facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 13, 2018, 02:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Yes... Ashraful may have a lousy ODI average, but he was excellent in last few ODI in England. Not only that, if we further filter/analyse, we will see that when he was wearing pink underwear, he was doing much better.

He is indeed preparing himself in England with his wife, who is helping with the wicket keeping and also personal trainer and dietician.

Yes, based on all these information, I demand that Ashraful is included in the world cup team with some condition imposed on him: a) Alyaws wear pincky underwear during the game; and b) hire his wife as a personal trainer and motivator during this tournament.

Old August 14, 2018, 06:14 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
লন্ডনে শেষ ৫ ম্যাচে অাশরাফুলের স্কোর ৯৭, ৭৬* ৪৪, ১৭০, ৯৪ রান!!

বর্তমানে লন্ডনে একটি স্থানীয় ক্রিকেট লিগে খেলছেন মোহাম্মদ আশরাফুল। নিজেকে ফিট রাখতে এবং ২০১৯ বিশ্বকাপকে সামনে রেখে লন্ডনে এই প্রস্তুতি নিচ্ছেন মোহাম্মদ আশরাফুল।

Collected
Getting into the side will be extremely difficult for Ashraful since the team is so competitive right now. I think the only position that he might have a chance is at number 6. If Tamim and Liton opens, Shakib plays 3, Mushy and Ryad plays 4 and 5 then number 6 is still up for grabs. Considering WC is in England and how badly youngsters did in Champions Trophy, this is worth a shot provided he can score a lot of runs in whatever opportunity he gets, whether it is BPL or A team tour or domestic cricket. If he gets picked in BPL we will get a good chance to see whether he still has the timing, the reflexes and a vastly improved consistency to succeed at the international level.
Old August 14, 2018, 11:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Only realistic chance for him was to try his luck as an opener. For all other positions, Rhodes has so many other options, don't see him going for an old horse like Motin.
Old August 16, 2018, 05:57 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Asking him to open would be too much to ask of him. I think Ashraful's realistic chance is number 6. He has all the shots to be a good finisher and it is a fairly low-risk option because at that position the expectation is not for him to score big but only play quickfire cameos.

1.Tamim
2. Liton
3. Shakib
4. Mushfiq
5. Ryad
6. Ashraful
7. Shabbir
8. Mash
9. Miraz
10. Mustafizur
11. Rubel
Old August 16, 2018, 06:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

For ash to comeback to the ODI team he needs to have another really good list A run to show his consistency, all of those tons last DPL were from the 3 position. But remember shanto is also a number 3 though he can open as well and even bat at 4/5 but shanto got 4 tons last DPL and his strike rate was nearly 25 points higher than ash’s.
Old August 16, 2018, 08:27 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Comparing Ash with Shanto might be the most outrageous thing I have ever seen in this forum. Shanto might be a good prospect for us but he is at the same league with Afif, Onik etc.

Soummya and Bijoy were different. So is Fizz. As soon they got picked they performed stunningly. Same can be said about Gazi, Taijul, Taskin etc. Shanto with such limited opportunities could not even surpass Liton or Mosaddek performance-wise.

As for Ash, he is an experienced campaigner. You can talk about placing him as an opener, No. 3, No. 6 or finisher and still can hope that he will perform. His ability to change the game is proven time after time. The inspiration, teamwork, knowledge he brings along with his ability to bowl based on match situation brings decade of learning for other newcomers.
Old August 16, 2018, 08:48 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Comparing Ash with Shanto might be the most outrageous thing I have ever seen in this forum. Shanto might be a good prospect for us but he is at the same league with Afif, Onik etc.

Soummya and Bijoy were different. So is Fizz. As soon they got picked they performed stunningly. Same can be said about Gazi, Taijul, Taskin etc. Shanto with such limited opportunities could not even surpass Liton or Mosaddek performance-wise.

As for Ash, he is an experienced campaigner. You can talk about placing him as an opener, No. 3, No. 6 or finisher and still can hope that he will perform. His ability to change the game is proven time after time. The inspiration, teamwork, knowledge he brings along with his ability to bowl based on match situation brings decade of learning for other newcomers.
Shanto just played a solitary test. We haven't seen enough of him to make a judgment on his performance on the international games. I didn't get what you meant by surpassing Liton or Mosaddek performance wise.
Old August 16, 2018, 08:53 AM
Cricket Sage

^Don't want to derail discussion about Ash and his return to national team.

If we are discussing prospective newcomers why not start a thread on that and we can post our opinions there.

Performance-wise Shanto is even behind Zubair to be honest.
Old August 16, 2018, 09:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Ash and shanto are both professional Bangladeshi cricketers who in the last DPL batted in the same position, you can call the comparison outrageous if you like but that’s a pretty like for like comparison I.e. same tournament, same batting position. Can’t get a fairer comparison than that.

As said shanto has played one test, nowhere near enough to make a judgment call, and ash has many more failures than successes in his career.

