facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old February 24, 2008, 07:07 PM
desirocker's Avatar
desirocker desirocker is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 14, 2006
Location: New Jersey
Favorite Player: Mash, Sakib, Anamul
Posts: 1,250
Default Good chance for Bangladesh. India won't be touring Pakistan for 3 ODIs.

I just found this article of cricinfo. India isn't going to Pakistan. The paki board should contact BCC rite now. It'd be great to play 3 ODIs aginst them if and only if we are free at that time.


http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/indi...ry/339613.html
Schedule too tight, says BCCI
India not to tour Pakistan for three ODIs

The Indian board has decided to reject Pakistan's proposal for a three-match one-day tour in mid-March. The Pakistan board had requested the BCCI for a series once the Australian tour was shortened but India felt their players' schedule was too tight to accommodate another tour.

"The players have had a long and strenuous tour of Australia and will return only on March 8 or 9," Niranjan Shah, the board secretary told Cricinfo. "They have to assemble for the South Africa series on March 22. So it will be really tough to play three ODIs in between."

The series had been under discussion between the two boards following the hesitancy shown by Australia in coming to Pakistan as scheduled in March-April. It was decided recently that Australia's tour - if it goes ahead - would be considerably shortened. Pakistan were then keen to utilise the free period in the first half of March.

The Pakistan board, it is learnt, were confident that the tour would go ahead and had already began preparations for the three games, all scheduled for Lahore. The decision from the BCCI - taken by the office bearers today - was conveyed to the PCB chairman, Nasim Ashraf, by his Indian counterpart, Sharad Pawar.

However, India are likely to tour Pakistan for a short one-day series before the Champions Trophy in September-October.
__________________
Life is a bizarre thing, it tests you first and teaches you afterwards.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old February 24, 2008, 08:24 PM
tanim3960's Avatar
tanim3960 tanim3960 is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 5, 2007
Location: Dallas, Texas
Favorite Player: 6+4=10 Dulkar
Posts: 487

Quote:
Originally Posted by desirocker
I just found this article of cricinfo. India isn't going to Pakistan. The paki board should contact BCC rite now. It'd be great to play 3 ODIs aginst them if and only if we are free at that time.


http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/indi...ry/339613.html
Schedule too tight, says BCCI
India not to tour Pakistan for three ODIs

The Indian board has decided to reject Pakistan's proposal for a three-match one-day tour in mid-March. The Pakistan board had requested the BCCI for a series once the Australian tour was shortened but India felt their players' schedule was too tight to accommodate another tour.

"The players have had a long and strenuous tour of Australia and will return only on March 8 or 9," Niranjan Shah, the board secretary told Cricinfo. "They have to assemble for the South Africa series on March 22. So it will be really tough to play three ODIs in between."

The series had been under discussion between the two boards following the hesitancy shown by Australia in coming to Pakistan as scheduled in March-April. It was decided recently that Australia's tour - if it goes ahead - would be considerably shortened. Pakistan were then keen to utilise the free period in the first half of March.

The Pakistan board, it is learnt, were confident that the tour would go ahead and had already began preparations for the three games, all scheduled for Lahore. The decision from the BCCI - taken by the office bearers today - was conveyed to the PCB chairman, Nasim Ashraf, by his Indian counterpart, Sharad Pawar.

However, India are likely to tour Pakistan for a short one-day series before the Champions Trophy in September-October.

what do u mean by good chance for bangladesh? be specific...........
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old February 24, 2008, 08:48 PM
nsd3 nsd3 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 30, 2004
Location: Auckland to Sydney
Posts: 2,566

I guess you are asking BCB to approach PCB to arrange a tour.
Sending an email might be helpful. Any1 has got email address of Mr. Lipu or Mr. Latf, or even Mr. Jamali?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old February 25, 2008, 12:01 AM
U-17, 1999 U-17, 1999 is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 24, 2008
Location: P R China
Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara
Posts: 101

why they will listen to us? dont you know they are deaf, dumb and blind
__________________
Can we please dont play our politics game with National Cricket??
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old February 25, 2008, 12:22 AM
desirocker's Avatar
desirocker desirocker is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 14, 2006
Location: New Jersey
Favorite Player: Mash, Sakib, Anamul
Posts: 1,250
Default sorry for not being specific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanim3960
what do u mean by good chance for bangladesh? be specific...........
Tanim 3960, pardon me for not being specific. U see India is cancelling the Pakistan tour due to their busy schedule. So this may be a chace for Bangladesh to go there play. Because of india, the triangular series that was supposed to take place in Dhaka is probably not gonna happen. So atleast we can we go pakistan and play them. In order to do that, I hope either BCB or PCB will communicate each other.

Because of India, both Bangladesh and Pakistan's series are ruined. So what i'm saying here is very simple, why not have a 3or5 ODI series... Bro just hope BCB or PCB is think the same thing we r thinking..
__________________
Life is a bizarre thing, it tests you first and teaches you afterwards.

Last edited by desirocker; February 25, 2008 at 12:27 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old February 25, 2008, 12:23 AM
sandpiper sandpiper is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: April 9, 2007
Location: USA
Favorite Player: Wasim Akram
Posts: 6,467

Pakistan have to ensure invincible security first

sobaai oikhane jaite ekhon voi pay
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old February 25, 2008, 12:25 AM
Murad's Avatar
Murad Murad is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: July 30, 2006
Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Posts: 19,725

Follow these two threads. You will see that we've discussed about your concerns.

Tri Series with Pakistan, India and Bangladesh back on !!!

