facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 21, 2012, 02:54 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: SHAKIB AL HASAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Even by the current stat... Ash is the best in opening.... There are many problems in different areas of the team, you will use your time well, focussing on those than spoiling on Ash I'm sure.

Shakibrulz... No need to go on the defensive ... Anticipating anything coming on Shak ... We are all fans of the team .. And we still have trust on Shak, he will come back strong in the WC... So please stop such negative campaign at the cost of the team...for you I know Shak is more imp than the team..

Ash has given a much needed stability to the team, resurgent Mullah, solid Nasir and discovery of Zia helps us to think as a team and we can think of winning even if Shak doesn't perform... if he does, that only makes it easy... So please stop negative campaign... No BD fan will attack Shak for not performing as was expected of him....many will worry though.
i think some people even think a below 100 s/r for a t20 opener is great thing.
Even 82 s/r is great.
S/r is very important in t20
a 30from 20
is more effective than 50from 55 in t20.
You will struggle against big guns to even fight in t20 with a opener who can't even score above 100s/r none in three match against a non test playing team.
In t20 its the strike rate which matter.
So before accuse someone else i think some people forget that for them its mr sir ash means more than bd team.
That is why they try to glorify 82 s/r innings.shouting for a man who avrage 10in odi in last 2 years but at the same time try to find fault in everything in shakib,tamim even they score 50.
When they shouting and defending for a proven failure sir ash at the same time they were criticise top performer tamim and shakib. What a double standard.
Shouting shakib,tamim conspiracy against abla ash.
Total demonzing shakib,tamim charecter in bc.
They are jealous of sir ash.selectors are unfair of sir ash blah blah even after no player gets so much chance like him.
It is the true face of some people who now claim to be become fan of a team.
The great sir ash is no more asset for bd team.
Time has come to get rid of ghost of sir ash and try new one.
Even after so many match and playing cricket for ten years he struggle like a new player and don't know how to rotate strike and break down easily in pressure.
He lacks of strong charecter of a intl cricketer should have.
Don't have guts to carry responsibility in field.
No sign of improvement.same thing over and over again.
Still some people going gaga over him for 80,90 s/r in t20.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old July 21, 2012, 03:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

can we stop this Ash debate pleaseeeeeeeeeeee !!! what's with this Ash lover-Shakib hater or Shakib lover- Ash hater ??? they r not mutually exclusive !!! we can love or hate both of them at the same time... Anyways the truth is Ash still has to prove his worth in the team.. few match winning performance is looonngggg due from him... hopefully he will do that soon..
Old July 21, 2012, 03:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

@Shuridh; Why not, I would love to have all players with 200 SR... Wait for me to produce them for BD cricket... They just floated a tender with such specs...
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old July 21, 2012, 03:10 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
can we stop this Ash debate pleaseeeeeeeeeeee !!! what's with this Ash lover-Shakib hater or Shakib lover- Ash hater ??? they r not mutually exclusive !!! we can love or hate both of them at the same time... Anyways the truth is Ash still has to prove his worth in the team.. few match winning performance is looonngggg due from him... hopefully he will do that soon..
Ya. Why do this 2 fan-base go against one another? How do those 2 players go head to head? Last time I'd checked Ash was never the number one ALR for 5 days, let alone 500.

Shakib is Bangladesh's all time best. Ash fans you should be happy and proud of that. Shak fans. Move on, I'm sure you were on Ash bandwagon. Now something better came along and you jumped on it.
Old July 21, 2012, 03:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Seriously? You expect an opener to play an "anchor role" with 95 s/r? Good luck with winning more games with that sort of game plan. Because you have to post around 160 or minimum 150 to pose any sort of challenge to quality sides. The sort of "anchor" innings of 35 with below 100 s/r could be played by anyone, really.
Till that anyone comes in its reallly a moot point isnt it? Its quite clear to all that hes only playing slow to secure his spot in the team. The problem was always that he was never given an extended run till about now since the selectors started giving hinthe Kapali treatment during the 2010 england tour.

