facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 18, 2011, 04:42 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Facts ... Good reminder for the Fishy Brains .. Well that doesn't guarantee him a position in the team, if he isn't in form. However, the fans who abuse a guy with such achievements for our cricket are all brainless idiots. He deserves respect for the achievements he has made. if he wasn't there, our test status whould be removed a long time before. It was Ashes inningses in test, that gave an impression & belief that we can improve further with time to compete. So the fans who abuse him in dirty languages, lacks self respect. But again, I don't think he should be in the team at this point, lets see how the new guys & the team performs. if Ash has to be taken at any point in future, I think the captaincy has to go to SN or someone a bit senior/matured than Shakib. Our cricket admin is more responsible, for the destruction of such a talent by pure mishandling.
thanks for this sensible post..this is what i want to hear from a true ash fan..i was a ash fan in early days..and i'm still his fan ..but atm i dont want him near BD team..he needs to prove himself for a time basis..not just for a tour or a match..if any other player plays well for a series and gets included in the BD squad i'm ok with that but not for ash..why?..because 10 years is a very long time span..i dont know what the other player will do..will he fail or not..but more or less i can guess what ash will do since he hasn't shown me anything different in 10 years..i want ash out of BD team for atleast a year.. our domestic structure is bad so let him play in england or india ..he is still young..many great batsman's career jump started in the 30s like hayden..so ash can do it too..he has the talent..qus is how much he wants it..one year in the english 2nd devision or may be ranji trophy will give us a clear sign if we can take him in the BD squad or not
Old August 18, 2011, 09:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

i don't think he will get to play in this series anymore. hom and nasir have ensured that
Old August 18, 2011, 09:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
i don't think he will get to play in this series anymore. hom and nasir have ensured that
Not yet. A single slip up in the next match and Ash is in. They will have to perform consistently atleast in the next two series. Only then the miracle can happen. It's those two kids vs the media.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old August 18, 2011, 09:28 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
It's his non-fans who made this thread popular. Whenever he fails, they come here and start bashing. They(most of them) don't come here when he makes some runs.

Check this link...to see who made this thread more popular.
I feel proud.
Old August 18, 2011, 09:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
thanks for this sensible post..this is what i want to hear from a true ash fan..i was a ash fan in early days..and i'm still his fan ..but atm i dont want him near BD team..he needs to prove himself for a time basis..not just for a tour or a match..if any other player plays well for a series and gets included in the BD squad i'm ok with that but not for ash..why?..because 10 years is a very long time span..i dont know what the other player will do..will he fail or not..but more or less i can guess what ash will do since he hasn't shown me anything different in 10 years..i want ash out of BD team for atleast a year.. our domestic structure is bad so let him play in england or india ..he is still young..many great batsman's career jump started in the 30s like hayden..so ash can do it too..he has the talent..qus is how much he wants it..one year in the english 2nd devision or may be ranji trophy will give us a clear sign if we can take him in the BD squad or not
Some good points...

A county/Ranji contract will help him a lot. Shak helped Tamim to get a contract there. Wonder if he would do the same for Ash. I also heard that Ian Pont played a vital role for Russell and Tamim to get a contract there. Would be nice if he could do the same for Ash and other players...
Old August 18, 2011, 09:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Some good points...

A county/Ranji contract will help him a lot. Shak helped Tamim to get a contract there. Wonder if he would do the same for Ash. I also heard that Ian Pont played a vital role for Russell and Tamim to get a contract there. Would be nice if he could do the same for Ash and other players...
Shak didn't really help. Tamim helped with his own performances. Tamim credited Shak because he said he paved the way by showing that BD cricketers can perform in counties. That's what Ash has do to get a county contract which he won' be able to get since he rarely performs. He could try to get a contract with a Ranji side since the Indian FC scene is much better then ours.
Old August 18, 2011, 11:05 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Because he hardly ever does.
Thank you. His 'non-fans' what is that even suppose to mean? As far as I'm concrrned once he gets selected in the playing 11 no body wishes for his failures. I don't sit there and wish 'I really hope ashraful fails today so I can bash him'. But for some reason 'Ash lovers' (for lack of a better word) thinks Ashraful has earned this god given right not to be bashed even when he fails to perform because he has 'won' us some games, or he has scored some 'eid' innings. As for 'non-fans' not coming here is because the 'non-fans' are looking for more than just one 50 innings, they are looking for this thing called 'consistency'.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old August 18, 2011, 11:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Shak didn't really help. Tamim helped with his own performances. Tamim credited Shak because he said he paved the way by showing that BD cricketers can perform in counties. That's what Ash has do to get a county contract which he won' be able to get since he rarely performs. He could try to get a contract with a Ranji side since the Indian FC scene is much better then ours.
You could be right bro but I heard that Shak highly recommended Tamim to WCC. (could be false information) Whatever the case it is I do agree that performance needs to be there to back it up and Tamim certainly had it and that's what Ash is seriously lacking....
Old August 18, 2011, 12:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Because he hardly ever does.
Great point !!!

Thats explains why this thread is so busy most of the time.
Old August 18, 2011, 12:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
He could try to get a contract with a Ranji side since the Indian FC scene is much better then ours.
Not sure currently any Ranji side will be willing to bet on Ashraful at this point.

Unfortunately he need to come back using the normal channel like any other dropped national players i.e. constantly performing in the local league followed by contsant performanc in the team-a.... no short cut like last few times. These short-cut and quick (attempted) fixes is basically killing his career for last few years.
Old August 18, 2011, 12:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

^Ya it's probably gonna be hard for him. I think some other players on our team even have a better chance then Ash.
Old August 18, 2011, 01:35 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

The Quote Unquote section of Cricinfo is now displaying this quote by Nottinghamshire batsman Ali Brown, on his decision to retire: "I always believed that the day my age exceeds my batting average it would be time to consider calling time on my career." Given Ashraful's averages of 23.02 (Tests) and 22.83 (ODIs), maybe it is time for him to do the same?
Old August 18, 2011, 01:44 PM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

Quote:
Check this link...to see who made this thread more popular.
Hah, and here I thought of being the 2nd best Ash Basher! Turuly disappointed.

(currently #14, dated 2011/08/19)

Last edited by riankhan; August 18, 2011 at 02:30 PM..
Old August 18, 2011, 01:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
The Quote Unquote section of Cricinfo is now displaying this quote by Nottinghamshire batsman Ali Brown, on his decision to retire: "I always believed that the day my age exceeds my batting average it would be time to consider calling time on my career." Given Ashraful's averages of 23.02 (Tests) and 22.83 (ODIs), maybe it is time for him to do the same?
priceless ...
Old August 18, 2011, 02:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shk/Mus/Momi/Nas/Mas/Rub

Ashraful holo ekta morichika ekta golok dhadha, ei morchikar pesone amra fan ebong board indefinite vabe chuta chuti korsi !!
Old August 18, 2011, 02:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
Ashraful holo ekta morichika ekta golok dhadha, ei morchikar pesone amra fan ebong board indefinite vabe chuta chuti korsi !!
ar shangbadik rao!
Old August 18, 2011, 04:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
Thank you. His 'non-fans' what is that even suppose to mean? As far as I'm concrrned once he gets selected in the playing 11 no body wishes for his failures. I don't sit there and wish 'I really hope ashraful fails today so I can bash him'. But for some reason 'Ash lovers' (for lack of a better word) thinks Ashraful has earned this god given right not to be bashed even when he fails to perform because he has 'won' us some games, or he has scored some 'eid' innings. As for 'non-fans' not coming here is because the 'non-fans' are looking for more than just one 50 innings, they are looking for this thing called 'consistency'.

I didn't say people can't bash him. People can bash him but there should be some balance. And it is not his fault that he keeps getting selected despite being in worst form of his career. Bash the selectors. Most of the Ash fans didn't want him in the WC squad and also in this tour.

Non-fans means not his fan. Ash fans didn't create these terms here. Calling you non-fan making you mad but imagine how his fans feel when people call them "Ash/A$$ Kisser". We are not his A$$ kisser or blind fans. We don't want to see him in the team when he is out of form. We all want good for the team.

And Ajfar, some people do wish him to fail. I saw that during the WC, I think.
Old August 18, 2011, 04:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
I didn't say people can't bash him. People can bash him but there should be some balance. And it is not his fault that he keeps getting selected despite being in worst form of his career. Bash the selectors. Most of the Ash fans didn't want him in the WC squad and also in this tour.
It's also his fault along with the selectors. Why is he playing cricket after all these things?
Old August 18, 2011, 10:30 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy

top post
Old August 18, 2011, 11:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
It's also his fault along with the selectors. Why is he playing cricket after all these things?

Perfect ..
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old August 18, 2011, 11:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Bangladesh

I think this is the beginning of the end for Sir. Beukoof.

Good riddance!
Old August 19, 2011, 04:52 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan

Good riddance!
Scandalous post. Luckily I am not mod.
Old August 19, 2011, 09:11 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: The Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan

Good riddance!
nope.....the ending of the end...the beginning of the end began long time back.....in odis he's gone and its THE END....in tests..well..u can say the beginning of the end....we've found shuogoto, nasir....and no longer he can come back..
Old August 19, 2011, 09:18 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

When Ash. is not in the team BD always perform as a team, Sakib handle the team smoothly.
Old August 19, 2011, 10:06 AM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

Legends never dies. Ash will come back be brought back strong. Even, media will score runs for him