facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #126  
Old February 28, 2008, 04:08 PM
akabir77's Avatar
akabir77 akabir77 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 23, 2004
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok
Posts: 10,764

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Looks like Mushfiq is not going away that easily. I think it's good for Dhiman if he has fight harder for a spot in the national team. I like to see Dhiman scoring couple centuries (or atleast scores in 70-80 range) in the Dhaka premier league and forcing his way into the national team.
Exactly. I want to see a player getting in because of his form not because the guy he is replacing is off form...
__________________
1. Shahadat Hossain: Mufambisi c Mashud; Chigumbura lbw; Utseya c Mashud
2.
Abdur Razzak: P Utseya caught; RW Price lbw; CB Mpofu lbw
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old February 28, 2008, 04:14 PM
roaring tigerz roaring tigerz is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 24, 2004
Location: Washington DC
Favorite Player: Shakib
Posts: 1,194

Mushfiq is the real deal. He is here to stay. Live with it!
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old February 28, 2008, 04:28 PM
Dhakablues's Avatar
Dhakablues Dhakablues is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 25, 2004
Location: EverGreen State, USA
Favorite Player: Mashrafee
Posts: 4,263

Next test is not before 7 months, Bashar/Rafique is out.. in the mean time, Siddons himself needs to figure out our "Real Real" best XI based on real performance than relying on heresays and presumptive success and personal preferences by Selectors. I hope Mushfique makes it,, if not, lets not waste time on ANY, ANY AT ALL individual who is not the best we have... We must end this controversies about players selection that this new board started all over again.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old February 28, 2008, 04:40 PM
Eshen's Avatar
Eshen Eshen is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 27, 2007
Posts: 7,854

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Aren't we asking too much from Dhiman? Couple of centuries?? He had none in NCL's 26 innings (combined First class and List A) just few months back. All of a sudden he would be scoring centuries? Is Dhiman better than Shakib as a batsman?

Is Golam Mabud a wicket keeper?

I am not saying we stick with Mushi. But not sure if Dhiman is the right choice or not. May be K Masud still has something left to give.
We are not playing any test match in next 7/8 months, so Mashud is out consideration. If we are looking for an oneday replacement for Mushfiq, it has to be Dhiman.

Dhiman has made few big knocks, including a century, when the academy toured Australia. He is a capable batsman for sure, he just needs to become more consistent.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old February 28, 2008, 04:51 PM
akabir77's Avatar
akabir77 akabir77 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 23, 2004
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok
Posts: 10,764

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
Next test is not before 7 months, Bashar/Rafique is out.. in the mean time, Siddons himself needs to figure out our "Real Real" best XI based on real performance than relying on heresays and presumptive success and personal preferences by Selectors. I hope Mushfique makes it,, if not, lets not waste time on ANY, ANY AT ALL individual who is not the best we have... We must end this controversies about players selection that this new board started all over again.
I heard him say in that interview that he will look into the local games next few months and not just for NTL but A team and so on...
__________________
1. Shahadat Hossain: Mufambisi c Mashud; Chigumbura lbw; Utseya c Mashud
2.
Abdur Razzak: P Utseya caught; RW Price lbw; CB Mpofu lbw
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old February 28, 2008, 06:00 PM
zainab zainab is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 16, 2007
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib
Posts: 4,650

Leave it to Siddons. I am sure that he will train another wicketkeeper/batsman to be in the national team, each national team must have two wicketkeepers. What happens if Mushy falls ill.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old February 29, 2008, 08:17 AM
imon imon is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 2, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: K.Peterson
Posts: 28

Mushfiq is not in good touch either in batting or keeping. How he became the number 1 choice in case of replacement of Pilot? I don,t think his home cricket performance was very good. Why didn,t selector try with some one else as a keeper? Is there not enough wicket keeper in our country? Every new comer like Tamim, Junaid , Shariar Nafees, Shahadat has done some thing excellent. So we should have gave other keeper chance at least in practice matches.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old February 29, 2008, 09:56 AM
Baundule's Avatar
Baundule Baundule is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: November 5, 2004
Favorite Player: Lara
Posts: 5,902

That way, we destroy our young cricketers and dump the better ones.
The first time Pilot was dropped (from the WC team), it was not for performance or anything about cricket, it was becauase of politics.
Habibul Bashar is destroyed with his captaincy, otherwise he used to be our best batsman by miles. He was completely enept in his captaincy and he needed a break from that job; but he was allowed to continue until he, as a player was also destroyed.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old February 29, 2008, 10:02 AM
lamisa's Avatar
lamisa lamisa is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy
Posts: 6,743

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
Leave it to Siddons. I am sure that he will train another wicketkeeper/batsman to be in the national team, each national team must have two wicketkeepers. What happens if Mushy falls ill.
spot on!
__________________
haruk ba jituk,i am always there with BDcricket!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old March 1, 2008, 02:04 PM
djnaved's Avatar
djnaved djnaved is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 25, 2007
Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib
Posts: 2,132

wow, ki jakanaka keeping, our golden dim missed two loppa catches yesterday
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old March 1, 2008, 04:47 PM
zainab zainab is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 16, 2007
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib
Posts: 4,650

Mushy performed a monumental task behind the wicket, to be there for nearly 2 days. this is no easy feat. You guys only see it one way. SA scored 570 runs, long time for a young 19 yr old to be behind the wicket. have some compassion. How many extras did he give away?

