facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 9, 2008, 12:57 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default Jesse Ryder ..the new Jayasurya

Just watching this new guy from NZ.Looks like a new Jays to me.

Remember guys ..you heard it here first, and my name B-H-A-R-A-T.
Old February 9, 2008, 01:08 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Napoleon Einstein

adam parore has said "we don't need fat people playing cricket" but this guy has a huge future
Old February 9, 2008, 01:25 AM
ODI Cricketer

And after one match,he ends up with Jaya's avg(around 31).If he were to retire tomm. my prediction will come good.

I told ya guys before ..I am a certified 'soothsayer'
Old February 9, 2008, 03:41 AM
Cricket Legend

I also remember Mike(or was it Mark?) Cosgrove from Australia,played in aussies Chittagong test. Surely he was a treat to watch.

Players who are of that size are real assets to cricket,it proves,unlike many other games where athleticism(Athletics/football), physical size(American football/rugby), or speed etc rules, cricket provides opportunities for a greater range of people to succeed.If you have the skill,you can choose the body shape you want,in this game. Thats why we can see tiny Ashrafuls,Herculean Haydens, Fat Ryders and ahletic Lees all playing in the same field. Its another reason for me to be passionately blind for this game.
Old February 9, 2008, 09:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

inzammul huq was a bit of a lard arsed disaster waiting to happen but timed the ball sweeter than any pakistani of his generation. ian botham always had a problem with his belly and so did mike gatting. there are so many jokes about gatting pocketing an extra ham sandwich in his trouser pocket and munching on it on the way down from pavillian after lunch. robert key of kent, who played a handful of test matches for england was a terrific county performer. his chubby cheeks had many an admirer! in the modern game where fielding is thought to be so important, makes it a little difficult for the fat men to play cricket at a high level unless they are truly special. i am sure that a fat lara, tendulkar or richards would still have been accepted by their teammates.
Old February 9, 2008, 12:41 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat
Just watching this new guy from NZ.Looks like a new Jays to me.

Remember guys ..you heard it here first, and my name B-H-A-R-A-T.
Allright, I will remember your name for sure ! and I will hunt you down if your predictions are wrong !
Old February 9, 2008, 04:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
inzammul huq was a bit of a lard arsed disaster waiting to happen but timed the ball sweeter than any pakistani of his generation. ian botham always had a problem with his belly and so did mike gatting. there are so many jokes about gatting pocketing an extra ham sandwich in his trouser pocket and munching on it on the way down from pavillian after lunch. robert key of kent, who played a handful of test matches for england was a terrific county performer. his chubby cheeks had many an admirer! in the modern game where fielding is thought to be so important, makes it a little difficult for the fat men to play cricket at a high level unless they are truly special. i am sure that a fat lara, tendulkar or richards would still have been accepted by their teammates.
running between the wickets is an issue as well. cosgrove loses a lot of runs for his team because he's not quick enough and i'm pretty sure the selectors aren't going to give him as many chances as he could have due to that. kind of sucks for south australia though because they've got the quickest between wickets with dan christian and the slowest with cosgrove. there are times where christian can run 3 but cosgrove can only manage one.
Old February 9, 2008, 06:54 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Jamie Overton

I thought Ryder was a middle order player, not an opener.

He does look talented though.
Old February 9, 2008, 10:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

missed watching him
Old February 10, 2008, 09:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
running between the wickets is an issue as well. cosgrove loses a lot of runs for his team because he's not quick enough and i'm pretty sure the selectors aren't going to give him as many chances as he could have due to that. kind of sucks for south australia though because they've got the quickest between wickets with dan christian and the slowest with cosgrove. there are times where christian can run 3 but cosgrove can only manage one.
yes that is a major factor as the modern player turns the single into a two more often than his counterpart twenty years ago. i suppose that a big hitter like inzamam used to score so many runs in boundaries that running was often secondary?