For ash to return he must prove consistency over an extended period, regardless of who his competition is. The standard is Tamim, shakib and mushy in the batting department, all national team and prospective national team batsmen should strive for their level or better including ashraful who so far in his career has fallen far far short of their level.
Old August 16, 2018, 11:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Can we use big data analytics to predict when Ashraful will play his two big Eid innings a year, and then play him in the XI in those two days?
Old August 16, 2018, 11:10 AM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Can we use big data analytics to predict when Ashraful will play his two big Eid innings a year, and then play him in the XI in those two days?
I don't see why not. We have so much adequate data on Ash over the years that we could feed and use big data analytics to see when the Eid innings will occur
Old August 16, 2018, 11:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
No. Because big data can't predict supernatural phenomenons.

You do bring up a good point. Does BCB use any sort of big data to guide their decision making? Of course not, I doubt they even bother to look up cricinfo stats. BUT they should. These days even third tier League 2 soccer clubs are using data analytics and we are stuck with village idiots sitting in a room, making decisions based on feelings while vigorously scratching their a$$.

Couple of years ago the Sacramento Kings invited select fans to help them pick players for the NBA draft. These were data driven hard core fans who did it completely free just because they are fans. I always wondered why other teams dont do this.
Old August 16, 2018, 12:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

I hope he does comeback. Usually, when he does return, he scores big. The problem is that he's not consistent. I think he should be allowed to play across all the formats. I honestly won't be surprised if he does score another test hundred though his average is pathetic – I have to say.
Old August 16, 2018, 03:34 PM
Cricket Sage

^I also want to see him in Test. Our test batting in away matches are mostly shambolic (except in Srilanka).

His inclusion can harden the fragility at least expecting a service for next 4 years.

Imagine this batting lineup in a test match:

Tamim-Liton-Mominu-Ash-Mushfiqur-Shakib-Mosaddek-Zakir-Razzaq ....
Old August 17, 2018, 08:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Wanting Ashraful back is no less than missing your first gf over and over again years after years despite how horrible and subpar she was. After all it's first love. Hard to get over.

Old August 17, 2018, 10:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
^I also want to see him in Test. Our test batting in away matches are mostly shambolic (except in Srilanka).

His inclusion can harden the fragility at least expecting a service for next 4 years.

Imagine this batting lineup in a test match:

Tamim-Liton-Mominu-Ash-Mushfiqur-Shakib-Mosaddek-Zakir-Razzaq ....
Hahaha

Ashraful in Test

With his magnificent recent fc average of 21

Old August 17, 2018, 10:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
No. Because big data can't predict supernatural phenomenons.

You do bring up a good point. Does BCB use any sort of big data to guide their decision making? Of course not, I doubt they even bother to look up cricinfo stats. BUT they should. These days even third tier League 2 soccer clubs are using data analytics and we are stuck with village idiots sitting in a room, making decisions based on feelings while vigorously scratching their a$$.

Couple of years ago the Sacramento Kings invited select fans to help them pick players for the NBA draft. These were data driven hard core fans who did it completely free just because they are fans. I always wondered why other teams dont do this.
Australia cricket track cricket players from age 13/14/15 can't remember exact but early teens and assign them data to be tracked

Old August 17, 2018, 10:11 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
Hahaha

Ashraful in Test

With his magnificent recent fc average of 21
Yes still he is the highest test scorer after Rahim, 190 against Srilanka in an away series, after so many bans, repercussions and humiliation you cannot find another batsman to go past this record
Old August 17, 2018, 11:51 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Yes still he is the highest test scorer after Rahim, 190 against Srilanka in an away series, after so many bans, repercussions and humiliation you cannot find another batsman to go past this record
He is the fourth highest scorer in test, not second. Shakib is the highest scorer followed by Tamim and Mushfiqur.
Old August 17, 2018, 12:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Then he should be chosen in place of Riad.

Riad should focus on short format as his test form does not seem to improve.
Old August 17, 2018, 01:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Not much chance of him getting picked anytime soon. Minhazul Abedin Nannu is going to keep him out of the team anyway he can , in an interview he was saying Ashraful is not fit and we have much better fit players already . As if we are some top team with all top players in every position and with strong reserves, he will keep selecting hacks like anamul instead in the squad every series
Old August 17, 2018, 02:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Then he should be chosen in place of Riad.

Riad should focus on short format as his test form does not seem to improve.
You want Riyad the BPL hero to be dropped from the test team? You sir - and I'm sorry to have to tell you this - sound like a hater.
Old August 17, 2018, 02:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
You want Riyad the BPL hero to be dropped from the test team? You sir - and I'm sorry to have to tell you this - sound like a hater.
Riad is a Nidahas trophy hero, also hero in recent WIndies series.

How can I take those out through hate?
Old August 18, 2018, 04:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Hahaha

Averages 21 in recent first class competition, average never crossed 25 in his life after getting enough matches in

Old August 20, 2018, 08:43 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Easy replacement for Sabbir... hope it happens!!!