Even the most experienced older wicket keepers will miss a few after keeping wicket for nearly 2 days. Can you guess how tired he must be. Wicket keeping is the hardest job for a player. You have to be fit and alert all the time and second guess the ball the bowler will bowl.
I dont think that you fans here should bash him so much, after all, he is only a 19 yr old lad and he has done this in so many tests and ODIs.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old March 1, 2008, 04:53 PM
Pundit Pundit is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: August 17, 2002
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 3,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
That way, we destroy our young cricketers and dump the better ones.
The first time Pilot was dropped (from the WC team), it was not for performance or anything about cricket, it was becauase of politics.
Habibul Bashar is destroyed with his captaincy, otherwise he used to be our best batsman by miles. He was completely enept in his captaincy and he needed a break from that job; but he was allowed to continue until he, as a player was also destroyed.
Get a grip man - Masud was gambling all night. That's why his career suffered.

Also, Cricket ain't your Davis cup. The team needs a captain, who has to play. You cannot expect to choose a captain out side of the top 11 and have him captain the team from the balcony. And Bashar was the senior most. Note also that under his captainship, the team did relatively better.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old March 1, 2008, 04:54 PM
Pundit Pundit is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: August 17, 2002
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 3,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
Mushy performed a monumental task behind the wicket, to be there for nearly 2 days. this is no easy feat. You guys only see it one way. SA scored 570 runs, long time for a young 19 yr old to be behind the wicket. have some compassion. How many extras did he give away?

Even the most experienced older wicket keepers will miss a few after keeping wicket for nearly 2 days. Can you guess how tired he must be. Wicket keeping is the hardest job for a player. You have to be fit and alert all the time and second guess the ball the bowler will bowl.
I dont think that you fans here should bash him so much, after all, he is only a 19 yr old lad and he has done this in so many tests and ODIs.
Words from a wise man.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old March 1, 2008, 05:02 PM
Spitfire_x86's Avatar
Spitfire_x86 Spitfire_x86 is offline
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008
 
Join Date: December 17, 2004
Location: Dhaka
Posts: 7,650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
Habibul Bashar is destroyed with his captaincy, otherwise he used to be our best batsman by miles. He was completely enept in his captaincy and he needed a break from that job; but he was allowed to continue until he, as a player was also destroyed.
Bashar is finished because of his age, as he is the kind of player who relies heavily on hand-eye co-ordination. His performance didn't suffer in the first 2 years of his captaincy.
__________________
sig?
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old March 1, 2008, 05:31 PM
djnaved's Avatar
djnaved djnaved is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 25, 2007
Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib
Posts: 2,132

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
Mushy performed a monumental task behind the wicket, to be there for nearly 2 days. this is no easy feat. You guys only see it one way. SA scored 570 runs, long time for a young 19 yr old to be behind the wicket. have some compassion. How many extras did he give away?

Even the most experienced older wicket keepers will miss a few after keeping wicket for nearly 2 days. Can you guess how tired he must be. Wicket keeping is the hardest job for a player. You have to be fit and alert all the time and second guess the ball the bowler will bowl.
I dont think that you fans here should bash him so much, after all, he is only a 19 yr old lad and he has done this in so many tests and ODIs.

hmm that's what i see when mushy again missed two catches yesterday. And test cricket is a game where you have to field all day long,it's not about age. So, eishob boila luv nai.Bujlam shea 19 yrs old tana dui din keeping korse, kintu luv ki hoilo? ekto catch dhorte pare nai..o aro match chance paile, bd aro match harbo, no doubt about that
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old March 1, 2008, 06:28 PM
arafath79 arafath79 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 29, 2004
Location: Hatfield, Herts, UK
Favorite Player: MashrafeRazzakShakib(atm)
Posts: 3,482

Shalar pichi Rahim kintu Rafiquer 100 number wicket tao miss korsilo, bhaggo bhalo Junaid catch ta dhorse. Thanks to Junaid and thanks to Rafique again for his great performance in BD cricket. Rahim ra dhoira laathi diya team theke bair kora dorkar eibar jadi batting pitcha boro score na korta pare.

Rafiquer ball a catch ta jokhon miss korsilo amar tokhoni icha kortesilo M Rahim shalar dui gale duita chorom thabra dei.

