facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: BD vs Ireland
Ireland will white wash BD kids 3-0 7 12.28%
BD kids will white wash Ireland 3-0 24 42.11%
Ireland beats BD kids 2-1 9 15.79%
BD kids beat Ireland 2-1 17 29.82%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 14, 2008, 05:28 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar
Default How would Bangladesh fare against mighty Ireland?

Will BD kids like Tamim Zunaed or Ashra-ful able to withstand the mighty Ireland pace attach on a slow pitch? How will the pathetic natural game players fare against a disciplined Irish team?

BD captain Ashra-fool think they can win 3-0 against the Irish. What do we fan think about it?

Old March 14, 2008, 05:59 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Thanks to the mods for undoing the merge.
Old March 14, 2008, 07:07 PM
Cricket Legend

srilanka is a better team than us so is south africa,new zealand and othertop 8 teams but not ireland,i think we are gonna win this series ,we might win 2-1 or 3-0,bangladesh is gonna win !!!
Old March 14, 2008, 07:38 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

It is a tough question really. It is all the more tougher now. I mean if you think of bd players, i would say almost all players are the same. You can easily think of ash scoring a ton or higher against the Irish, but you could also, and just as easily think of Ash just getting out for 8 to 10. And the same goes for all players, call him Tamim, SN, or even bowlers like Mash lol.
As far as bowling goes, I would assume spin to be pretty consistent, but the pacers can get trashed really bad. Just "depends on their day". And that is the worst part of it all, depending on their day, lol.
Wished they would be more predictable... in the good way of course.
Old March 14, 2008, 07:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

beating ireland won't be easy but they will do it.
Old March 14, 2008, 07:46 PM
Banned

Ireland certainly have the ability to beat BD as it was the case in the W 2007. Moreover Ireland come to BD with confidence after having a good tour of UAE so they are Confident. On the other hand BD are with a lot of Pressure , But If BD do the basics right and play sensibly, they will win 3-0, No doubt!
Old March 14, 2008, 08:00 PM
Cricket Legend

I think BD should win 2-1. 3-0 is only posible if they manage to fire on all cylinders.
Old March 14, 2008, 08:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Sahastra
I think BD should win 2-1. 3-0 is only posible if they manage to fire on all cylinders.
If all cylinders fire at the same time, the engine will burst.
Old March 14, 2008, 08:30 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: 6+4=10 Dulkar

Ashrafoooooooool ar shomosssa ta ki!
cinemar hero hoya gase mone hoy, kheltey china mone hoy.....
aibar valo na korle khobor ase!
Old March 14, 2008, 09:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain/Dale Steyn

Ireland thrashed a decent BD team in the WC. The BD team were full of confidence, beating SA only a couple of games back.

So why do we all expect BD to white wash them NOW?
Old March 14, 2008, 09:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkrulz
Ireland thrashed a decent BD team in the WC. The BD team were full of confidence, beating SA only a couple of games back.

brilliant post, logically consistent...

i am not really sure but i am hoping we beat them every single game and carry momentum to pakistan next month...

i can't say anything for sure, but i hope we beat them, we show them how much tough we have gotten since april 15th 2007.
Old March 14, 2008, 09:32 PM
Banned

Quote:

I know that I have been critical of BD but I genuingly belive that BD will record thumping wins against Ireland.. To answer your question Ireland is similar to Scotland and BD beat Scotland quite comfortably In Dhaka last year..so Ireland will have a tough going against the spinners..Based on that, BD are definatley favorite despite the performance SA. Also BD Batsman will hopfully find Irish bowlers less speedy so definatly...Nothing less then 3-0 and I am expecting BD to score 230 plus every game with thumping wins!!
Old March 14, 2008, 09:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Comon guys have some faith in your team. They got trashed by the #1 team. IR is no where near them. Great to see Sayem's supporting color. I back him up it will be 3-0 hands down.

They beat us in WC cause rassell was out last moment and pitch was hard so we had hard time adjusting from a slow pitch.

