facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old Yesterday, 02:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
We seem to talk more about this guy than some of the current players o.O :/
Prothom prem re bhai. You have to bujhte hobe
Old Yesterday, 02:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Prothom prem re bhai. You have to bujhte hobe
accha apnar jibone prem kotobar eshechilo?
Old Yesterday, 02:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
accha apnar jibone prem kotobar eshechilo?
Oi je ek ta gaan achey na...Prem ek bar eshey chilo nirobe..Tarpor nirobei...ahem..
Old Yesterday, 03:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

lol @ "truthful boyan."

More like jail-time threat confession. There is a difference. He didn't volunteer ANY info. He didn't rat out anyone. He didn't initiate any contact with ACSU. Only when he saw the cards on the deck which was stacked against him... no where to run or hide... straight to penitentiary... confession came with tears. Croc tears I might add.

In states, when a crime is committed more than twice we call it "Habitual." No guarantee on the person will not do it again. Verbal assurance has no weight and is ignored in court of law. Be it drug abuse, fraud, domestic violence. That is why he/she can not hold the post as before even after doing the time. Selling your team is out of the chart. Forgiveness thing is individual. Reinstatement is not on the table for discussion. The threat of repeating the offense would still be there.

Respect is earned. Selling your team and teammates will ruin it FOREVER. Whatever respect I had for him was all gone.
Old Yesterday, 03:27 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sabbir, Soumya, Taskin

Old Yesterday, 03:49 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

I still dont understand why a man who averages less than 23 at a terrible SR is even relevant.

Seriously, why?? Why??? Why??

Answer this basic point before even COMPREHENDING his return. Why should he come back with such atrocious figures
Old Yesterday, 03:53 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
lol @ "truthful boyan."

More like jail-time threat confession. There is a difference. He didn't volunteer ANY info. He didn't rat out anyone. He didn't initiate any contact with ACSU. Only when he saw the cards on the deck which was stacked against him... no where to run or hide... straight to penitentiary... confession came with tears. Croc tears I might add.

In states, when a crime is committed more than twice we call it "Habitual." No guarantee on the person will not do it again. Verbal assurance has no weight and is ignored in court of law. Be it drug abuse, fraud, domestic violence. That is why he/she can not hold the post as before even after doing the time. Selling your team is out of the chart. Forgiveness thing is individual. Reinstatement is not on the table for discussion. The threat of repeating the offense would still be there.

Respect is earned. Selling your team and teammates will ruin it FOREVER. Whatever respect I had for him was all gone.
The way people talk about him reminds me of Cersei's walk of shame in GoT.

"Shame! Shame! Shame!"

*ding ding*

If he does that I'll walk him on the pitch myself
Old Yesterday, 03:54 PM
Cricket Legend

I get a headache trying to make sense of cricbook's posts
Old Yesterday, 04:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
I get a headache trying to make sense of cricbook's posts
I owe you a advil or Tylenol. ...whichever you take. ..question ....did u understood other people post without getting a headache? Or its only me ...came with a ash pain?
Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Nooo..all those fun posts got deleted. Mod bhai ra boddo beroshik
Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C
The way people talk about him reminds me of Cersei's walk of shame in GoT.

"Shame! Shame! Shame!"

*ding ding*

If he does that I'll walk him on the pitch myself

Lol and just as you start feeling sorry for her she goes inside and turns into the neurotic she is. Or in his case, an avg player.
Old Yesterday, 10:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
lol @ "truthful boyan."

TE I'm sure you are old enough to know the genetics of Match fixing in our sports. It's like ডাল-ভাত। it's not something he did it with a bookie, it's the owners of the team involved. I'm not saying he did right, but trying to over react doesn't solve the problem. This was & probably still is for the top teams of our domestic sports to cash out on a few matches after they confirm the next round of the tournament/league or to save a team facing relegation etc etc, news papers always had such headlines and everyone knew what's happening, but there was never even any investigation... That's the reason the Dhaka owners did it as an usual practice and I won't be surprised if some other teams also did in BPL. The owners should have been punished heavily. Even a seasoned cricketer, coach & a foreigner like pont couldn't risk his career turning down the offers out rightly and firmly opposing them, I understand his sting and all those stories. Ashraful is a Bangladeshi and he had to live here & you know what it means living with a panga against the powerful. Yet I would prefer him to oppose and stand up against it, but I do understand the level of pressure and the indecisiveness that works in those moments. Finally he did come up with all.

