facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3076  
Old March 5, 2012, 06:33 PM
akabir77's Avatar
akabir77 akabir77 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 23, 2004
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok
Posts: 10,764

Agree^^^
Reply With Quote
  #3077  
Old March 5, 2012, 07:16 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 15,722

Akhon Ashraful Tamim Bhai Bhai
Karon team-a taderJaiga Nai
__________________
Stop that “chudurbudur”
Reply With Quote
  #3078  
Old March 6, 2012, 03:55 PM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 41,885

Ashraful is my inspiration!! What a true entertainer!!! what a true legend. nijer dukkho kauke bhujte dey na




wish i could have add few more of his celebration but Couldn't find any more on the net
__________________
Kholi: I hated being on the bench and not playing
our gadhas: I love being on the bench as im getting paid anyway
Reply With Quote
  #3079  
Old March 7, 2012, 03:15 AM
Shaan's Avatar
Shaan Shaan is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 11, 2004
Location: somewhere in the GaLaXy
Favorite Player: Shk/Mus/Momi/Nas/Mas/Rub
Posts: 3,313

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Ashraful is my inspiration!! What a true entertainer!!! what a true legend. nijer dukkho kauke bhujte dey na




wish i could have add few more of his celebration but Couldn't find any more on the net
seems like you already miss him, like some of us
__________________
GO BANGLADESH GO!!!
------------------------------
Fav.Int.Players: B Lara/viv Ricahrds/Ponting/Ambrose/W.Akram/R.Hadlee
Reply With Quote
  #3080  
Old March 7, 2012, 03:43 AM
shakibrulz's Avatar
shakibrulz shakibrulz is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 10, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 4,327

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
Has Ash met his match?
Well that's a reason to hate him less then. And selectors were seriously planning to pick him AGAIN? Good lord.
Reply With Quote
  #3081  
Old March 7, 2012, 03:47 AM
Ian Pont's Avatar
Ian Pont Ian Pont is offline
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach
 
Join Date: February 1, 2011
Posts: 1,351

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
Not that I believe the coach wins matches, but if that were true, you are saying that Ashraful has potential that can be unlocked by proper coach - that is what you are saying.
..and the penny finally drops
__________________
"One day I was thinking, 'Thank God Sehwag was not born in Bangladesh'. If he was, he would have forgotten how to play cricket" - Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #3082  
Old March 7, 2012, 05:54 AM
ransr5 ransr5 is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 15, 2006
Posts: 40

vai why ashraful isn't in the ASIA CUP squad. i thought he did well in BPL. if BD players gets selected for their well round performance, than shouldn't he be picked????

jonogoner kache er jobab chaiiii,,
"amar vai tomar vai, ashraful vai, ashraful vai" lol
Reply With Quote
  #3083  
Old March 7, 2012, 07:32 AM
playmaker playmaker is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 21, 2012
Location: Chittagong
Favorite Player: every quality cricketer
Posts: 2,687

^^^

He didnt do anything significant with the bat in DPL whilst Jahurul, Kayes, Mushy were scoring tons of runs

Heck even Tamim probably scored a lot more
Reply With Quote
  #3084  
Old March 7, 2012, 02:50 PM
faiazk faiazk is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: August 4, 2011
Posts: 50

If Ashraful was taken in Asia cup.. which position would he be played???

3? or 6?
Reply With Quote
  #3085  
Old March 7, 2012, 04:37 PM
zsayeed zsayeed is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 19, 2007
Posts: 4,906

Bhai o Bonera, Ashraful - er shathey adda:
Hopefully he will feel wanted by the fans.
__________________
I Want to Believe
Reply With Quote
  #3086  
Old March 7, 2012, 05:21 PM
zsayeed zsayeed is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 19, 2007
Posts: 4,906

excerpt from prothom alo regarding Ashraful fiasco in 2nd test against Pakistan where Ashraful was asked to leave the hotel - sad.

http://www.eprothomalo.com/contents/..._08_22_3_b.jpg
__________________
I Want to Believe

Last edited by zsayeed; March 7, 2012 at 06:33 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #3087  
Old March 7, 2012, 10:46 PM
faiazk faiazk is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: August 4, 2011
Posts: 50

akram khan chaisilo ekta solid team banaite.. o quit koray ekhon board er gadha gular haat theka team re k bachaibo.. era to ekhon shomane prottek match e matche player change korbo.. pura team tar regularity noshto korbo.. allah bachao team ta re.. eto dine jao ekta team daraitasilo, shob noshto hoya jaibo.
Reply With Quote
  #3088  
Old March 7, 2012, 10:57 PM
i_1_primeval_man's Avatar
i_1_primeval_man i_1_primeval_man is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 10, 2006
Location: Down Under
Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle
Posts: 1,890

Board President er nati pochhondo kore na bole Ashraful ke dole neyar bepare nirbachok ra shob shomoy chaape thaken - Utpol Shuvro. WTH!!
I didn't know Fazal was related to Bodna Kamal
Reply With Quote
  #3089  
Old March 7, 2012, 11:07 PM
Murad's Avatar
Murad Murad is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: July 30, 2006
Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Posts: 19,596

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
excerpt from prothom alo regarding Ashraful fiasco in 2nd test against Pakistan where Ashraful was asked to leave the hotel - sad.

http://www.eprothomalo.com/contents/..._08_22_3_b.jpg
Selecting Ash was wrong and then dropping him was wrong as well. Loitta did a good job in dropping Ash. It wasn't the right to interfere but it was required. He wasn't performing that well in NCL and didn't deserve a call (he said it himself). They should let the guy gain some confidence in domestic cricket for about a year.

Selectors 1 - Loitta 1 = 0 Case closed.

And now selecting Tamim was wrong as well. He is totally out of from. His last 10 scores are so poor.

Selectors makes 1 wrong - Loitta makes 1 = 0. Case closed. Akram shouldn't complain. If tamim is dropped then a new guy gets a chance.
__________________
~*Islam is the only way to attain peace in life, be it personal, family or political.*~
Reply With Quote
  #3090  
Old March 7, 2012, 11:14 PM
KnightBD's Avatar
KnightBD KnightBD is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 10, 2007
Location: Dreamland
Favorite Player: The one and only "Mash"
Posts: 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Selecting Ash was wrong and then dropping him was wrong as well. Loitta did a good job in dropping Ash. It wasn't the right to interfere but it was required. He wasn't performing that well in NCL and didn't deserve a call (he said it himself). They should let the guy gain some confidence in domestic cricket for about a year.

Selectors 1 - Loitta 1 = 0 Case closed.

And now selecting Tamim was wrong as well. He is totally out of from. His last 10 scores are so poor.

Selectors makes 1 wrong - Loitta makes 1 = 0. Case closed. Akram shouldn't complain. If tamim is dropped then a new guy gets a chance.
It is not about who is playing well and who is not. It is about who is responsible for what. Selection committee is supposed to pick the team and loitta is supposed to keep the [edit] interfarce out. And you are supposed to cheer for the team, and not pretend to be the selectors.

Are you the Nati of loitta btw
__________________
Back to the future!

Last edited by AsifTheManRahman; March 8, 2012 at 12:18 AM.. Reason: mod.edit
Reply With Quote
  #3091  
Old March 7, 2012, 11:20 PM
Murad's Avatar
Murad Murad is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: July 30, 2006
Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Posts: 19,596

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightBD
It is not about who is playing well and who is not. It is about who is responsible for what. Selection committee is supposed to pick the team and loitta is supposed to keep the [edit] interfarce out. And you are supposed to cheer for the team, and not pretend to be the selectors.

Are you the Nati of loitta btw
If the selectors keep doing same mistakes over and over again then this type of interference is necessary.

And yes I'm his nati.
__________________
~*Islam is the only way to attain peace in life, be it personal, family or political.*~

Last edited by AsifTheManRahman; March 8, 2012 at 12:18 AM.. Reason: mod.quote
Reply With Quote
  #3092  
Old March 7, 2012, 11:24 PM
oronnya oronnya is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 19, 2011
Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid
Posts: 3,711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
If the selectors keep doing same mistakes over and over again then this type of interference is necessary.

And yes I'm his nati.
Yeah the interference was necessary !!! Now, sending the team to Pakistan is necessary too... right???
__________________
"Shakib Al Hasan to Azhar Ali, OUT, a beauty from the Bangladeshi Superman! Shakib gets the runs, Shakib gets the wickets. " CI
Reply With Quote
  #3093  
Old March 7, 2012, 11:24 PM
KnightBD's Avatar
KnightBD KnightBD is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 10, 2007
Location: Dreamland
Favorite Player: The one and only "Mash"
Posts: 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
If the selectors keep doing same mistakes over and over again then this type of interference is necessary.

And yes I'm his nati.
Then change the selectors, DO NOT CHANGE THE TEAM.

Basics. Basics. Basic.
__________________
Back to the future!
Reply With Quote
  #3094  
Old March 7, 2012, 11:27 PM
Murad's Avatar
Murad Murad is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: July 30, 2006
Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Posts: 19,596

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Yeah the interference was necessary !!! Now, sending the team to Pakistan is necessary too... right???
Two different things.
And why are you asking me this question?
__________________
~*Islam is the only way to attain peace in life, be it personal, family or political.*~
Reply With Quote
  #3095  
Old March 7, 2012, 11:30 PM
F6_Turbo F6_Turbo is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 19, 2011
Location: A hospital near you
Favorite Player: Brian Lara
Posts: 2,552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Two different things.
And why are you asking me this question?
Bhai apni self declared nati - so I guess she was hoping you'd pass on the question to your dada/nana.
Reply With Quote
  #3096  
Old March 7, 2012, 11:41 PM
i_1_primeval_man's Avatar
i_1_primeval_man i_1_primeval_man is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 10, 2006
Location: Down Under
Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle
Posts: 1,890

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Selecting Ash was wrong and then dropping him was wrong as well. Loitta did a good job in dropping Ash. It wasn't the right to interfere but it was required. He wasn't performing that well in NCL and didn't deserve a call (he said it himself). They should let the guy gain some confidence in domestic cricket for about a year.

Selectors 1 - Loitta 1 = 0 Case closed.

And now selecting Tamim was wrong as well. He is totally out of from. His last 10 scores are so poor.

Selectors makes 1 wrong - Loitta makes 1 = 0. Case closed. Akram shouldn't complain. If tamim is dropped then a new guy gets a chance.
Tamim's last 10 ODI scores are : 0, 4, 0, 36*, 1, 21, 45, 61, 44, 3. If you look carefully, you'll find that he messed up big time only in his last 5 innings. Before that, he was scoring decently. To me, it's just a case of having one terrible series. Yes, he's not been his usual fluent-self in the recent past, but still he has managed to score reasonably. You can't compare him with Ashraful because even with his terrible form in the last 10 innings, he has maintained an average of 23.88 which is similar to Ashraful's career average over almost 11 years.
Also Tamim's last 10 Test innings : 21, 14, 15, 9, 83, 14, 37, 52, 43, 15 with an average of 30.3.
You simply do not leave out one of your best performers based on 5 innings. So, no selectors didn't do any wrong and Akram has every reason to blow the whistle since this is the first time their signed team has been altered/modified/shortened.
Reply With Quote
  #3097  
Old March 7, 2012, 11:45 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 15,722

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_1_primeval_man
Board President er nati pochhondo kore na bole Ashraful ke dole neyar bepare nirbachok ra shob shomoy chaape thaken - Utpol Shuvro. WTH!!
I didn't know Fazal was related to Bodna Kamal
I asked Ashraful two years ago, "Tumi aar run korte parbe na". Ashraful listen to my abdar and stopped scoring run for last two years for the national team.

I asked Nana Bhai, "Na Na Na.. tumi Ashraful-ke team-a neete parba na". Nana Bhai listen to my Abdar and he was banned from the team.

Then I asked Tamim, "tumi BCL-e bhalo kelte parba na." Tamim listen to my abdar.

Then I asked Akram Mama, "mama tumi kintu tamim-ke national team-e nite parba na." Kintu mama amar kotha shunlo na, ulta beyadob bole gali dilo.

Kante kante nana bhai-ke complain korlam, "nana bhai, nana bhai tamim keno team-e selected holo?" Nana bhai bollo , "kono chinta koro na, kotha dichi tamim out!"

Kintu cousin Shuvro shob kotha paper-re fash kore dilo. Arr akon dekchi cousin
prime evil BC-te amar shob opokormo fash kore dilo.

Lotus kamaler shate amar or mone hoi fashi hobe.
__________________
Stop that “chudurbudur”
Reply With Quote
  #3098  
Old March 7, 2012, 11:52 PM
oronnya oronnya is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 19, 2011
Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid
Posts: 3,711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Two different things.
And why are you asking me this question?
mmm as your replies sounded like whatever Kamal did is justified.. I don't think he should interfere with selectors decision.. then what's the point of appointing a selectors committee.. he can just select the 15 men squad all by himself.. If he has any suggestion he could discuss it with the selectors rather than just modifying the team, signing it and send it as the final decision to show off his power.. What do you think ??
__________________
"Shakib Al Hasan to Azhar Ali, OUT, a beauty from the Bangladeshi Superman! Shakib gets the runs, Shakib gets the wickets. " CI
Reply With Quote
  #3099  
Old March 7, 2012, 11:54 PM
i_1_primeval_man's Avatar
i_1_primeval_man i_1_primeval_man is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 10, 2006
Location: Down Under
Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle
Posts: 1,890

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
I asked Ashraful two years ago, "Tumi aar run korte parbe na". Ashraful listen to my abdar and stopped scoring run for last two years for the national team.

I asked Nana Bhai, "Na Na Na.. tumi Ashraful-ke team-a neete parba na". Nana Bhai listen to my Abdar and he was banned from the team.

Then I asked Tamim, "tumi BCL-e bhalo kelte parba na." Tamim listen to my abdar.

Then I asked Akram Mama, "mama tumi kintu tamim-ke national team-e nite parba na." Kintu mama amar kotha shunlo na, ulta beyadob bole gali dilo.

Kante kante nana bhai-ke complain korlam, "nana bhai, nana bhai tamim keno team-e selected holo?" Nana bhai bollo , "kono chinta koro na, kotha dichi tamim out!"

Kintu cousin Shuvro shob kotha paper-re fash kore dilo. Arr akon dekchi cousin
prime evil BC-te amar shob opokormo fash kore dilo.

Lotus kamaler shate amar or mone hoi fashi hobe.
Taile nanabarir abdarer kotha shikar korei nilen
Reply With Quote
  #3100  
Old March 7, 2012, 11:58 PM
oronnya oronnya is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 19, 2011
Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid
Posts: 3,711

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_1_primeval_man
Tamim's last 10 ODI scores are : 0, 4, 0, 36*, 1, 21, 45, 61, 44, 3. If you look carefully, you'll find that he messed up big time only in his last 5 innings. Before that, he was scoring decently. To me, it's just a case of having one terrible series. Yes, he's not been his usual fluent-self in the recent past, but still he has managed to score reasonably. You can't compare him with Ashraful because even with his terrible form in the last 10 innings, he has maintained an average of 23.88 which is similar to Ashraful's career average over almost 11 years.
Also Tamim's last 10 Test innings : 21, 14, 15, 9, 83, 14, 37, 52, 43, 15 with an average of 30.3.
You simply do not leave out one of your best performers based on 5 innings. So, no selectors didn't do any wrong and Akram has every reason to blow the whistle since this is the first time their signed team has been altered/modified/shortened.
__________________
"Shakib Al Hasan to Azhar Ali, OUT, a beauty from the Bangladeshi Superman! Shakib gets the runs, Shakib gets the wickets. " CI
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket