facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 25, 2008, 03:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim
Default Should Ashraful be dropped?

Before you guys start screaming at me, I realize that he is our most talented batsmen. But the problem I have with him is that he always makes the same mistake. He tries to play too many shots. While players like Aftab have tried to change, I am afraid that Ashraful has stayed pretty much the same. I think we need to drop him for the 2nd Test to send him a message that if he does not learn, he will not play. He should not get any special treatment. Maybe, if he gets dropped, he will realize that he needs to start listening to Coach Siddons.

Old February 25, 2008, 03:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Nooo........ Stop these negative propaganda. Drop kore kore to 7 bosor gelo. Lav ki holo bhai?
Old February 25, 2008, 03:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Drop from where?

From one feet... from two feet? From 10 feet?
Old February 25, 2008, 03:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

uff let fix the the broken stuff first? at least he made 35 and 24. what did some others made?
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old February 25, 2008, 03:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Yawn
Old February 25, 2008, 04:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

What rubbish?? He is the best batsman we ever produced.
Old February 25, 2008, 04:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Normal or caesarian ?
Old February 25, 2008, 04:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocha
What rubbish?? He is the best batsman we ever produced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
ffice:smarttags" />Normal or caesarian ?
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old February 25, 2008, 04:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro1249
Before you guys start screaming at me, I realize that he is our most talented batsmen. But the problem I have with him is that he always makes the same mistake. He tries to play too many shots. While players like Aftab have tried to change, I am afraid that Ashraful has stayed pretty much the same. I think we need to drop him for the 2nd Test to send him a message that if he does not learn, he will not play. He should not get any special treatment. Maybe, if he gets dropped, he will realize that he needs to start listening to Coach Siddons.
bro, i wrote same thing about him 3 months ago, no body listened to me.. now it's time to heads up... we lost the test match because of ashraful.. he got lack of responsibilty.

1st inning: two fours at a row, then again looking for 6 or 4... then got out... after that showing a happy smile

2nd innings: 1st ball,tried to cover drive, swing and miss,2nd ball, again tried to cover drive, swing and miss. Ntini now knew what to do. he ball with an angle side,again tried to repeat the shot, and finally get caught to mark boucher

This is Mohammad Ashraful. The best batsman of bd.
Old February 25, 2008, 04:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Normal or caesarian ?
Had to be the latter...he is far too talented for anything normal.
Old February 25, 2008, 04:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Do you realize that he is the captain. How can you drop the captain? Who will take his place? Are you daydreaming or something. He is the best batsman Bangladesh produced and he has won a few matches against better teams for Bangladesh. He is still new at being captain and he does not have a bunch of talented players like other captains. He along with this young team will have to bear the growing pains of playing better cricket with the help of Siddons and BDCB. The average age of this team(minus Rafique and Bashar) is around 22 yrs, What do you expect? A miracle overnight.

Fans here have too high expectations of this team. Siddons, at least has the insight to see the team for what it really is and try to improve their performance which cannot happen overnight. Bangladesh is still new at Test cricket, they do not play many matches, coupled with a bunch of young inexperienced players who lack confidence.
i feel sorry for them, to me it looks like an uphill battle all the time for these poor lads.

I am not defending him, he is a reckless batsman, loses his brains many times and when he comes to the crease, one never knows what to expect. To me, he is an enigma, cannot figure him out, only he can sort himself out, but I do agree that he is not leading by example, so how can he tell the guys to improve on their batting, when he himself does not do it.

Last edited by zainab; February 25, 2008 at 04:40 PM..
Old February 25, 2008, 04:39 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any consistent performer

No way. He brings a lot of entertainment! And we all will miss his bowling caricatures including foolish but brave stokes if he is dropped!
He is too active in cricket to be dropped now. Bashar and Mashrafi should
be dropped. I feel they are somewhat withdrawn.
Old February 25, 2008, 04:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

not the dumbest idea ever proposed, he's a veteran at the international level but he performs like an amateur. he probably shouldn't be dropped atm, but he might have to watch out because if players like junaid, tamim stay consistent and players like shakib who are starting to be reasonably consistent stay consistent then if ashraful doesn't up his game the selectors might have to drop him. ashraful is lucky atm, he's not performing much better than the others but because no one has really been performing any better than him (other than junaid and tamim recently) he's been safe (not to mention he's captain so won't be dropped anyway). but if players start outperforming him then i'd expect his position in the team to be under threat.
Old February 25, 2008, 04:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