Last edited by arafath79; March 1, 2008 at 06:43 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old March 1, 2008, 06:45 PM
GuruTM's Avatar
GuruTM GuruTM is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 30, 2005
Location: বলা যাবে না।
Favorite Player: আশরাফুল
Posts: 960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
Habibul Bashar is destroyed with his captaincy, otherwise he used to be our best batsman by miles. He was completely enept in his captaincy and he needed a break from that job; but he was allowed to continue until he, as a player was also destroyed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
Bashar is finished because of his age, as he is the kind of player who relies heavily on hand-eye co-ordination. His performance didn't suffer in the first 2 years of his captaincy.

Both statements are correct. They happened simultaneously.
__________________
পথিকঃ বৃক্ষ তোমার নাম কি?
বৃক্ষঃ নামে কি'ইবা হয়? ফলেই পরিচয়।
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old March 1, 2008, 06:48 PM
pocha's Avatar
pocha pocha is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 10, 2007
Posts: 653

Quote:
Originally Posted by arafath79
Shalar pichi Rahim kintu Rafiquer 100 number wicket tao miss korsilo, bhaggo bhalo Junaid catch ta dhorse. Thanks to Junaid and thanks to Rafique again for his great performance in BD cricket. Rahim ra dhoira laathi diya team theke bair kora dorkar eibar jadi batting pitcha boro score na korta pare.

Rafiquer ball a catch ta jokhon miss korsilo amar tokhoni icha kortesilo M Rahim shalar dui gale duita chorom thabra dei.
The little Rahim needs a break dearly if we want to save his confidence if any is left, I doubt. His keeping to rafiq was appaling not just in this test but he missed a few in previous test too.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old March 1, 2008, 06:59 PM
Antora's Avatar
Antora Antora is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 28, 2007
Location: melbourne, Australia
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Shakib
Posts: 8,814

Quote:
Originally Posted by arafath79
Rafiquer ball a catch ta jokhon miss korsilo amar tokhoni icha kortesilo M Rahim shalar dui gale duita chorom thabra dei.
LOL!!!! I think everyone felt that way!
He should really be rested.........
eto simple simple catch miss korey ei gadha ta
__________________
It feels better to lose in IPL, then it does to win.--- Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old March 1, 2008, 07:14 PM
KnightBD's Avatar
KnightBD KnightBD is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 10, 2007
Location: Dreamland
Favorite Player: The one and only "Mash"
Posts: 911

i am really frustated with mushi... he has been given way too many chances... i don't remeber any batting contribution from him after the game with India in WC. Siddon should look around for other options. He is too much an automatic choice now!!!
__________________
Back to the future!
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old March 1, 2008, 07:33 PM
tiger_army's Avatar
tiger_army tiger_army is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 7, 2006
Location: land down under
Favorite Player: who else?
Posts: 1,294

Quote:
Originally Posted by antora93
LOL!!!! I think everyone felt that way!
He should really be rested.........
eto simple simple catch miss korey ei gadha ta
Ahare tumi oke cal kore ektu boke dio......then nijer catch to dhorbei, even third slip er catch o dhorbe
__________________
"What a magnificent shot! No, he's out."
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old March 1, 2008, 10:20 PM
arafath79 arafath79 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 29, 2004
Location: Hatfield, Herts, UK
Favorite Player: MashrafeRazzakShakib(atm)
Posts: 3,482

M Rahim catch miss, emonki stumping chance miss korar poreo kemon jani ekta bhab kora jeno kichui hoynai. Tar modhe next time bhalo korar kono jed dekhi na. Or hab bhab dekhla mejajta kharap laage.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old March 2, 2008, 04:24 AM
djnaved's Avatar
djnaved djnaved is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 25, 2007
Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib
Posts: 2,132

so, do we need to talk about mushfiqur rahim anymore? He is providing some terrifc thukko terrible perofrmance
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old March 3, 2008, 03:19 AM
pocha's Avatar
pocha pocha is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 10, 2007
Posts: 653

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnaved
so, do we need to talk about mushfiqur rahim anymore? He is providing some terrifc thukko terrible perofrmance
Mushy the cute golden boy

Will he be in the ODI too ?
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old March 3, 2008, 04:12 AM
cricket_pagol's Avatar
cricket_pagol cricket_pagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 20, 2004
Location: Indiana
Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib
Posts: 6,011

Quote:
Originally Posted by arafath79
Shalar pichi Rahim kintu Rafiquer 100 number wicket tao miss korsilo, bhaggo bhalo Junaid catch ta dhorse. Thanks to Junaid and thanks to Rafique again for his great performance in BD cricket. Rahim ra dhoira laathi diya team theke bair kora dorkar eibar jadi batting pitcha boro score na korta pare.

Rafiquer ball a catch ta jokhon miss korsilo amar tokhoni icha kortesilo M Rahim shalar dui gale duita chorom thabra dei.
To be fair, that was an extremely difficult chance for the keeper because it was a thick edge...

I am really frustrated with the lack of runs coming from his bat... I suspected something like would happen when he was performing poorly in the NCL.
__________________
Win Or Lose - We are ALWAYS with you BANGLADESH
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket