai,
Stats, Talent, classical shots, anything and everything SRT is above Arvinda. Yet I don't know why I would still take an Arvinda over a Tendy in BD team (may be watching live in Dhaka league has something to do with it). So if Ash is to become Arvinda of BD instead of Tendy of BD, i would be more than overjoyed.

Last edited by Tigers_eye; January 6, 2008 at 06:56 PM..