facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 5, 2012, 06:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Agree^^^
Old March 5, 2012, 07:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Akhon Ashraful Tamim Bhai Bhai
Karon team-a taderJaiga Nai
Old March 6, 2012, 03:55 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Ashraful is my inspiration!! What a true entertainer!!! what a true legend. nijer dukkho kauke bhujte dey na

wish i could have add few more of his celebration but Couldn't find any more on the net
Old March 7, 2012, 03:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shk/Mus/Momi/Nas/Mas/Rub

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Ashraful is my inspiration!! What a true entertainer!!! what a true legend. nijer dukkho kauke bhujte dey na

wish i could have add few more of his celebration but Couldn't find any more on the net
seems like you already miss him, like some of us
Old March 7, 2012, 03:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
Has Ash met his match?
Well that's a reason to hate him less then. And selectors were seriously planning to pick him AGAIN? Good lord.
Old March 7, 2012, 03:47 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
Not that I believe the coach wins matches, but if that were true, you are saying that Ashraful has potential that can be unlocked by proper coach - that is what you are saying.
..and the penny finally drops
Old March 7, 2012, 05:54 AM
Street Cricketer

vai why ashraful isn't in the ASIA CUP squad. i thought he did well in BPL. if BD players gets selected for their well round performance, than shouldn't he be picked????

jonogoner kache er jobab chaiiii,,
"amar vai tomar vai, ashraful vai, ashraful vai" lol
Old March 7, 2012, 07:32 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

^^^

He didnt do anything significant with the bat in DPL whilst Jahurul, Kayes, Mushy were scoring tons of runs

Heck even Tamim probably scored a lot more
Old March 7, 2012, 02:50 PM
Club Cricketer

If Ashraful was taken in Asia cup.. which position would he be played???

3? or 6?
Old March 7, 2012, 04:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Bhai o Bonera, Ashraful - er shathey adda:
Hopefully he will feel wanted by the fans.
Old March 7, 2012, 05:21 PM
Cricket Legend

excerpt from prothom alo regarding Ashraful fiasco in 2nd test against Pakistan where Ashraful was asked to leave the hotel - sad.

http://www.eprothomalo.com/contents/..._08_22_3_b.jpg

Last edited by zsayeed; March 7, 2012 at 06:33 PM..
Old March 7, 2012, 10:46 PM
Club Cricketer

akram khan chaisilo ekta solid team banaite.. o quit koray ekhon board er gadha gular haat theka team re k bachaibo.. era to ekhon shomane prottek match e matche player change korbo.. pura team tar regularity noshto korbo.. allah bachao team ta re.. eto dine jao ekta team daraitasilo, shob noshto hoya jaibo.
Old March 7, 2012, 10:57 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Board President er nati pochhondo kore na bole Ashraful ke dole neyar bepare nirbachok ra shob shomoy chaape thaken - Utpol Shuvro. WTH!!
I didn't know Fazal was related to Bodna Kamal
Old March 7, 2012, 11:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
excerpt from prothom alo regarding Ashraful fiasco in 2nd test against Pakistan where Ashraful was asked to leave the hotel - sad.

http://www.eprothomalo.com/contents/..._08_22_3_b.jpg
Selecting Ash was wrong and then dropping him was wrong as well. Loitta did a good job in dropping Ash. It wasn't the right to interfere but it was required. He wasn't performing that well in NCL and didn't deserve a call (he said it himself). They should let the guy gain some confidence in domestic cricket for about a year.

Selectors 1 - Loitta 1 = 0 Case closed.

And now selecting Tamim was wrong as well. He is totally out of from. His last 10 scores are so poor.

Selectors makes 1 wrong - Loitta makes 1 = 0. Case closed. Akram shouldn't complain. If tamim is dropped then a new guy gets a chance.
Old March 7, 2012, 11:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: The one and only "Mash"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Selecting Ash was wrong and then dropping him was wrong as well. Loitta did a good job in dropping Ash. It wasn't the right to interfere but it was required. He wasn't performing that well in NCL and didn't deserve a call (he said it himself). They should let the guy gain some confidence in domestic cricket for about a year.

And now selecting Tamim was wrong as well. He is totally out of from. His last 10 scores are so poor.

Selectors makes 1 wrong - Loitta makes 1 = 0. Case closed. Akram shouldn't complain. If tamim is dropped then a new guy gets a chance.
It is not about who is playing well and who is not. It is about who is responsible for what. Selection committee is supposed to pick the team and loitta is supposed to keep the [edit] interfarce out. And you are supposed to cheer for the team, and not pretend to be the selectors.

Are you the Nati of loitta btw

Last edited by AsifTheManRahman; March 8, 2012 at 12:18 AM.. Reason: mod.edit
Old March 7, 2012, 11:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightBD
It is not about who is playing well and who is not. It is about who is responsible for what. Selection committee is supposed to pick the team and loitta is supposed to keep the [edit] interfarce out. And you are supposed to cheer for the team, and not pretend to be the selectors.

Are you the Nati of loitta btw
If the selectors keep doing same mistakes over and over again then this type of interference is necessary.

And yes I'm his nati.

Last edited by AsifTheManRahman; March 8, 2012 at 12:18 AM.. Reason: mod.quote
Old March 7, 2012, 11:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
If the selectors keep doing same mistakes over and over again then this type of interference is necessary.

And yes I'm his nati.
Yeah the interference was necessary !!! Now, sending the team to Pakistan is necessary too... right???
Old March 7, 2012, 11:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: The one and only "Mash"

Quote:

And yes I'm his nati.
Then change the selectors, DO NOT CHANGE THE TEAM.

Basics. Basics. Basic.
Old March 7, 2012, 11:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Yeah the interference was necessary !!! Now, sending the team to Pakistan is necessary too... right???
Two different things.
And why are you asking me this question?
Old March 7, 2012, 11:30 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Two different things.
Bhai apni self declared nati - so I guess she was hoping you'd pass on the question to your dada/nana.
Old March 7, 2012, 11:41 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

Tamim's last 10 ODI scores are : 0, 4, 0, 36*, 1, 21, 45, 61, 44, 3. If you look carefully, you'll find that he messed up big time only in his last 5 innings. Before that, he was scoring decently. To me, it's just a case of having one terrible series. Yes, he's not been his usual fluent-self in the recent past, but still he has managed to score reasonably. You can't compare him with Ashraful because even with his terrible form in the last 10 innings, he has maintained an average of 23.88 which is similar to Ashraful's career average over almost 11 years.
Also Tamim's last 10 Test innings : 21, 14, 15, 9, 83, 14, 37, 52, 43, 15 with an average of 30.3.
You simply do not leave out one of your best performers based on 5 innings. So, no selectors didn't do any wrong and Akram has every reason to blow the whistle since this is the first time their signed team has been altered/modified/shortened.
Old March 7, 2012, 11:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_1_primeval_man
Board President er nati pochhondo kore na bole Ashraful ke dole neyar bepare nirbachok ra shob shomoy chaape thaken - Utpol Shuvro. WTH!!
I didn't know Fazal was related to Bodna Kamal
I asked Ashraful two years ago, "Tumi aar run korte parbe na". Ashraful listen to my abdar and stopped scoring run for last two years for the national team.

I asked Nana Bhai, "Na Na Na.. tumi Ashraful-ke team-a neete parba na". Nana Bhai listen to my Abdar and he was banned from the team.

Then I asked Tamim, "tumi BCL-e bhalo kelte parba na." Tamim listen to my abdar.

Then I asked Akram Mama, "mama tumi kintu tamim-ke national team-e nite parba na." Kintu mama amar kotha shunlo na, ulta beyadob bole gali dilo.

Kante kante nana bhai-ke complain korlam, "nana bhai, nana bhai tamim keno team-e selected holo?" Nana bhai bollo , "kono chinta koro na, kotha dichi tamim out!"

Kintu cousin Shuvro shob kotha paper-re fash kore dilo. Arr akon dekchi cousin
prime evil BC-te amar shob opokormo fash kore dilo.

Lotus kamaler shate amar or mone hoi fashi hobe.
Old March 7, 2012, 11:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Two different things.
mmm as your replies sounded like whatever Kamal did is justified.. I don't think he should interfere with selectors decision.. then what's the point of appointing a selectors committee.. he can just select the 15 men squad all by himself.. If he has any suggestion he could discuss it with the selectors rather than just modifying the team, signing it and send it as the final decision to show off his power.. What do you think ??
Old March 7, 2012, 11:54 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
I asked Ashraful two years ago, "Tumi aar run korte parbe na". Ashraful listen to my abdar and stopped scoring run for last two years for the national team.

I asked Nana Bhai, "Na Na Na.. tumi Ashraful-ke team-a neete parba na". Nana Bhai listen to my Abdar and he was banned from the team.

Then I asked Tamim, "tumi BCL-e bhalo kelte parba na." Tamim listen to my abdar.

Then I asked Akram Mama, "mama tumi kintu tamim-ke national team-e nite parba na." Kintu mama amar kotha shunlo na, ulta beyadob bole gali dilo.

Kante kante nana bhai-ke complain korlam, "nana bhai, nana bhai tamim keno team-e selected holo?" Nana bhai bollo , "kono chinta koro na, kotha dichi tamim out!"

Kintu cousin Shuvro shob kotha paper-re fash kore dilo. Arr akon dekchi cousin
prime evil BC-te amar shob opokormo fash kore dilo.

Lotus kamaler shate amar or mone hoi fashi hobe.
Taile nanabarir abdarer kotha shikar korei nilen
Old March 7, 2012, 11:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_1_primeval_man
Tamim's last 10 ODI scores are : 0, 4, 0, 36*, 1, 21, 45, 61, 44, 3. If you look carefully, you'll find that he messed up big time only in his last 5 innings. Before that, he was scoring decently. To me, it's just a case of having one terrible series. Yes, he's not been his usual fluent-self in the recent past, but still he has managed to score reasonably. You can't compare him with Ashraful because even with his terrible form in the last 10 innings, he has maintained an average of 23.88 which is similar to Ashraful's career average over almost 11 years.
Also Tamim's last 10 Test innings : 21, 14, 15, 9, 83, 14, 37, 52, 43, 15 with an average of 30.3.
You simply do not leave out one of your best performers based on 5 innings. So, no selectors didn't do any wrong and Akram has every reason to blow the whistle since this is the first time their signed team has been altered/modified/shortened.