Another possible theory might be his slow batting against teams he thinks wont post a challenging score against our bowlers to begin with (Ireland and ZIM). When RSA gave us a stiff target i think he responded with 19 off 10.
Old July 21, 2012, 03:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
@Shuridh; Why not, I would love to have all players with 200 SR... Wait for me to produce them for BD cricket... They just floated a tender with such specs...
i will be happy if sir ash can score at 110s/r.
A t20 opener can't have s/r of 80-90when there has field restriction.
Scoring below 100 s/r in t20 is harmful for team when you have to score 160 for a decent fight.
If you happy with a t20 opener with s/r of 80-90 than forget to think you have any chance against big guns in t20

Old July 21, 2012, 04:10 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Ya. Why do this 2 fan-base go against one another? How do those 2 players go head to head? Last time I'd checked Ash was never the number one ALR for 5 days, let alone 500.

Shakib is Bangladesh's all time best. Ash fans you should be happy and proud of that. Shak fans. Move on, I'm sure you were on Ash bandwagon. Now something better came along and you jumped on it.
It becomes head to head when some people clearly indicating that shakib is conspiracying against great sir ash.
When some people are celebrating the fact he sacked from captaincy because they say shakib do conspiracy on great sir ash.
Shakib is villen and ash is abola victim to them.
The same people who defend sir ash even after 10avr. In odi in last 2 years.
But when it comes to shakib or tamim they have to criticise them even after scoring 50 and try to find fault in them.
Shakib is jealous of ash.
This kinds of post you will find in bc archive
I will never try to glorify shakib the day he score at 80s/r 30 unlike ash.
Ash was never in shakib position.
He was never number 1 player in bd.
It was always Haba,Rafiq,Mortoza who occupied top spot.
I was never fan of ash.
I am a fan of mortoza because i like his fighting sprit unlike a guy like ash who makes same mistake again and again and try to find cheap public sympethy.
Its a wrong theory majority of shakib fan come form ash fan base.

Old July 21, 2012, 04:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuridh
i will be happy if sir ash can score at 110s/r.
A t20 opener can't have s/r of 80-90when there has field restriction.
Scoring below 100 s/r in t20 is harmful for team when you have to score 160 for a decent fight.
If you happy with a t20 opener with s/r of 80-90 than forget to think you have any chance against big guns in t20

Don't get blinded by formulas, you need to think about the team realities.

We never had shortage of players who can play at a SR of 200+ but can't last long. What's the point of such SR if you can't bat 20 overs?? He had been giving a great stability to the team with around 90 sr and we all know he can increase sr as much anyone in the team can... his current inningses were needed for the team, according to the match situation. We needed someone who could stabilize the team when collapse begins... He has done it successfully... So please stop complaining. I'm sure, he is doing his job as the team management wants him to do...

I think we have many other bigger issues in the team than to brag about his SR..
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old July 21, 2012, 04:29 PM
Club Cricketer

Well done Ashy!
Old July 21, 2012, 04:34 PM
ODI Cricketer

@banfan 90s/r is useless in t20 even if you score 50 from 55 it won't help you to get a decent score.
The so called stability won't make you match win or even gets closer in big match.a 10ball 20 is more effective than 35 ball 30.
I don't think tim manegment say him to play at 90s/r.
No sane team manegment will say that.
Its our great sir ash limitation and lack of ability to rotate strike and lack of confidance to attack opponent bowler.
Don't try to hide the great sir ash lack of capability,failure by saying it team manegment plan.
If you try to play at 90s/r in t20 its easy and selfish way of playing in t20.
Imrul,Junaid,Jahirul can also play at 100s/r even longer timer with better defeance than sir ash.
If sir ash score at 90s/r against team like ireland,zimbabwe than i am afraid if he could maintain even 80s/r against top8
Don't say you are hoping to win or fight against nz in t20 when your one opener score at 80s/r.
Old July 21, 2012, 05:37 PM
Street Cricketer

Old July 21, 2012, 05:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by agf

WOW ... your first post after freaking 6 years of registration... And it even didn't come through...

You seriously need to post this moment in here.
Old July 21, 2012, 08:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Luka Modric

Quote:
Originally Posted by agf

lmaaooo @ the join date and his first post.

Old July 21, 2012, 08:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
a 30from 20
is more effective than 50from 55 in t20.
It truly depends on the match situation. Ashrafuls recent T20 innings against South Africa where he scored 40 runs off 40 balls was a match winner even though it was a run a ball. Everyone else got out of low scores but he stuck in there and won it. So it truly depends on match situation. The one thing we cant doubt is his ability to strike the ball. Thats where the problem lies. Why does he have a low strike rate then? It could either be a tactic to forge a base for the team or Ashraful wants to secure a position in the team.

If it is to secure a position in the team then i dont blame him. If he does try to score fast then he might get out and he doesnt want to make a string of low scores which might end up forcing him out of the team.
Old July 21, 2012, 11:48 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
It truly depends on the match situation. Ashrafuls recent T20 innings against South Africa where he scored 40 runs off 40 balls was a match winner even though it was a run a ball. Everyone else got out of low scores but he stuck in there and won it. So it truly depends on match situation. The one thing we cant doubt is his ability to strike the ball. Thats where the problem lies. Why does he have a low strike rate then? It could either be a tactic to forge a base for the team or Ashraful wants to secure a position in the team.

If it is to secure a position in the team then i dont blame him. If he does try to score fast then he might get out and he doesnt want to make a string of low scores which might end up forcing him out of the team.
Its no tactics of team manegment its the limitation of sir ash he no longer can hit ball clearly and afraid to attack opponent bowler.
He clearly try to secure his post by playing selfishly and i hate it.
His cheap tactics won't work against full strength big guns.
Bd team is not mr. Matin's paternal property so that he may play only for himself.
Despite being most senior player in team he play so much selfishly.
Even new comer ziaur first play selflessly than sir ash.
If he don't correct his sisy and selfish attitude he will be kick out from team.
80,90 s/r may save this sisy dramabaz against assosiate but it won't save him against full strength big guns.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old July 22, 2012, 12:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Even by the current stat... Ash is the best in opening....
And how many openers have they given a long run besides Ash recently? He consistently played over two series now, that's a pretty decent sample size. No one except Tamim got such a lengthy run recently.

Quote:
Shakibrulz... No need to go on the defensive ...
It has NOTHING to do with Shak Why do people keep associating both? Shak had a below par (by his standards, still a decent series overall) series, so what? It's like saying I'm blaming Rohit Sharma because I'm insecure that Sachin isn't in good form

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwibd
mate you want current form/stats? ash has been leading run scorer in the past two series?
Hs combined s/r is around in the 100's, and his average isn't that mindblowing either if you take into account the s/r. He played most matches along with Mullah & Mushy etc., opened the innings, and played reasonably slow in most matches - why wouldn't you expect him to be the top scorer exactly? We have seen this sort of batting from Mullah too in the past, stats boosting, and nothing else.

The one good innings he has played was against Saffers, I grant that. But besides that, he has been below par.
Old July 22, 2012, 12:07 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Im not satisfied with the performance. He needs to be able to play a real T20 innings not a sheet anchor role. It seems that both our openers look to consolidate but after settling one should assault the bowling and take tole of the PPs
Old July 22, 2012, 12:07 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Quote:
Its no tactics of team manegment its the limitation of sir ash he no longer can hit ball clearly and afraid to attack opponent bowler.
If he don't correct his sisy and selfish attitude he will be kick out from team.
80,90 s/r may save this sisy dramabaz against assosiate but it won't save him against full strength big guns.

