facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 2, 2011, 02:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

No Ashraful please. We need to change the top order with players like Naeem, Jahurul, Junaied --- they can play defensive ( Maatha nichu kore ketabi dhonge bat kora ).
Old November 3, 2011, 03:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: A few

Now in the next series Ashraful will save us from the depths of hell with his infinite wisdom and unparalleled skill.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old November 3, 2011, 03:51 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

die thread die!
Old November 4, 2011, 10:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

why do some of u want anamul to play so early? just because we are having tough times in the national team? how about this : by allowing him to play now we might be in a better postion, he may score runs, bla bla bla. but if we let him play for the academy for another year or so, we can nurture his skills and talent better and he will play even better in future. so, should we compromise with a better future for the sake of a safe present?
Old November 4, 2011, 10:54 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
die thread die!
Why shiyal why?
Old November 4, 2011, 11:16 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Why shiyal why?
we need to lay low with ash for a while...let this guy play in the domestic cricket for a year and get his dysfunctional head straight..

NO plz nobody bump this thread if ash scores a 50..let him play..let him be consistent..
Old November 4, 2011, 11:18 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
why do some of u want anamul to play so early? just because we are having tough times in the national team? how about this : by allowing him to play now we might be in a better postion, he may score runs, bla bla bla. but if we let him play for the academy for another year or so, we can nurture his skills and talent better and he will play even better in future. so, should we compromise with a better future for the sake of a safe present?
thats what i tried to say...int cricket is not an ideal place for a youngster to grow...not everybody is SRT...8/10 guys will fail
Old November 8, 2011, 10:30 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I was listening to ABC radio news and some selector or former cricketer( sorry as I didn't pay attention) said we might consider Ash for the Test vs Pak , see if he fits in.

Ash will get chances as we have players like Imrul,Rock to replace,and Junaid / Jahu /Hom not looking good.
Old November 8, 2011, 11:01 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Mominul should get chance instead of Ashraful.
Old November 8, 2011, 03:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
I was listening to ABC radio news and some selector or former cricketer( sorry as I didn't pay attention) said we might consider Ash for the Test vs Pak , see if he fits in.
Hard hitting Ash Ajmal-ke elo melo kore dibe.
Old November 8, 2011, 04:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
Because his consistency at every level (U19 --> Academy --> NCL) proves that he is best equipped for success now. Notice I said best equipped. Success is not guaranteed, but the highest chance of success is with a guy like Anamul. And I am always in favor of blooding in talented youngsters in the less strenuous series (v the likes of ZIM, NZ, WI, SL). PAK might be half decent side right now. I really don't think its wise to debut players against IND, AUS, SA, ENG.

Back to Anamul, he's been consistent for as long as he's been on the scene. That is now 2-3 years since his under 19 debut. Asif Ahmed has been tearing it up in the NCL this season, but he's also struggled all of last year and had poor outings in Academy matches. He might need another season to cook a little longer.

If Anamul plays one more season for the academy, he might play what? Four innings of 4-dayers against SA and 3 one-dayers? Thats not much. If the Academy played regular cricket, you might have had a point. But we don't. Plus, Anamul is not going to develop any more at any of those levels because he's already been killing it for a few seasons now.

Unlike Jahirul and Hom who were one-season wonders, Anamul seems to be ready.

Btw, its too early for Mominul who is, atm, a one-hit wonder. HIs average coming into this game v WI A was only 25. He needs more exposure.

Unless of course we want to see Sir Ash continue to bat in the middle order, cuz based on current form, he's not likely to produce any less than Junedge, Kaedge, Hom-eward bound, and Rocky Road.
Old November 8, 2011, 05:26 PM
ODI Cricketer

Wasn't Tamim younger than Anamul when he made it to the national team, Shakib must have been around the same age and I think Mushy was younger. Anamul has been consistent and I am confident that he will be like the players mentioned above rather than Siddique, Rokibul etc. His U19 and academy stats are similar to the ones of Tamim, Shakib and Mushy. Ideally he should have been in the squad of the A team's tour of the WI. Look at how well Mominul is doing in the A team, in my opinion Anamul is just as good if not better
Old November 8, 2011, 07:31 PM
Cricket Sage

^^ yes, Anam and Asif are almost 19 years old. Tamim, Mushy, Masri, Shahadat, Rubel, Shakib, Nasir, were all same age or younger when they debuted. Rock was actually 20 when he debuted, so waiting longer doesn't necessarily make a positive difference.
Old November 8, 2011, 07:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali007
Mominul should get chance instead of Ashraful.
I like him a lot, but i want to see more innings from him first.

Anamul gets the nod for me right now though.(i wish he was in West Indies right now)
Asif i think needs a couple more innings plus A tours, then he should be all set.
Old November 8, 2011, 07:57 PM
ODI Cricketer

Also I would add that recently from every new batch of U19 cricketers there have been 2/3 that have integrated well in the National side. Mushy, Shakib and Tamim were from one batch, and then Rubel, Nasir and maybe Suhrawadi Shuvo. Using this correlation I would say from this current batch Anamul and Mominul are the top performers and I would expect atleast these two to make into the National team, and hopefully with them a couple of the others.
Old November 8, 2011, 08:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Because his consistency at every level (U19 --> Academy --> NCL) proves that he is best equipped for success now. Notice I said best equipped. Success is not guaranteed, but the highest chance of success is with a guy like Anamul. And I am always in favor of blooding in talented youngsters in the less strenuous series (v the likes of ZIM, NZ, WI, SL). PAK might be half decent side right now. I really don't think its wise to debut players against IND, AUS, SA, ENG.

Back to Anamul, he's been consistent for as long as he's been on the scene. That is now 2-3 years since his under 19 debut. Asif Ahmed has been tearing it up in the NCL this season, but he's also struggled all of last year and had poor outings in Academy matches. He might need another season to cook a little longer.

If Anamul plays one more season for the academy, he might play what? Four innings of 4-dayers against SA and 3 one-dayers? Thats not much. If the Academy played regular cricket, you might have had a point. But we don't. Plus, Anamul is not going to develop any more at any of those levels because he's already been killing it for a few seasons now.

Unlike Jahirul and Hom who were one-season wonders, Anamul seems to be ready.

Btw, its too early for Mominul who is, atm, a one-hit wonder. HIs average coming into this game v WI A was only 25. He needs more exposure.

Unless of course we want to see Sir Ash continue to bat in the middle order, cuz based on current form, he's not likely to produce any less than Junedge, Kaedge, Hom-eward bound, and Rocky Road.
Actually Mominul is a very consistent performer. Check his DPL and Academy stats and you'll see what I mean. In the SA Academy tour in SA, Mominul was the best batsman. For some reason, he has been overlooked by the likes of Anamul, Shabbir, and Asif. Mominul to me looks like a very impressive prospect.

And I would wait for Anamul to play some A team matches before he can be tried in the national team. I know he's a very exciting talent but it's better that he plays some games with the A team and get him in when he's confident against the big boys. Shuvagata was dominating in Academy team matches but then now look how much he's struggling against even the A team bowlers in BD, and WI A. That's why it's always good to see how players do on A team tours. There's a reason why guys like Jahurul, Junaid, and Rocky are currently struggling. Their A team stats are not very good. I would have Anamul in the A team against England in December and see how he does. If he does well then we can play him in the Asia Cup in March.
Old November 8, 2011, 11:58 PM
Cricket Sage

I'm not sure if Anamul/Asif is on the selectors' radar. Him being overlooked for this A team is a prime evidence that they are wanting to keep Academy and A teams the same for the year that have selected squads for. That is a sign of cricketing maturity in our oft-maligned "infrastructure".

The thing with Anamul is that his List A average is terrible. He seems to be a player who has an excellent grasp of the longer version.

I'm not ruling out Mominul...I just think its too early to rate him, and that I'd rate Anam and Asif over him, at the moment. His 150 only speaks of pure ability. But all our players, barring exceptions, and right down to Ash and Alok have ability. Reproducible success is what we need.
Old November 9, 2011, 08:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
I'm not sure if Anamul/Asif is on the selectors' radar. Him being overlooked for this A team is a prime evidence that they are wanting to keep Academy and A teams the same for the year that have selected squads for. That is a sign of cricketing maturity in our oft-maligned "infrastructure".

The thing with Anamul is that his List A average is terrible. He seems to be a player who has an excellent grasp of the longer version.

I'm not ruling out Mominul...I just think its too early to rate him, and that I'd rate Anam and Asif over him, at the moment. His 150 only speaks of pure ability. But all our players, barring exceptions, and right down to Ash and Alok have ability. Reproducible success is what we need.
I would rate Anamul the highest of all 3. He's got a whole lot of potential and looks to be a smart player. I rate Mominul higher then Asif Ahmed though. We'll see with due time but for now that's my rankings.
Old November 15, 2011, 09:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Ashraful transforms

source: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...t=38850&page=3
Old November 16, 2011, 07:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Shakib

Lol. This thread is a perfect example of why Ashraful still gets selected in the national team. We're all so obsessed with him :|
Old November 16, 2011, 07:26 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

we need jack the ripper to send this thread to hospital for couple of months
Old November 16, 2011, 02:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Arrested Ashraful in 10 day remind.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=210444

...thukku... wrong Ashraful and wrong thread.
Old November 16, 2011, 11:03 PM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Arrested Ashraful in 10 day remind.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=210444

...thukku... wrong Ashraful and wrong thread.
I know you'll love this one: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...t=38850&page=3
Old November 16, 2011, 11:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

BAHAHAHAHA!! Couldn't resist myself posting it here

Old November 17, 2011, 10:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

daatgula ki doya kore bhitore dhukano jay na?