See in similar cases in IPL the players have rather been acquitted & the owners punished. If CSK fixed matches you think they could do it without Dhoni? If the owner didn't pressurize probably he wouldn't do it, that's the benefit of doubt. Repeated offenders of Pakistan and almost every team has been welcomed after serving their term, even I'm sure you were supporting comeback of Amer of Pakistan, as I haven't seen you that vocal against him, none is, so I guess. Sreeshant declared that he'll come back and none seems to bother about it ..but while it comes to Ashraful, looks like it's time to come with some vengeance which has hardly any relation to this issue, or legal issue, but looks very very personal matter of preferences for some unknown personal reasons.

None says that he should walk into the team, he has to come through the process like any other player and with exceptional performance. I personally think he won't ever make it to the national team after so much of break. So his return is more theoretical than a practical possibility.

And you are wrong, there was no evidence against him and he wasn't forced to admit anything like all others. If he denied, he would still be free, there was no way to prove anything, just like the entire epidemic of domestic fixing habits, keep living. If anything forced him to accept it, it's his conscious and he risked his career reputation everything, to respond to his conscious. If there was any evidence, more people would be punished, the owners got away because they didn't admit till today despite whatever Ash said.. He definitely had to take names to describe how he got involved in those, but when the other party denies then one Ash's statement isn't enough to punish anyone in the court of law.. Needed more evidence, so none else got punished. Now don't put that blame on Ash too. Just like blaming him for every loss Bangladesh suffered during his time and now ironically denying all the glories he gave us, conveniently .. It's our nation who are ever convenient in taking side, always with the strong/oppressor, never with the weak/oppressed. thats nothing new in our beloved Bangkadesh, seen it all ...

We respect/worship grand thieves in power & vilify, lynch, kill some starving poor for stealing a loaf of bread. This is our country at large. I Don't expect a change .. Neither I can make a change, nor I'm trying. this fixing thing is a closed chapter, it's dealt by law, so that doesn't matter anymore. If you want to keep such scams away from cricket, raise your voice against the main perpetrators, the owners, the corrupt administrators of BCB, NSCB .. If the environment is good, none will be tempted, vilifying one Ashraful you will satisfy your ego/hatred for him, but that won't solve the problem of domestic fixing at large.

To me, not paying the players as per commitment in BPL is a more dangerous offense against our cricket & National image, than what one Ashraful did. legally he's as clean as any other player after he completes his sentence. So he's legally up for selection. One may want or not want him in the team, based on his performance, but that issue of fixing doesn't matter, while it doesn't matter for others. But I can see people taking unnecessary cover of this issue to deny his contribution for our cricket ... Extremism exists !! LoL

Series: Pak, Ind, SA ..... (Won All Three ODI Series) Updated: 25Jul2015
Old Yesterday, 10:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Ashraful er babu hole Ashraful er babu fan and follow thread mone hoy khola hoye jabe..

Ashraful amader kase hasina khaleda r moton. Kisu hoilei shuru kori tader niya meaningless pechal.

Bechara ta biao thik moton aram kore korte parbe na. Fazal mamu r moton dushtu kisu lok khali otit tanbe aar cric bhai der moton hardcore Ash fan ra Fazal bhai er dushtami te oil eggplant burn hobe..maj khaan diya ajaira amar ei post er moton kisu post ashbe ei thread e

LoL .. বিয়ে করলে আরাম এমনিতেই হারাম, ভাই

Series: Pak, Ind, SA ..... (Won All Three ODI Series) Updated: 25Jul2015
Old Today, 02:02 AM
ODI Cricketer

I think calling Ash a national traitor is bit far fetched when our so called politician leaders are robbing us in broad day light. Again, his act was criminal but he got his punishment. Now it would be miraculous for him to make it back to the team.

there are minor and major offenses. And they have their punishments based on that. Ash served his time.

there are many instances where people make decisions based on ignorance which they later realize that they shouldn't have been made.