Hey buddy,
Calm down. What is with the personal agenda against Md. Ashraful Motin? Ash was pivotal in this Ireland T20 series with solid contributions at the top. Look at Tamim's highest score ever (seriously his highest T20 score is 39) in the last T20 vs Ireland. He scored at pretty much even strike rate. Why? Because 1) He was desperately trying to get a good contribution ; and 2) a solid contribution at the top makes it a lot easier for the likes of Zia and Shakib to hit freely. Exactly the same applies for Ash. Yes, they should both score about 8 per over. But it is a lot tougher batting against the new ball, and we had lost 4 wickets in the first 6 overs numerous times previously in T20s. I for one think Ash is doing a fine job supporting Tamim, and their partnership is quite reassuring. Now if you look down the order, Shakib, Rahim, Zia and Nasir are all capable of scoring at 140+SR from the get go. If those guys contribute, and Riyad does his bit, this is a good batting lineup all the way down to No.8- Mashrafee.

Ashraful is doing his bit for the team. I hope he continues that in the WC, and that the others all chip in too, and chip in together, to get us through to the next round, or two. Even though I am an Ash fan, to foreigners I always brag about Shakib. Don't know why one wouldn't.
Old July 22, 2012, 12:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
What's the point of such SR if you can't bat 20 overs?? .
The current batting lineup is more than capable of batting the 20 overs. And Ash has all except once lasted for long (his 40 was fine in the context of the match). He almost ALWAYS bats slow, gets out for 20-30's and leaves the hitting to Mushy, Mullah, Zia etc. Do you think this is gonna work against top class teams? Well, good luck with that.
Old July 22, 2012, 12:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Bd team is not mr. Matin's paternal property so that he may play only for himself.
Despite being most senior player in team he play so much selfishly.
Even new comer ziaur first play selflessly than sir ash.

I dont think its necessary to over react. Recently we cant say that Ashraful has lost a match for us thus proving he isnt playing as selfishly as people seem to depict. He might be merely setting a platform for Shakib, Mushfiq, Riyad and Nasir to work off. Its not like Ashraful is the only one scoring at a run a ball or a bit less. Tamim has had the tendency to do the same thing over the last recent T20 matches he has played in.

Dont single out Ashraful and make it seem that he is the only culprit. When Ashraful scored 38 off 46 balls (strike rate 82.60) his opening partner Tamim got out for a duck.
Old July 22, 2012, 12:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
Im not satisfied with the performance. He needs to be able to play a real T20 innings not a sheet anchor role. It seems that both our openers look to consolidate but after settling one should assault the bowling and take tole of the PPs
I agree with you.
Old July 22, 2012, 12:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahaz
Hey buddy,
Calm down. What is with the personal agenda against Md. Ashraful Motin? Ash was pivotal in this Ireland T20 series with solid contributions at the top. Look at Tamim's highest score ever (seriously his highest T20 score is 39) in the last T20 vs Ireland. He scored at pretty much even strike rate. Why? Because 1) He was desperately trying to get a good contribution ; and 2) a solid contribution at the top makes it a lot easier for the likes of Zia and Shakib to hit freely. Exactly the same applies for Ash. Yes, they should both score about 8 per over. But it is a lot tougher batting against the new ball, and we had lost 4 wickets in the first 6 overs numerous times previously in T20s. I for one think Ash is doing a fine job supporting Tamim, and their partnership is quite reassuring. Now if you look down the order, Shakib, Rahim, Zia and Nasir are all capable of scoring at 140+SR from the get go. If those guys contribute, and Riyad does his bit, this is a good batting lineup all the way down to No.8- Mashrafee.

Ashraful is doing his bit for the team. I hope he continues that in the WC, and that the others all chip in too, and chip in together, to get us through to the next round, or two. Even though I am an Ash fan, to foreigners I always brag about Shakib. Don't know why one wouldn't.

Exactly. Spot on. That was exactly what i was thinking. Shakib, Nasir, Rahim, Ziaur are more than capable of scoring 140+ strike rate. So i would say Ashraful's role is to make a run a ball 50 partnership with Tamim, so they can put a decent total on the board before Shakib, Nasir, Mushfiq, Ziaur can launch an assault. We have had problems at the top of the order where the first 3 batsmen make single digit figures due to trying to hit the ball. I think that can be avoided now due to the way Ashraful is playing.
Old July 22, 2012, 12:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
He almost ALWAYS bats slow, gets out for 20-30's and leaves the hitting to Mushy, Mullah, Zia etc.
But the thing is he chooses to bats slow as opposed to always batting slow. And maybe leaving the hitting to Mushy, Ziaur, Nasir is part of the plan. Because we all know they are very much capable of striking the ball.

Quote:
Do you think this is gonna work against top class teams? Well, good luck with that.
Well didnt we beat South Africa in T20 recently when Ashraful scored 40 off 40? So it did work didnt it?
Old July 22, 2012, 03:30 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
But the thing is he chooses to bats slow as opposed to always batting slow. And maybe leaving the hitting to Mushy, Ziaur, Nasir is part of the plan. Because we all know they are very much capable of striking the ball.

Well didnt we beat South Africa in T20 recently when Ashraful scored 40 off 40? So it did work didnt it?
Open your eyes mister south africa team was not mainstrim it was close to their a team.
90s/r for an international t20 opener is laughable.
If you try to chase 170 a 50 from 55 makes you lose the game not win.
He can get way with assosiate not with big guns.
If he can't score even at 105 s/r against zim,irl than i am in doubt he could maintain 85 s/r against big guns.
Against them you need attacking strike.
Its laughable when some people think we would able to beat big guns with a selfish player like ash who strike at 90.
He don't play for give foundation.
He can't play like a t20 player because he does not have skill to play t20.
He doesn't know how to attack.
How to steal single regularly.
He does not know how to push you s/r from 100to 130.
He play with same slow cricket even after he reach 20/30 never able to incrase it.
Don't hide the lack of skill,lack of courage,selfish attitude of sir ash by saying oh he was giving foundation shake diye mach dhaka jay na.
Ash er berthota ke apnara tathkathito playing anchor role bole dhakte parben na.
Such a weak skilled,selfish opener will be exposed barely nacked in fornt of world class bowler.
Mr.motin does not giving any foundation.
He creats extra pressure on other batsman.
He fourced other batsman to take extra risk from ball1.
Which will cost us.
For the sake of playing selfishly he puts other batsman in pressure.
There has batsman like junaid,jahirul,imrul who can bat better s/r of 110 with better defeance than mr. matin.
Mohammad ashraful is not worthy to play for bangladesh in any form of cricket.
He cause great harm for bd in odi,test.
Now he doing in t20.
Mark my word if mr. Matin can't score at 110s/r in wc than he will be kick out from team.
Enough chance has given this so called telent baba who even after playing cricket over 10years he behaves like a newcomer, feeling shy of taking responsibility.
Even zia,nasir behaves more maturely than this matin

Old July 22, 2012, 03:49 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahaz
Hey buddy,

No personal agenda.
I just don't want to see a t20 opener with 90s/r who even after ten years crying for playing foul.
Who has selfish attitude.
I have problem with a player who play selfishly and don't have t20skill.
What contribution you are talking a 80/90 s/r don't help in team in t20.
Because of his selfish nature it puts extra pressure on other batsman who have to take extra risk from ball one because mr.matin can't rotate strike.
Mr.matin can get way with irl and zim but what about the big guns where you have to score 160to 170 i don't think its possible with a opener of s/r 80-90 to score even 150 against big guns.
There has many players like junaid,imrul,jahirul who can rotate s/r better than mr. Matin.
Enough time and energy has lost after so called talent baba.
In world cup t20 you should forget about thinking win match with player like matin.
They are not irl/zim.
If mr matin score at 80/90s/r against team like zim/irl.
Than it is scare me how mr .matin will score against full strength big guns.
Ash has nothing more to offer to bangladesh cricket.
It may hurt our die hard ash fans but its bitter reality