No more KNEE jerk threads please
Old February 25, 2008, 05:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Bangladesh cricket wil not be the same without him, and one example is that I will cease to be a member of this forum and to be such a huge supporter of the team.
Come on, this little guy has dedicated most of his young life to cricket, he even admitted that he loved the game so much that he became a netboy to watch the seniors play cricket, and he dreamed about playing for the national team.
No one can take away the magic of seeing a 17 yr old who looked like a cheeky 12 yr old scoring a maiden test century against Sri Lanka. In fact many people remarked that Bangladesh was so short of cricketers that they sent a child to play Test cricket, and what a cute magical child.
No one can take away this from Ashraful, that is the reason that despite his failures, he still has world recognition, and is the most popular BD cricketer even among West Indians. We talk and if asked which player comes to mind, it is always Ashraful.
Old February 25, 2008, 05:14 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahadat

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
Bangladesh cricket wil not be the same without him, and one example is that I will cease to be a member of this forum and to be such a huge supporter of the team.
Come on, this little guy has dedicated most of his young life to cricket, he even admitted that he loved the game so much that he became a netboy to watch the seniors play cricket, and he dreamed about playing for the national team.
No one can take away the magic of seeing a 17 yr old who looked like a cheeky 12 yr old scoring a maiden test century against Sri Lanka. In fact many people remarked that Bangladesh was so short of cricketers that they sent a child to play Test cricket, and what a cute magical child.
No one can take away this from Ashraful, that is the reason that despite his failures, he still has world recognition, and is the most popular BD cricketer even among West Indians. We talk and if asked which player comes to mind, it is always Ashraful.
I totaly agree on that he has been one of the best stars of bangladesh cricket history scoring the most centuries for the country. people might say he is in the same position as bashar, but no! without him the team is nothing. when he is there the team is really fired up and rearing to give a fight to thier best of ability because he is like an inspiration to the youngsters, he should not be dropped as the captain or from the team, he is an attacking batsman and come on he half the age of bashar and hes got more hundreds than him, give him a break guys. he should NOT be dropped!

... a true LEADER!
Old February 25, 2008, 05:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripon
give him a break guys. he should NOT be dropped!
Now I am confused. Break or not to break him?

If we want to breakm why not drop? That will break him.

Or you want to apply a hammer instead?
Old February 25, 2008, 05:26 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Now I am confused. Break or not to break him?

If we want to breakm why not drop? That will break him.

Or you want to apply a hammer instead?
no no not break as in 'kill' but:::

and not to drop him as in from sky, but from squad busta parchen? ok<
Old February 25, 2008, 05:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
no no not break as in 'kill' but:::

and not to drop him as in from sky, but from squad busta parchen? ok<
So you want to give Ash a break (from the team) and hand over a candy (kitkat) to lick instead ? So how its so different than what ro1249 is saying?
Old February 25, 2008, 05:34 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
So you want to give Ash a break (from the team) and hand over a candy (kitkat) to lick instead ? So how its so different than what ro1249 is saying?
no no baisab not saying he should take a rest and go away, but rather than screaming at his head lets all just give him a nice kitkat (comfort, gratitude) to enjoy rather than being hassled by people like us over here in the internet saying to drop him < NO! KEEP him forever! hes doing a fine job - give him a break~~~
Old February 25, 2008, 05:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
no no baisab not saying he should take a rest and go away, but rather than screaming at his head lets all just give him a nice kitkat (comfort, gratitude) to enjoy rather than being hassled by people like us over here in the internet saying to drop him < NO! KEEP him forever! hes doing a fine job - give him a break~~~
thats comprehensive!

Ash might like Twix better.
Old February 25, 2008, 05:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TI/Dwayne Bravo/Afridi

here we go again, another utterly stupid thread.
yeah i suppose we're over flowing with all the great batsmen that we need to make way for them by dropping ash

Mrs Mahmudullah Riyad
Old February 25, 2008, 05:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
NO! KEEP him forever! hes doing a fine job - give him a break~~~
Again BREAK? I was baout to have a heart attack!

He is too pracious, you need to handle with care. don't even say the word 'Break' in the same sentence, he may really break. and threfore break so many fan's heart.
Old February 25, 2008, 05:45 PM
Cricket Sage

n who do u suppose will be the captain???..oh i get itt..this must be the other plan to keep bashar on the team...we'll drop ashraful..n that way bashar can be the captain...so he has to be on the team...
Old February 25, 2008, 05:48 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Again BREAK? I was baout to have a heart attack!

He is too pracious, you need to handle with care. don't even say the word 'Break' in the same sentence, he may really break. and threfore break so many fan's heart.
what is wrong with the word 'break' it wont necessarily make him 'break' would it, 'break' can mean many things, give him a 'break' (give him a salute) or some might say 'break' him (kill him)< i am not refering to this it is the other 'break' lets all give him a break (appreciate). acha.,