facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old Yesterday, 08:29 AM
MohammedShamim MohammedShamim is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 9, 2013
Posts: 2,151
Default Does batting first guarantee a win: Under the new rule changes?

have been closely following the Pak-SL ODI and T20 Series and all the series we played and others.. found that most team that bat first tend to win? any idea why that is? is it only in Asia that batting first gives you higher chances of winning compared to other countries? i don't have the exact stats. However, since the new rules, teams that have decided to bat first in shorter formats have rarely go on to lose.. is that a sign.. win the toss and decide to bat? irrespective of what you think the wicket conditions are in sub-continent? guys please share your opinions especially on the new rules changes, and how is it most teams in shorter formats win when they decide to bat first?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Yesterday, 08:34 AM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Tyrion, Varyse, P.Baelish
Posts: 2,212

This is the ODIs.. batting 2nd wins more.

Team batting 1st won 5/11 matches
-- 3 by India,1 by Pak, 1 by SL

Team batting 2nd won 6/11 matches
-- 2 by BAN & PAK, 1 BY SA& SL

VISIT the thread ODI NEW RULES. ..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Yesterday, 08:37 AM
MohammedShamim MohammedShamim is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 9, 2013
Posts: 2,151

@ Aklemalp, the stats above is that after the new rules have been introduced?

And do you have the stats for T20I?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Yesterday, 08:39 AM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Tyrion, Varyse, P.Baelish
Posts: 2,212

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedShamim
@ Aklemalp, the stats above is that after the new rules have been introduced?
Yes, effective July 10, 2015. These are for ODIs only.I haven't been following T20Is.
__________________
"I was alive when Mustafiz took 11 wickets in 2 matches." - roman
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Yesterday, 08:59 AM
meazz1's Avatar
meazz1 meazz1 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 15, 2007
Location: GA, USA
Posts: 1,327

I think nothing guarantees win if the batters have brain farts and fielding sucks for the same team!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Yesterday, 09:30 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team
Posts: 18,991

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedShamim
@ Aklemalp, the stats above is that after the new rules have been introduced?

And do you have the stats for T20I?
Means you came to certain conclusion & opened a thread, without any stat or research !!
__________________
[Post CWC15 Consistency Record: Test: W-0 L-1 D-3 // ODI: W-7 L-2 // T20: W-1 L-2]

Series: Pak, Ind, SA ..... (Won All Three ODI Series) Updated: 25Jul2015
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Yesterday, 10:02 AM
MohammedShamim MohammedShamim is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 9, 2013
Posts: 2,151

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Means you came to certain conclusion & opened a thread, without any stat or research !!
Actually based on the stats provided, i didnt know it was that close. I was following the SL-PK series mostly, teams batting first always looked like most probable team to win. sometimes stats are misleading. The current match SL-PK T20I seems quite interesting, if SL win, it would be 2 out of 2 for teams batting first and winning. Too be honest, I have not looked into stats, rather looked into how it seems batting is much easier batting first under the new rule.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Yesterday, 10:11 AM
al-Sagar's Avatar
al-Sagar al-Sagar is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: December 23, 2007
Location: The Quiet Place
Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose
Posts: 25,189

so from now on, win the toss, close your eyes and bat first ....
__________________
The OffStump
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Yesterday, 10:13 AM
MohammedShamim MohammedShamim is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 9, 2013
Posts: 2,151

Quote:
Originally Posted by al-Sagar
so from now on, win the toss, close your eyes and bat first ....
Thats the spirit i was looking for but in T20, batting first seems the winning formula.

Lets see if SL can beat Pakistan today to make it 2 out of 2.. they chose to bat first.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Yesterday, 10:15 AM
MohammedShamim MohammedShamim is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 9, 2013
Posts: 2,151

Can it be that, because bowlers are given more safety with the introduction of new rules, batters find it very hard to score more runs batting second. Where batting first, batters don't have much pressure, can tick along nicely and during the last 10-15 overs they can go all out and set a very good score? or is it because of the scoring pressure, nothing to do with the rules?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old Yesterday, 10:18 AM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Location: Bangkok
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 8,820

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Means you came to certain conclusion & opened a thread, without any stat or research !!
Lol. I was wondering the same thing.
__________________
Get well Bruce
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old Yesterday, 12:03 PM
MohammedShamim MohammedShamim is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 9, 2013
Posts: 2,151

How did pakistan chase that score wow. That is unbelievable.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old Yesterday, 12:37 PM
Saifulsohel Saifulsohel is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 21, 2011
Location: Dhaka,Bd
Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul
Posts: 1,396

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Means you came to certain conclusion & opened a thread, without any stat or research !!
looks like, moderators are so nuch liberal now a days.
__________________
A cricket-lover engineer
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old Yesterday, 12:53 PM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Location: Bangkok
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 8,820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saifulsohel
looks like, moderators are so nuch liberal now a days.
Whats your point?
__________________
Get well Bruce
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket