facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 13, 2010, 11:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mo Chow = Chow Mo

Rajshahir Porabarir Chom Chom kheyechen kokhono apnara?
Old January 14, 2010, 08:17 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Anyone knows where will the official computer science olympiad be held in 2010 and who will be the representators for it from Bangladesh and who will be our sponsors? :tense:
Old January 14, 2010, 10:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
Anyone knows where will the official computer science olympiad be held in 2010 and who will be the representators for it from Bangladesh and who will be our sponsors? :tense:
http://www.ioinformatics.org/index.shtml
Old January 14, 2010, 10:43 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
http://www.ioinformatics.org/index.shtml
Thanks for the response sir....although it was half in jest. But the following isn't:

I am planning to find my ancestry as far back as possible to see if there are any "cool" people who are my forefathers like flirtmachine Casanova, Cleopatra the slut, Caesar, Dedekind, butcher Tamerlane, Marquis de Sade....well you get the gist.

I already went to ancestry.com and other related sites. My questions are:

• Has anyone used any time of ancestry search programs/sites/institutions esp. in Bangladesh to locate their heritage?
  • Will it be beneficial for me pay them? Because when I searched the answers are not that promising and it seems weird that all my dead ancestors from BD will have their records in their site. These sites are mainly for Western people whose records are easier to sort out.
  • So what would be my best bet? I know there is a Bangladeshi org. but not sure if anyone used any service from them. Also, the question of reliability.
  • Can BC come into help? For starters, billah bhai has a common surname with my ancestors but I doubt his anti-beat boxing gene is sth. I share. j/k

Any help to get my started yielding healthy percentage of fruitful result would be deeply appreciated. Who knows may be I will even open a thread if I am successful at tracing back my family tree as far as 15th century to share my joy!
Old January 18, 2010, 10:21 AM
Club Cricketer

I am not sure if we are allowed to ask for help or advice in this "Forget Cricket" section but in case it is ok I wish somebody ( I know there are many here who are expert in computers) would kindly advice me about a problem I am facing with my computer recently. My computer shuts down abruptly and I have to start it again. If I start it immediately it shuts down pretty quick. But if I wait for a few hours I am able to work for several hours. Is it repairable or do I have to throw it away and get a new one (I can't afford to buy one right now !)

Mods, if it is inappropirate to ask for personal help, please delete the post. Thank you.
Old January 18, 2010, 10:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

it's probably heating up. check the air circulation.
Old January 18, 2010, 02:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasin
I am not sure if we are allowed to ask for help or advice in this "Forget Cricket" section but in case it is ok I wish somebody ( I know there are many here who are expert in computers) would kindly advice me about a problem I am facing with my computer recently. My computer shuts down abruptly and I have to start it again. If I start it immediately it shuts down pretty quick. But if I wait for a few hours I am able to work for several hours. Is it repairable or do I have to throw it away and get a new one (I can't afford to buy one right now !)
Tasin,

Is it a laptop? It's a common problem with older laptops (and probably with some new ones too), where it heats up too quickly and shuts down by itself. One way to ensure that this doesn't happen is to make sure that you don't use it on your lap (yeah, what a joke, I know)...or make sure that you are NOT blocking the vents in any way.

If it's a desktop...I'ld open it up, and give it a good blow. You're from Canada...you should find good blowers from computer shops for $3 or 4...and use that to blow out the dust...don't use vacuum cleaners for that for sure. But if you're able to take off the sides of your computer chassis, then you could use vacuum cleaner on them WHILE THEY ARE OFF. The blowers are good because if your computer is turned off, you can even blow over the motherboard and all...it dries up in a couple of seconds, and you can turn your computer back on after just 30 seconds or so.
Old January 18, 2010, 02:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Does anyone know how to fix the keyboard keys? When I press the @ key I get ". I know I can just do it the other way around but I wanna learn how to fix it.
Old January 18, 2010, 03:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Charlie Chaplin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Does anyone know how to fix the keyboard keys? When I press the @ key I get ". I know I can just do it the other way around but I wanna learn how to fix it.
Switch your Key Board layout. There is a Yahoo answer on this specific issue.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1105033AAcZYgd
Old January 18, 2010, 03:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Charlie Chaplin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasin

Mods, if it is inappropirate to ask for personal help, please delete the post. Thank you.
Probably AMD Athlon - need to fan the CPU all the time. Dell with Intel also have this issue whether laptop or desktop. Sometimes there is dust coagulated inside the fan and surroundings - go to a nearby hardware store and tell them to clean up the inside for you.
Old January 18, 2010, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Dust is very likely, but also do make sure that you shut down your machine often (not standby but actually shut it down) when you're not using it and don't let it heat up too much.
Old January 19, 2010, 01:30 AM
Club Cricketer

Thank you all who have kindly replied and suggested solutions to the problem. I will try those out.

My computer is a desk top HP Pavillion Media Center TV PC, model vs19e

Thanks again.
Old January 22, 2010, 06:50 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Has anyone ever felt that s/he is becoming a misanthropist? I sometimes, not always, feel that I am misanthrope.
Old January 22, 2010, 07:05 AM
Cricket Legend

^ that deserves a thread bhai plz open

most of the time during 2005 I felt I was kinda misanthrope :|
Old January 22, 2010, 10:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

wait, let me google first.

Edit: oh hell yes, i do become one when BD loses...feel like killing everyone else around.
Old January 22, 2010, 10:24 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T

Edit: oh hell yes, i do become one when BD loses...feel like killing everyone else around.
Man you got it. After all those ordinary/20 wicket comment + our top order batting failure + loss the test by 100 runs have made me a misanthrope for the time being
Old January 22, 2010, 10:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T

All BC members should be taking Anti-depressant medicine.
Old January 22, 2010, 12:52 PM
Cricket Legend

How are jobs in engineering (elec/comp R&D etc) in US east coast at the moment (not that I am looking for one)? Heard 2 fresh laid off stories this week when I thought the economy was just getting better. so how is it exactly.... (I hear texas,arizona & cali are the places to get an engineering job in US at the moment)....
Old January 22, 2010, 08:50 PM
Cricket Legend

abt Bangladesh being under water by 2050, if we make a tall and strong dam around the Bay of Bengal, can it stop the water and prevent Bangladesh from being under water? Ya, it will make it impossible for ships to go in, people to go to the beach, and some other problems but it can save us A LOT of land. And for the ships, they can have a man made island or something where they can transfer the cargo or people to an airplane and fly them into the country.
Old January 22, 2010, 09:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsash
abt Bangladesh being under water by 2050, if we make a tall and strong dam around the Bay of Bengal, can it stop the water and prevent Bangladesh from being under water? Ya, it will make it impossible for ships to go in, people to go to the beach, and some other problems but it can save us A LOT of land. And for the ships, they can have a man made island or something where they can transfer the cargo or people to an airplane and fly them into the country.
well first of all building a dam will cost a hell lot of money, which we dont have.. And using money for the best thing is one of our worse qualities.. Unless the people volunteer to work to build the dam for free, it will be impossible to build it..

And if they make a man made island, that also involves money and also the island has to be really high too otherwise wont it be flooded too??
Old January 22, 2010, 09:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashraf-FTP
well first of all building a dam will cost a hell lot of money, which we dont have.. And using money for the best thing is one of our worse qualities.. Unless the people volunteer to work to build the dam for free, it will be impossible to build it..

And if they make a man made island, that also involves money and also the island has to be really high too otherwise wont it be flooded too??
Ha ha...leave the convincing of people to work for free to me and the man made island, last year we were learning abt the man made island in Dubai and I asked the teacher abt the dam being under water coz of global warming and she said that they have some kind of thing that makes it go up so I think we can install that to it. Oh, and the money prob, considering our population, it should be nothing after they apply that rule where it says they have to pay tax or go to jail.
Old January 22, 2010, 09:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Ha ha...leave the convincing of people to work for free to me and the man made island, last year we were learning abt the man made island in Dubai and I asked the teacher abt the dam being under water coz of global warming and she said that they have some kind of thing that makes it go up so I think we can install that to it. Oh, and the money prob, considering our population, it should be nothing after they apply that rule where it says they have to pay tax or go to jail.
Again, First of all, for Dubai a $100 bill is like napkins, its worth nothing, while in BD if you earn $100 per month, You are one of the richer people in the country..

And if the people dont have enough money, where are they gonna pay from?? there choice then is going to be like, Go to jail or die cause of poverty.. which one do you think they will take??
Old January 22, 2010, 09:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Again, First of all, for Dubai a $100 bill is like napkins, its worth nothing, while in BD if you earn $100 per month, You are one of the richer people in the country..

And if the people dont have enough money, where are they gonna pay from?? there choice then is going to be like, Go to jail or die cause of poverty.. which one do you think they will take??
we can get loans from other countries and slowly pay it off.

Last edited by sbsash; January 22, 2010 at 09:54 PM..
Old January 22, 2010, 10:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
we can get loans from other countries and slowly pay it off.
Well BD already has enough debts from the world bank that they badly need to pay off.. Its soo much that noone would really want to let you borrow money..

And TBH, i dont think arguing wuth you is the best choice, you just dont get things (no offence)..
Old January 22, 2010, 10:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Well BD already has enough debts from the world bank that they badly need to pay off.. Its soo much that noone would really want to let you borrow money..

And TBH, i dont think arguing wuth you is the best choice, you just dont get things (no offence)..
its not a matter of getting things, its a matter of how u see it and I see it my way. These r our opinions not facts we're arguing with.