Australia unlikely to tour Pakistan: potential opening for us?
__________________
~*Islam is the only way to attain peace in life, be it personal, family or political.*~
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old February 25, 2008, 01:02 AM
lamisa's Avatar
lamisa lamisa is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy
Posts: 6,743

dont we have ireland in march or something?i dont know, maybe sa wouldnt be gone till the near ends of march.
__________________
haruk ba jituk,i am always there with BDcricket!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old February 25, 2008, 01:05 AM
Murad's Avatar
Murad Murad is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: July 30, 2006
Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Posts: 19,725

yeap.. you are right

we have ireland series in mid march. 15th i guess.
__________________
~*Islam is the only way to attain peace in life, be it personal, family or political.*~
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old February 26, 2008, 08:31 PM
cricman's Avatar
cricman cricman is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 8, 2005
Location: Deleting Evidence
Favorite Player: Dubya
Posts: 9,412

PCB look Towards BCB

Ireland tour ends on the 22nd, Aus tour of Pakistan Starts the 29th or I think they arrive the 29th, something like that wouldn't mind cramming in a week of 3 ODI in Pakistan and than have a month off and get ready for the Tri Series and Asia Cup.
__________________
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old February 26, 2008, 08:42 PM
tonoy's Avatar
tonoy tonoy is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: February 25, 2007
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 7,615

sweet, this might be a good blessing after all.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old February 26, 2008, 10:10 PM
tanim3960's Avatar
tanim3960 tanim3960 is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 5, 2007
Location: Dallas, Texas
Favorite Player: 6+4=10 Dulkar
Posts: 487

Quote:
Originally Posted by desirocker
Tanim 3960, pardon me for not being specific. U see India is cancelling the Pakistan tour due to their busy schedule. So this may be a chace for Bangladesh to go there play. Because of india, the triangular series that was supposed to take place in Dhaka is probably not gonna happen. So atleast we can we go pakistan and play them. In order to do that, I hope either BCB or PCB will communicate each other.

Because of India, both Bangladesh and Pakistan's series are ruined. So what i'm saying here is very simple, why not have a 3or5 ODI series... Bro just hope BCB or PCB is think the same thing we r thinking..
surely that would be a great idea. i hope bcb act immidiately ........
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old February 27, 2008, 08:23 AM
CHABAN CHABAN is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 19, 2007
Posts: 181

Update

Bangladesh set for PCB invite
2 hours ago

The Pakistan Cricket Board are hoping to invite Bangladesh to the country for a short one-day series next month after India turned down a similar offer.

The PCB are looking to fill the void left in their calendar after Cricket Australia delayed their team's tour to Pakistan for security reasons, and the PCB's chief operating officer Shafqat Naghmi is now set to approach the Bangladesh Cricket Board with the offer of a one-day series next month.

Naghmi told the News: "The problem is that almost all the Test-playing nations are already too busy at the moment. But there is a possibility that Bangladesh could be available. We can explore that option."

Bangladesh are currently hosting South Africa in a two-match Test series followed by three one-day internationals, with the last ODI scheduled for March 14.
__________________
Cricket Motto: Stop panicking, panic is a sign of low confidence
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old February 27, 2008, 10:36 AM
lamisa's Avatar
lamisa lamisa is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy
Posts: 6,743

bhalo bhalo,kheluk beshi koirra.age complain korto j beshi khelte pare na,ekhon tripti mitay kheluk.
__________________
haruk ba jituk,i am always there with BDcricket!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old February 27, 2008, 10:59 AM
akabir77's Avatar
akabir77 akabir77 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 23, 2004
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok
Posts: 10,768

all right finally we might win a test. are we going to play test or just ODI?
__________________
1. Shahadat Hossain: Mufambisi c Mashud; Chigumbura lbw; Utseya c Mashud
2.
Abdur Razzak: P Utseya caught; RW Price lbw; CB Mpofu lbw
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old February 27, 2008, 11:56 AM
Rabz's Avatar
Rabz Rabz is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative
 
Join Date: February 28, 2005
Location: Here
Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket
Posts: 20,480

Good news for us.
Pakistan is a vulnerable opponent.
__________________
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old February 27, 2008, 12:08 PM
jisaan's Avatar
jisaan jisaan is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 14, 2004
Location: Nijhum Dwip
Favorite Player: Nasir/Taskin/Anamul/Sohag
Posts: 4,743

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
all right finally we might win a test. are we going to play test or just ODI?
only ODIs! thatz what we should be looking for!
__________________
Bangladesh's Win (agt any team) = 100% Joy
India's Loss (agt any team) = 100% Joy
So, only opportunity for me to double my joy is when Bangladesh BEATs India!!!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old February 27, 2008, 12:18 PM
jisaan's Avatar
jisaan jisaan is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 14, 2004
Location: Nijhum Dwip
Favorite Player: Nasir/Taskin/Anamul/Sohag
Posts: 4,743

this should be a good outing for us!
__________________
Bangladesh's Win (agt any team) = 100% Joy
India's Loss (agt any team) = 100% Joy
So, only opportunity for me to double my joy is when Bangladesh BEATs India!!!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old February 27, 2008, 12:19 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 15,762

Don't under estimate the strength of the young guns of the PAK team. They may not mastered how to play against the best, but they already mastered how to demolish team like ZIM. Historically new guns does very well against Bangladesh.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old February 27, 2008, 12:19 PM
desirocker's Avatar
desirocker desirocker is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 14, 2006
Location: New Jersey
Favorite Player: Mash, Sakib, Anamul
Posts: 1,250

WOW, Guyz, I had a feeling like this. Hell ya, we gonna go and beat paistan. BUT make sure Habhla mamu don't get a chance... Shalare gururs fresh dudh khauate hobe and ad deyate hobe tv te.
__________________
Life is a bizarre thing, it tests you first and teaches you afterwards.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket