facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #201  
Old October 7, 2007, 01:46 PM
Dhruvo Dhruvo is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 9, 2007
Posts: 4,516

i have one question:
whats the best cricket shop in chittagong ?
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old October 7, 2007, 03:43 PM
Nafis_BD's Avatar
Nafis_BD Nafis_BD is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 2, 2006
Location: Scarborough, Ontario (Canada)
Favorite Player: BD Team Players
Posts: 3,446

Dhrubo, It's probably the one that Akram Khan owns or you could go to the Market where there there are a lot of sports shops and could just browse through them. I will ask my uncle today and let you know which one is the best as he is in Chittagong now and If you need any assistance then I am sure my uncle would be happy to help you guys!!
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old October 7, 2007, 06:53 PM
Dhruvo Dhruvo is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 9, 2007
Posts: 4,516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafis_BD
Dhrubo, It's probably the one that Akram Khan owns or you could go to the Market where there there are a lot of sports shops and could just browse through them. I will ask my uncle today and let you know which one is the best as he is in Chittagong now and If you need any assistance then I am sure my uncle would be happy to help you guys!!
okay thanks,but whats the name of akram khans shop ? any idea,aww thanks your uncle and you are very kind but i think telling me the name of akram khans shop will me enough.
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old October 7, 2007, 06:59 PM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,901

Can anyone suggest me a good site to review calculus (both elementary and advanced)?

And a useful site on statistics?

Any help is highly appreciated.
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old October 7, 2007, 08:15 PM
Nafis_BD's Avatar
Nafis_BD Nafis_BD is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 2, 2006
Location: Scarborough, Ontario (Canada)
Favorite Player: BD Team Players
Posts: 3,446

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo
okay thanks,but whats the name of akram khans shop ? any idea,aww thanks your uncle and you are very kind but i think telling me the name of akram khans shop will me enough.
Well Dhrubo I am not sure about the name of the store but if you go to the shops and ask where Akram Khan's Cricket shop is they should know and guide you there!!

I heard the shop is pretty big and has lots of equipments but For me InterSports and Cricket Corner is the best cricket shop in Bangladesh!! If you go to Dhaka then I would suggest to go to the stadium market. You could also go to Cricket Corner, InterSports and etc.

Here is a tip for you. Don't just go to Akram Khan's store, browse through all the stores and buy from the one that has cheap but really good equipments otherwise if you just go to one store then you might get ripped off as some other store might have the same thing with the same quality for even cheaper!!

What do you need to buy anyways?? I might be able to give you some tips about the equipment!!

BTW do you play hard-ball cricket??
Good Luck and have a safe trip to Bangladesh.
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old October 7, 2007, 08:33 PM
Farhad's Avatar
Farhad Farhad is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 11, 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Favorite Player: Sakibul Hasan
Posts: 2,815

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Can anyone suggest me a good site to review calculus (both elementary and advanced)?

And a useful site on statistics?

Any help is highly appreciated.
You probably tried this already so it might not be of much help to you, but i had the same problem a year ago, so i just googled it up and found two sites that were of a lot of help to me:

www.calculus.net/ci2/?tag=
www.calculus.org (on it youll find links to online tutorials and textbooks)
__________________
^True dat^

Last edited by Farhad; October 7, 2007 at 08:38 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old October 8, 2007, 01:54 AM
Dhruvo Dhruvo is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 9, 2007
Posts: 4,516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafis_BD
Well Dhrubo I am not sure about the name of the store but if you go to the shops and ask where Akram Khan's Cricket shop is they should know and guide you there!!

I heard the shop is pretty big and has lots of equipments but For me InterSports and Cricket Corner is the best cricket shop in Bangladesh!! If you go to Dhaka then I would suggest to go to the stadium market. You could also go to Cricket Corner, InterSports and etc.

Here is a tip for you. Don't just go to Akram Khan's store, browse through all the stores and buy from the one that has cheap but really good equipments otherwise if you just go to one store then you might get ripped off as some other store might have the same thing with the same quality for even cheaper!!

What do you need to buy anyways?? I might be able to give you some tips about the equipment!!

BTW do you play hard-ball cricket??
Good Luck and have a safe trip to Bangladesh.
thanks,well i am gonna buy a hard ball bat,one cork ball or hard ball,a pair of pads,a pair of gloves and all the others needed lol i didnt used to play with hard ball i am new in it,yes i do play with the hard ball.
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old October 8, 2007, 07:53 AM
Alien's Avatar
Alien Alien is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 19, 2006
Location: Vladivostok
Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan
Posts: 2,939

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehsan
Alien,
I am not sure if I have heard the late bit of your quote. You might wanna ask the Imam himself for clarification and share with us what he meant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Alien bhai, first of all tell us which planet you're from. You see, on Earth, no matter which mosque I've been to, I've never heard the Imam say this. Or probably the Imam says this in Arabic, for which I can't translate to English.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd
hmm, thats strange and equally meaningless. havent heard anything like this before, but ofcourse there can be a logical interpretation of this. Maybe the Imam was making a point in a certain context.....
It's not just one imam (in which case I would have ignored it) but almost every Jamaat I have been to (with english sermon) that says it usually after finishing khutba. I did a bit of google searching on this and came up with some interesting links such as this site and a google says more but haven't had time to go through any of them yet.
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old October 10, 2007, 10:17 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 25,458

Is $60 worth shaking Dr. Yunus's hand? I need to decide my Monday morning.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old October 10, 2007, 10:29 AM
Kabir's Avatar
Kabir Kabir is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: September 3, 2006
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger
Posts: 11,139

For shaking hands? I don't think so. For being able to chat for 5 mins, I DO think so.

Now, the question is a different one if you're spending that money on ticket to get inside an event, or ticket to travel to a place to meet him. If it's $60 for traveling, it's probably worth it. But I wouldn't pay $60 to get into an event just to shake his hands.

Where will you meet him? Arkansas? Or some other city?
__________________
cricket is a PROCESS, not an EVENT or two. -- Sohel_NR
Fans need to stop DUI (Dreaming Under Influence)!
Reply With Quote
  #211  
Old October 10, 2007, 10:45 AM
cricket_dorshok's Avatar
cricket_dorshok cricket_dorshok is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 16, 2006
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq
Posts: 3,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
For shaking hands? I don't think so. For being able to chat for 5 mins, I DO think so.

Now, the question is a different one if you're spending that money on ticket to get inside an event, or ticket to travel to a place to meet him. If it's $60 for traveling, it's probably worth it. But I wouldn't pay $60 to get into an event just to shake his hands.

Where will you meet him? Arkansas? Or some other city?
Kabir bhai apni to janen na Tiger bhaier kottto taka. $60 nothing to him
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old October 10, 2007, 11:40 AM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 15,874

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Is $60 worth shaking Dr. Yunus's hand? I need to decide my Monday morning.
It all depends....

for exmaple:

Is it American dollar or Singapore Dollar.. or....


Or is this hand shaking going to happen just after he washed his hand or just after he poked his...
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old October 10, 2007, 12:56 PM
ialbd's Avatar
ialbd ialbd is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 7, 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 5,845

One quick question...

anyone drove in BD (Dhaka) with their US/Canadian/Aus/UK driver's license? Any ganjam with the sergeants/traffic police regarding that?

this is legal right?
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old October 10, 2007, 12:57 PM
ialbd's Avatar
ialbd ialbd is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 7, 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 5,845

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
It all depends....
Is it American dollar or Singapore Dollar.. or....
arey fazal bhai you forgot the strongest dollar of all.... zimbabwean dollar ...
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old October 11, 2007, 08:27 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 25,458

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd
arey fazal bhai you forgot the strongest dollar of all.... zimbabwean dollar ...
Fazal bhai bura hoiye gasey. Time to time onek kisu bhuiley jai.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Where will you meet him? Arkansas? Or some other city?
Little Rock, Arkansas. He is speaking on a "Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce" gathering for fortune 500. Monday Oct 15th. Luncheon cost $60.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_dorshok
Kabir bhai apni to janen na Tiger bhaier kottto taka. $60 nothing to him
Apney thik'e dhorsen. Amar onek legal taka. Allah onek disay. Meaning I can surely afford. But the question is does it worth? The only reason I am pondering on this is he is old and may not have a second chance. If I go before him then the point is mute.

As I said before, to me the value of shaking hands with Al Furqaan, hugging Kabir and kissing P_C is more than to shake Dr. Yunus's hand.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.

Last edited by Tigers_eye; October 11, 2007 at 12:05 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old October 11, 2007, 09:27 AM
Kabir's Avatar
Kabir Kabir is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: September 3, 2006
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger
Posts: 11,139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Little Rock, Arkansas. He is speaking on a "Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce" gathering for furtune 500. Monday Oct 15th. Luncheon cost $60.
I think then it's worth it.

Quote:
As I said before, to me the value of shaking hands with Al Furqaan, hugging Kabir and kissing P_C is more than to shake Dr. Yunus's hand.
Now that's a bit too shommanjonok. But yes, to me, meeting our Mijan bhai will be more important than meeting Dr. Yunus too...honestly speaking
__________________
cricket is a PROCESS, not an EVENT or two. -- Sohel_NR
Fans need to stop DUI (Dreaming Under Influence)!
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old October 12, 2007, 10:57 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 25,458

I guess the original question has no value now. I have been invited not only to the luncheon (free) but also to a reception that the sponsors are throwing at him. All I did was talked to the Governor for a minute or so. It helps to know people. Will post pictures in Asaad's thread in near future.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old October 13, 2007, 07:58 AM
Alien's Avatar
Alien Alien is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 19, 2006
Location: Vladivostok
Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan
Posts: 2,939

Does anyone feel weird eating during daytime after Romjan?
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old October 15, 2007, 09:50 AM
Kabir's Avatar
Kabir Kabir is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: September 3, 2006
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger
Posts: 11,139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
Does anyone feel weird eating during daytime after Romjan?
No. My brain and my stomach lose the connection after chan raat.
__________________
cricket is a PROCESS, not an EVENT or two. -- Sohel_NR
Fans need to stop DUI (Dreaming Under Influence)!
Reply With Quote
  #220  
Old October 25, 2007, 09:00 AM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 15,874

What is Yaba?
Reply With Quote
  #221  
Old October 25, 2007, 09:01 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 25,458

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
What is Yaba?
habibul bashar. Correct your spellings.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #222  
Old October 25, 2007, 09:28 AM
Kabir's Avatar
Kabir Kabir is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: September 3, 2006
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger
Posts: 11,139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
What is Yaba?
Depends on what you're trying to say.

If it's YABA - Yet Another Bloody Acronym

In pharmaceutical area, it's: Yaba is a derivative of synthetic Amphetamines such as speed and can be manufactured far more quickly and easily than traditional forms of amphetamines.

In Thai: Yaa baa (ยาบ้า; also Ya Ba or Yaba; "crazy medicine" in Thai) are tablets containing a mixture of methamphetamine and caffeine ...

In Nigeria: Yaba is a suburb of Lagos, Nigeria.

Ps. Damn, google rocks!
__________________
cricket is a PROCESS, not an EVENT or two. -- Sohel_NR
Fans need to stop DUI (Dreaming Under Influence)!
Reply With Quote
  #223  
Old October 25, 2007, 10:40 AM
ialbd's Avatar
ialbd ialbd is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 7, 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 5,845

with all types of yaba news around, the invention of the term 'Yaba Shundori' (women yaba dealers) is simply hilarious..... haha.....

these stuffs alone can sell any bangla newspaper.....
Reply With Quote
  #224  
Old October 25, 2007, 11:37 AM
Rumz_01's Avatar
Rumz_01 Rumz_01 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 18, 2007
Location: UK
Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim
Posts: 1,664

Does the Quran mention that hijab is obligatory, as in straightforward, has to be done? n if so cud someone give me a reference as to where and what it says?

Thank You
Reply With Quote
  #225  
Old October 25, 2007, 11:50 AM
Sohel's Avatar
Sohel Sohel is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: April 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Posts: 35,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumz_01
Does the Quran mention that hijab is obligatory, as in straightforward, has to be done? n if so cud someone give me a reference as to where and what it says?

Thank You
Check your PM ...
__________________
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket