facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 8, 2012, 01:03 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Ok guyz stop quarelling

afterall its a sport and it always will be. All we need to do is to sit back and enjoy the cricket match on our bed/sofa
Old March 8, 2012, 02:12 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
mmm as your replies sounded like whatever Kamal did is justified.. I don't think he should interfere with selectors decision.. then what's the point of appointing a selectors committee.. he can just select the 15 men squad all by himself.. If he has any suggestion he could discuss it with the selectors rather than just modifying the team, signing it and send it as the final decision to show off his power.. What do you think ??
What's the use of having a boss if he can't make logical intervention when necessary? Then the selection committee could have been an independent body, outside the BCB hierarchy ... !!!

LK didn't rule Tamim out, but only told him to prove his fitness. This guy was off form and was out of BPL for fitness/injury. That was admitted by TI himself. So it would be more honorable for even TI to come through a fitness test, than to walk in like that. That would make his BPL injury a farce. So, I think LK had a logical approach.

That doesn't mean that I want TI out of the team. I want him to prove his fitness and come back. Why are we making it a villainous act of LK?? It's only logical for any injured player to prove his fitness before inclusion in the team.
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old March 8, 2012, 03:41 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
What's the use of having a boss if he can't make logical intervention when necessary? Then the selection committee could have been an independent body, outside the BCB hierarchy ... !!!

LK didn't rule Tamim out, but only told him to prove his fitness. This guy was off form and was out of BPL for fitness/injury. That was admitted by TI himself. So it would be more honorable for even TI to come through a fitness test, than to walk in like that. That would make his BPL injury a farce. So, I think LK had a logical approach.

That doesn't mean that I want TI out of the team. I want him to prove his fitness and come back. Why are we making it a villainous act of LK?? It's only logical for any injured player to prove his fitness before inclusion in the team.
I think you are not getting the point, Lk wanted to show off his power and teach Tamim a lesson, so he exclude Tamis name from the list....LK got the opportunity because he was out of form now. He never thought Akram khan will be brave enough to oppose against him. Now Akram took the brave decision and LK in trouble.. I want this to be a big issue. because People like LK is only damaging our cricket.
Old March 8, 2012, 03:47 AM

Quote:

Me too think Tamim must should go through fitness test before being placed in 15. This should be a logical process no matter how good cricketer he is. However Loitta could have easily contact with selectors, especially chief of selector asking/advising to do selection job right and let selectors announce the team. Instead he took the job on his own hand and let it announced by somebody else [third party]. That is out of logical procedure as long as selection process is concern, hence deserve criticism.

Then again this Akram guy also acted on emotion rather than stay strictly professional, he could have wait and take the issues to the table before throwing the job. By doing so, he just left the issue to be fixed by others, if ever they feel that way. Thats not just good enough to be called as heroic as many people would say.
Old March 8, 2012, 03:52 AM

Btw, why we are talking on Lotta saga on this Ash thread?!?
Old March 8, 2012, 04:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Btw, why we are talking on Lotta saga on this Ash thread?!?
It used to be that Ash was the virus and Ash threads and discussions would pop-up like chicken-pox blisters all over the forum to be followed by Fazal's presence as he tries to scratch those itchy blisters. Now, his place has been taken over by Lotus - and the rash is spreading all over the forum. Even Gacotouch cannot help.
Old March 8, 2012, 08:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Me too think Tamim must should go through fitness test before being placed in 15. This should be a logical process no matter how good cricketer he is. However Loitta could have easily contact with selectors, especially chief of selector asking/advising to do selection job right and let selectors announce the team. Instead he took the job on his own hand and let it announced by somebody else [third party]. That is out of logical procedure as long as selection process is concern, hence deserve criticism.

Then again this Akram guy also acted on emotion rather than stay strictly professional, he could have wait and take the issues to the table before throwing the job. By doing so, he just left the issue to be fixed by others, if ever they feel that way. Thats not just good enough to be called as heroic as many people would say.
Exactly my point. If he was concerned about Tamim's fitness, then he should've contacted the selectors and tell them that he doesn't want to add Tamim unless he passes the fitness tests. It seems to me he did it all of a sudden and hence all the confusion.
Old March 8, 2012, 08:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_1_primeval_man
Tamim's last 10 ODI scores are : 0, 4, 0, 36*, 1, 21, 45, 61, 44, 3. If you look carefully, you'll find that he messed up big time only in his last 5 innings. Before that, he was scoring decently. To me, it's just a case of having one terrible series. Yes, he's not been his usual fluent-self in the recent past, but still he has managed to score reasonably. You can't compare him with Ashraful because even with his terrible form in the last 10 innings, he has maintained an average of 23.88 which is similar to Ashraful's career average over almost 11 years.
Also Tamim's last 10 Test innings : 21, 14, 15, 9, 83, 14, 37, 52, 43, 15 with an average of 30.3.
You simply do not leave out one of your best performers based on 5 innings. So, no selectors didn't do any wrong and Akram has every reason to blow the whistle since this is the first time their signed team has been altered/modified/shortened.
Good post While Tamim was not in the best of forms in 2011, he still didn't do bad enough to get dropped. Many of our other batsmen did a lot worse then him. For example, Junaid, SN, Rokibul all averaged in the teens and had very low SR's and then Ash averaged a 5 with a ridiculously low SR. So all those guys deserved to get the chop. Tamim on the other hand averaged about a 25 with a SR of 80 which was only bettered by Shakib, Mushy, Nasir, and Riyad. So again he wasn't doing well but it wasn't bad enough to get dropped in our standards. Also you have to consider his DPL form and he was 1 of the top scorers there as well. So performance was not an issue with Tamim getting dropped.
Old March 8, 2012, 08:20 AM
Banned

according to sources, LK didnt keep Ash in the team because his grandson doesnt like him

Ei LK ar or retarded Grandsonke jodi pai tahole ami oderke ekkere _______________.
WHAT DO THEY THINK? THEY CAN INTERFERE WITH OUR CRICKET LIKE THIS??
Old March 8, 2012, 10:35 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

বোর্ড সভাপতির নাতি পছন্দ করে না বলে আশরাফুলকে দলে রাখলেই তিনি রেগে যান — ক্রিকেট বোর্ডে একটু যাতায়াত আছে, এমন কে না তা জানে? নির্বাচকদের তো একবার এমনও বলে দিয়েছিলেন, আশরাফুল থাকলে সেই দল যেন তাঁর কাছে না পাঠানো হয়। নির্দিষ্ট কোনো খেলোয়াড়ের প্রতি বোর্ড সভাপতির এমন বিরাগ এবং সেটির এমন প্রকাশ বাকি ক্রিকেট - বিশ্বের কাছে বিশ্বাসযোগ্য বলেই মনে হবে না!!
- উৎপল শুভ্র The Daily Prothom Alo

Source : FB
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old March 8, 2012, 10:44 AM
Banned

Hey, Allah, y not give us michael jackson back and take away this brute

Touba touba..
Old March 8, 2012, 12:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Grandson ki mamu naki?
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Old March 8, 2012, 12:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
Bhai apni self declared nati - so I guess she was hoping you'd pass on the question to your dada/nana.
Haha. KnightBD ask korlo tai nati bole porichoi na diye ar parlam na :p
Old March 8, 2012, 12:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
according to sources, LK didnt keep Ash in the team because his grandson doesnt like him

Ei LK ar or retarded Grandsonke jodi pai tahole ami oderke ekkere _______________.
WHAT DO THEY THINK? THEY CAN INTERFERE WITH OUR CRICKET LIKE THIS??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
বোর্ড সভাপতির নাতি পছন্দ করে না বলে আশরাফুলকে দলে রাখলেই তিনি রেগে যান — ক্রিকেট বোর্ডে একটু যাতায়াত আছে, এমন কে না তা জানে? নির্বাচকদের তো একবার এমনও বলে দিয়েছিলেন, আশরাফুল থাকলে সেই দল যেন তাঁর কাছে না পাঠানো হয়। নির্দিষ্ট কোনো খেলোয়াড়ের প্রতি বোর্ড সভাপতির এমন বিরাগ এবং সেটির এমন প্রকাশ বাকি ক্রিকেট - বিশ্বের কাছে বিশ্বাসযোগ্য বলেই মনে হবে না!!

At first i thought it was a joke. WTH? I cant believe I am actually seeing this and this is really happening.
Old March 8, 2012, 12:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz

Oh ei shei naati.. Ekhon bujhlam shobai erokom nati nati kortesilo ken!

Eta ki Nafisa Kamar er oi chotto cheleta (7/8 yrs) naki jake cameraman bar bar dekhaitesilo Pak series er shomoi?
ei jonnei boli sylhet royals er ei dhur obostha keno...
Old March 8, 2012, 12:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
Grandson ki mamu naki?
LOL. That's the first thought that popped in my head.
Old March 8, 2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:

Am I missing anything here??

> Mr Kamal has no business in selecting a team IMHO
> The selection body had the Doc and physio's fitness report of Tamim that TI is fit
> Why only TI was taken off the 15 men squad? Why not all of them taken off if Kamal wanted to see if everybody was fit or not?

It was a nasty and mafia like decision by Kamal.
Old March 8, 2012, 03:20 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Khaiche!!! Ash er career sesh. o keno abar ex player der sathe jug dite gelo?

at the bottom with yellow tshirt.
Old March 8, 2012, 04:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
... Even Gacotouch cannot help.
Touch touch touch. Anticeptic auirbedi cream...
Old March 8, 2012, 04:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Am I missing anything here??

> Mr Kamal has no business in selecting a team IMHO
> The selection body had the Doc and physio's fitness report of Tamim that TI is fit
> Why only TI was taken off the 15 men squad? Why not all of them taken off if Kamal wanted to see if everybody was fit or not?

It was a nasty and mafia like decision by Kamal.
It's not Kamal, it's the Board president, who has all the right to object to a selection on genuine ground or when certain process hasn't been followed. unfortunately it is Kamal, had it been a capable president, you wouldn't have had the problem, because he would have made the right kind of interference. So solution is; throwing out the incapable person not the privilege of a position/chair. If some day the selection committe loads the team with incompetent personal favorites, who do you think should fix it?? We are talking of the system, how an organization should function. Selectors can't be untouchable or un challenged. It wasn't long before, that everyone was abusing the selectors for their poor team selection. So let's not cripple the BCB presidents post to stop LK playing with the authority. LK won't be the president forever, but the presidents post will remain.

You are probably reacting after the late night news of ex cricketers & Ak talking to PM etc, I can understand your emotions ATM, that's why you mixed up all the time lines. TI got the fitness cleared after the team was declared, during the first day of practice.
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71

Last edited by BANFAN; March 8, 2012 at 05:25 PM..
Old March 8, 2012, 04:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Khaiche!!! Ash er career sesh. o keno abar ex player der sathe jug dite gelo?

at the bottom with yellow tshirt.
Ash nijeke ex national player mone kora shuru korsey
tacharao Loot(us) er nati'r upor protishodh nitei jog diyechey mone hoy Ash pareo. :p
Old March 8, 2012, 06:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Ash nijeke ex national player mone kora shuru korsey
tacharao Loot(us) er nati'r upor protishodh nitei jog diyechey mone hoy Ash pareo. :p
Can't see the pic.

Ash is always present in this type of events. He was fined heavily for his comments against BCB in a CWAB meeting last year. He is not afraid of anything. This time if its true he will not get the contract for sure.
Old March 8, 2012, 07:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Ash is a gladiator and he will protest any unfairness...he is true hero...he should also respond's too Boycott too...
Old March 27, 2012, 11:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Watching Channel-i Tritio Matra..where Ashraful and Jafarulla Sharafat are the guests...this is FATHER OF ENTERTAINMENT!!!!
Old March 27, 2012, 11:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Please post the video....have heard CJS being at his best