facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 27, 2012, 10:22 AM
Cricket Sage

Two years back I suggested that Ash should retire from Test and ODI and concentrate on soley T20. Some fans negatively reacted to my comments as if I have done a cardinal sin and termed me as Ashraful hater instead of realizing I am a Bangladesh cricket lover 1st and foremost.

I still stick with my initial comment, and I still think it was the best advice anybody could give it to Ashraful. i.e. Concentrate soley on T20 (which is best suited for him) and dominate there and that will have the best chance to bring him money and fame and eventually confidence.

Only then he should consider un-retiring from ODI like his (should be) model Afridi.

TEST? he should stay out of it for a while.... that switching gear between T20, ODo and TEST is too much for him right now....the game plan should be simpler for him for now.... get success and confidence to the format that is most suitable to his style... only then try other format later.

And yes he should equally concentrate on his bowling... that will give him some wiggle room to justify his inclusion even when he doesn't perform with that bat.
Old February 28, 2012, 08:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

How about a round of applause for Ash's batting performance in today's match? He did a great job not trying to match Azhar Mahmood and instead just rotated the strike and let Mahmood fire. Once Mahmood was out, Ash did a good job hitting out at the end and played a solid innings. He really needs to stop the fancy shots and just focus on proper cricketing shots instead. Had he just stuck to proper cricketing shots, he could've had an even better score.
Old February 28, 2012, 09:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Two years back I suggested that Ash should retire from Test and ODI and concentrate on soley T20. Some fans negatively reacted to my comments as if I have done a cardinal sin and termed me as Ashraful hater instead of realizing I am a Bangladesh cricket lover 1st and foremost.

I still stick with my initial comment, and I still think it was the best advice anybody could give it to Ashraful. i.e. Concentrate soley on T20 (which is best suited for him) and dominate there and that will have the best chance to bring him money and fame and eventually confidence.

Only then he should consider un-retiring from ODI like his (should be) model Afridi.

TEST? he should stay out of it for a while.... that switching gear between T20, ODo and TEST is too much for him right now....the game plan should be simpler for him for now.... get success and confidence to the format that is most suitable to his style... only then try other format later.

And yes he should equally concentrate on his bowling... that will give him some wiggle room to justify his inclusion even when he doesn't perform with that bat.
he might have it in him to be a handy lower order batsman + spinner just like afridi. he score as quickly as anyone in the game and it would be good to have that kind of firepower down at 7/8 in either of ODIs and Tests. Question is, are the likes of Asif/Anamul/Monimul ready to take over in the middle order?

An ODI lineup in the next couple years consisting of the following looks good:

Anamul (+)
Tamim
Asif
Mominul
Mushfiq
Shakib
Nasir
Ash
Mashrafee
Rubel
Nazmul/Sunny/Enamul
Old February 28, 2012, 09:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
he might have it in him to be a handy lower order batsman + spinner just like afridi. he score as quickly as anyone in the game and it would be good to have that kind of firepower down at 7/8 in either of ODIs and Tests. Question is, are the likes of Asif/Anamul/Monimul ready to take over in the middle order?

An ODI lineup in the next couple years consisting of the following looks good:

Anamul (+)
Tamim
Asif
Mominul
Mushfiq
Shakib
Nasir
Ash
Mashrafee
Rubel
Nazmul/Sunny/Enamul
Though this is an Ashraful thread, I was wondering why Asif Ahmed wasn't bought by any teams. Can anyone shed any light on this?

- Benjamin Franklin
Old February 28, 2012, 09:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
he might have it in him to be a handy lower order batsman + spinner just like afridi. he score as quickly as anyone in the game and it would be good to have that kind of firepower down at 7/8 in either of ODIs and Tests.
Forget about TEST, to justify that role in ODI , first of all Ash need to establish himself as a decent bowler who can be trusted with the ball 10 overs game-in game-out like Afridi.

Like Afridi, Ashraful should not have a role in TEST team either in 7 or 8. Atleast Afridi can bowl really well, but we cannot say for sure in case of Ashraful. For last 6/7 years , we have seen Ashraful bowl few overs here and few overs there, but Ashraful ,the potential good bowler, is still a mystery to us.

Can Ashraful, the spinner, justify his inclusion beating our existing and upcoming spinners? If/When he can, then yes.. why not Ashraful in the team at 7 or 8 slot? However until then, I see no reason to waste 7/8 slot for him in TEST or ODI.

I think he only made a case to be included in T20 national team.
Old February 28, 2012, 10:06 PM
Cricket Sage

btw... if team really needs firepower in ODI and TEST (??), I would rather try someone like Zia. I start loving this guy.... I know its T20.... but Zia, Mominul and Arafat Sunny gave me hope for bright future.

Also we already know that Nasir can bowl and provide the firepower.

Moreover, in TEST if Nazimuddin, Mominul along with Rahim and Riyad (and in future Asif, Amanul) can fill some of the middle order, then .... Sakib, Nasir, Mashrafee (potentially Shafiul) can provide the firepower that we are looking for.
Old February 28, 2012, 10:18 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

^agreed...To me..Sunny is the best to replace Ash.
Old February 28, 2012, 10:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Not a bad knock from Ashraful. But not the same Ashraful who scored 150 against India. Man i wish that guy was playing for us
Old February 28, 2012, 11:54 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Not a bad knock from Ashraful. But not the same Ashraful who scored 150 against India. Man i wish that guy was playing for us
He is the 2nd highest run scorer from BD players so far...what more do you want?
Old February 29, 2012, 12:37 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

He should be in the national T20 XI, but please let's not use his BPL performances as an excuse for including him in the ODI/Test squads as well.
Old February 29, 2012, 04:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Two years back I suggested that Ash should retire from Test and ODI and concentrate on soley T20. Some fans negatively reacted to my comments as if I have done a cardinal sin and termed me as Ashraful hater instead of realizing I am a Bangladesh cricket lover 1st and foremost.c

I still stick
you been saying ash should get kicked out of bd team for past 10 years, when despite that he underwent successful wc in west indies, when his inclusion in wc irked u. even a broken clock is right twice.

every player should be consistently reevaluated. ur were consistent but ur judgement in evaluation was/is very poor.

what u say above - that ash should conc only on t20 makes no sense. based on what? he had his moments in all three formats, never consistent.
Old February 29, 2012, 04:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Ash better take Dhaka home today. He's doing resonably well in this tournament ...
Old February 29, 2012, 05:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
He is the 2nd highest run scorer from BD players so far...what more do you want?
To play like how he used to around 5-7 years ago. Remember the 6 of Pathan and the reverse sweep against an on song Harbhajan. Remember the amazing batting display against England. Remember he took on Shaun Pollock home. That Ashraful had far more strokes and confidence. The current one only dabs and paddles.

Batsman are supposed to mature as they grow older. It has gone in the opposite direction for Ashraful
Old February 29, 2012, 10:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Ashraful is champion....also hold most catches...he can solve our catch problems
Old February 29, 2012, 11:07 AM
Cricket Legend

I am really happy for ashraful, a good spirited person with just reward. the last icon standing.
Old February 29, 2012, 11:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Humble Request to Mods and Administrators

How about changing the name of this thread to Official Everything about Mohammad Ashraful, in place of the condescending name now: The Official Everything Mohammed Ashraful Does Thread?
Old February 29, 2012, 07:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Old February 29, 2012, 07:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Thank you sirs. That was classy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
How about changing the name of this thread to Official Everything about Mohammad Ashraful, in place of the condescending name now: The Official Everything Mohammed Ashraful Does Thread?
Old February 29, 2012, 07:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Old March 1, 2012, 12:53 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Thanks Mods.
It looks better now.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old March 1, 2012, 01:13 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
He should be in the national T20 XI, but please let's not use his BPL performances as an excuse for including him in the ODI/Test squads as well.
Second that.
Old March 1, 2012, 09:56 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

I think Ill give him a go in Asia cup

He seems in good touch and was able to handle the pressure of such a big tournament
Old March 1, 2012, 04:01 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
I think Ill give him a go in Asia cup

He seems in good touch and was able to handle the pressure of such a big tournament
dats cuz he was in a team with ian pont and julien fountain
Old March 1, 2012, 04:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerEz
dats cuz he was in a team with ian pont and julien fountain
Not that I believe the coach wins matches, but if that were true, you are saying that Ashraful has potential that can be unlocked by proper coach - that is what you are saying.
Old March 3, 2012, 09:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Observation from coach "Ash need challenges to excel and finds things far too easy sometimes. In the BPL he was playing alongside other world class players who showed their skill levels. I feel Ash responded to this. He WANTED to play.
Any cricketer needs to feel wanted, loved, valued and important. But they also need to feel challenged.....Ultimately, it is all about the player himself and what motivates him."

hmmm jotil mind...as we all discussed problem is in MIND...how we can give more challenge to him and more love and importance...and at the end motivations...Ash babu ke shob kisu dibo..he is like the student who only gets A with a good teacher who is also the grader of the exam..

He was challenged by rise of Shakib and then even Nasir, we all love him (don't we?)...what else can motivate this...I say deshi way dealing with him ...get him married to touch girl who will give challenge in life and also love him more than us...do you think that will motivate this guy...

Solution koi Solution chai...