But this time its a different story. SN alone will take care of them in Batting side and in bowling they will see fire from Mash and Spin from three directions...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old March 14, 2008, 09:44 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
Comon guys have some faith in your team. They got trashed by the #1 team. IR is no where near them. Great to see Sayem's supporting color. I back him up it will be 3-0 hands down.

They beat us in WC cause rassell was out last moment and pitch was hard so we had hard time adjusting from a slow pitch.

But this time its a different story. SN alone will take care of them in Batting side and in bowling they will see fire from Mash and Spin from three directions...
Amen to that brother, amen. Im confident of a complete witewash.
Old March 14, 2008, 10:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:

Truly said! At that time BD had two wins against 2 good teams under their belts, i think that they were over confident that Ireland would have been a roll over, but the Irish boys had other ideas, now with this dismal performance and failure against SA, and with so many fans mad at them, I know that their confidence is very low. Only a miracle can turn the tide. I hope that Aftab is now OK to play, he was truly missed in the ODIs against SA.
Do not forget that Ireland is oozing with confidence at the moment after winning all their matches, they have not come to BD to get beaten., also, they know that BD is a demoralized team at the moment with volatile captaincy and they will take advantage of that.They are tough and mentally competent, not like our schoolboys.who cant think properly and realize that they are so lucky that it was easy for them to gain a place in the national side and then show a carefree attitude as to say, well BD cant do better. This is the whole problem, they do not have competent players waiting on the sidelines.

Last edited by zainab; March 14, 2008 at 11:18 PM..
Old March 14, 2008, 11:59 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: SHAKIB AL HASAN

i dont know but i hav a feeling that bd will win the 1st odi, ireland the 2nd one and bd the last one...i just hope we win the series..whether its a whitewash or 2-1 win...
Old March 15, 2008, 12:38 AM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:

What the hell you guys are writing??? We lost to Ireland because that match was played in Barbados which is a very bouncy track and we also took Irish lightly as we won against the Proteas in the the match before. And if you compare Ireland who are ranked 10th at moment with South Africa who are ranked 1st at the moment than it doesn't make any sense. Just because we lost 3-0 to South Africa doesn't mean that we will also loose to Ireland 3-0. Ireland will try to give a good fight but we will whitewash them, no matter what situation we are at the moment. I have been to Ireland and it is mighty cold most of the time therefore the Irish will suffer a lot in this hot weather and also they will find the Bangladeshi pitch very difficult to negotiate.
Old March 15, 2008, 12:55 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: 6+4=10 Dulkar

mighty Ireland ?????????????????????????????????
Old March 15, 2008, 01:04 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

people are suffering from hallucination here
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanim3960
mighty Ireland ?????????????????????????????????
Old March 15, 2008, 01:10 AM
Test Cricketer

I really think, if bangladesh players, speacially our captain play like he played with SA team ( careless, reckless, attacking each ball to send to boundary) then there is a big possiblility that we lose to ireland. Cauz I watch the match in the world cup,the irish have the aggression, the attitude, the promise to keep playing good cricket. So, fans, please don't get hurt if we can't beat irish in the next coming series.
Old March 15, 2008, 01:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayem
I know that I have been critical of BD but I genuingly belive that BD will record thumping wins against Ireland.. To answer your question Ireland is similar to Scotland and BD beat Scotland quite comfortably In Dhaka last year..so Ireland will have a tough going against the spinners..Based on that, BD are definatley favorite despite the performance SA. Also BD Batsman will hopfully find Irish bowlers less speedy so definatly...Nothing less then 3-0 and I am expecting BD to score 230 plus every game with thumping wins!!

Sorry to say bro, Bangaldeshi batasman (speacially Ash) don't need fast speedy bowler to bowled them out. They know each and every technique to suicide themselves.
Old March 15, 2008, 01:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

The problem is within our Cricketers fragile cricketing brain, and not their muscles !
Old March 15, 2008, 01:26 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77

At the moment, I wouldn't be surprised if they got whooped from Ire. Besides they also got double whooped from NZ. It's better not to expect anything extraordinary to happen.
Old March 15, 2008, 01:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

its a hope BD 3-0 Irish

Reality may be 2-1
Old March 15, 2008, 01:59 AM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

when you say mighty ireland its fear me!!! Bhut!!!